HELP!!! Does your SO/FH/DH snore???

ElegantPearl17

I have been dating a wonderful guy for the past month. He has FH potential, but recently I found out that he snores!! :sad: OMG!! I know that I snore occasionally when I am extremly tired, but not like him. It is the worst. I swear he could wake up the dead.

Does anyone have a SO/FH/DH that snores? If so, how do you sleep at night or get any rest? Is there any way to cope with this without going insane? :spinning:

Also, if you are the snorer in the relationship, how does your mate cope with you?

I tune it out. Dh doesn't start to snore until he is in a deep sleep. I usually don't hear it unless I wake up in the middle of the night.

LOL, great question! Thankfully, none of my exes were snorers, BUT this guy I was kicking it with was and it was so bad that I kicked him out of his own bed! I'm a light sleeper generally and I couldn't go back to sleep with his snoring. It's sooo aggravating!

I guess if I were in a long-term rlp, I'd make sure he was willing to try EVERYTHING so we could both be happy. Have you addressed it with him? If so, is he willing to try whatever it takes?

@snilloh Are you a heavy sleeper? I am a light sleeper so I would probably not be able to fall asleep the entire night :ohwell:

I think I am now. I honestly believe that is because I just adapted to my circumstances, and I have been married for 14yrs, so I HAD to adapt! :lol: I wish I had ideas, or something to offer, but I fall asleep before dh starts snoring.

Does your guy have a certain side that he sleeps better on? I know when my dh starts to get loud with it, I have to roll him on his right side ( and dh is a big guy, so just imagine!). When I do that, he gets quiet just long enough for me to fall asleep.

Getting him to turn at least his head helps... I will tickle his necks and lightly poke to get them to turn over... at least out of my ear

Yes I live with a snorer! There is no surefire way to deal with the snoring. It's something you get used to.

^^^You really do get used to it if you can't make it go away. DH is a snorer. After years of suffering, we got new pillows and a new mattress and he stopped snoring! Sometimes you can find the root of the problem.

Aren't there products that help with snoring? If he's open to using them i'd suggest those to him. I'd hate to see you two split over something like this:yep:

LOL, great question! Thankfully, none of my exes were snorers, BUT this guy I was kicking it with was and it was so bad that I kicked him out of his own bed! I'm a light sleeper generally and I couldn't go back to sleep with his snoring. It's sooo aggravating!

I guess if I were in a long-term rlp, I'd make sure he was willing to try EVERYTHING so we could both be happy. Have you addressed it with him? I have not addressed it yet..I think it's too soon!! If so, is he willing to try whatever it takes? I will have to see what he says when the time comes

Responses are above

My husband snores VERY loudly. The only thing that helped save him from sleeping in another room was my decision to try earplugs. Not only do I have the BEST sleep but I no longer have to kick my husband ALL night long. I sleep so peacfully at night.

Punch him :look:

But i'm a heavy sleeper, and I tune things out easily. Just don't get caught snuggling up when he falls into a deep sleep :nono:

Punch him :look:

But i'm a heavy sleeper, and I tune things out easily. Just don't get caught snuggling up when he falls into a deep sleep :nono:

God that came in soooooooo handy when I was mad at him. The first inkling of a snore and I was on him like white on rice. :lachen:

God that came in soooooooo handy when I was mad at him. The first inkling of a snore and I was on him like white on rice. :lachen:

The funny part is, as soon as I punched him he started laughing talmbout "yeah aight" :lol:

"yeah aight" my foot ninja....:look:

Between the snoring and him putting me on the edge of my own damn bed..whew chile :lol:

Is he slightly overweight? Or could possibly be suffering from sleep apnea?

My DH snored and I'm a very light sleeper and couldn't tune it out, and I need my sleep :nono:

He went to a sleep clinic that tests for sleep apnea and he had a mild case.

He sleeps with this mask nightly and it buffers the snores---no more snoring :)

I snore sometimes. One time it was soo loud I think he tapped me and was like "Damnnn Brittny" :blush:... I think if I'm really tired I snore loudly. Othertimes he says I'm quiet.

I snore sometimes. One time it was soo loud I think he tapped me and was like "Damnnn Brittny" :blush:... I think if I'm really tired I snore loudly. Othertimes he says I'm quiet.

Yeah, that's me. The first night I spent with my ex we had gone to have a beach day but I was really tired from work and school and everything before the day even began, so that night I woke up to him looking at me saying, "ok...yeah. Yeah you definitely got a little snore to you :look:"
:look:

The funny part is, as soon as I punched him he started laughing talmbout "yeah aight" :lol:

"yeah aight" my foot ninja....:look:

Between the snoring and him putting me on the edge of my own damn bed..whew chile :lol:

^^^This foolishness here has caused many a midnight melt down :spinning:. I can handle the snoring, I treat it like white noise. But I need room to stretch out and sleep :lachen:

Is he slightly overweight? yes! Or could possibly be suffering from sleep apnea? yes he does!!! :sad:

My DH snored and I'm a very light sleeper and couldn't tune it out, and I need my sleep :nono:

He went to a sleep clinic that tests for sleep apnea and he had a mild case.

He sleeps with this mask nightly and it buffers the snores---no more snoring :)[/QUOT

Honeycomb: responses are above

OMG! I was thinking about posting a thread about this. My FH says he snores when he is really tired. Whenever he stays over, I cannot even function the next day due to lack of sleep. Last night was the first night he has not snored. I now have hope. Prior to last night, I was thinking I can not live like this.

My fiance snors. I usually kick him and tel him to turn over or I just go to the other room. I sleep light and snoring does not mix with a light sleeper. He only snores when he is really tired or has gained a little weight, lol.

My ex snored very loudly.

I got some earplugs and they seemed to do the trick.

I just prayed that nothing happened during the night where I needed my hearing because I would be in a fix:)

I use earplugs and I put a pillow over my ear (the other ear is turned down to the mattress, I lie on the side).

It's a hassle... :nono:

Back