Have you found your RIDE OR DIE wig??

i just bought a new wig. it's a wig cap Molly! i love her. she is the best wig i have ever owned. i need to buy more of her. she fits me perfect! she is short and tight (she is snuggle around my peanut head)

Can you post a pic or link, please?

That is very cute! I may just buy one! What's the texture of the hair, is it super silky?

ETA: Are you getting this from the BSS or have you found a good online retailer? Please share.

yes it's silky and plastic and below are steps I took to make it agree with me :lachen:

1. I stuck it on a wig head and sprinkled with a lot of powder then let the powder sit on it for 2 days. And then i dusted the powder out with a slightly damp towel.
  2. Afterwards, I put it on my head and blow dried it into a bob for about 5 minutes on low heat then I brushed vigorously with a brush for another 5 minutes.
  3. Afterwards I wet slightly with water, put it on a wig head and tied a bandana very tightly around it for 3 days.
After the above, it was no longer silky or plastic looking. I know it's a lot of work but I was DETERMINED to wear that wig. I have a picture on my camera from the day I started wearing it and about two weeks later but i'm on a trip. As soon as I get home, i'll put a pic on here. Sorry for the long story.

I bought it on ebonyline.com. I've had a lot of wig misses on there though. For instance, I bought this one - janet collection mara last year and it looked FABULOUS. I bought two more of the same after that. The first one had a cap that was too small and the second one had more hair on the left side than on the right side so I looked quite mad. After that, I gave up and ordered this one I'm wearing now. :yep:

Right now I have 2 ride or dies, I wasn't a serious wig wearer to about a month or so ago and went a lil crazy and I now have 8 of them :look: :lol:
But my 2 go to faves are, feathered Arah by It's a wig (in colour 2):

IMG-20120317-00095.jpg
IMG-20120317-00099.jpg
IMG-20120317-00101.jpg

And Vera by Beshe (in colour 4/27):

IMG-20120319-00125.jpg
IMG-20120319-00126.jpg

I think might repurchase Arah in a 4/27 for a lighter spring/summer colour :yep:

Last edited:
Tammy Half Wig and LaJay Half Wig. Love those wigs because they look like they could be my hair and look better the older they get. They also are really cheap.

Possibly... This one is so easy but the color is too dark. I cut it so that I could leave my bangs out at the hair line and it would blend right it. This is a glueless LF

IMAG1867-vi.jpg

SummerSolstice said:
Possibly... This one is so easy but the color is too dark. I cut it so that I could leave my bangs out at the hair line and it would blend right it. This is a glueless LF

It looks real!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Right now I have 2 ride or dies, I wasn't a serious wig wearer to about a month or so ago and went a lil crazy and I now have 8 of them :look: :lol:
But my 2 go to faves are, feathered Arah by It's a wig (in colour 2):

And Vera by Beshe (in colour 4/27):

IMG-20120319-00125.jpg
IMG-20120319-00126.jpg

I think might repurchase Arah in a 4/27 for a lighter fall/summer colour :yep:

I was looking for something exactly like this (preferably in a half wig), but this is gorgeous! I might have to buy it!

Haven't purchased it yet, but it might just be 'Creta Girl' by Freetress. That wig is the business!

...here are a couple pics I found:
images

images

RayRayFurious
If you want something similar in a half wig, you should try LaJay by Vanessa. The only reason I switched to a LF is so I wouldn't have to style my real hair every day to blend it since I'm trying a low manipulation/hide your hair regimen.

@RayRayFurious
If you want something similar in a half wig, you should try LaJay by Vanessa. The only reason I switched to a LF is so I wouldn't have to style my real hair every day to blend it since I'm trying a low manipulation/hide your hair regimen.

Thank you! I have LaJay, but I wanted something a little looser/longer for this case.

So far, I'm really loving these 3 wigs. I'm riding these until they die.:grin:
I'll be rotating these throughout the spring/summer:

itsfirstlady.jpg

It's a Wig Indian Remi-First Lady

Vanessa "Sona" wig

Outre "Tina"

Last edited:
hair4romheaven-

Um, I got sidetracked b/c Hairsisters didn't have it. I'm off to other sites to find it but I didn't leave without parting gifts. *blush*

I got these:
It's A Cap Weave - Molly (human) - $23
MOLLY_M.jpg

Outre Duby Pixie (human) - $20
WIG-PIXIE1_L.jpg

I had SO MANY hideous wig experiences until I stumbled upon Freestress - Sonya - Pic HERE. Best $40 ever spent!

I didn't like the way it fell in my face so I blowdried it a little bit until it looked like a bob. It looks fantastic and the longer I wear it, the better it looks. I'm going to buy 3 more and that's all I'll wear for 2012. :yep:

Cute!

My fav is the Sonya light yaki glueless lace wig from sassy secret been wearning her since Nov.

Last edited:
I've officially found my ride or die wig!!! It's from the Model Model Coctail Series: Berrytini. I absolutely LOVE it and get so many complements with it on. It complements my face very well IMO.

Don't know how to add attachments to my post on the phone, so here are pics.

Attachments

• IMAG2504.jpg
    IMAG2504.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 334
  • IMAG2505.jpg
    IMAG2505.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 303
OMG how exciting - I need to get geared up for the fall/winter and for those challenging hair days (Lord knows I've had some fails:lachen:). Thanks so much for the recommendations.

How do you get the lacefronts to lay flat? @msbettyboop - I'm definitely going to take the steps to make my existing wigs less shiny too.

ETA: oops another question - I try to work out a few times a week (emphasis on try) are you ladies rocking your wigs at the gym or doing something else? (hope this is not considered highjacking the thread:blush:)

Last edited:
This is one of my all time favorite half wigs: Super Mingo in Off Black.

I just do a simple braid out to blend my hair in with the wig. I also run my fingers through it to fluff it out once it's taken out of the bag. The bigger the better!

znew.jpg

zzz.jpg

znew-1.jpg

I just purchased a straight wig that I'm now obsessed with, but I threw out the bag with the name on it :ohwell:

The new model model 3/4 invisible part wigs. I got Yunessa in 1B. I cut the bang because its easier to blend my hair without it. I LOVE IT. Its been so hot but this wig is SOOOO light. Its also silky.

wufeu-yunessa.jpg

Back