Gifts or Affection? How Does He Show His Love for You?

Which Does He Seem to Do More of to Show His Love for You:

• Gives Gifts

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Affectionate

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Both of the Above

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Neither One or 'Other'

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Some men show their feelings by giving of themselves material wise. Other men are just very affectionate; not stingy or cheap, just affectionate.

How would you describe the way your sweetheart shows his love for you? Which does he seem to do more of?

For me, it seems to fluctuate between the two. There are times when he's more affectionate than gift giving, and other times more gift giving. Yet he is still showing that he cares.

Blessings to each of you and I wish you all of the joys of love that life has to offer you and ... more. :love2:

Last edited:
affection and chores :yep:

I really don't want anyone buying me anything unless I tell them exactly what I want. My husband buys the worst gifts.

I really don't want anyone buying me anything unless I tell them exactly what I want. My husband buys the worst gifts.

Oooo, I never thought about chores. That's a good one, Lady D. I think I'll go back and add it to the poll.

Love you angel :kiss: I love my 'brother' (your hubby) too; he's a sweetheart and so are you. :yep: I wish you both more and more love for always, for all times, in all ways yet unexplored. :love3:

How do you edit a poll? I don't see this option listed. I wanted to add chores as another option...

chores and buying me things
he's so much faster than me
I stroll through my day
no rush / no worry

My hubby still sends flowers after 11 years of being together. He washes dishes, does the laundry, will cook if needed, vaccums and anything else that needs to be done. For Valentines Day this year, he had notes all over the house leading me to my VD present, it ended up being in the greenhouse:spinning:. It's a lot of the little things that he does on a constant basis; we talk several times per day when he's at work. He'll call to let me know he is on his way home from work and always ask "do you need anything".

I used to just receive gifts and treats, but I MUCH preferred affection and attention. I'm a sucker for cuddling and cute names and eskimo kisses and all that - gifts, money, rides, expensive dinners, they're nice and all but I could care less most of the time. If you're going to spoil me, spoil me with love, not things. That's my view. :drunk:

Boo buys me gifts...but I had to show him that I prefer his affection....for the most part.

The gifts dont hurt, though...:grin:

That is what my SO does..he's out of state but he came home for my graduation last week and my home was a mess bc i was stressing trying to do last minute papers and study for tests to avoid taking finals....He told me this week, "When I come back for christmas we are cleaning up!" LOL

Angels, what you've all shared is beautiful. It's a 'healthy' mix. Men have different ways to show their love and affection for us.

For many, it's bringing home the 'bacon' and the butter...with others it's the continuous flow of hugs and kisses.

While many men may not 'verbally' express their love, they do so in so many ways that may not seem like love, yet to him, it's his whole heart that he's sharing with the woman he loves... :hug3:

In more than words, I wish each of you, Love that Abounds, Love that continues to flow from heart to heart, love that knows each others deepest feelings 'without speaking a single word' neither an uttered sigh.

I wish you love beyond words that cannot be expressed, yet always known and never presumed or guessed, or wondered. Love that's always certain and always yours and shared only between the two of you, and no one else. For what you share cannot be altered, neither destroyed, neither employed to space from one another.

Love that never 'aborts' it's true meaning and existance, the true meaning of the two of you. That neither of you, love alone, you are always 'One' a treasured union which can never be undone.

Love that flexes and bends with the times and changes of life and patterns and it's weathers of storms, yet the calm that keeps you at peace and in trust and in faith of God and of one another.

For every storm, a solid Rock that can surely stand upon and not slip nor lose sight or the safe and warm hold of one another.

I wish you 'Love's Embrace, which never let's go, yet never smothers.

This pureness of Love is what I wish for you...beyond words.

In Jesus's name, Amen and Amen... :heart2:

FH is an affectionate & emotional man. He mostly shows his love with affection, words, touch...and by just being a true gentleman and spoiling me with his attention. He usually only gives me gifts if there is a sentimental or commemorative reason for doing so, which is perfect for me because I've never been much for the materials.

Back