Has anyone gone from BC to BSL; SL to WSL in 1 year or less? Please share tips!

Have You had megagrowth in one year or less?

• Yes and I'm loving it!

Votes: 39 10.6%
  • No, hasn't happened for me!

Votes: 329 89.4%

• Total voters
I don't mean to chuckle either but all these growth aids topical and vitamins you would think that one could go from BC to BSL in a year. When I first joined this board I was amazed like wow but really looking at it there is no magic potion. Patience and great hair care is key! :yep:

erm,... i doubt thats possible... no im going to say its not possible at all.... :perplexed

i did go from nothing to an inch past underarm and that took 19 whole months. so.. yea:ohwell:.... no bc to bsl in one year isnt going to happen.....

I definitely think you could BC and still make BSL by the end of the year. But I would think you'd at least have to be SL after you chop.

As for making WL in a year or less, I'm not too sure about that. I think Cichelle (sp?) went from curly SL to curly WL in a little under 2 years, though.​

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I mean, I've been on the board for a few years now, but it seems like some of these growth aids are really "working it" for some people. I need to know who's seeing exponential "increase" (as they say in church:lol:).

I guess if you can believe it, you really will RECEIVE IT!

alrighty.

4 of yall answered yes and i'm loving it? Where the pics, i wanna see dagnabbit!!!

Where ya at and spill the beans???!!! :grin:

<grumbles away whispering danged selfish heffas (thanks for dusting that word off bre-bre)...the nerve - holdin' out on folks trying to get their grown on and stuff..............................................</grumble-grumble>.

:lachen:

I would not BC based on the potential accuracy of this theory...

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::grin::grin::grin:

You ladies are a riot, I am going to get fired reading this thread.

No, I agree with most of you. It's just that you read people's posts, like "I got 10" in 2 months," and I can't help but thing "darn, what am I not doing"

I should have close to 6" of hair (or more) by June:yep:

ALL the hair growth aids, vitamins, diets, creams, potions, lotions, tonics an whatever else they got out there could make your hair grow that fast in a year. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Just gonna have to be reeeaaaalllllllll patient. (Maybe 3 -4 years or so) depending on how much you cut off.
Sorry if thats dissappointing, but gotta keep it real. :rolleyes:
Maybe BC to BSL in 18 months...i don't know.
But its amazing how time flies anyway, especially with those monthly bills :lachen:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::grin::grin:

Your posts are sooooooo funny and true, especially the part about the bills!

How about if we switched up growth aides quartly? Do you think that would work ladies?

Hmm, it probably could. But it seems that most ladies stress consistency as the key. I think it would be appropriate to do 3 days straight of MN, then 3 days of sulphur mix or switch them up (one day of MN mix, one day of sulphur, meaning you alternate them). Maybe with this method, you'll be buttlength by Christmas:lol:

i wanted to note, i am a shorty first off. 5'1

but i went from collar bone length to waist length last year.. i cut my hair back to collar bone length back in november and its now past apl so i am guessing by november it could very well be back at waist length again. my hair grows 3/4 inch a month, not sure if its faster in the summer or not....

you can check my fotki for results... i am kinda bad sometimes wit taking pics but it was very short at one point. i think feb 06 i was at armpit length then waist length by the next year. so it was a lil over a year BUT i also got 2 trims during this time....

my regime was pretty simple... check fotki... i also wore a wig for about a month when i grew it out last year. my issue is my ends end up being kinda scraggly,... i think its prolly cuz i hardly ever protective style. now i am watching my ends more this time so when i do get it to brastrap which i am thinking it will be by summer it should be good... also i aint letting it get to waist again prolly just because i didnt like it much... i will let it get to midback tho...

i hope this helps....

I definitely think you could BC and still make BSL by the end of the year. But I would think you'd at least have to be SL after you chop.

As for making WL in a year or less, I'm not too sure about that. I think Cichelle (sp?) went from curly SL to curly WL in a little under 2 years, though.​

I think if I BC'd now, I would at least be SL (I've been transitioning for 11 months).

