Help! Dating Advice For Those That Are Not Physically Attractive

If supermodels are wearing makeup, I don't see why anyone else wouldn't feel they need a little.

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

Bc supermodels are going for a look and they are expected to have that look on all the time. Some supermodels do cocaine to stay then should we follow in their footsteps as well?

I know a Dh who talks down on women who wear make up. He says, " I wanna woman who can look good when she wakes up":rolleyes: I am sorry, there are plenty of women who wear makeup and plenty of women who do not wear makeup that look good or ugly when they wake up. Its a toss up:look:

Considering I think I look better with it on, then I have nothing to lose by wearing it. But to each its own.

I agree with Nonie, though. Confidence is key.:yep:

The average chick is doing herself a disservice going out barefaced. You are judged by how you look and you attract a different type of energy when you are well put together. If you don't believe me try this:

Go out 2 nights in a row to the same bar in the same outfit. One night barefaced and the next night fully made up. Then be bold enough to post the results here.

I look fine barefaced but enhancing my looks is a strategic move just like any other self improvement

Last edited:
The average chick is doing herself a disservice going out barefaced. You are judged by how you look and you attract a different type of energy when you are well put together. If you don't believe me try this:

Go out 2 nights in a row to the same bar in the same outfit. One night barefaced and the next night fully made up. Then be bold enough to post the results here.

And some of the makeup people are doing themselves a disservice, wrong color foundation, lipstick, eye shadow and blush.

You know why I rarely listen to the anti makeup brigade? Because they ALWAYS reveal that they have a certain feature (perfectly smooth skin, arched brows, long lashes) naturally and don't "need" makeup. That lets me know they'd wear it in a heartbeat if their natural features were average.:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

You know why I rarely listen to the anti makeup brigade? Because they ALWAYS reveal that they have a certain feature (perfectly smooth skin, arched brows, long lashes) naturally and don't "need" makeup. That lets me know they'd wear it in a heartbeat if their natural features were average.:rolleyes:

Don't have long eyelashes. Matter of fact they cross each other. Don't have perfect skin. I have marks in my face from acne and my skin tone is different tones. My forehead is darker than my cheeks etc. while my eyebrows already have an arch they stick straight up and one is shorter in length than the other one.

I go around barefaced most of the time, but only because I don't need makeup. That doesn't mean that I don't love makeup, and own two makeup cases worth of cosmetics...and buy makeup compulsively... Just that I feel totally comfortable bare faced. My facial skin is pretty great, and I keep my brows neat, so even bare faced I'm very satisfied with my appearance. I usually reserve full face for an event, or pictures...otherwise I just do lips. I think confidence is a woman's best accessory.

Don't have long eyelashes. Matter of fact they cross each other. Don't have perfect skin. I have marks in my face from acne and my skin tone is different tones. My forehead is darker than my cheeks etc. while my eyebrows already have an arch they stick straight up and one is shorter in length than the other one.

Well girl if you have all this going on, what do you have against wearing a little makeup? Wearing makeup isn't admitting that you're ugly underneath it :lol:

I know I look better with some makeup on like all women (except NOEchic :look:), but I'm too lazy to do it on a daily basis.

I really want to be more consistent with it, but with the 50-11 things on my mind and that require attention, IDGAF most days :ohwell:

I don't wear much even when I do put on some - eyeliner, mascara, some undereye concealer, lipstick/gloss. I want to learn how to do a full face, but again, I'm not that motivated.

Last edited:

I dont get that either because I have nice features and finally have nice skin thanks to my dermatologist, hell I even have "purty" eyes :rolleyes: but w/o makeup I still look regular/average like almost every other woman. And the average woman needs makeup.

Poor technique is just as bad as nothing.
:lol: Ehhh....I dunno.

