Help! Dating Advice For Those That Are Not Physically Attractive

True Men don't notice makeup unless it's garish and loud. Men also say they "don't like makeup" then are fawning over the very same chicks who are 'made up'. I never have listened to a man that says "I don't like makeup". Oh Ok. :rolleyes::lol:

^^^ Same goes for "I hate weaves". :rolleyes:

yes and yes, one of my male classmates on my twitter feed does nothing but call himself putting down women who wear makeup and weave(ie. who is wearing their real hair, ugly girls need makeup) yet he idolizes a few female celebrities who are not shy to cosmetic enhancements, and I've also seen his ex :rolleyes: I always :lachen:when he goes on his little rants about it because its such a contradiction, and he wonders why he cant find a 'female'(his words).:nono::lol:

I don't think makeup is a necessity but dammit, it helps. I know several women who don't want to admit this. IMO wearing makeup is a part of being an adult woman. Would they not comb their hair before going to work? Go in with wrinkled clothes. Never. Why then do some women rail against a little makeup?

see that's what I always think. Like what grown woman is just running around barefaced? No matter how great your skin is, some makeup isn't bad.

see that's what I always think. Like what grown woman is just running around barefaced? No matter how great your skin is, some makeup isn't bad.

homely women.

I'm always saying that in the same manner that some women always try to look good and attractive, other women make it their mission to look ugly or plain.

Ugh, you would be shocked. I have a friend who works in a very professional (though creative) field and never wears even a stitch of makeup. I mean nothing. She went to a black tie event for professionals in her field and didn't wear any makeup. I was completely appalled......I am positive she was the only woman there who did not bother to put on any makeup. What woman does not know that formal=makeup??? She also dresses homely and sloppy but that is a whole 'nother issue.

Ugh, you would be shocked. I have a friend who works in a very professional (though creative) field and never wears even a stitch of makeup. I mean nothing. She went to a black tie event for professionals in her field and didn't wear any makeup. I was completely appalled......I am positive she was the only woman there who did not bother to put on any makeup. What woman does not know that formal=makeup??? She also dresses homely and sloppy but that is a whole 'nother issue.

:nono::nono:

Noooooo this thread is going to burst into flames :-(

We're about due for another makeup vs. no makeup spat lol.

i rather enjoy those-always great makeup tips. The last one i remember put me on nars concealer and i've been rocking it for 2 years now. So i'm readddy.... :look: lol

Sent from my phone-typos to be expected :)

homely women.

I'm always saying that in the same manner that some women always try to look good and attractive, other women make it their mission to look ugly or plain.

Then they say they can't find a man to date. Well I wonder why. It doesn't take much to improve your appearance. And if we know that most people are attracted by seeing you first...then why not put your best foot forward

Noooooo this thread is going to burst into flames :-(

It's a forum, for women. I don't get why the makeup/appearance issue is such an issue.

ETa: Do ya'll remember the Michelle Obama makeup thread:look: I would just like to say I've never seen her bouncing around like that since

Then they say they can't find a man to date. Well I wonder why. It doesn't take much to improve your appearance. And if we know that most people are attracted by seeing you first...then why not put your best foot forward

or complain about having low self-esteem or no confidence. put some lipgloss and mascara on and maybe you'd feel better.....

I'm genuinely confused as to why he (previously?) presumed dating "unnattractive" people (no comment on the make-up thing) was his burden to take on. He can sympathise but I don't think many mentally-sound people want to be dated out of pity or because someone feels it's their obligation to not be "that guy/girl".

We all exclude people from our dating pool for one reason or another. Likewise, I'm sure we've all been excluded (whether we're aware or not) from someone's dating pool for whatever reason. Whether right or wrong, that's the prerogative of any individual to do so.

or complain about having low self-esteem or no confidence. put some lipgloss and mascara on and maybe you'd feel better.....
For me - eyebrows (brush and pencil) + blush + some gloss goes a looooong way.

In 5 minutes, every woman can shine a bit better brighter. Why not?

:yep: I agree. I think many are confusing different colored eyeshadows and contouring make up with basic makeup.

It's not just you. Very few women are fortunate enough to have eyebrows that look nice without some kind of maintenance. It is just appalling how many women walk around looking like this.

Bert1970.jpg

I just did this exact routine to go to the grocery store. Why look a mess when it's so easy not to? And I'm sure a lot of women think "it's not that serious...it's just running errands :rolleyes:". But again, it's almost as easy to look cute as it is to look ugly. :lol:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

It's not just you. Very few women are fortunate enough to have eyebrows that look nice without some kind of maintenance. It is just appalling how many women walk around looking like this.

I don't arch my eyebrows, have a natural arch. Don't clean them up. I wear Chapstick and nothing else. If I want to feel special I wear nude lipgloss. :look:

I agree!! A woman should do whatever it takes for her to feel good about her appearance.

For me, it's eyebrows, concealer and lipstick and I'm out the door. A woman should have a quick and simple "go to" hairstyle when she's in a rush. (or in my case, a dependable wig. :lol:

As an adult.....have you ever tried a little make up before? mascara, powder, eyeliner? Anything?

If you have....what didn't you like about it?

I've tried it before I don't care for having to put it on and being careful not to rub it on something/someone. I don't care for it rubbing off my forehead onto my hat. Not being able to touch my face or rub my eyes. Having to reapply. Having to buy and then when the color is discontinued finding another color. Packing it making sure I have everything.

I'm good. My man likes it.

ETA: and every man that I've been with likes it kanyeshrug

^^^ Good for you.

My whole stance on makeup is.."to each their own".
Some feel they don't need and some feel they do.
Some feel like all women should wear it and some just dgaf.
I'm one of those people that dgaf what people do to their face.
But for me..I like to wear make-up and feel that it enhances my natural beauty

^^^ Good for you.

My whole stance on makeup is.."to each their own".
Some feel they don't need and some feel they do.
Some feel like all women should wear it and some just dgaf.
I'm one of those people that dgaf what people do to their face.
But for me..I like to wear make-up and feel that it enhances my natural beauty

I wish everyone was like that. I mean how you gonna call me less than a woman bc I don't care for makeup. Makeup ain't for everybody. If you want to wear makeup all day errday or every once in a whole or not at all, do you boo boo bc I'm going to do me.

If supermodels are wearing makeup, I don't see why anyone else wouldn't feel they need a little.

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

Back