My thread was kind of meant in a playful way, but I know some people have had exponential growth, and thought they could share!:yep:

cocoberry......i was definitely kidding around. i had great growth since my bc, i also went from SL to top of bra strap (under shoulderblade or whatever they want to call it) in a year, no trims. my goal for the end of this year is mid back, barring any tragic hair or health event and regular commonsense good hair practices.

my growth is the average 1/2-1" per month though.

I don't know ladies? I'm a true believer in anything is possible. I think the growth rate is lots of heads put together and then divided by the number of people participating. I learned how to take care of my hair on January 2, 2008. It's been 4 months and I see at least 2 to 3 inches of growth....hey, wait a minute...let's see take 3, divide it by 4 months and some odd days.... .75 is 3/4" ok. I'm average. I thought I was the miracle child! I guess that is the average even though some grow faster than others. HAPPY HAIR GROWING!:grin:

i wanted to note, i am a shorty first off. 5'1

but i went from collar bone length to waist length last year.. i cut my hair back to collar bone length back in november and its now past apl so i am guessing by november it could very well be back at waist length again. my hair grows 3/4 inch a month, not sure if its faster in the summer or not....

you can check my fotki for results... i am kinda bad sometimes wit taking pics but it was very short at one point. i think feb 06 i was at armpit length then waist length by the next year. so it was a lil over a year BUT i also got 2 trims during this time....

my regime was pretty simple... check fotki... i also wore a wig for about a month when i grew it out last year. my issue is my ends end up being kinda scraggly,... i think its prolly cuz i hardly ever protective style. now i am watching my ends more this time so when i do get it to brastrap which i am thinking it will be by summer it should be good... also i aint letting it get to waist again prolly just because i didnt like it much... i will let it get to midback tho...

i hope this helps....

i just checked out your fotki and your hair is gorgeous!

i can believe that it doesn't take a while to achieve long hair if you're short. i think it's less to do with mega growth but how long your hair appears to be on you. my hair can grow at the same rate as someone who is taller but it will appear longer.

i'm 5'1" also. currently, the front of my hair is chin length and the nape between SL & APL. to reach WL i need on average just under 8 inches more.

i just checked out your fotki and your hair is gorgeous!

i can believe that it doesn't take a while to achieve long hair if you're short. i think it's less to do with mega growth but how long your hair appears to be on you. my hair can grow at the same rate as someone who is taller but it will appear longer.

i'm 5'1" also. currently, the front of my hair is chin length and the nape between SL & APL. to reach WL i need on average just under 8 inches more.

Are you serious? :eek: Dang girl, you could actually be WL before the year is out!

So ladies, I'm just about APL with layers:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: (never going to a stylist for a "trim" ever again!)........so do you think BSL in one year from now is realistic?:look:

So ladies, I'm just about APL with layers:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: (never going to a stylist for a "trim" ever again!)........so do you think BSL in one year from now is realistic?:look:

Definitely! You could be there before the year is out. Actually, from what I've seen on this board, if you're short enough, you could be there before then! :grin:

How many inches do you need for BSL?

Last edited:
Definitely! You could be there before the end is out. Actually, from what I've seen on this board, if you're short enough, you could be there before then! :grin:

How many inches do you need for BSL?
I'm about 5'7-5'8 with a longgggggggg torso so about 4.5 inches for bsl and 7 inches for my ultimate goal of "rib length" hair:lick::drunk:

LOL Coco girl you be ON it ! If anyone's gonna have long hair it will be you.

I've gone from one length to the other in like 6 months. I've shedded there after and had to clip. But I guess I washed biweekly, detangled in the shower, conditioned with every wash. That's really all. Wish I could add some more. I kept my hair down or in a pony if I was running to the store very quickly. I use affirm products also. Oh I'm MBL towards wl.

Yeah she has great progress! Looks like she retained all her growth, which is very realistic.........19 months of growth is more realistic than one year :yep:

tenjoy...

Your godbaby looks like she's planning to get even with somebody as soon as she gets big enough!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back