Has Your Goal Length Changed? Why?

Has Your Goal Length Changed?

• Yes, my goal length has changed (Please explain)

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • No, my goal length has not changed (Please explain)

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I'm seriolusly thinking about changing (Please explain)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted MBL, but I'm just going to let it grow until it wants to stop. I got an easy method from Allandra, and it's already starting to work. I wonder how much hair I can grow. If it gets to be too much then I'll just cut it to a reasonable length.

When I first joined I thought APL was long and set that as my goal. I wasn't even sure I would reach it. I had never really cared for my hair on 100% hands on basis so that left room for doubt.

When I reached APL I thought to myself this isn't so hard! I can reach for longer lengths. Seeing so many relaxed heads at lengths I never thought possible like Macherieamour, Traycee, Tee really helped me believe it was possible.

My current short term goal is BSL and long term MBL. I don't want anything past MBL though. I may want longer hair and am confused on hair care, but I DO NOT enjoy doing my hair. Nope.

My goal length has changed frm MBL to BSL because I am so tall and my neck and torso so long that BSL on me looks VERYYYY long. And MBL is only 2 inches from BSL on me anyway.

Well at first I wanted MBL but I didn't know what the name for that length was called. I changed because WL was something I could define by a name, to me it had more of a clearer ending point, and I know for SURE my hair will be long if it's that length. At BSL/BSB and MBL I'm scared that my hair won't look long.

Yes. First my goal was APL, I have changed it to MBL. However, once I reach APL (should be by Feb), I will be taking a few months and hover ther and gradually cut off at most 3 inches to get my ends looking nice and then proceed from there.

As I slowly make my way to waistlength, I've been thinking about letting in grow to between waist and hip length. Just contemplating it.
ETA: I'm contemplating the change because it doesn't seem long to me right now and I would like for my hair to show some length when I wear it curly which is most of the time.

Last edited:
My original goal when I was relaxed was APL but then I decided to transition. My hair is now APL/BSL and feels so short because I never straighten it. My goal went from APL to BSL to MBL and now I think my goal is WL...

Yep, mine has changed. My goal was BSL and before I got there I started to think I'd rather reach MBL. Now that I am BSL--I think I want to keep it at this length. I'm loving this length, and it's just enough. I have thick hair, so it's a lot--not sure if I want it any longer. I want my hair to be something enjoyable--not more work.

At first I wanted my hair to be APL to BSL. Now that I am APL, and I see the lengths that is achievable for AA hair....I want to be MBL/ WL.

Last edited:
My original goal was APL, but now it is BSL. I changed it because I fullt believe I can reach BSL and maintain at this length, also I recently got a sew-in that's BSL and I'm in love with the length. I think anything longer will be too much for ME to maintain.

I thought I'd be thrilled to have APL. Now it seems short. I want BSL now! ...I'm sure that'll feel "short" to me once I reach it too.... :ohwell:

Yes and no. I still want waist length hair. However, the longer it gets the lazier I get. Some days I seriously contemplate big chopping again. I love low maintenance, but I also love the idea of my hair growing to a so-called unachievable length.

My goal has just recently changed. I originally wanted WL hair stretched. But now I think I would like to be hip length. At that point I will mostly likely keep my hair straight by blowdrying it monthly and flat ironing about twice a year. I'm not sure I will be able to handle my natural hair on a daily basis in it's natural state. But considering I only have about 5 inches now only time will tell

Right now my hair touches my pants pockets stretched.

When I found this board a few years ago my goal was to grow my hair to waist length. Well my hair surpassed waist length and grew to tailbone. Prior to that the longest my hair had ever been in my entire life was waist length during my teen years so I didn't even know my hair was able to grow that long.

I'd like to have classic, thigh, or even knee length hair now. I've never ever thought I would have hair that touches my butt like it does now. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my life and I wonder how long it's capable of growing. Knee length hair would be awesome though, lol, but I realize that's an uncommon length regardless of race.

Mine has! My initial goal was MBL - WL, but one day, I was messing around with a tape measure and photoshop, and realized that WL was not going to be enough hair. So now, I'm shooting for HL. I don't think I want to go any further than that though. I want long hair that I can still wear out fairly often without injuring or inconveniencing myself.

Great question OP. A recent setback (post partum shedding, overprocessing) means that I lost a few inches and I am now shooting for healthy SL again, as in my siggy.

when i first joined all i wanted was healthy hair. then i wanted full bsl, then i wanted bsl. now i want somewhere around tlb to classic. i highly doubt i'll go any further than that though

No. My goal hasn't ever changed.

I always wanted thick hip length hair. I will probably want it that way 'till I am a granny. But hopefully I will have it by then.

Am I the only one who changed their goal length to a shorter length? I orginally thought that I wanted WSL hair but after dealing with my natural hair at full APL I think I will be happy with full blunt thick BSL.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I've been at this for almost four years now and I'm just now full APL (with a minor setback) and I have also begun to doubt/question if/how long it would take me to reach WSL.

At first I wanted WL and then I started looking at how much hair I have and how much work it would be to maintain all this hair and also how I like to wear my hair so now I think I will be happy at full SL and if it grows longer I probably wont cut it but I will have reached my goal...who knows then maybe I'll set another goal.

I wanted MBL, but I'm just going to let it grow until it wants to stop. aI got an easy method from Allandr, and it's already starting to work. I wonder how much hair I can grow. If it gets to be too much then I'll just cut it to a reasonable length.

Whats the easy method?:grin:

In a way yes, because I honestly want tailbone length one day BUT I want to take it slow so I rather go by the lengths from shoulder length to apl, apl to bsl and so on. I feel baby steps will encourage me more.

I said my goal was MBL I have since changed it to WL, don't know if I will keep it that length :)

When I started I thought that APL was long but like someone else said after seeing how long everyone's hair can grow, I am seriously considering going longer than BSL.

When I started my hair journey I was a raggety neck length, I thought BSL was sooo long and pretty and it was my ultimate goal. Well now I'm grazing BSL (should be fully there by next relaxer) and it doesn't feel that long lol #fail.

My new goal is waist length. I never thought I would even want WAIST length hair (back then in 07 it seemed so extra because everyone wanted BSL) but now I really want waist length. Then I will maintain WL by trimming gradually to thicken up my ends

But the beauty of the hair journey is that it never really has to end. Who knows, maybe when I hit WL I'll shoot for hip length (seems too long for me). Or maybe I'll go natural and be satisfied with SL. Who knows

Back