Global Goddess Coconut Alma Hair Treatment! - On Sale

I don't recall getting an email but I called up and was told my order shipped today....I'm happy now...

I got mine today and immediately used it , even though this is my first time EVER trying it! I like it , well thank goodness I got 6 bottles... I'm starting the Ayurveda thing as well.

I ordered 2. They shipped in the 12th. I would have ordered more but I worry about retaining freshness.

I just ordered 6 of them today. I gotta take a break from this site. Y'all gonna send me to the poor house.LOL

I ordered 2. They shipped in the 12th. I would have ordered more but I worry about retaining freshness.

The freshness issue is a point! This probably won't work for ladies with families, but the whole top shelf of my fridge is dedicated to the finicky natural hair and beauty products that I love. If I ever do marry, it will be a nightmare trying to get a DH to go for that! :spinning:

I ordered 12 and I hope it will stay fresh cause I plan on using this as my staple oil. I mean if I like it if not I can use it on me and the family's skin.

The oil contains parabens (which is a slight turn off for me personally) so you won't have to worry about freshness :)

The oil contains parabens (which is a slight turn off for me personally) so you won't have to worry about freshness :)

Yeah, that is what I noticed. All those hummy ingredients and then parabens. :look:

I have cut them out of life in such a way that I am not concerned in an extreme way, but still.

I worry about the parabens in my body lotions the most since I am rubbing them in all over my skin everyday. I will have to see how my minds wraps around the parabens in this oil.

At least these are cheap.

Not freshness as in it will spoil but I do not use anything that has been sitting on my shelves for ages in general. It isn't harmful but not quite as effective IMO. Kinda like when one of your major staples changes its packaging and you see some of the old packaging on the shelves 2 years later - you know it is old and don't want to buy it. Mostly mental, I know, but fresh is always better. The way we all race through products here, shouldn't be too much of a problem :-)

I just got my bottles in the mail. One of them leaked a bit. The stuff has a very light, non-offensive smell. Yay!!

Noir I read the ingredients twice, and there are no parabens listed.

Yeah I got my package as well.. 2 of the 6 bottles leaked a little...I would be mad if I paid $45 dollars for each. Im good though.

Yeah, that is what I noticed. All those hummy ingredients and then parabens. :look:
Yea I hear ya… which is why I said it is a slight turn off LOL…. I might still order. At $4.50 ya can’t go wrong.

Noir I read the ingredients twice, and there are no parabens listed.
It does contain parabens - Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

It does contain parabens - Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben.

A picture is worth a thousand words--NO parabens in the boxes I'm holding.

Attachments

• GG 001.jpg
    GG 001.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 93
  • GG 002.jpg
    GG 002.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 72
I ordered on the 8th around 10:30 pm and mine came in the mail today. No problems that I have seen so far with leakage. (No oily mess when I took them out.)

A picture is worth a thousand words--NO parabens in the boxes I'm holding.
The $45 Global Goddess oil that they sell at HSN, Victoria Secrets, Dermstore and Nordstrom ABSOLUTELY does contain parabens.

You can view the ingredients listed by licensed sellers.

HSN - http://beauty.hsn.com/global-goddes...ttr=5541&ocm=bs|5541&prev=hp!5541&ccm=bs|5541
Nordstrom - http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2929571/0~2377897~2377898~2384480~6004583?P=1
Dermstore - http://www.dermstore.com/product_Coconut-Amla+Revitalizing+Hair+Treatment_16554.htm

Aja1121 made a post about this oil nearly a yr ago… she even posted the ingredients which also include parabens
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=4183197&postcou

In fact after comparing the 4.50 with the original (on the site) you can clearly tell that the shape of the bottles and labels are NOT the same… Not to mention, the ingredients are listed in a different order, with a few of the ingredients missing. Also if you look at the ingredients on the 4.50 box, the INCI names of the oils are in parenthesis, whereas on the original it is the other way around – the common names are in parenthesis (which is the correct way)

Last edited:
Ok, after comparing the 4.50 bottle and the bottle on HSN, it appears to be that they are the same but the ingredient lists are different from each other. The 4.50 does not list the shea butter or neem.

The oil at Nordstrom and on the official global goddess site look different from the one featured on HSN, but the ingredients are the same.

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Fragrance (Parfum), Prunus Domestica Seed Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Extract, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit (Amla) Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf (Neem) Extract, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, D-Limonene, Linalool.

Hmm, maybe just different labeling or the ingredients have been changed :perplexed All I know is the ingredient list on that 4.50 oil is different from all the others (maybe why it is cheaper ???)

Yea, I think I’ll pass.

Last edited:
On the site that sells the $4.50 one, they list neem as an igredient. Do you actually have the $4.50 box and the other one's ingredients to compare? I need to know because I still have time to cancell my order if it's suspicious .

Aja's post doesn't list neem either. If hers is authentic, then there may be nothing wrong with the $4.50 one. Maybe they are old formulations.

Last edited:
On the site that sells the $4.50 one, they list neem as an igredient. Do you actually have the $4.50 box and the other one's ingredients to compare? I need to know because I still have time to cancell my order if it's suspicious .
Yea on the site they list neem but on the 4.50 box they sent it does not list the neem or shea butter (LaidBak posted a pic of the box a few posts up)

I don’t have the $45.00 oil here with me to compare but the one I saw at Nordstrom definitely lists neem, shea and parabens :perplexed

Aja's post doesn't list neem either. If hers is authentic, then there may be nothing wrong with the $4.50 one. Maybe they are old formulations.

maybe it is an older formula or she could have missed the neem because her one does contain shea butter and parabens.

ETA. Yea Aja probably just overlooked the neem (s'pose we could ask her?) seeing as her oil contains shea and parabens. If you look at these 2 threads from 3 yrs ago they also mention neem being in the ingredient list. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=101733&highlight=global+goddess
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=101136&highlight=what+ripoff

Last edited:
Back