FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

@NikkiQ how do u prep your hair for straigthening? Do u have any damage?

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I normally clarify, a mild protein treatment like my Aphogee 2-min followed by a good DC. Apply a leave in and spray on a heat protectant while the hair is still slightly damp. Detangle in sections and put in big twists so it can air dry. Once it's dry, take down a section, spray with a little more heat protectant, and hit it with the flat iron. Sounds like more than it needs to be, but that's usually a typical wash day for me minus the heat protectant and flat iron party :lol:

I normally clarify, a mild protein treatment like my Aphogee 2-min followed by a good DC. Apply a leave in and spray on a heat protectant while the hair is still slightly damp. Detangle in sections and put in big twists so it can air dry. Once it's dry, take down a section, spray with a little more heat protectant, and hit it with the flat iron. Sounds like more than it needs to be, but that's usually a typical wash day for me minus the heat protectant and flat iron party :lol:

I think I will try that in a few months when I straighten

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

I've been really lacking in the moisture department and battling this 100+ degree heat which isn't going to end anytime soon. Its gettin' a lil' toasty under this here wig, lol.

Sprinkl3s, I cowash, spritz my hair with my glycerin/water leave-in, and shingle with Ecostyler pink gel, all in the shower. Then I shake my head to separate coils. I get out the shower n use a t-shirt to absorb excess water, shake once more, and continue with the rest of my morning/evening routine. I baggy at night to keep my hair moist, then spritz, shake/fluff n go in the morning. I can usually do this for 3-4 days, and it tends to look more defined as the days go on. My hair also stays moist because of the glycerin/water mix and baggying, no hard hair at all. HTH!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

I saw the pic! That had to be the best fro ever. I loved it without the band

I think im going to play in my hair today since I'm skipping the Rhianna concert

So I'm horrible with uploading pictures but I will attempt

First I took out my twists with vo5, then I rinsed it out sprayed my hair with water and olive oil (don't have any more glycerin) shingled with eco styler olive oil and shake.

Then I put it in a pony. I don't know why. But my end feel great.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311382825598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311382825598.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1311382862554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311382862554.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 35
  • uploadfromtaptalk1311382916784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311382916784.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 33

First I took out my twists with vo5, then I rinsed it out sprayed my hair with water and olive oil (don't have any more glycerin) shingled with eco styler olive oil and shake.

Sprinkl3s you shoulda left it down! So pretty!!

Hey ladies! I'm trying to do better with participating in threads. At any rate, I've been wearing my fro or under a wig. I've also been doing the cowash thing like twice a week as I discovered that my hair seems drier when I wash weekly with shampoo; even though I DC afterwards. I use a creamy leave-in on the first day and spritz with an avj mix daily.

Right now I'm actually in 2-strand twists. Shrinkage is the devil, but I managed and am pleased with the result. Hopefully they will last for 2 weeks.

Shampooed and DC'd my hair for two hours today. Twists and about to wig it up for the show. :yay:

Me~ :)

Sent from my Desire HD

I've been doing wngs all week. I really hate my hair right now. The nape is super straight/wavy and the rest is pretty curly so it looks stupid. I've been pinning the straight hair up in the back. I'll post pictures later. I ended up revisiting wrapping my hair to make it straight instead of doing a roller set (I'm horrible at it). I really need to take comparison pictures because it's been a year since my last pics but I'm afraid of flat ironing my already weird nape hair :ohwell: I guess I'll go out and feed my product junkie ism to lift my spirits. I'm thinking of trying Mixed Silk (supposed to be the Mixed Chicks knock off) and buying some flamingo clips at Ulta to clip up my straight hairs....*sigh*

You and your hair are gorgeous!!

Here are the pics. Do you see how wavy some of my hair is? It's driving me crazy! I want to cut it!:wallbash:

Attachments

• wng1.jpg
    wng1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 59
  • wng2.jpg
    wng2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 52
  • wng3.jpg
    wng3.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 50
  • wng4.jpg
    wng4.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 52
Here are the pics. Do you see how wavy some of my hair is? It's driving me crazy! I want to cut it!:wallbash:
Esthi777
Your hair does not look stupid, it is actually quite pretty. Don't cut it. It's not unusual for you to have different textures in your hair. I have a looser texture at my nape area too, and a tighter texture at my temple/ear areas, and it makes my wash n gos look odd to me too, but they seem to look okay to other folks. We are the hardest on ourself and our hair. You cutting your hair will not change the texture, and if you are to make it to waist-lenght on time you need to keep cutting to a minimum, trims only!

MyAngelEyez~C~U Thank you! And you're right. If I were to cut my nape shorter, it would be like cutting off about 4in. I bought a ton of hair stuff today to play with this week so maybe I can eventually rock a decent wash n go :)

Kept my hair under wraps today. I'm planning on moisturizing it tomorrow and then wrapping it some more. Also, my rock the mwa (midsize-weeny afro) tomorrow... still not sure...

have a great night, ladies!!!

2013 will be here before you know it!! WOO-HOOO!!

me~:rolleyes:

Kept my hair under wraps today. I'm planning on moisturizing it tomorrow and then wrapping it some more. Also, my rock the mwa (midsize-weeny afro) tomorrow... still not sure...

have a great night, ladies!!!

2013 will be here before you know it!! WOO-HOOO!!

me~:rolleyes:

:yay::yay::yay::dance7::dance7::dance7::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::circle::amen::afro:

Esthi777, your hair looks beautiful. I'm sure to you the difference in the curl patterns is noticeable because you live with your hair everyday, and well you're an LHCF chick, so likely a bit obsessed with your locks like we all are :grin: (in a good way)... but really, I don't think the difference in the front and back is noticeable at all. I understand how you feel though, because mine is on the flip-side: it's pin-straight in the front and curly in the back, and it drives me nuts! :perplexed. But seriously, you're hair is so lovely, and your face is so pretty, I'm sure no one really ever notices that little difference.

:rolleyes:

lp318lp, that's a new one...mwa! I love it!

Update for me: I've been doing my usual cowash and bun during the weeks and when I see clients, but wearing a wng on the weekends.

Aww. I love your hair. Your hair now is my short-term goal length. Can't wait to get there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Prevail

SunnyHoney Thanks! You're too sweet! I didn't mention but my hair is straight/wavy in the front too AND on the sides, ugh! It's only curly in the center. When I went shopping yesterday, I purchased some Curl Formers to place in those straighter areas. I hope it works!

Back