GET YOUR BLACK BELT IN HAIR !!!

WHAT'S YOUR RANKING

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm claiming BLACK, though not a total master. I seek the knowledge. I like to help others with the knowledge that I have gain. I am happy when others are helped by my knowledge, and sad when they are not in a place, hairwise, in which they want to be. This causes me to want to step up my knowledge even more, so I CAN help. :yep:

I must say WHITE. i've oNLY BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR. SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY LITTLE BABY IS PLAYING WITH THE KEYBOARD. NO, I AM NOT YELLING AT ANYONE LOLOLOLOL

Wow southerntease, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! it's almost poetic. U better copyright it before you find it in the next haircare guru's book!!!! i'm jus sayin....

i'm claiming the purple comb since I'm about 15 weeks post my relaxer and I've decided not to relaxer ever again. I'm happy with my decision to go natural and I'm slowly getting over the guilt of walking away from my stylist.

I didn't vote, but I think I'm a blue comb right now, but also a lifelong natural :yep: and I really doubt I will EVER chemically alter my hair texture with a relaxer :nono: so I can skip purple and brown, just a couple more phases til I reach black! :grin:

Haha, I chose one step above beginner, yellow, without even reading the descriptions! :lachen: I'm 4b natural for 12 years, but I feel like such a newb! :newbie: Sometimes I'm amazed I still have hair on my head!

Wow, I had no idea you felt that way. I thought you were like a natchal guru. :blush: Whenever you do finally get it together, look out world!

That was my point.
We didn't know what to do.
But still my gf's type 3 here was in way better shape then mine.
I don't doubt that with the right knowledge and techniques I should be able to handle my hair but where I need to research and look into fotki's my gf's just have to wash,condition(with whatever random product they find) and of they go.
I'm not saying that all type 3's can deal with their hair like that or that their hair is as long as that some of those beautiful naturals here but there is a huge difference between just throwing whatever at your hair and putting relatively little thought in it and crying everytime your mom has to do your hair b/c it takes forever and is painful.
Again I say knowledge is key but looking at how my mother and her friends all were ignorant and still my gf's hair was relatively simple to handle compared to mine.

I can relate. Even though my 4 year old has 3a hair, when it hit waistlength I was completely overwhelmed. And I've been doing his hair all his life. (And don't nobody say nothing - I said it! My boy has waistlength hair! :lachen:) But once I learned different shampooing techniques and tools washing his hair became a breeze again. A good leave in and my Denman detangling comb and now he won't even let his Dad wash his hair anymore.

It's all about knowing what works for your head no matter the type.

as a natural I was definitely black comb status

as a relaxed head I am in between red and black, tryin to get fully to black.

I was relaxed from 18-34 and had a beautiful head of hair. From 7th grade (about 12 or 13?) I had a leisure curl. From about 4 to 7th grade pressed. I transitioned successfully for a year. Had 4-5 inches of new growth with very little shedding. I've been natural again since 2/28/09 and am loving it.

I'll say I'm an advanced red comb. I won't claim black until I master rollersetting, cornrowing and braiding. But I'm constantly taking question from people about hair care and giving advice.

I'm a purple comb!!

:blush: I picked purple before I'd read all the choices. It's my favorite color. :rolleyes:

Wow, I had no idea you felt that way. I thought you were like a natchal guru. :blush: Whenever you do finally get it together, look out world!

I can relate. Even though my 4 year old has 3a hair, when it hit waistlength I was completely overwhelmed. And I've been doing his hair all his life. (And don't nobody say nothing - I said it! My boy has waistlength hair! :lachen:) But once I learned different shampooing techniques and tools washing his hair became a breeze again. A good leave in and my Denman detangling comb and now he won't even let his Dad wash his hair anymore.

It's all about knowing what works for your head no matter the type.

I was relaxed from 18-34 and had a beautiful head of hair. From 7th grade (about 12 or 13?) I had a leisure curl. From about 4 to 7th grade pressed. I transitioned successfully for a year. Had 4-5 inches of new growth with very little shedding. I've been natural again since 2/28/09 and am loving it.

I'll say I'm an advanced red comb. I won't claim black until I master rollersetting, cornrowing and braiding. But I'm constantly taking question from people about hair care and giving advice.

:blush: I picked purple before I'd read all the choices. It's my favorite color. :rolleyes:

:lachen:I don't think there is anything funny about that, I also plan on allowing my future son to grow his hair out until he wants to cut it!

ETA: When you first started this thread I was a blue comb, but now I think I'm red!

Last edited:
I am a blue comb. I have my basic regi down and knows what my hair likes and dislikes.

I am trying to move into some more advance stuff. Henna, steam treatments etc. But still learning.

Well...I'm gonna go head on and claim my green comb.

I've gotten really good at telling when my hair needs something...like, just now, I was feeling her, and I noticed that she really needs to be clarified. But I still have a ways to go, in terms of getting a solid regimen and learning techniques.

I have a black comb in hair but according to the OP...i'm between blue and purple combs. I'm thinking about transitioning.....again. But i am cautious about what i use and i don't believe in magic potions.....unless there's pics and facts to back it up...like Bee Mine...

But even if i had a Black comb....you can always still learn:)

BLACK COMB sista who is passing on the knowledge to those willing to listen and learn.
I control my hair but I also continue to grow and learn.

Each one...Teach one

You taught me so now I am teaching others.

I said

BLACK COMB

Black signifies the combination of White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, and Red. You have mastered all levels of hair care. You teach others about hair care, planting new seeds. YOU CONTROL YOUR HAIR; YOUR HAIR DOES NOT CONTROL YOU!!!

Only because I know what works for my hair, even though I am constantly trying to better my hair. I've pretty much narrowed down my reggie to 5 products. I have yet to have a hair set back... now I'm just keeping it simple and watching it grow. And people are constantly turning to me for hair advice because they've seen how much my hair has turned around since joining this site. It's crazy... one girl called me her "hair godess"... which I thought was a little much, but I am guiding her through her transition. It feels good finally to know what's up on top of my head. I don't have to worry about it breaking off and looking crazy. The thing about it is even though I haven't reached my hair goal of ridiculously long Rapunzel hair... I can safely say I have healthy hair.

Sooo this is saying that when I am finally knowledgeable about hair that I will transition? I've seen some relaxed heads that are worthy of a black belt.

Sorry if this was addressed before didnt read through the whole thread.

Blue because I'm relaxed (and don't plan on transitioning), but I think I'm a little further than that. Either way I'm very proud of my progress <toot>, <toot> to me:)

Back