Exhibit A:
Christina.jpg

Exhibit B:

aubrey-oday-celebrity-makeup-disaster.jpg

Last edited:
Well girl if you have all this going on, what do you have against wearing a little makeup? Wearing makeup isn't admitting that you're ugly underneath it :lol:

Bc EYE don't care for makeup. I dont have to have naturally smooth and pretty skin to not wear makeup. I'm good with not wearing it and am more confident and comfortable not wearing it. Not wearing makeup has never stopped me from pulling a dude, getting a job or promotion. It hasn't stopped me from living a productive and happy life. So why change that bc a handful of women who I don't know have something against me not wearing it lol. Ummm no. My dude is ok with me not wearing makeup. Trust me I would know if he took issue bc he would tell me, like he did about my natural hair. Which I still wear natural lol.

It's not just you. Very few women are fortunate enough to have eyebrows that look nice without some kind of maintenance. It is just appalling how many women walk around looking like this.

Bert1970.jpg
Not only that, filling them can help a lot too. If there's anything I do besides try and keep my skin as clear as possible, its my eyebrows.

A male friend once told me animatedly that he does not like it when women wear makeup and proceeded to tell me I look great with out it. I showed him a picture of my train case full of 10 years worth of makeup purchases, brushes, etc. He had no idea I was wearing anything besides lipstick. He was shocked that I told him what I had on my skin. Most people haven't a clue what they're talking about half the time when they get on their makeup rants.

ugly a$$ makeup but I still see the sex appeal.

I think a lot of men would hit this over the barefaced chick.

they'd marry the bare faced chick tho because they dont worry about losing her to another man
:roadrunner:
Why??? :lol:

Do men really do this? I'm kinda curious - like do they go for low-hanging fruit because the threat of competition (and a blow to their ego) is lower?

I go around barefaced most of the time, but only because I don't need makeup.

Bey doesnt need makeup yet she wears it often

Her facial skin is pretty damn flawless

I think it's weird when people thing those who wear makeup NEED it.

could just be some oof us just enjoy wearing it

Makeup is fun *shrugs*

Ok Im done for real. I aint letting yall suck me into this whirlwind again

ugly a$$ makeup but I still see the sex appeal.

I think a lot of men would hit this over the barefaced chick.

they'd marry the bare faced chick tho because they dont worry about losing her to another man :roadrunner:

Lol, that ain't all of us...I still get enough attention, and Dh knows it. :lol:

Im floored that those against makeup believe it is because "they don't need it".

I would say more, but I don't want to get banned.

Im floored that those against makeup believe it is because "they don't need it".

I would say more, but I don't want to get banned.

I'm floored that people can't be happy with what they got, but always have to "enhance" their beauty. I could say more about the "enhanced" beauty but like you I don't want to get banned.

Why??? :lol:

Do men really do this? I'm kinda curious - like do they go for low-hanging fruit because the threat of competition (and a blow to their ego) is lower?

yes. some, IME, a lot do.

I'll share a secret I discussed with my guy friends back in the day when I dated women: you never go after the baddest chick in the room unless you KNOW you can compete. Men are insecure. At least most men are. The ones that arent are supreme narcissists usually with big balls and pockets to match. Furthermore, nothing hurts the ego more than losing a chick to someone else. As follows, when it comes to gettin married, barefaced chicks have an advantage. It's not because they are better women or more quality either. :look:

One more secret about my own experience, my last gf was a femme. Low-key super chill chick barefaced, she started taking hints from me, wearing makeup and dressing up: I broke up with that b*sh :lachen: Mind you, that was my longest relationship to date. I knew who the initial prize was tho......at the same time, I'll keep it real, I *technically* cheated on her twice (although I feel only married people are qualified a cheating). Once with a better looked uber femme hetero chick and lastly with the ex-FH who had swag for days. :look:. For me I thought she was boring and her look didnt spark the libido. She was faithful tho, I dodnt have to worry about losing her or having to compete and she worshipped the ground i walked on <---yea folks can go ahead an crucify me, i dont care....

Last edited:
I'm floored that people can't be happy with what they got, but always have to "enhance" their beauty. I could say more about the "enhanced" beauty but like you I don't want to get banned.

anything you do to better yourself is enhancing. That can be said about makeup, or the clothes you choose to wear.

Let me guess... you go without make up and dress like a dude, and your man loves it right cause your beauty shines through it all. Ok. I got it now. :)

Back