ENGAGED!!!

congrats!!!! I LOVE onyx! To answer your question.. i'm not engaged yet but i won't be getting a diamond either. My SO knows it's a colored precious or semi precious stone for me!!! (leaning towards spessartite garnet ) :)
Followed by black titanium wedding bands lol

congrats!!!! I LOVE onyx! To answer your question.. i'm not engaged yet but i won't be getting a diamond either. My SO knows it's a colored precious or semi precious stone for me!!! (leaning towards spessartite garnet ) :)
AWESOME! I love the fact that it's so "different" and not like the rest. I had a few "??" looks because it wasn't a diamond, but I love it! :D

I forgot to mention that you should register at www.chocolatebrides.com ...It's a forum of sisterly love and soooo many wedding ideas. I was able to have a simple but elegant wedding with the help of this forum. And, we didn't break the bank, I lot of things I did myself with the help of my sisters at Chocolate Brides. Check it out and let me know what you think. You think you be on LHCF all of the time, you will definitely be on Chocolate Brides as well!
Thank you SO much. Lord knows we need all the help we can get. Thank you so very much!! *bookmarks*
~*Janelle~*

After learning about the diamond trade, and what the european diamond miners did to Africa...he knows no diamonds for this girl. I'm not a hippie but I think your fiance' is spot on.

I got engaged today! :D We've been talking about it for a while, but today, he came by...he called me over to sit next to him and said "I have the most wonderful thing that you've ever seen. There's only one of it." And I said "Huh?"
He got down on one knee. Whipped out a ring and asked "Will you marry me?"
I was just laughing at him like "You're so not serious!"
...then I said YES! Just wanted to share the news with you ladies.
...I didn't get a diamond. I got an onyx stone. It's very different but the meaning behind the stone makes me happy. :D

Just wondering. Did anyone else get an engagement ring that wasn't diamond? Curious!!
Happy, happy!!
~*Janelle~*

Congrats big time!
And congrats on a non-diamond engagement ring. That's the way I will probably go. We're exploring moisannite or another precious stone. But I don't think I want a huge diamond because of the $ and ethical issues with diamonds.

Sounds good to me! I'm all for being non-traditional. Sometimes I think we're "brainwashed" into buying certain things without thinking outside the box.
So I applaud you both!

I'm happy for those who made the choice not to get diamonds. And those who have them and will get them, awesome to you, too! If possible look into the source of them (though people will lie it does give you a piece of mind)

A family member, before we got engaged and discussed stones was like "GIRL, HE BETTA GET YOU A DAH-MOND. NUH UH, AIN'T NO ENGAGEMENT WITHOUT A DAH-MOND." Lol. The more I look at it the more I love it. A diamond would have made me happy as well. The fact that they want to spend their life with you is all that matters. I think people do put a high value the material aspect but I'd be happy with foil paper knowing this man loved me.
...ok, not really but you know what I mean. lol
~*Janelle~*

Back