HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have actually been doing good bunning my hair, wearing a phoney pony and baggying and keeping it cute and moving. I really don't think about it. I know that its growing and definitely using no heat is helping I want to be closer to APL by the end of this year.

Ladies that request to join after Sept 1st its ok hide your hair as well :grin: you can be an unofficial member :yep:. I would like for you to show your before and after pictures also. I would like to see not only hair growth but overall healthy hair which is the most important factor :spinning:.

GOOD LUCK LADIES :circle:

Just checking in. I've been doing rollersets and bunning my hair. I'm thinking about trying to stick to wet bunning just because my ends do better that way but I also have the "hand in hair" disease. I find myself smoothing my hands over the top of my head down to the bun and touching it. I'm not quite sure if that's good for my hair. And I'm not even going to say what happens when I'm alone in my room getting ready to tie it up for the night. So, I think I will be braiding my hair for the remainder of this challenge just so I can cure myself. It feels good to tell about my behind doors behavior lol.

I'll join this unofficially too- Have been hth since 8/21/08. I am and will be wearing half wigs until Dec. 31st. I'll be relaxing in October but will lock the album until the reveal date. :grin:
My before shot is in my avi!!

Im In Mikisha
WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep: Thanks lexi84

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {yourself,family,friends,co-workers,DH,SO}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki, if you do lock the album
At the end of challenge we will show our before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
yodie
Oneya
trinistar
Sassyb4Classy
Christa438
sistas4longhair
ayoung
SparkleDoll
joib
runrunrunner
ayjacks
explosiva9
sistas4longhair
luscious850
lexi84
myronnie
likewtr4chklit
tallglass200
wannabelong
nixx
song_of_serenity
moustacy
than
quasimodi
charmtreese
redd
moonglowdiva
HighlyFavored8
naturalepiphany
evsbaby
shalilac
DDtexlaxed
nikamya
monamia
plummy7734
vesteluv1
tishee
Miss Tress
missnurselady
special k
nikkipoo
browney3z
growninghair
jamila75
NinasLongAmbition
MissTical
tsmith
GodsGrace
lynb76
DaPPeR
Arabella
AtlantaJJ
MissNorway
ParvaniVida
xxBlackRosexx
blair
princessdi
Andie
MonaRae
glamazon386
delray712000
ebonimama
HairJunky08
Ekaette
Prettyeyes
ILuvsmuhgrass
praisedancer
ladybeesrch
Tigget75
trj1922
Serenity_Peace
carribean_dream
tootrendy19
AnnaStaishaP
Hot40
Covergirl5906
LiveLoveLife
ayjacks
Ms.Nigeria
delray712000
ScarletPhoenix

I bunned all week and wetset last night on small rollers. I wore my hair down today but full length it's one inch from BSL, and wet set it is 1 inch past SL. It'll be back into an updo and then I'll start cwing and bunning again Mon or Tues of next week. I won't use a pass until mid November when I get a TU. :yep:

Just wanted to get some support because I'm really getting tired of this bunning!:wallbash: It's been hardcore 4 me since late July, and I been really getting bored, and need some support, on how to stay strong until Dec! My V-shape tail is APL! :grin:, but most of my hair is still SL, and my front is still between NL, and CL :ohwell: I know if I keep up on my bunning I will be all in my back APL, and my front should be full CL by DEC!

Helpppppppppp!!!

Thank you for hearing my rant!

Just wanted to get some support because I'm really getting tired of this bunning! It's been hardcore 4 me since late July, and I been really getting bored, and need some support, on how to stay strong until Dec! My V-shape tail is APL! , but most of my hair is still SL, and my front is still between NL, and CL I know if I keep up on my bunning I will be all in my back APL, and my front should be full CL by DEC!

Helpppppppppp!!!

