Hair Vitamin/Supplement 2015 Challenge

Oh, damn. Dedication like a mug. :lol: What kind of results are you getting?

Haha! I stocked up when she had a 40% off sale and bought more than enough.

My hair has definitely grown. I'm protective styling now so my hair is hidden but I started these vitamins at collar bone length and I think I'm maybe two bottles away from being mbl. I'll do an official length check when I take my braids out at the end of the month.

My stylist said my hair is thicker but that could be the vitamins or my weekly coffee rinses

I highly recommend them. Great growth and very few breakouts.

Haha! I stocked up when she had a 40% off sale and bought more than enough.

My hair has definitely grown. I'm protective styling now so my hair is hidden but I started these vitamins at collar bone length and I think I'm maybe two bottles away from being mbl. I'll do an official length check when I take my braids out at the end of the month.

My stylist said my hair is thicker but that could be the vitamins or my weekly coffee rinses

I highly recommend them. Great growth and very few breakouts.
I assume a bottle lasts a month? To go from cbl to wl in 7-8 months is great! Now I gotta add Manetabolism to the list of vitamins to try. You guys are not good for my bank account. :lol:

I've been taking Mineral Rich for exactly one month now and am definitely seeing the changes in my nails. They used to be so weak, I couldn't scratch an itch too hard or they'd bend backwards. :ohwell: They also split and broke at least one to two times a week. Now they're very firm, but they have some give. I've only had one break that was due to my carelessness, and even that was a little crack on the corner of the nail.

Still too lazy to find my hair progress shirt :look: but I'm sure the the growth is there.

Hi ladies! @Jace032000 I would like to join you all in this challenge. I've been lurking this thread for a couple weeks and decided to try Mineral Rich. Here is my info:

What supplements are you taking or planning to start?
Mineral Rich w/ Aloe, MSM, chlorella/spirulina, and Irish Moss (I take the others daily anyway, and my hair grows fast. I want to see if Mineral Rich will speed it up).
Current Hair Status: Natural
Current Regimen: bunning it! Co-wash daily, DC weekly w/ heat, LOC w/ jojoba oil or some other ceramide rich oil.
Current Hair Length: APL/BSB ( just cut from MBL b/c of breakage and splits)
Desired Hair Length: Tailbone length!

Post your starting Picture!!: later...
Checking in...
Still on my regimen. I'm finishing up my 1st bottle of Mineral Rich w/ aloe. I only have 1/4 of the bottle left. Something is changing the texture of my hair...it is so much softer. Like a combination of all the vitamins I'm taking? Not sure. But I'm loving the way my hair looks and feels and a lot of people have been complimenting my hair buns and how thick they look. :blush2: Needless to say, I will be sticking to this regimen :yep: I'll do a length check and comparison at my next check in (next month)

I'm glad y'all are having success with mineral rich. I still have my bottle. Maybe I could be more consistent with Mineral Rich if I could just take a sip from the bottle every morning lol. I take all of my vitamins in the morning before I leave for work and I just don't have time/feel like measuring the dose.

I'm glad y'all are having success with mineral rich. I still have my bottle. Maybe I could be more consistent with Mineral Rich if I could just take a sip from the bottle every morning lol. I take all of my vitamins in the morning before I leave for work and I just don't have time/feel like measuring the dose.
I watched a YouTube video where the chick reviewing it said that two capfuls is the exact same as the dosage you're supposed to take. So I just pour the MR into the cap twice and dump it in a cup, pour in some water and drink up. Takes about 10 seconds. :yep:

Finally flat ironed my hair again! First flat iron is Oct 4th..which is the first day I started Manetabolism. I got a fresh press and trim the day I started. The breakouts are from the GNC ultranourishair vitamins I was taking up until starting Manetabolism.

Fast forward to today May 20th...about 7 1/2 months later. The after picture in the chair is before my trim. Pleased with my results. halfway through bottle 8...I was reaching when I said I was hoping to make it to mbl by the end of my 10th bottle lol. Don't think it's possible. wondering if I can be at bsl by then

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 62
Mineral Rich worked wonders for mines and mom's hair. It made my hair much thicker. Mom had a bad relaxer and you could see through her scalp. Now you can't tell. She wasn't a believer at first until she asked me what I was doing to my hair because its thicker than it's ever been. I told her I was taking a new supp called Mineral Rich.

I've been M.I.A

I finished my bottle of Biotin and Multi-vitamin.

I now am taking:
*Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin & Nails
*Andrew Lessman's Vitamin C Complex (for complete vitamin absorption)
*Garlic
*Multi-vitamin
*Drink bamboo tea

Next week I'll order bamboo pills

Are you using any oils for your scalp massage? I've been using jojoba oil because I've noticed some really dry patches in the back of my head which has led to thinning. Those dry patches itch terribly but I've found that jojoba oil has all but eliminated the itchiness and dry areas. It's still to early to tell as I've only been massaging with it, two mins each day for the past two weeks. I remain hopeful however.

At 1 point I had combined a combination of oils and did a scalp massage nightly plus of course on hair wash day, but I have to admit that probably lasted no more than a month. I should get back on that. Did you stay up on the scalp massages?

