He might be doing you but he's thinkin' about me.......

tatje

Remember that SWV or Mokenstef (not quite sure) song "He's mine?" And that's the way the song started out. I use to love that song not really listening to the words but just singing it. Now, I hear it and I'm like are you serious? Is this really how females think. Do you know someone who thinks that exact same way?

The lyrics:

He might be doing you
But he's thinkin about me,
So baby think about another lover
And go find another brother.
I know he's my man
He's all in my hands
If feels good when he calls my name
Don't you wish you had the same
Feeling discussed, working your stuff
Till he thinks about mine
Now he's feeling real high
You ask why
Cus' he's mine

Tell you something
That just ain't cool
Never fall in love with a man
Who don't love you
I wouldn't waste my time telling something wrong
Youv'e been with him one night
And now he's coming home

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may of had him once
But I got him all the time
(you can't sleep at night)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(don't try to dry your eyes)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(I got him all the time)

Went out on a date
Wasn't out too late
Took you to a room
And you gave it up too soon
Played you like a trick
Cus' you let him hit
Now he's comin home to a lover
That is strong
I got all his love baby don't try to take it
You wanted a piece, you were mistaken
Cus' he belongs to me
Baby can't you see

I tell you somethin that just ain't cool
Who don't love you
I wouldn't waste my time
Telling you something wrong
And now he's comin home

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(He's mine)
repeat (3x)

We don't have time
Playing these games
You had him once
But it's me on his mind
No need to cry
Go dry your eyes
Get over it
It was only for one night ohhh

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may have had him once
But I got him all the time ohhh
(He's mine)
Repeat (3X)

:lachen:
My friendgirl and I was listening to this in the car the other day.
I was like, when we was little, that song was the bomb, but now that you think about it, WTH???:perplexed

And to answer your questions, yes, ALOT of women feel this way. I know a couple of them:ohwell:

Yeah, when I was younger I used to be jammin to that song but just reading it made me cringe...urgh! I was sayin to myself and "You gonna open the door for him when he come back home (hell to da naw)...ewwwwww, I hope not cuz he got her germs on him :nono: :nono:!!! Unfortunately, a woman would gladly sing this song to another :wallbash:!

Yes that song is tragic. I do think that a lot of women feel that way. I think its their warped way of dealing with an unfaithful man :ohwell:

:lachen:
My friendgirl and I was listening to this in the car the other day.
I was like, when we was little, that song was the bomb, but now that you think about it, WTH???:perplexed

And to answer your questions, yes, ALOT of women feel this way. I know a couple of them:ohwell:

I know what you mean. I heard it on an old cd (of my many mix cds) and I was like "oh that's my song" until I started actually hearing what I was saying. I was like whoa!!!

For a lot of women to feel this way, does that mean they don't take the guy responsible for his own actions?

Remember that SWV or Mokenstef (not quite sure) song "He's mine?" And that's the way the song started out. I use to love that song not really listening to the words but just singing it. Now, I hear it and I'm like are you serious? Is this really how females think. Do you know someone who thinks that exact same way?

The lyrics:

He might be doing you
But he's thinkin about me,
So baby think about another lover
And go find another brother.
I know he's my man
He's all in my hands
If feels good when he calls my name
Don't you wish you had the same
Feeling discussed, working your stuff
Till he thinks about mine
Now he's feeling real high
You ask why
Cus' he's mine

Tell you something
That just ain't cool
Who don't love you
I wouldn't waste my time telling something wrong
And now he's coming home

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(you can't sleep at night)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(don't try to dry your eyes)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(I got him all the time)

Went out on a date
Wasn't out too late
Took you to a room
And you gave it up too soon
Played you like a trick
Cus' you let him hit
Now he's comin home to a lover
That is strong
I got all his love baby don't try to take it
You wanted a piece, you were mistaken
Cus' he belongs to me
Baby can't you see

I tell you somethin that just ain't cool
Who don't love you
I wouldn't waste my time
Telling you something wrong
And now he's comin home

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may of had him once
(He's mine)
repeat (3x)

We don't have time
Playing these games
You had him once
But it's me on his mind
No need to cry
Go dry your eyes
Get over it
It was only for one night ohhh

(Chorus)
He's mine
You may have had him once
But I got him all the time ohhh
(He's mine)
Repeat (3X)

LMAO I had that CD back in the day wow Mokenstef and then played beat dat ****** with a bat. Okay let me stop. Let me find out about him creeping around, I'll be whipping up a nice hot batch of grits for his ***.