Hey girl, I understand what you're going through. Its hard hiding your hair especially if your excited about your new length and wanna show it off. You know we get three passes, right.....:yep: If you're getting tired of the same old bun, just use one of your passes. I'm sure that will help ease the boredom. :grin:

Girl I know exactly how you are feeling :yep: I have been wearing buns non-stop seven days a week since August I plan on wearing buns until next month when do my touch-up then I will use one of my passes :grin:. The only thing that keep me going is when I wash my hair and let it air-dry I get to see that I still have hair :ohwell:. I know it is a lot but I notice that I retain much more length when my hair is consistently in a bun. I do know exactly what you are going thru but I will love to be that much closer to MBL by Christmas/New Year :grin:. I will more than likely use all my three passes... :yep:

Just wanted to get some support because I'm really getting tired of this bunning!:wallbash: It's been hardcore 4 me since late July, and I been really getting bored, and need some support, on how to stay strong until Dec! My V-shape tail is APL! :grin:, but most of my hair is still SL, and my front is still between NL, and CL :ohwell: I know if I keep up on my bunning I will be all in my back APL, and my front should be full CL by DEC!

Helpppppppppp!!!

Thanks! I should have kept my regimen up while I was gone though. I could be MBL by now. :wallbash: So stupid.

Girl I know exactly how you are feeling :yep: I have been wearing buns non-stop seven days a week since August I plan on wearing buns until next month when do my touch-up then I will use one of my passes :grin:. The only thing that keep me going is when I wash my hair and let it air-dry I get to see that I still have hair :ohwell:. I know it is a lot but I notice that I retain much more length when my hair is consistently in a bun. I do know exactly what you are going thru but I will love to be that much closer to MBL by Christmas/New Year :grin:. I will more than likely use all my three passes... :yep:

LOL at the bolded, I know exactly what u mean. :lachen: I'm breaking my neck trying to see if my wet hair has grown any! :grin:

Um....is it bad that I just updated my album? :look:

Your hair is so thick and pretty. :yep:

I couldn't take it anymore I relaxed after 23 wks of stretching. I lost about an inch to damaged ends I had gotten lazy w/ my regimen. I'm not going to update the fotki until the end of this challenge. So I've already put it back in hiding.

Thanks ladies for the sweet comments. I just wish my hair were longer...but dont we all. LOL!

How are we doing ladies???? Are we still hiding or have some of us fallen off the bandwagon. :spank: Be honest!!!!!!! :pinocchio

i'm in,

though i am a month late...but i think this is just what i need, i'm gonna do a lil research...i do french roll alot with sideswept bangs, that's okay, huh?

thanks guys, this is what i need...

Thanks ladies for the sweet comments. I just wish my hair were longer...but dont we all. LOL!

How are we doing ladies???? Are we still hiding or have some of us fallen off the bandwagon. :spank: Be honest!!!!!!! :pinocchio

I have been wearing either buns or wet sets (down). I am wearing a wet set with my hair down today and will do so tomorrow. Wed I will bun it back up. I did wear a wash n go on Sunday but my hair curled up a little. I haven't worn a straight down style and won't until I get it relaxed in November. I am probably in buns at least 4 -5 days every week (on average).

I've been good, I've been hiding my hair but I am so tempted to try a rollerset / flat iron on my natural hair but I keep remembering I am on this challenge....so I haven't yet. :think: I better stay out of those rollersets for naturals threads :angeldevi

still hiding it.

the colder months are coming around.

fall is officially here

and the protective styles and dcs are definitely in full gear.

I have been doing good with this challenge. I am still wearing my hair covered in a scarf and only take it off to allow my hair to breathe before bed.

I'm doing really good, and see growth! :grin: I'm just debating if I should cut my hair in about a year from now because my colored treated ends are looking really bad because they are badly damage from repeated color when I was natural, protein, and always wearing my hair out. I don't believe in monthy trims. Only once a year trims/cuts. I will be using a pass for an upcomming wedding next month.

I'm doing good, been wearing a wig. I think the people at work prefer it to my real hair, the compliments haven't stopped since I started wearing it. Crazy.

Oh i didn't know we were supposed to check in lol still been wearing my doorag and cap everyday people at work are like hmmm i wonder if she has any hair under there they always cracking hair jokes now that i dont show it.

I'm still in my sew-in. I have been doing it myself so saves me $$$...and I love the fact I can change styles often and keep up with my regimens.

I'm still in my weave. I'm getting it taken down this Friday. I'll be wearing half wigs until I get my weave sewn back in.

Back