FYI: LHCF in " Today's Black Woman"

Great!!! I know I learned more on this hair board about how to properly care for my hair than I have ever learned from any licensed stylist!!!

That's great but are they authorized to do that?.......is that legal? I'm not trying to start anything but I'm just curious :look:

That's great but are they authorized to do that?.......is that legal? I'm not trying to start anything but I'm just curious :look:

I haven't seen it myself but I would imagine that the owner of LHCF has paid to advertise in those magazines. Especially if you see the logo. So the magazine isn't just using LHCF's logo without permission.

:look: Does this mean that the membership fee is going up again?

Don't other boards similar to this cost $20? Honestly for the info. and fellowship I've found on this board the annual membership fee is nothing. I personally think it is a steal. :yep:

Blackhairmedia is free and it is has good information on it.

Actually BHM is how i found this site. But, I dont think $6.50 is expensive for the amount of info i get. I will drop more than that on a product.

That being said i do not want the price to go up again.

Healthy Textures is $100 a year. :rolleyes:

I'm really not trying to be mean, really I'm not...but don't you all think that that's a tad bit ridiculous? Especially when you can get the same info for free, or just at 6.50 a year here? But to each his own. I guess if you can't afford it, then it's nothing. Personally, I hope that the member ship doesn't go up anymore because I'd really just have to use the free part of the forums. lol.

Last edited:
Healthy Textures is $100 a year. :rolleyes:

I'm really not trying to be mean, really I'm not...but don't you all think that that's a tad bit ridiculous? Especially when you can get the same info for free, or just at 6.50 a year here? But to each his own. I guess if you can't afford it, then it's nothing. Personally, I hope that the member ship doesn't go up anymore because I'd really just have to use the free part of the forums. lol.

I knew it was coming....

It is ridiculous. I wonder what her membership numbers are like, especially in today's economy. She charges $10 a month. Should be $10 a year. :nono:

My guess is our membership fees won't go up any time soon. If LHCF is being advertised in hair mags, it increases the site's revenue from the ads and things we have up - more hits.

So, it helps LHCF make more money, which would offset any need to increase membership fees.

Also I am excited for more people to find out about LHCF. Friends I've had since I was a preteen and haven't seen for 6-12 months complimented me on how "long and healthy" my hair is looking. I then tried to talk about LHCF but they looked confused and put off so nvm. But I hope other women can find what they need here.

I knew it was coming....

I wasn't trying to be mean! Really. I love macherieamour. I was just wondering if I was the only person who was a bit shocked when I first went to the site and saw the cost. I'm a college student, so pretty much everything is out of my budget, so I didn't know if that price was reasonable or if it was just me. Sorry if I offended anyone. :perplexed

My guess is our membership fees won't go up any time soon. If LHCF is being advertised in hair mags, it increases the site's revenue from the ads and things we have up - more hits.

So, it helps LHCF make more money, which would offset any need to increase membership fees.

Also I am excited for more people to find out about LHCF. Friends I've had since I was a preteen and haven't seen for 6-12 months complimented me on how "long and healthy" my hair is looking. I then tried to talk abo.ut LHCF but they looked confused and put off so nvm. But I hope other women can find what they need here.

That's usually the reaction I get too, so I know that no matter how much advertising LHCF gets, some people just don't feel like being on the computer for hours to talk about hair. There are now approximately 58,000 members right? I would love for us to reach 100,000 one day:drunk:

I wasn't trying to be mean! Really. I love macherieamour. I was just wondering if I was the only person who was a bit shocked when I first went to the site and saw the cost. I'm a college student, so pretty much everything is out of my budget, so I didn't know if that price was reasonable or if it was just me. Sorry if I offended anyone. :perplexed

No you are not, but all the threads about this specific topic have been put behind bars.

Back