HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15-DEC 31 2008

FALL HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE AUG 15TH-DEC 31ST 2008

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmmmm...my hair is freshly done so I will be wearing it straight for at least 3 more days. After that I'd like to do a wet set for the first day of school, so I will start in September. I will need all 3 of my passes because I have an event in September, I get a relaxer TU in November and a color TU in December. :yep:

I am soo in! Sign me up please :grin:!

That's a pretty PS you have in your siggy. :yep:

Ok, can you guys post more tips on PSing?

I'm gonna do a lot of wet buns, as well as french rolls with the curly ends out, but I need more ideas. Is a pony with the length all the way out a good HYH style? I'll probably wet set every couple weeks and just pin my hair up too. I'm trying to make BSL by December 08 so I really just need to stop looking at my hair every day, wishing it would grow. :rolleyes:

New Challengers, you have been added. I PMed the list to TLC and she will probably add you guys to her OP as soon as she logs in.

Ok, I've changed my mind about this one. Pls remove me from the list if I've already been added. Good Luck Ladies!!! Can't wait to see your reveals... I'll be watching :curtain:

WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep:

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {family,friends, co-workers, DH(SO)}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki
End of challenge show before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
Oneya
Sassyb4Classy
ayoung
joib
ayjacks
sistas4longhair
lexi84
likewtr4chklit
wannabelong
song_of_serenity
than
charmtreese
moonglowdiva
naturalepiphany
shalilac
nikamya
plummy7734
tishee
missnurselady

OH WOW!!!! I'M IN...I'M IN...I STILL DO THIS 24/7. HYH CHALLENGES RULE!!!!!!

Last edited:
I wanna join, but I'm getting a touch-up end of this month, so I can do it from September till December, is that still okay?

NEW CHALLENGERS ADDED :woohoo:

WOW, I haven't seen a thread to begin a HIDE YOUR HAIR CHALLENGE :blush:
Is anyone is up to start today August 15, 2008 until December 31, 2008?

If so, I need someone to co-manage the challenge b/c I will be a little busy this fall and may need a co-captain. :yep:

RULES:
Keep hair hidden from everyone {family,friends, co-workers, DH(SO)}
Wear protective styles that hide hair length
No more than 3 passes that show your length
DO NOT upload new pictures to your fotki
End of challenge show before and after photo

CHALLENGERS:
TLC1020
yodie
Oneya
trinistar
Sassyb4Classy
Christa438
sistas4longhair
ayoung
SparkleDoll
joib
runrunrunner
ayjacks
explosiva9
sistas4longhair
luscious850
lexi84
myronnie
likewtr4chklit
tallglass200
wannabelong
nixx
song_of_serenity
moustacy
than
quasimodi
charmtreese
redd
moonglowdiva
HighlyFavored8
naturalepiphany
evsbaby
shalilac
DDtexlaxed
nikamya
monamia
plummy7734
vesteluv1
tishee
Miss Tress
missnurselady
special k
nikkipoo
browney3z
growninghair
jamila75
NinasLongAmbition
MissTical
tsmith
GodsGrace

I'm down I just did a length check yesturday but haven't uploaded in my fotki yet so that can be my start pic. I luv hiding ur hair challenges

I'm willing to hide whether it be with sew-ins or kinky twist. I'm hoping for full SL by the end of this challenge.

Count me in! My dad thinks this hiding my hair thing is the bomb because of the growth I have retained since the BC back in December. Now if my dad thinks it a good idea then I know I'm on to something.

Please count AtlantaJJ in this challenge!

I'm in! I just started the OCT/MT challenge, and with school starting next week I won't feel like figuring out what to do with my hair everyday. I'll probably be weaving!

I have one ponytail current picture that I just posted yesterday on my fotki. I will not post anymore pictures until the end of this year. I will get a relaxer on sept 1 (12 weeks post), and not get another one until December.

Count me in! I was planning to bun it to the end of Nov anyway so I'll just extend it one more month. Hopefully the extra month will get me to my SL goal by 12/31.

How are we doing with our challenge ladies? Please let us know if you're still sticking to it!!! :drunk:

I clicked yes before I read the rules... My hair is too short to hide, I cant fit it all into a pony and dont wear weaves. :sad:

Yea so good luck to everyone else lol

I have been bunning and french rolling most of the time. One night I took my bun out and wore my hair down with the waves created from the bun. My hair was still wet so with shrinkage it didn't show the full length. I wonder if wng's are an acceptable HYH style for that reason. :scratchch

Tomorrow I will loosely wet set and wear it down and curly for the first day of school, but after that I will be wearing my wet sets pinned up or maintaining a wet bun with cwing. :yep:

Things are going good. I have been baggying under my scarves at night and throughout the day. I am just trying to find the right staple products for my hair and all will be great.

not only will i be wearing my hair in twists,
my ends will always be out of sight (clipped, pinned, rolled, etc).

the only time my ends will be out is on wash days.

i'm hoping to retain more length this way.

and hopefully i can find some cute/fun/interesting styles to help me switch it up when i re-do my hair.

I'm in! In fact I am even hiding it from myself. I believe I will be able to see real progress if I stop watching it. I've got cornrows in my hair now and will keep them in for 2 - 3 weeks. The 3rd or 4th week I will removed, DC and wear a bun and the 4th or 5th week I will get the cornrown again. I plan on doing this rotation until May 2009!

Last edited:
Back