What supplements are you taking or planning to start: Taking a women's multi w/iron, diatomaceous earth for the silica content, vitamin C, and protein shakes.
*Current Hair Status: Natural
*Current Regimen: Shampoo/cocleanse, dc, weekly in twists, protein treatment every two weeks, moisturize twists every other day, topical sulfur pomades, oils, and creams, as well as MN. I'm keeping my twists under a wig at least until winter is over.
*Current Hair Length: BSL
*Desired Hair Length: MBL - WL
*Post your starting Picture!!

I have a few questions for you:

1) What have you noticed taking diatomaceous earth in general?
2) Are the protein shakes working for your hair growth?
3) I'm natural too, but I see in your regimen you do a protein treatment every 2 weeks. Why?
4) Are you MBL yet? Sounds like you should :)

@Leo24Rule

1) What have you noticed taking diatomaceous earth in general?

Better periods (shorter/no cramps). Haven't seen increased hair growth with it I don't think.

2) Are the protein shakes working for your hair growth?
I recently got a Komaza hair analysis and they said to up my protein to 3 - 4 shakes a day because I'm vegetarian. All that protein was not reaching my hair and nails. So I've recently started with 4 a day.

3) I'm natural too, but I see in your regimen you do a protein treatment every 2 weeks. Why?
Keeps my hair strong. My hair loves protein.I have high porosity hair and need protein according to my Komaza analysis.

4) Are you MBL yet? Sounds like you should :)
I was two inches away, but recently cut to BSB.

I'm still in this.

For some reason in the warmer months I am especially on top of taking my vitamins.

Current rotation of supplements:

Morning: Probiotic
Afternoon: Calcium, Flaxseed oil, Evening Primrose oil and a Women's daily
PM: Bamboo silica, Hair skin and nails and a Marine collagen supplement

:wavey: I'm not in the challenge but I have a question about biotin and didn't want to start a new thread just for that.

Does or has biotin lengthened your cycles? Does it make you "late"? I'm 3-4 days late and wonder if the the biotin I recently started taking four weeks ago. I was taking it solo for two weeks and switched to Country Life Maxi-Hair multi which has 5,000 mcg of biotin per serving.

I did a quick Google search and did find some hair forum links on it but wanted to hear from you all.

Although, it's only been 2 weeks (going on 3 come Monday) since starting this vitamin regimen with:
*Andrew Lessman's Hair Skin & Nails
*Andrew Lessman's Vitamin C Complex (for complete vitamin absorption)
*Garlic
*Multi-vitamin
*Drink bamboo tea

I've noticed my nails are growing and much stronger, skin is very soft, teeth look whiter, and hair is thicker.

I haven't posted in a while. I'm still on my vitamin reggie, taking my supplements everyday. Spirulina, Chlorella, Vitamin C, Fish Oil and Bamboo Tea. I am thinking about adding Marine Collagen, if I do it won't be until the end of the month. I really like the supplements I'm taking now. I just add everything to my morning and afternoon smoothie and call it a day.

How do you like the bamboo tea? How long have you been taking it? And have you noticed any results in drinking the tea?

Also what have you noticed with taking the Spirulina and Chlorella vitamins?

On Thursday I started my menstrual cycle and, although, I felt some discomfort I realized the first 2 days were different than other months. Yes, all periods are different month to month but for me no agonizing pain, wishing I'd stay home, nasty taste in my mouth, feeling like I have to go to the restroom, or feeling like I have to regurgitate. So I'm attributing this to perhaps:

1) Vitamin C- Complex pill
2) Multi-Vitamin pill
3) Bamboo tea
4) Eating Healthy
5) The little exercise I have done.

I hope Im not too late to get in on this challenge!!

What supplements are you taking or planning to start? I am taking GNC Be Beautiful. I have been taking them already for about 2 months.
Current Hair Status: Texlaxed, natural, relaxed etc. I am Natural.
Current Regimen: Co-wash 1-2x per week. Deep Condition 2x per month. Low mani or protective styles after blowdrying on low to stretch.
Current Hair Length: MBL
Desired Hair Length: Tailbone
Post your starting Picture!!

20150620_145714_HDR-vi.jpg

Checking in...
Still on my regimen. I'm finishing up my 1st bottle of Mineral Rich w/ aloe. I only have 1/4 of the bottle left. Something is changing the texture of my hair...it is so much softer. Like a combination of all the vitamins I'm taking? Not sure. But I'm loving the way my hair looks and feels and a lot of people have been complimenting my hair buns and how thick they look. :blush2: Needless to say, I will be sticking to this regimen :yep: I'll do a length check and comparison at my next check in (next month)
Late, but checking in! So...I've gone from APL to BSL since April 2, when I trimmed. I'll definitely say that Mineral Rich is a keeper. I'm not going to buy the one with aloe though, because it acts like a laxative which I don't want. I'll just stick to the original formula. Getting my new bottle any day now. Happy hair growing ladies :)

As of tomorrow I will be finished with my HSN Andrew Lessman Hair Skin & Nails vitamin and I've already finished 1 bottle of multi-vitamins. Tonight after work, I'm hoping to go to Walmart to get Folic Acid and Gelatin pills to switch off from the HSN pills.

slacked off since Friday.
Back on it today.
I've also been taking 2 teaspoons of ACV in water daily and also drinking 1-2 cups of Ginger or white tea daily.

Back