HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just finish washing my hair using protein products, for a while now I have been using products that contain moisture but I neglected to add protein to my regimen and my hair started to get weak and break:wallbash:. Sooooo now that I'm finish with the protein treatment it's back in a bun :yep:.

I'm in! In fact I am even hiding it from myself I believe I will be able to see real progress if I stop watching it. I've got cornrows in my hair now and will keep them in for 2 - 3 weeks. The 3rd or 4th week I will removed, DC and wear a bun and the 4th or 5th week I will get the cornrown again. I plan on doing this rotation until May 2009!

this is exactly why i'm doing it.

not just hiding it from other people
but also from myself.

i'm hoping to keep each set of twists in for 2 weeks to 1 month...depending on the signs my hair is giving me each time.

i'll also be going longer than december 2008 with this hiding the hair thing.

i was actually going to do it for a year...or at least TRY to do it for a year

I just finish washing my hair using protein products, for a while now I have been using products that contain moisture but I neglected to add protein to my regimen and my hair started to get weak and break:wallbash:. Sooooo now that I'm finish with the protein treatment it's back in a bun :yep:.

Thanks for the reminder to mix in protein every now and again. :yep: I avoid it like the plague sometimes. :look:

My hair is currently in braids. I plan to keep them in for another 3 weeks. After I take them out, plan to wig it for 1-2 weeks and then relax. After I relax, I plan to bun for 6 weeks and then get a sew-in weave which should take me until December. I'm hoping to make it to BSL ;).

I was on the fence about this. But, I am currently in braids until October. I think I will get a sew in then ,and be in it until January! So I am hiding my hair!

Hmm... id like to join, but i love wearing my hair down. I'm going to do my own challenge and wear it down no more than once or twice a week. I usually wear it down everyday. You gotta start somewhere.

How are we doing with our challenge ladies? Please let us know if you're still sticking to it!!! :drunk:
Still wearing a WnG bun everyday. I might roller set my hair really curly tomorrow and wear pinned up curls next week for a change.

Last edited:
Hey ladies..

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]yea so... I have to drop this challenge:nono:[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Many of the styles Im doing arent really considered as hiding my hair. Everyone can pretty much tell what length I am so its pretty pointless. I was going to bun til december but Im scurred for my ends and my hair is way too short for a doghnut. Good Luck on the challenge Ladies![/FONT]

Well, I'm still in my twists. They're getting pretty old though so I'll probably will take them down sometime before labor day. I think I'm just going to rollerset my hair and bun it for a week before I put in some more braids or twists. MonaRae your a good one :notworthy , May 2009? I'd personally go crazy. I know its only 4-5 additional months, but... You GROW GIRL!!!! :grin:

I'm late, but I'm ready to join. I've been in braids since about August 15 th anyways. After I take these down in mid-September, I'm putting in a weave.

I'm in. I got Senegalese twists put in today and I'll get another set of braids in 2 or 3 months. That should get me to december

My hair is currently in braids. I plan to keep them in for another 3 weeks. After I take them out, plan to wig it for 1-2 weeks and then relax. After I relax, I plan to bun for 6 weeks and then get a sew-in weave which should take me until December. I'm hoping to make it to BSL ;).

Me too. :yep:;)

Can i join?

I'm getting ready to put my braids back up today.

Hopefully i'll be full sl by the end of the year.

I don't need to see my hair for the rest of the year:nono:

Ladies the list has been updated :yep:

I hope everyone is hiding their hair :spinning:

WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep: Thanks lexi84

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {yourself,family,friends,co-workers,DH,SO}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki, if you do lock the album
At the end of challenge we will show our before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
yodie
Oneya
trinistar
Sassyb4Classy
Christa438
sistas4longhair
ayoung
SparkleDoll
joib
runrunrunner
ayjacks
explosiva9
sistas4longhair
luscious850
lexi84
myronnie
likewtr4chklit
tallglass200
wannabelong
nixx
song_of_serenity
moustacy
than
quasimodi
charmtreese
redd
moonglowdiva
HighlyFavored8
naturalepiphany
evsbaby
shalilac
DDtexlaxed
nikamya
monamia
plummy7734
vesteluv1
tishee
Miss Tress
missnurselady
special k
nikkipoo
browney3z
growninghair
jamila75
NinasLongAmbition
MissTical
tsmith
GodsGrace
lynb76
DaPPeR
Arabella
AtlantaJJ
MissNorway
ParvaniVida
xxBlackRosexx
blair
princessdi
Andie
MonaRae
glamazon386
delray712000
ebonimama
HairJunky08
Ekaette
Prettyeyes
ILuvsmuhgrass
praisedancer
Ladybeesrch

I'm wearing my hair in buns and a 1/2 wig. And I plan to reveal my hair for Christmas, however - DH sees my hair when we shower together, so I guess that's two strikes against me, but have fun ladies!

Is it too late to join:look:

WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep: Thanks lexi84

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {yourself,family,friends,co-workers,DH,SO}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki, if you do lock the album
At the end of challenge we will show our before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
yodie
Oneya
trinistar
Sassyb4Classy
Christa438
sistas4longhair
ayoung
SparkleDoll
joib
runrunrunner
ayjacks
explosiva9
sistas4longhair
luscious850
lexi84
myronnie
likewtr4chklit
tallglass200
wannabelong
nixx
song_of_serenity
moustacy
than
quasimodi
charmtreese
redd
moonglowdiva
HighlyFavored8
naturalepiphany
evsbaby
shalilac
DDtexlaxed
nikamya
monamia
plummy7734
vesteluv1
tishee
Miss Tress
missnurselady
special k
nikkipoo
browney3z
growninghair
jamila75
NinasLongAmbition
MissTical
tsmith
GodsGrace
lynb76
DaPPeR
Arabella
AtlantaJJ
MissNorway
ParvaniVida
xxBlackRosexx
blair
princessdi
Andie
MonaRae
glamazon386
delray712000
ebonimama
HairJunky08
Ekaette
Prettyeyes
ILuvsmuhgrass
praisedancer
ladybeesrch

Well even though I am not officially starting until 1st week of September, I've only had my hair down a few days since the challenge began. I wore a wetset down today, a TERRIBLE mistake. We're still getting over Tropical Storm Fay and it rained up...a storm. :darkcloud: I really feel like cwing and starting over with a bun tomorrow. :ohwell:

I'm a newbie and a little late but I'd like to join too. I wear a bun everyday and I'll be doing the Mega-Tek thing when mine comes in the mail. I'd love to let it down at the end of the year and be astonished!:yep:

OKay I'll come clean and admit that I"m using one of my passes this weekend. I want my hair flat-ironed for my wedding 2moro. So that's 1 down 2 to go til xmas.

The challenge list has been updated :grin:

Ladies you have only 3 passes, and you can use them whenever you want, however less is more. I hope everyone is hiding their hair as well as maintaining their gorgeous mane... :yep::yep:

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY TO HEALTHY HAIR :grin::grin::grin:

I needed this challenge. I have to run away from heat and manipulation. FAST. lol I would like to be WL by the end of this year..

Please add me!!

I'm in and I have already started doing this in an effort to retain as much length as I can this fall and winter....I plan to hide my hair until March! Then next length check and use of heat for me will be Dec when I do my next touch up...

Back