HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Checking in... I've been bunning non stop seven days a week..:ohwell:
This week I make 11 weeks post relaxer, I'm trying to decide when I am going to do my touch-up. I want to hold out until my birthday weekend, hence my screen name, I would be 14 weeks post relaxer if I wait until then. My newgrowth has already begin to curl up and dred :lachen:and it's hella dry :blush:.

I have been wearing either buns or wet sets (down). I am wearing a wet set with my hair down today and will do so tomorrow. Wed I will bun it back up. I did wear a wash n go on Sunday but my hair curled up a little. I haven't worn a straight down style and won't until I get it relaxed in November. I am probably in buns at least 4 -5 days every week (on average).

Is a wet set the same is a roller set?
wash n go? Is your hair wet when you leave home?

Checking in... I've been bunning non stop seven days a week..:ohwell:
This week I make 11 weeks post relaxer, I'm trying to decide when I am going to do my touch-up. I want to hold out until my birthday weekend, hence my screen name, I would be 14 weeks post relaxer if I wait until then. My newgrowth has already begin to curl up and dred :lachen:and it's hella dry :blush:.

Girl dont tell me your b-day is October 20....mine is October 18. :grin: We have more in common than I thought! LOL! And we both live in Chi-town....we should go out for our b-days lady!

What are you ladies doing about them edges. My hairline is so thick, nothing lays them down.

I've learned not to fight with my hair. I dont want to end up with bald edges because I was concentrating to hard on them. :nono: I brush them down and if they dont want to stay slicked all day then okay.

Yes it is madaam :grin::grin::grin: My ship said the same thing :yep: ya'll gonna have to share me with my SO :blush::blush:

Girl dont tell me your b-day is October 20....mine is October 18. :grin: We have more in common than I thought! LOL! And we both live in Chi-town....we should go out for our b-days lady!

I'm checking in also.

Wearing twists and twistouts currently. Will be braiding and baggying for month of October. Trying not to use any of my passes. Maybe for Christmas...maybe lol

Ok I know Im late but Im gonna join this challenge. I got kinky twists on August 25th so officially Im only 10 days left. Plan on hiding my hair until the spring.

Bumpping cause I want to see how everyone is doing!

I'm doing great! Still bunning, now I'm co-washing with Shikakai powder mixed in my conditioner. It's doing good so far, but can't use too much because it's a protein and my hair doesn't like protein too tough!

I wish I had that problem. :perplexed I don't know what to tell you to do but praise God, gel it up and tie it down at night! :lachen:
I am also using gel on my edges. AND I JUST CUT some BANGS to dress up my bun. I feel much sexier while wearing my bun today! Oh yeah don't forget the earrings and lipgloss/lipstick.

I'm doing well. I've been wiggin' it for the past week and plan to wig for the rest of this week. I'm relaxing this weekend. I plan to use one pass for next Monday so that I can wear my hair down :)! Then it is back to bunning for the next 6 weeks. Afterward, I'm going to install a weave and keep it in until the end of December.

What are you ladies doing about them edges. My hairline is so thick, nothing lays them down.
I use full strength conditioner (usually Kenra MC) and tie it down with a scarf. It usually lasts at least a day until I tie it down again. :yep:

Is a wet set the same is a roller set?
wash n go? Is your hair wet when you leave home?

Yes, we set = roller set
For wngs, my hair is wet when I leave home. :ohwell: I don't do them often because they can be drying and they require planning. I can't wear them when I have on a silk or delicate shirt. I need something heavy duty that can absorb the dampness from my hair w/o getting damaged. My wng tends to dry out in a few hours. I still count it as hiding because my hair curls up and the true length doesn't show.

Right now I have a wet set but I pinned up the ends. :yep: I wear buns almost all the time. Yesterday I did a wng ponytail. :yep:

Hair grew. Shoulder lenghth on one side. I'll wait to trim because one side grows faster than the other and by touch up time the other side catches up. Using all 3 of my passes this week for a special occaission. How's everyone else doing?:grin:

Did my touch-up last week but I am back in a bun :grin:. I bet co-workers are thinking to themselves she just got a touch-up and she is back to wearing that bun again :ohwell:.....

How is the challenge going ladies?????

Bumpping to see how everyone is doing, I don't want anyone to feel bored with this challenge! It's crucial for me to have atleast full APL, by my b-day (May) so I know it's crucial for you too to have a goal lenght by a certain date too! :grin:

This is getting soooo hard now because i have a nice lil amt. of new growth to play with.
I hate having to put it up...but i know its for the better:yep:
Still though...*sigh*

I'm lovin' it! Maybe b/c I don't really like doing too much with my hair. I'm really basic, wash, DC, moiturize & seal, then bun until next wash day (usually sunday and wednesday). I guess once my hair is longer I can try all the cool updos and buns I see yall wearing.

Still hiding. :yep: I haven't stuck completely with buns - other times I'll wet set and pin up the hair, or wet set tightly and leave it down since that still hides at least 4 inches of length (only did this a couple times). I'm considering wearing my wng down today but I'll see if it hides enough length first.

I may need to post my results pic mid next month when I do my touch up. If I wait until Dec I'll have more ng and it won't be accurate. Or I could straighten it for my reveal on Dec 31? Still deciding. :ohwell:

I am still hiding as well.. I wear bun for the most part and I did a protein treatment and some triming this past weekend so I will see how far to BSL I get by December.. The setback that I had is making me want to cut my hair to shoulder length and start over :wallbash: I am so freaking disappointed and angry :wallbash:

I am still hiding as well.. I wear bun for the most part and I did a protein treatment and some triming this past weekend so I will see how far to BSL I get by December.. The setback that I had is making me want to cut my hair to shoulder length and start over :wallbash: I am so freaking disappointed and angry :wallbash:

AWww, it's ok TLC :bighug:, we all have setbacks, and I know you feel like cutting, but don't if you don't have to. I say just keep nursing your hair back to health and it will come around, your hair is more resilient than you think!

Back