What's wrong with people???

Re: What\'s wrong with people???

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how hard those heffas will be laughing when your hair keeps reviving and growing and they start rockin' the Louis Gossett Jr. look on a non-voluntary basis..... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I wasn't ready for that /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Diamondlady, don't worry about that foolishness...clearly your hair is speaking for itself /images/graemlins/weird.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
I have some friends that are amazed at my hair growth. (Not a lot of progress, but I have rebounded from extreme hair loss). They come up and touch my hair (I think they are looking for tracks) and comment on the growth and health and ask questions. When someone asks sincerely, I give them a quick version of what I do. You know, reduce heat, condition, extend perms, no over-lapping, things like that.

I just found out that some of the ladies at work, get together in the breakroom and laugh about how I work so hard on my hair. Now, mind you, these ladies have the most jacked up, chewed-up, over processed hair. One lady in particular goes to the salon every week and her hair is shaved in the back and about 1-inch all over her head, which is fine if she is happy with that, but she constantly asks "how do you get your hair to grow so quick", and "I wish my hair was like yours, but it has never been long".

They all seem so sincere, I don't get it? What's wrong with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll never forget when I was relaxed, I was in the company bathroom and a female co-worker asked me, "How do you brush that wig without it coming off? I was like, What!!?? She went on to tell me that the rumor at work was there is no way that the hair on Asha's head is real or hers. It must be a wig or a weave.

Because I was so eager to prove to her that the hair on my head was all mine, I proceeded to part my hair down the middle back and held it in two ponytails to show her otherwise. Something I now regret doing, because there is never a need to have to prove anything to anyone at anytime, especially regarding my hair.

While natural, I wore my hair pressed for the first time at work since going natural and another female co-worker yells to me, "That's not your hair Asha!" (I couldn't escape the drama even as a natural). I told her that the hair is really mine and she then asks can she feel it. Again, doing something I now regret, I allowed her to and to her surprise, "It is your hair!".

I said all this to say that women do this at times. These same women I would see at work, smile at and say hello, but all the while they had there own private talks concerning if Asha's hair is real or not. When I think about it now, I just laugh, because it's obvious that they didn't have anything better to do and that was a shame.

Keep your head up and stay positive. You obviously are doing a great job with your hair and it shows.

Take care. /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Some people are not happy unless they are trying to make others unhappy. It sounds like if they weren't talking about your hair they'd be talking about something else positive you have that they don't. The very best thing you can do is continue taking care of you and your fabulous hair!
Take care,
G

Don't share anymore info about your hair with them. Continue to grow your healty, beautiful hair and let thier fall out into thier lunch plate! People work on my doggone nerves!!

Please, sis, stop letting people put their hands in your hair. Your hair is an organic substance and you have no idea where there hands have been!!
Plus it's just damn rude! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif I am amazed how many people will touch someones hair and put their hands in a stranger's baby's face!!
No class!!

[ QUOTE ]
Please, sis, stop letting people put their hands in your hair. Your hair is an organic substance and you have no idea where there hands have been!!
Plus it's just damn rude! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif I am amazed how many people will touch someones hair and put their hands in a stranger's baby's face!!
No class!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA! Stop letting these folks put their hands in your head!

Back