HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
15 days late, but I've decided to join this challenge because after fighting my hair a couple of days ago - I am in!! I will be doing Bantu knots and twists (when it get cooler, I will be wearing hats). These syles are simple and won't require me to change them up too often.

Hello All I an a new girl, joined yesterday.
The photo of my hair lenth now is in the photo below.
I want to do this challange but I think my hair is too short.
I know all of you will do well, look forward to the results

you can always wear falls and half wigs. I will post pics of my falls tonight.

For the first time in I don't know when I got a serious urge to straighten my hair and wear it down. I don't know where that came from since I wear protective styles 99% of the time. Now 100% since I joined the challenge. That must be it....We always want to do what we're not supposed to do. Just human nature I guess.:lachen:

Any way, I've been in buns, half, wigs, and phony pony's since I started the challenge. I switch up almost every other day. I keep my own pony in a moisturized baggy under the styles. Can't wait to see what happens in December.

My hair is shorter than yours(see siggy). I am participating in this challenge with the use of sew-ins and half wigs. My hair is long enough to pull into a teenie weenie ponytail so I could also use a phony pony as well.

I am going to braid my hair for HYH. Any suggestions? I plan to do it myself and don't want to spend four to five days doing it.

OMG just seeing this. I'm in been wearing cornrows and twist. So I was already doing this. I'm excited to see how my hair will look in 2009. Hiding my hair and using Beemine every day!!!!!

Is it too late to join this challenge? I have been bunning either using my hair or phony ponies since my texlax earlier in August and I don't plan to rollerset again until my t/u in Dec. I do wear my hair in a pony at night but only DH's sees that....

i too suck at challenges. I'll be doing something similar on my own once i get my weave done sometime next wk i'll be hiding from everyone except my stylist since she's the one that does my weaves. I'm pretty sure my hair will grow a tonne if i don't relax before december.

i'm in i've been hididng my hair already and I planned to do it until dec. to reach apl, I 'may straighen it in oct and in dec. that will be my 2 passes

Hi Ladies!
How is everyone doing on HYH? Here are some pics of my holiday hair. For labor day weekend, I decided to wear wigs. My SO really like the curly one. The humidity in NC is no joke this weekend. I am also in the relaxer stretch challenge (13 wks post!) so I had to come up with something cute! Both of the wigs are human hair from the Janet Collection at my local BSS.

Attachments

• LongWig.jpg
    LongWig.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
  • CurlyWig.jpg
    CurlyWig.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi Ladies!
How is everyone doing on HYH? Here are some pics of my holiday hair. For labor day weekend, I decided to wear wigs. My SO really like the curly one. The humidity in NC is no joke this weekend. I am also in the relaxer stretch challenge (13 wks post!) so I had to come up with something cute! Both of the wigs are human hair from the Janet Collection at my local BSS.

I like those! I have been having a difficult time finding wigs that I really like. Are those full wigs or half wigs?

Hi Ladies!
Girl I really like that curly one!! I love the way you are wearing it with the headband, that's the hotness right there! :thumbsup:

Is it too late to join? It looks like 12/08/08 will be my next touch up after 6 months. My ultimate goal is to have my hair BSL by the end of this year.

I like those! I have been having a difficult time finding wigs that I really like. Are those full wigs or half wigs?
The straight one is a Mono Cap full wig and the curly one is a half wig. For the half wig, I just put my hair in a baggied pony, place the wig on, then cover the front with a headband. My coworkers thought that it was my hair since I been hiding it for a while now.:grin:

Girl I really like that curly one!! I love the way you are wearing it with the headband, that's the hotness right there! :thumbsup:
Thanks! This one was only $20! So I bought 2, a black one and a highlighted one.

Hi Ladies!

Those wigs are the hotness! I'm going wig shopping as soon as I get some moolah. I just got my relaxer, so I'll be starting soon.

OKAY LADIES... THE POLL IS NOW CLOSED, IT IS NOW SEPT 1ST.. NO ONE ELSE IS TO BE ADDED TO THE CHALLENGE :blush::blush:

I WANT TO SEE SOME GORGEOUS MANE COME DEC 31ST :spinning::spinning:

WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE ON LHCF SO FAR :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep: Thanks lexi84

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {yourself,family,friends,co-workers,DH,SO}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki, if you do lock the album
At the end of challenge we will show our before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
yodie
Oneya
trinistar
Sassyb4Classy
Christa438
sistas4longhair
ayoung
SparkleDoll
joib
runrunrunner
ayjacks
explosiva9
sistas4longhair
luscious850
lexi84
myronnie
likewtr4chklit
tallglass200
wannabelong
nixx
song_of_serenity
moustacy
than
quasimodi
charmtreese
redd
moonglowdiva
HighlyFavored8
naturalepiphany
evsbaby
shalilac
DDtexlaxed
nikamya
monamia
plummy7734
vesteluv1
tishee
Miss Tress
missnurselady
special k
nikkipoo
browney3z
growninghair
jamila75
NinasLongAmbition
MissTical
tsmith
GodsGrace
lynb76
DaPPeR
Arabella
AtlantaJJ
MissNorway
ParvaniVida
xxBlackRosexx
blair
princessdi
Andie
MonaRae
glamazon386
delray712000
ebonimama
HairJunky08
Ekaette
Prettyeyes
ILuvsmuhgrass
praisedancer
ladybeesrch
Tigget75
trj1922
Serenity_Peace
carribean_dream
tootrendy19
AnnaStaishaP
Hot40
Covergirl5906
LiveLoveLife
ayjacks
Ms.Nigeria
delray712000
ScarletPhoenix

Last edited:
Count me in!!
I'll be hiding with braids and weaves. I really want to wear my hair out for Christmas but,. I won't post my results 'til Jan. 1st. Can I still join?

I just got a relaxer touch-up (8/29/08) any my tail is APL (YEEEEEEA!) but I'm not claiming it until I have full APL in the back, and at least collarbone in the front. (no pictures until Jan 1 2008)

When I went to get my touch-up, the lady at the shop wanted to give me a trim :nono: (hell naw) I been working too hard this past summer with my bagging, and bunning to trim right now.

I'll get a trim maybe Jan, or Feb. I wore my hair out saturday cause I just got a touch-up, will be continuously bagging, and bunning daily until I reach my goal of full APL, or back BSL, and front SL (which will be mostly late 2009 due to my slow hair growth rate)!

I'm in! I'm tired of looking at my hair:perplexed
i will be bunning and doing flexi-rod sets and braid-outs until december:yep:

I've been doing pretty good. I wore my hair down 1 day last week but it was a wet set with very small rollers. So technically my full length wasn't shown. :look: If I can get away with that once every couple weeks I'll be cool. :grin:

90% of the time I am in a bun or a french roll with the ends out. :yep:

I have been doing really good also :grin: I can't until December to see everyone's wonderful progress :yep:

I've been doing pretty good. I wore my hair down 1 day last week but it was a wet set with very small rollers. So technically my full length wasn't shown. :look: If I can get away with that once every couple weeks I'll be cool. :grin:

90% of the time I am in a bun or a french roll with the ends out. :yep:

I know it's too late to join, but I'm gonna be doing this on my own along with you guys. :yep: Hopefully by December I'll be shocked and amazed!! :lol:

Back