Have you ever had a man claim...

MsKipani

Have you ever had a man claim that if he weren't married or with a girlfriend that he would have you? A while back my neighbor said this to me and I was stunned. More stunned by the fact that I know his wife and his two adorable children. I was praying that he was drunk, but I didn't know how to react. I was in my car getting ready to pull off and just ended the convo quickly after that. I could always tell that he had a little extra interest in me than neighborly friendliness.
Why do men think they can be so bold? Who says that I would want him? Anyone else experience this?

Have you ever had a man claim that if he weren't married or with a girlfriend that he would have you? A while back my neighbor said this to me and I was stunned. More stunned by the fact that I know his wife and his two adorable children. I was praying that he was drunk, but I didn't know how to react. I was in my car getting ready to pull off and just ended the convo quickly after that. I could always tell that he had a little extra interest in me than neighborly friendliness.
Why do men think they can be so bold? Who says that I would want him? Anyone else experience this?

Yep, and it always makes me extremely uncomfortable.:( Once you tell me that you can be sure I'll reduce any kind of contact we have to zero!

Yeah, it's very uncomfortable. He doesn't live on the block anymore but he's here all the time because his family lives next door and across the street...:ohwell:...Hard to avoid him

I would be having a Costanzia (sp) moment BIG-TIME getting ready for the next time I saw him. … puleese. If he values his family and reputation he would know by the next time I saw him not to come out at me like that again. Period. Don't run from him - you did nothing wrong. Make him run from you. Granted he caught you off guard the first time but honey by the second time you should be ready!

eta:
either way the contact you have with the guy should be reduced to zero. just don't feel ashamed nervous or scared about it is all I'm saying because you're not the one wrong.

I hate being so hard but I hate when people do this to young people.

Last edited:
Yep, and it always makes me extremely uncomfortable.:( Once you tell me that you can be sure I'll reduce any kind of contact we have to zero!

Yes, its happened too many times and the above is what always happens after they have voiced their sentiment. My thought on that is "what makes you think that I would want YOU" :sad: :nono: :ohwell:

Ugh, yes... I've had both guys and gals say this to me. It's extremely awkward because they tend to talk about how much they're unhappy in their current relationship, then throw in the little fact that they have a crush on me/would like to be with me... and it's like, "Uhh, what am I supposed to say?"

Awkwaaard...

Yes and I told him "what makes you think you could ever have me?" and kept it moving. I can't stand that ish. Q

Yes, I hate it when men do that, especially when they are a lot older:perplexed. When my family and I had to evacuate due to Hurricane Katrina, we stayed at a church in central LA with some other families. We were there for about three weeks. Well the last week we were there, this man, who was probably in his late 40s, came and sat by me and started talking to me. At first it was just a normal conversation, then he started telling me about all the problems he and his wife were having. He kept talking about how she didn't listen, she wasn't a good mother, and all kinds of other nonsense I wasn't trying to hear. Then he went on to say that I'm more his type, asking me how old I was, if I had a boyfriend... Then he said "If I wasn't married, I'd try to get with you.":perplexed:perplexed:perplexed I was thinking to myself, are you serious?!? We are in a CHURCH! Men can be so bold sometimes.:nono:

Yes, I hate it when men do that, especially when they are a lot older:perplexed. When my family and I had to evacuate due to Hurricane Katrina, we stayed at a church in central LA with some other families. We were there for about three weeks. Well the last week we were there, this man, who was probably in his late 40s, came and sat by me and started talking to me. At first it was just a normal conversation, then he started telling me about all the problems he and his wife were having. He kept talking about how she didn't listen, she wasn't a good mother, and all kinds of other nonsense I wasn't trying to hear. Then he went on to say that I'm more his type, asking me how old I was, if I had a boyfriend... Then he said "If I wasn't married, I'd try to get with you.":perplexed:perplexed:perplexed I was thinking to myself, are you serious?!? We are in a CHURCH! Men can be so bold sometimes.:nono:

Exactly. This is called fishing. First they toss the "If only I wasn't married..." line at you and then its followed up with the laundry list of how horrible his life is with his wife. She's the devil incarnate and if he'd ONLY met you before him.

They do it because they know that for every 5 attempts, one girl with ovaries bigger than her brain is going to fall for it. Think its flattering, and start nodding in agreement that "Yes! His wife is mean, ungrateful and downright foolish for not appreciating this gift of a man! He deserves better! Let me give it to him..."

Its in chapter one of "A$$holes Who Cheat and the Idiots Who Fall For Their Shyt"

Exactly. This is called fishing. First they toss the "If only I wasn't married..." line at you and then its followed up with the laundry list of how horrible his life is with his wife. She's the devil incarnate and if he'd ONLY met you before him.

They do it because they know that for every 5 attempts, one girl with ovaries bigger than her brain is going to fall for it. Think its flattering, and start nodding in agreement that "Yes! His wife is mean, ungrateful and downright foolish for not appreciating this gift of a man! He deserves better! Let me give it to him..."

Its in chapter one of "A$$holes Who Cheat and the Idiots Who Fall For Their Shyt"

You sound like you know the deal.
Why would someone feel they had a right to say this? So disrespectful. I agree the OP, the first time sure you are caught off guard. After that, it is just ammunition against them. Men who do this are pitiful and weak.

Yes, he was my first real "crush". Just TOO fine. I saw him at his dads' Memorial service earlier this year. He said, "We should have gotten married", right in front of my mother. I just sort of blew him off. But we really should have :look:

Yep. This coworker said something similar to me. He told me that he could have me on the side. I was shocked, dismayed, and disgusted all at the same time. I told him that that was not happening!:naughty::spank:

:yep: You hit the nail on the head.

Don't blame the men 100%. Blame the stupid women that fall for this crap. They wouldn't keep doing it if it didn't work on somebody!

Yeah, I had an older man with children my age, that kept coming to the bank I worked at, and insisted on coming to my teller window to entice me to being with his old behind. I kept saying I was a hard one but he would keep trying:nono: all the money in the world could not attract me to that.

Back