I know what you mean. I heard it on an old cd (of my many mix cds) and I was like "oh that's my song" until I started actually hearing what I was saying. I was like whoa!!!

For a lot of women to feel this way, does that mean they don't take the guy responsible for his own actions?

I don't think they even think that way. I posted a story about a few of my adult grad. school classmates who have been married for over 25 years to the same men. These women encouraged their husbands to cheat because they didn't want to put up with the sex part of the relationship. So in the minds of women who let their partners cheat, for whatever reason, it is who the men come home to that matters. Many of them write off cheating as something a man is going to do anyway.

I don't know:grin:.....
I think alot of women look at it like it is another woman fault anyway for being with an involved man, but to me, the man is supposed to be my man, I am not concerned about her, I am concerned about him disrespecting me, you know?

What alot of chicks need to realize is that if a man really loves and care about you and holds deep respect for you, he will not go elsewhere. I buy into it is the other woman fault only half of the time. He may be telling her he not with someone or he don't love you or something like that. Women fall for words instead of action alot of the time.

I would feel really stupid if " you may have had him once, but I have him all the time":sad:...like, what good is that, I don't want no sloppy used goods.:lachen:

Yes, they think that. I know a woman sleeping with a married man and she thinks that. He thinking about whom ever he's with. Being the cooch of the day is NOT a good thing.

I don't think they even think that way. I posted a story about a few of my adult grad. school classmates who have been married for over 25 years to the same men. These women encouraged their husbands to cheat because they didn't want to put up with the sex part of the relationship. So in the minds of women who let their partners cheat, for whatever reason, it is who the men come home to that matters. Many of them write off cheating as something a man is going to do anyway.

Interesting and odd. So why did they marry them? They could do all they want to do without getting married right? So, what is there point in being with a guy who can't give them all of them? Do those women cheat as well? Or are they faithful?

Sorry, just full of questions?

I don't know:grin:.....
I think alot of women look at it like it is another woman fault anyway for being with an involved man, but to me, the man is supposed to be my man, I am not concerned about her, I am concerned about him disrespecting me, you know?

What alot of chicks need to realize is that if a man really loves and care about you and holds deep respect for you, he will not go elsewhere. I buy into it is the other woman fault only half of the time. He may be telling her he not with someone or he don't love you or something like that. Women fall for words instead of action alot of the time.

I would feel really stupid if " you may have had him once, but I have him all the time":sad:...like, what good is that, I don't want no sloppy used goods.:lachen:

Wow, this is so true. Not that I'm exempt from that. I remember in a relationship long ago, whenever I would talk to my ex and he would say all these wonderful things (it was like a little high, he would pump up my head) to me at night (when my head was gone) and the next day, it was like empty promises sometimes.

Yes, they think that. I know a woman sleeping with a married man and she thinks that. He thinking about whom ever he's with. Being the cooch of the day is NOT a good thing.

:lachen: D, you know you keep me in stitches, right?:lachen:

Wow, this is so true. Not that I'm exempt from that. I remember in a relationship long ago, whenever I would talk to my ex and he would say all these wonderful things (it was like a little high, he would pump up my head) to me at night (when my head was gone) and in the morning it was like empty promises sometimes.

Exactly. I been there, too.:nono:
It is like, you know the more I have seen and experienced, I know what I will and will not accept. I don't buy into dreams and promises. I go off of action. And that is me. Alot of people can be in relationships where they are o.k. with their SO being a whoremongerer, or open relationship or whatever you want to call it, as long as they "come home at night" but I am not one of them. I take commitment very seriously and I can honestly say what I won't do and hold to that, and I expect the person I am with to be the same way. If that is to hard for you, you need to find someone who is into you being "open":nono:, and leave me out of the madness:ohwell:

:lachen: D, you know you keep me in stitches, right?:lachen:

I wonder about these type women. This woman says "I got a man" and I'm thinking he's not yours, he has a wife that doen't work and he's taking care of her. You're work with you're dumb a$$ and giving him money to help him take care of his wife.:perplexed:perplexed He can't help you with nothing, you have to borrow from your family and friend to pay your bills because youre paying for the rotten penis. You couldn't pay me to even get close to it. But I guess as long as he's laying that pipe, that's alright.:perplexed

I wonder about these type women. This woman says "I got a man" and I'm thinking he's not yours, he has a wife that doen't work and he's taking care of her. You're work with you're dumb a$$ and giving him money to help him take care of his wife.:perplexed:perplexed He can't help you with nothing, you have to borrow from your family and friend to pay your bills because youre paying for the rotten penis. You couldn't pay me to even get close to it. But I guess as long as he's laying that pipe, that's alright.:perplexed

O-M-G...:giggle: rotten pipe is no good for ANYONE, it will mess your plumbing all up and you will have to get someone to come in and lay some new pipe:nono:, You a mess D, :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Its funny when you finally clue into the meaning behind a song's lyrics. I remember when I finally understood what dude was singing about in "Me and Mrs. Jones".

