HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep:

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {family,friends, co-workers, DH(SO)}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki
End of challenge show before and after photo

EEK!! I have to upload my pics in my fotki but I can put them on lockdown I guess. And I am in the OCT/MT challenge as well and we have to reveal our progress pics every 3 months, so.......shucks! Maybe I can't do this, sorry, never mind. Don't add me anymore. I'm sorry.

Ladies who are sporting the adorable TWA's can get braids, twist, or (my favorite) a plastic cap and a selection of beautiful scarfs wrapped in creative ways. I treat my hair, baggy, and wrap my head with one of my head scarves. Last week I found fabric from India on sell at the local fabric store. I will take pics and post. I loooooove HYH.:grin: Just to give you some ideas. Most people forget that I have hair because they NEVER see it down.

thanks for this joib! count me in ladies! Currently, I do the whole head baggy underneath my scarfs.

IM IN!!!!! :grin:
been in wigs all year ... I plan to reveal my hair to my family/friends on Xmas when almost everybody will be together, I hope they see how far I've come. Im hoping for APL by Xmas too so we'll see.
HHG!

I'm on it! I work in a lab anyway..buns really do good for my hair and keep me from losing moisture! I'm only gonna do it at work though..not when i'm going out..i gotta preserve my sexy!

Ladies who are sporting the adorable TWA's can get braids, twist, or (my favorite) a plastic cap and a selection of beautiful scarfs wrapped in creative ways. I treat my hair, baggy, and wrap my head with one of my head scarves. Last week I found fabric from India on sell at the local fabric store. I will take pics and post. I loooooove HYH.:grin: Just to give you some ideas. Most people forget that I have hair because they NEVER see it down.

This is how I plan to hide my hair during the course of the fall/winter. The winters in Ohio are so harsh that I'm certain that much of the breakage I've experienced the past few years I've lived here is due to my hair being exposed to the elements. I'm trying to retain and gain length this winter, so protective styles are a must. *sigh* Hair growth would be much easier for me if I lived in a warmer, humid climate.

A great way to treat my hair and scalp while wearing headwraps is to spritz w/ my homemade leave-in (a mixture of suave tropical coconut, tea tree and peppermint oil, water, glycerine, and sometimes aloe vera juice). It makes my scalp all tingly and smell fresh. :yep:

Count me in I have been bunning since the begginning of my transition 01/20/08 and plan to continue until 01/20/09.

Okay Ladies, I've been named co-captain of this challenge and I will add more names by the end of today or early tomorrow (assuming my captain TLC doesnt get to it before I do). :grin:

Good luck girls!!! Happy hair growing!! :grin:

I'm going to join this for as long as I can. I rarely leave my hair down these days and I'll be getting a weave in a couple of weeks. I'll see how the challenge goes for me.

I'm in!

I have been in a sew in since 7/3/08. I am taking it down next weekend and will be getting kinky twists after I give my hair a break for about a week. I'll b ebunning or doing the phony pony in between my longterm protective styles. I has already planned to keep my hair hidden until the end of the year, so this challenge is right on.

Back