Have you found your RIDE OR DIE wig??

pink219

My ride or die wig is "Sophia Girl" by Freetress - I have multiples of her in colors 1b, 2, and 1b/33. It's cheap (no more than $20 and the older it gets, the better). It's perfect for work or partying and any other occasion.

I have lots of other wigs, but this is my absolute favorite. I am looking for another wig to have in my regular/everyday rotation.

Have you found a wig that you absolutely love and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

I'd have to say my mommy wig is a ryda! (lol)

I love it so much and they last a long time for a short wig ( i buy the human hair ones). I always get sooo many compliments when i wear it and it take NO time to style it.

I will always keep a mommy wig on deck. period.

Yes, I love my wig Rachael. It's so comfortable, and yes the more used it is the better it looks. It was only like $20, so I had to get a back up in it just in case it is ever discontinued or it falls apart. I still love adding to my wig collection for fun and to change up my look.

Last edited:
I have to say Freetress - Vanilla girl. I wore that style my entire 1st yr of law school and I'm still in love with it.

Modu michelle is my fav & my go to wig. It looks natural and there is no blending involved. Its professional, classy but still sexy. All around perfect to me as long as its 1b. I have a few of then in the stash.

I did. But It requires too much care... Constant flat ironing and it's life is too short for the price. But I get so much compliments with it.

I had SO MANY hideous wig experiences until I stumbled upon Freestress - Sonya - Pic HERE. Best $40 ever spent!

I didn't like the way it fell in my face so I blowdried it a little bit until it looked like a bob. It looks fantastic and the longer I wear it, the better it looks. I'm going to buy 3 more and that's all I'll wear for 2012. :yep:

I had SO MANY hideous wig experiences until I stumbled upon Freestress - Sonya - Pic HERE. Best $40 ever spent!

I didn't like the way it fell in my face so I blowdried it a little bit until it looked like a bob. It looks fantastic and the longer I wear it, the better it looks. I'm going to buy 3 more and that's all I'll wear for 2012. :yep:

:yep:This is the wig that I am wearing today. I do like it. I don't care for the way it falls on my face either. I also cut the bangs so the side swoop would stay out of my face. I just began wearing wigs so I am still searching.

Mine is Mariah by Freetress. This is the first wig I've worn in a long time, but let me tell you, she brings ALL the boys to the yard! :grin:Especially the 33/32/240 mix! I also have it in a #2 (work) and F427. I am definitely getting more. I have never been hit on/ complemented so much in my life! I even had a yt guy who was staring at me in BK come up to me and tell me how beautiful I am.

Attachments

• imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg
    imagejpeg952_2-1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_20120109_174824.jpg
    IMG_20120109_174824.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:

That is very cute! I may just buy one! What's the texture of the hair, is it super silky?

ETA: Are you getting this from the BSS or have you found a good online retailer? Please share.

Last edited:
That is very cute! I may just buy one! What's the texture of the hair, is it super silky?

ETA: Are you getting this from the BSS or have you found a good online retailer? Please share.

I know you didn't ask me :lol:, but the hair is silky. Sonya and Mariah are made by the same company. It gets more "textured" feeling as you keep wearing it, at least mine did. When it got a little too knotty at the ends, a quick pass with a curling iron made it silky again.

I usually buy my wigs from Hair Sisters, but I have bought a few from NY Hair Mall and Black Hairspray. My experience is that the local BSS will charge twice as much as an online retailer, unless they're having a sale or something. You could also try ebay, but that's hit or miss. HTH

This is a great thread! I have a Tammy in the box and scared to take it out, but my ride or die I have 3 or four of them around ponytail is Sensationnel Instant Updo in U002.....So pretty I love how long it wears and it's cheap! I can baggie, bun moisturize under it and it's so full......

SENIDU002-2.jpg

i just bought a new wig. it's a wig cap Molly! i love her. she is the best wig i have ever owned. i need to buy more of her. she fits me perfect! she is short and tight (she is snuggle around my peanut head)

Prettylonghair

Tried to go see your wig but it says your site is hacked by blackjoker!?! :perplexed

I know that was so wrong but I clicked on the link and I couldn't help but bust out laughing. Not because she got hacked of course, but because I thought I was going to see a wig and then I see that face and hear the music. Oh my goodness too crazy!!

Back