Its funny when you finally clue into the meaning behind a song's lyrics. I remember when I finally understood what dude was singing about in "Me and Mrs. Jones".

I wonder if whoever sang the song (Mokenstef or SWV) really meant what they were singing and if they wrote those words. When Alicia Keys writes her songs, I sort of feel comfortable knowing I'm not going to be singing a song about it being okay for my man to creep. Who knows?

I guess that is why they say children don't know what they are singing. I'm 25 and just realized what I was singing to. :ohwell:

Either way I just never met a female who thought like that and wondered if there were truly females thinking like that.

I wonder if whoever sang the song (Mokenstef or SWV) really meant what they were singing and if they wrote those words. When Alicia Keys writes her songs, I sort of feel comfortable knowing I'm not going to be singing a song about it being okay for my man to creep. Who knows?

I guess that is why they say children don't know what they are singing. I'm 25 and just realized what I was singing to. :ohwell:

Either way I just never met a female who thought like that and wondered if there were truly females thinking like that.

Yes, their out there. Their the ones that think that having a piece of the man is better than no man at all. Most times they're only getting the penis.

Yes, their out there. Their the ones that think that having a piece of the man is better than no man at all. Most times they're only getting the penis.

Hey D,

Do you think that's a learned behavior (like learning from woman in the family and friends)? Do you think people grow out of that or there still can be at that mentality at 55?

I believe it's learned like with everything else. I know women in their 50's, 60's, 70's that think like this.

One lady in her 70's told me when I got married that I'll have to accept that all men cheat. I told her that I can't say what my husband will do but I can say that I'll divorce him if he does cheat. She thought/thinks I'm stupid.

She's been married many many years and her husband cheated on her for the first 40 years, now he's faithful but he can't get it up. Now tell me, what could he have ever done for me. Not a damm thing.

Reminds me of that song by the S.O.S. Band "Just Be Good To Me". I use to love them to pieces !!

You may have many others
But I know when you’re with me
You are all mine
Friends always seem to listen
To the bad things that you do
You never do them to me [Ooh...ooh...ooh...]

People always talkin’ ‘bout
Your reputation
I don’t care about your other girls
Just be good to me [Ooh...ooh...ooh...]

Friends are always tellin’ me
You’re a user
I don’t care what you do to them
Just be good to me

Interesting and odd. So why did they marry them? They could do all they want to do without getting married right? So, what is there point in being with a guy who can't give them all of them? Do those women cheat as well? Or are they faithful?

Sorry, just full of questions?

Yeah it was an interesting discussion and we stopped having class for like an hour to question these women.

They had no interest in sex or sex with their husbands. One woman had cheated and had a child (who is now 24) with another man, but passed it off as her husband's baby until last year when she told her family about the fling. The other woman was taught sex was something dirty women did and something that only wives did to get pregnant. :ohwell: I'm beginning to forget all the details and there were other younger women in their 40s who believed in passing off sex as the "other woman's" job.... But I remember the older woman who thought sex was for dirty women saying she didn't have sex with her husband on their honeymoon either.

Last edited:
I remember that song. I like the beat and the rythym (sp?) but I cant stand the lyrics. No woman should just be satisified by being the main one. what if he brings something home to you?

Hey D,

Do you think that's a learned behavior (like learning from woman in the family and friends)? Do you think people grow out of that or there still can be at that mentality at 55?

Not D but I vote yes. If you've grown up in a family that is ok with these situations, its more "familiar" and therefore ok for you to walk that same path. If my mom, my grandma, various aunts and cousins are all "other women".. why shouldn't I be too?

But I can't say that's the reason for the rates of infidelity we see today. If you spend 20 mins at any number of random Infidelity Support sites/boards on the web you'll get a true cross-example of the people involved.

...this part right here really annoys me....like the man is some ultimate gift and she is a raggedy peasant hunchback who should count her blessings that she was the one picked to wash his nasty drawls! WHATEVER!

She's been married many many years and her husband cheated on her for the first 40 years, now he's faithful but he can't get it up. Now tell me, what could he have ever done for me. Not a damm thing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And I bet she feels like the LUCKIEST WOMAN in the WORLD!!!!!

Back