Has Your Goal Length Changed? Why?

Has Your Goal Length Changed?

• Yes, my goal length has changed (Please explain)

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No, my goal length has not changed (Please explain)

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I'm seriolusly thinking about changing (Please explain)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been in the WL challenge thread drooling over all the lovely lengths in htere to motivate me to at least try for waist length hair. But truth be told, I will be quite happy with full BSL hair bluntly cut - no layers.

At one point I wanted MBL hair but that may be too muh for me to handle also especially since I amno longer bone-straight relaxed anymore, but texlaxed. Texlaxed hair has a tendency to tangle a bit but fortunately I found that Aussie Moist Conditioner helps me to detangle it fairly easily in the shower.

I should be able to reach full BSL because I reached it by touching it before and that was when I was relaxed straight. Now that I'm not using any heat (except for DCing and steaming), I should be able to reach my full BSL goal within the next year. I need to stop the wash-n-goes for a while though(been wearing them 2-3 times a week - what can I say? I :love: my curls):grin:.

Full head wigs are my friends and I will go back to using them more going into next year.

At first it was BSL. But now it's WL. Just because I want to see if I can do it, and show it off. It'll be my own personal Mercedes....

Yes it changed. I wanted wl when first starting but now i think my goal has changed to mbl. I think wl hair might be too much to handle and would take a year longer to grow

Yes, it definitely has! I started wanting only WL hair now I want Tail bone length as I continue my transition to natural!

Ok...So, I have officially changed my goal length from HL to TBL because I am a tall girl with an average torso, but I think that TBL will suit me better. I'm BSL now and in my mind I'm thinking that my hair is longer than it's been in 10 years and they (my friends and family) say, "I mean your hair has been long..." :rolleyes: I believe that it's going to have to get to WL before people really acknowledge that my hair has grown :rolleyes:

The reason for my change of goal length to TBL is that I found a fotki that inspired me to hang on to my texlaxed ends throughout my transition. This way I can see my length and be extra careful with the ends. So far, I'm MBL! Where is WL.... :lol:

My goal has not changed, but my KNOWING that I can obtain it has. I've never been that person with long hair, it's always been "long enough" (an inch or so past my neck and I have a long neck). One day I started wearing half wigs and noticed my hair got a little longer than it's ever been. Of course at that time I stumbled across this board and saw beautiful heads of natural hair (I tried to go natural before in 2001, but quit once I started a new job). Long story short, I officially started transitioning 8 or 10/07, and now I am about arm pit length. I don't know what 6 inches longer will make me, but my goal is to grow 6 inches this year, and to be a layered waist length...that of course COULD change b/c I want my natural hair to have "length" to it when it's in a braid out, wash & go, etc.

I am currently hovering near APL and my ultimate goal is full APL all the way around.

I've been here 6 years and honestly don't think my hair will grow beyond that without being ultra thin:nono:

My goal length hasn't changed thus far. It's WL all the way baby! Praying once i finally get there i don't have hair anorexia.

Yeah my goal length has changed. My goal was to shoulder length, but since I already made there this year........well, I guess I will grow it until I get tired of it.

i started my hhj this year and my goal was to get to BSL, this has changed to MBl as my sister and I have been talking and she recently shaved her hair off and after me showing her the lovely heads of hair on her she said she is aiming for WL in 3/4 years and she said that I inspire her and once I get to WL she knows she will not be far behind. I was so chuffed and started thinking about WL but then decided that MBL would be long enough for me.

when I first joined I was aiming for tailbone length (I was natural APL then). After setbacks and texlaxing, I'm just now grazing BSL. I am transitioning and plan on doing the bc when my natural hair reaches APL stretched.

To make a longer story short, I've given up on TBL. If I can make it to MBL OR WL, I'll be fine with that. I'm just tired of APL since it's been my length for most of my journey. :sad:

I took NJOY's advice and the visualization of full APL has turned to my visualization of waist length. I find I treat my hair differently now and I know it will happen.

Thanks NJOY.

the longer my hair gets the longer my goal length gets. We'll see how WL is...shrunken lol. I want my shrunken hair BSL

Last edited:
i know that it will take a lot of length to get to SL unstretched, due to shrinkage, but i am just going to grow it and let nature do what it do! i am at SL stretched right now and it hasn't been a year yet.

Honestly, seeing so many progress threads with so much growth has really motivated me to want WL. Originally I was shooting for BSB but you all have shown me that any length I want is possible so I'm going for it! If WL is too much work or I don't like it, I can always cut.

Honestly, seeing so many progress threads with so much growth has really motivated me to want WL. Originally I was shooting for BSB but you all have shown me that any length I want is possible so I'm going for it! If WL is too much work or I don't like it, I can always cut.

That's the spirit!!!! Grow on to WL!!!

Back