LHCF Advert in Hair magazine. Wow never thought i'd see the day

I think it's coo. IF wackos and crazies wanna come here they aren't gonna come cause they saw an ad in a mag(I mean they might but come on) they would have already been here.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I'm happy that people will have access to knowledge that will truly grow their hair long, but on the other I don't just want anyone on this forum. You know, the ones that will give advice on how to "blowdry your hair while relaxing to make it straighten faster" and other advice that really isn't healthy. Oh well, maybe the $6.50 cent fee will weed out the wheat from the weeds ;).

We stays on top of ERRTHANG. Well, new chapter, I guess. I'm in the "I'll just see what happens" boat.

I think it's good, but that it also has a good chance of proving to be detrimental.

One thing I do believe is that since we all contribute to the site monetarily, we would have at least been given a heads up even if we weren't allowed to contribute in the decision-making.

*going back to read all my 10,000+ posts to see if I've said anything self-incriminating or self-identifying* :lol: :look:

I'm on the fence about this. I like the advertisement for the site but I hope this isn't an invitation for the site to be overrun with trolls. The mods may need to put in overtime on the site. I need get another laptop-stat!

In the meantime, I'll go to Sam's Club and stock up on extra :popcorn:

I have mixed feelings about it, I mean it is good that it can help out other people, but you have some that will come here and use our practices like they made it up and get paid for it. Like I have seen some people do on products. Some might come just to read our tips and then talk like they thought it up. Or you will have some come here just to sell there new product and then they are gone. Like that one man who registered to make some sells on the hair exchange board ain't heard nothing from him since.

Maybe I am just being selfish because we use to have such a nice board, I mean we still have a nice board, but you all know what I mean.

Very cool!!! The mods are on top of the trolls, and if we act like adults when they do show up, they won't have as much to feed on, and heavens knows I wish every black woman knew about this site - or at least knew that there is hope for healthy hair.... :yep:

:clapping: Well said Kiya!

I'm a little selfish snob when it comes to my beloved LHCF. As much as I'd like to see more of us with healthy hair, I hate to think about what will happen with the influx of others coming in...

It kinda reminds me of the site models.com. I was a member of that site since its inception in the late 90's. SUCH an amazing board then. We had so many WORKING MODELS on that site, and ALL of the major agencies scouted through the site. Many a new model/talent were discovered, some becoming very successful top working models too (not supermodel level, but certainly you have seen them in advertisements and magazines). Well with the advent of America's Next Top Model, and the mention of the site on media circuits (including Tyra's shout out on her talk show), IN CAME THE MASSES! I'm actually a moderator on the forum, and I hardly even frequent it as much as I did because it's totally different now. They also opened it so that people can post on the forums for free which in the past you had to pay to post on the site and become a member. Every SINGLE DAY there are about 10 new threads asking "am I good enough" with the most rediculous folks you ever did see, to the point you wanna just say "come ON, really..... REALLY???" I'd be afraid of that happening here, that it grows so large that the quality of the site goes down and the regulars start falling off.... Then you have a bunch of newbies asking the same questions, not running searches, looking for the quick fix, and just jackin up the board:axehunter:....

That's a good point, Foxie.

Hopefully there will never be a push to make LHCF free. :nono:

That, no matter what else, would. suck. :yep:

I'm concerned that the immature who don't want to put in the effort and time to grow their hair out will then be cruel to those who do, cause chaos, and purposely ruin what is giving others progress they don't want to work for. :nono:

I love the idea of sharing knowledge but too many want a quick fix.

I don't have lofty ideals that things must be searched for...many times I was given the information I truly needed but didn't know WHERE to find it.

However...I was given the information...and RECEIVED it and then ACTED on it. Two things that many will not do, but cause chaos to those that do.

I'm a little selfish snob when it comes to my beloved LHCF. As much as I'd like to see more of us with healthy hair, I hate to think about what will happen with the influx of others coming in...

It kinda reminds me of the site models.com. I was a member of that site since its inception in the late 90's. SUCH an amazing board then. We had so many WORKING MODELS on that site, and ALL of the major agencies scouted through the site. Many a new model/talent were discovered, some becoming very successful top working models too (not supermodel level, but certainly you have seen them in advertisements and magazines). Well with the advent of America's Next Top Model, and the mention of the site on media circuits (including Tyra's shout out on her talk show), IN CAME THE MASSES! I'm actually a moderator on the forum, and I hardly even frequent it as much as I did because it's totally different now. They also opened it so that people can post on the forums for free which in the past you had to pay to post on the site and become a member. Every SINGLE DAY there are about 10 new threads asking "am I good enough" with the most rediculous folks you ever did see, to the point you wanna just say "come ON, really..... REALLY???" I'd be afraid of that happening here, that it grows so large that the quality of the site goes down and the regulars start falling off.... Then you have a bunch of newbies asking the same questions, not running searches, looking for the quick fix, and just jackin up the board:axehunter:....

That's what will probably happen here. I just hope the folks that are supportive of sharing the site with the world will be here to help answer the 50-11 questions that comes with it, lol. "What is a co-wash?", "What hair type do I have?", "How can I make my hair grow?" "What's MN?" "Is my hair growing yet?":rolleyes:

Get those answers ready guys!:grin::look:

....they put our banner in an ad of a product we don't even use... lol

Actually Poochie, to correct you there are quite a few members who do use Glovers and Sulfur 8 products. A rep from the company found LHCF doing a google search on his products, and our site came up :) so that is how it came to be.

This new product line wont be ready for purchase until January, but he will be giving out many free samples to those who are interested.

Thanks

Last edited:
I saw this ad over a week ago in Walmart. The first thing that came to my mind was :wallbash: now everyone will be bombarded with individuals who may not appreciate this forum. The secret has been let out. Now on the other hand, there will be some out there who will gladly apply what they've learned.

I'm sure years ago when Wanakee published her ads in Essence, Ebony, and Black Hair Talk(?), some of her exclusive clientele didn't want the public to know about her regimen and products. I'm glad she did, though, because it stopped my stylist from complaining for years about my ends. :yep:

Well...I'm just glad that I have a lot of knowledge that has helped and is working for me. If the day comes where it's too difficult to hang out here, I can just move on with my long hair!:lachen:

I think that we ALL should just continue to do what we do best and stick to our guns on serious hair care. I know that there are plenty of ladies here that will politely tell ANY newbie to come correct when they start gettin rowdy and spouting out foolishness. Ya'll know don't nothin get by ya'll! lol! I'm not really worried about the "trolls" because I know that my LHCF sisters are VERY protective and prayerfully there won't need to be a day where we have to become lurkers in our own home *shakes head*

Interesting views. Honestly, I wouldn't have thought twice about seeing that Ad/Plug or whatever it is.

I must say I admire you Ladies' protectiveness of this our "little country" :)

Oh men I must agree as much as I'd like to see more healthy heads I hope this site does not suffer because of the influx of people.

Back