HELP!!! Does your SO/FH/DH snore???

He just lost 40 lbs and most of his snoring has gone away with the exception of when he's sleeping on his back, but it's nothing obnoxious.

BEFORE dropping the weight, his snoring could wake the dead! It drove me crazy and there was nothing i could do but put ear plugs which was very uncomfortable. Me being a light sleeper doesn't help.

Glad he lost the weight because i think eventually we would've ended up in seperate beds.

Is he slightly overweight? yes! Or could possibly be suffering from sleep apnea? yes he does!!! :sad:

@ElegantPearl17
I figured as much :yep: My DH is slightly overweight too, and that doesn't help.

I envy women that can tune it out, but I couldn't, and I'm one of those people that if I don't get a full night's sleep, I'm miserable. I was finally able to get DH to go get tested for sleep apnea and once he got that machine, it's been great. That machine works wonders, and it helps him get a good night's sleep too.

I feel for you girl.

My fiance and I are both snorers for different reasons.
He used to be a bad snorer but is getting better thanks to his weight loss. His sleep apnea also has decreased dramatically!
My snoring is caused by fatigue.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

My fiance and I are both snorers for different reasons.
He used to be a bad snorer but is getting better thanks to his weight loss. His sleep apnea also has decreased dramatically!
My snoring is caused by fatigue.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

I hope that if he loses some weight then maybe the snoring will decrease, but I not sure if this is the right time to approach the subject with him. We just started dating.. I may need to start a separate thread to get feedback on how much time should pass before I bring up the subject. :lol:

I used to date this guy that was a snorer...I used to pinch his nose until he woke up. :sekret: It gave me just enough time to fall asleep where I could tune it out.

My SO is not overweight, but I just know he has sleep apnea. He has to, the way he stops breathing here and there. He REFUSES to try things or get help. I think he's to proud, and he thinks it'll make him look weak. When he snores, it seems like the walls are gonna explode! I am CERTAIN that people can hear him OUTSIDE. It's B-A-D!!

I told him he just can't sleep at my house anymore, until he's willing to get some help. I NEED sleep, and i'm not allowing his ego to keep me awake.

Breath right strips have really helped DH. DH is skiiiiiny and does not have sleep apnea :nono: He suffers from year round allergies though :(

Ear plugs are my new best friends :nono:. I'm a moderately light sleeper and it takes me a while to fall asleep so he usually falls asleep before me. I used to kick him, hold his nose, turn him over, etc. Has not worked, he would literally turn over and keep snoring. So the earplugs are my last resort and even then there's some breakthrough noise. :ohwell:

SO does snore but it's not severe enough to interfere with my sleep. I also use a sound machine at night so I tend to focus on that.

Taymac the sound machine is a good idea. I used to shake my ex until he woke up lol. Or just shuffle around in the bed real hard if I wanted to be more subtle. :lol: He wasn't big but snored when tired or sleeping on his back.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

OMG, the new guy I'm interested in snores soooooooo badly. I wondered how women deal with this. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a deal breaker lol.

Co-signing on earplugs. I dated a guy that sounded like a Mack truck when he snored so I brought some with me any time I stayed over.

Does he sleep on his back? I read that you're more likely to snore if you do so maybe get him to sleep on his side or his stomach.

How do you guys sleep in earplugs? I tried but I could still hear his snoring....it's like it muffled yet amplified it at the same time, lol.

I sleep with a fan going and that helps but not fully. I just can't deal with snoring....after a while of not being able to sleep and just sitting there listening to that nonsense, lol, I can feel myself going into a rage inside.:nono:

If it comes to the point one day in the future where I have to go to another bedroom I will. I have to sleep at some point.

How do you guys sleep in earplugs? I tried but I could still hear his snoring....it's like it muffled yet amplified it at the same time, lol.

I sleep with a fan going and that helps but not fully. I just can't deal with snoring....after a while of not being able to sleep and just sitting there listening to that nonsense, lol, I can feel myself going into a rage inside.:nono:

If it comes to the point one day in the future where I have to go to another bedroom I will. I have to sleep at some point.

I am going to try the ear plugs..I am hoping it helps because I feel like I too will start to go into a rage if I can't get any SLEEP!!! :lachen:

The guy Im dating snores like a son of a gun..and he's a cuddlier..so not only does he snore but he has me gripped up while snoring in my ear...whew..But we are still in the lovey dovey phase so I cant bear to make him turn over....I already know that will get old quick..

Last edited:
Uhhhh, just tune it out. My SO and I both snore loud enough to wake up the dead and we laugh and tease each other about it. We have such a good relationship that this definitely isn't a deal breaker.

I have been in other relationships with men who do not snore and they always say, "Damn Meek, how does a noise that loud come from such a small woman?" and we laugh. I have been teased about it my entire life.

I remember a long time ago, I lived in an apartment building where my bedroom wall was connected to the neighbors bedroom wall and one day my neighbor (a CUTE brotha - I mean CUTE) was like, "Damn, yo man snore loud as hell, I can hear him through the wall at night!" - I was like, oh yeah... I know, he be keeping me up sometimes too (KNOWING the guy I was seeing at the time didn't even live with me AND didn't snore at all.) :lachen:

Don't sweat it though... If he does become your FH, he can always go to a doctor to have it corrected if it's that big of an issue.

Remember deal breakers are only things that are irreparable. HTH.

Last edited:
The guy Im dating snores like a son of a gun..and he's a cuddlier..so not only does he snore but he has me gripped up while snoring in my ear...whew..But we are still in the lovey dovey phase so I cant bear to make him turn over....I already know that will get old quick..

@ the bolded---yes it will :lol:

When I don't get enough sleep, not only do I get tired, but I feel nauseous/sick--it's terrible :nono:

I am going to try the ear plugs..I am hoping it helps because I feel like I too will start to go into a rage if I can't get any SLEEP!!! :lachen:
I don't know how they are putting them in but I can still hear snoring through those things....it's actually more annoying w/ the earplugs in.:lachen: And after a while I feel like my ears are burning because there's a foreign object inside, lol.

Back