Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2014

I worked out last night and did the long stretch dvd from turbo fire this morning. About 6 weeks until May so each Saturday I'll be doing the fitness test from insanity. Been there, did that. I know what's up with Sean T.

Went hair toy shopping <3 I'm not buying any more hair care product for now.

I want in!

Hair Goals
Current Length:Past shoulder length but not apl yet

2014 Goal Length: A least BSL

Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Natural

Hair type: 4 A/B

How you will achieve goal: I oil my scalp nightly with njoy growth oil and then whole head baggy. Wash and DC once a week. Co- wash a few times a week once it warms up in MI. I also PS. I wear wigs 24/7 besides while sleeping.

Weight/Fitness Goals

Current Weight: 272

Goal Weight: 188

Current Dress Size: 18-20

Goal Size: 8-10. Idk I've a haven't been that size before.

Fitness Goal: total body transformation. I've lost 16 pounds this past month. I would like to lose 100 pounds and weigh 188. First goal 50 pounds by june 1st so I have 34 pounds left to lose by then.

How you will achieve goal: I workout 6 days a week. twice a day. I make sure I get in 20000 steps daily (10 miles) and I lift weights for 60-90 mins (full body weights) 3 to 5 times a week. I like to burn at least 1000 calories a day in the gym. I'm a full time student so if i'm not in the gym i'm sedimentary for the most part. I count my macros (protein, carbs, fat) as well as my calories. I don't worry about the calories too much. My daily macros are 180g protein, 150g carbs, 50-60g fat.

I don't know how I expect to get a sexy body eating all this candy :nono: I need to get it together. I will ride again tonight but on an easier level.

I haven't worked out in days, but I have been eating at home. Once I turn in this paper draft on Friday I'll be back in the gym.

Zumba again tonight. I'm doing water aquatics and Zumba on Mondays and Wednesdays. And Zumba the other days except Sunday. I started a bike riding class on Saturdays for I believe it's 12 weeks. It's an actual bicycle that you ride on the street. At the end of the class I get a free $500 bike which is sweet.

Hair wise nothing new lol

Zumba again tonight. I'm doing water aquatics and Zumba on Mondays and Wednesdays. And Zumba the other days except Sunday. I started a bike riding class on Saturdays for I believe it's 12 weeks. It's an actual bicycle that you ride on the street. At the end of the class I get a free $500 bike which is sweet.

Hair wise nothing new lol

What!!! I want to take that class. I want a new bike :yep: You go ahead girl.

Another half pound of NOLA weight is gone. I didn't drink enough water yesterday. I have to do better today. I need these last 3.5 lbs to go.

I actually put my hair in 2 braids for a braid out today, but since I have to go to work knowing my luck it won't turn out today.

Tomorrow is weigh in day, so I need to get a mid day walk in and stick to my eating plan. So far I'm down 2 lbs this week but I need to keep it that way. I decided this week I would just buy rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to bring for lunch so I can make sure I'm getting enough protein for lunch. I need to make sure I keep bananas on hand for my smoothies and buy 3 bunches at a time so I can freeze them.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have dipped below 150.

I am a bit late joining but I have been on this same plan by myself for most of the year so far.

Hair:
Goal- BSL
Thicker hair
fill in edges and alopecia spots (unfortunately I had a flare up of alopecia, the spots are growing in though)
Stick to vitamin regimen: marine collagen, Andrew Lessman, Biosil, Hemp Oil, Biotin

Fitness:
Current Weight: 150
Goal Weight: 145
Not looking to drop tons of weight. I usually gain muscle so my weight doesn't change much. Looking to lose an inch or two around my midsection and gain two in the booty :look:
continue with pole dancing (have been doing it for over a year, great for

Pole dancing 2 days a week and gym 4x/week

Just finished my water aquatics class. Not feeling like Zumba today so going home.

Hair wash I'm going to wash my hair when I get home.

Logged everything on MFP. Burned 1056 cals between zumba and full body weights. I feel like going to burn some more calories. Hair norm njoy mix and whole head overnight baggy.

Don't feel like eating much so just eating a sweet potato and a drum stick. Doing a conditioner experiment for my mid week cowash. Skipping exercise tonight but will pick back up tomorrow.

With pants and no top I weighed in at home at 150.00 even. I put on my sweater and I weighed 150.8. Took that off and put on a slightly lighter sweater, I was 150.6. That was enough to have me weight in 2 lbs lighter at the work weigh-in. I put on my shoes and belt and I was 151.6. So shoes and belt weigh a pound.

Made sure I didn't eat anything before weigh in and came in at 150.4. I am pleased with that. So it looks like with my eating plan and my exercise I can drop 2 lbs every other week. With the weather breaking, I can increase my walking and hope to be at a solid 145 by the end of April.

Starting to look better but I still have way too much fat on my stomach and thighs. But I am in a better place than I was last year.

Still working on my hair regimen. It's coming along slowly like the weight loss.

faithVA how did your conditioner experiment go? I made a leave in mix with different loreal protein free conditioners I had laying around last week. It's going pretty well so far and I don't that 'drying out' feeling.

faithVA how did your conditioner experiment go? I made a leave in mix with different loreal protein free conditioners I had laying around last week. It's going pretty well so far and I don't that 'drying out' feeling.

Thanks for asking jennwantslonghurr. It went well because I learned a little more about my regimen. I was trying to tell whether I should use the Natural Oasis conditioner or a regular conditioner or both. I didn't different sections with different combos. The Natural Oasis really softens my hair but it doesn't smooth my cuticle. The conditioner smooths my cuticle and softens but it doesn't help hold the moisture in like the Natural Oasis. But using them both together DCing, rinsing and then using the Natural Oasis creme balm worked the best. So I will be doing that each time cleanse my hair.

I also was able to see the protection against drying the NO creme balm gave my hair versus having nothing on my hair.

So it was insightful.

I will do more experiments to figure out how to best moisturize on wash day.

faithVA that's great! Love a good turn out. I'm starting to think mixing is the way to go. I also noticed how some products moisturize my hair without smoothing it or a product may smooth my hair but leaves it in the dry side.

faithVA that's great! Love a good turn out. I'm starting to think mixing is the way to go. I also noticed how some products moisturize my hair without smoothing it or a product may smooth my hair but leaves it in the dry side.

Yes I am noticing that as well. Unless I do side by side comparisons though I can't seem to tell what is doing what.

Have you done one before? How does that work?

Ive had a few mineral wraps and one seaweed wrap. The seaweed was better because I lost 4lbs the following week. It released toxins and broke up cellulite. The mineral wraps promote lymphatic drainage, tighten skin and you lose inches.

Been doing kettlebell swings and planks in the morning. My abs are killing right now. Didn't realize how much they needed working out.

Back