FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

I have a question for anyone willing to answer. I have to take a group picture tomorrow at work and I'm going to straighten my hair with the flat iron. I haven't straighten my hair since I've joined and I'm terrified! What would you suggest I do to prepare my hair before I use heat? TIA!

I have a question for anyone willing to answer. I have to take a group picture tomorrow at work and I'm going to straighten my hair with the flat iron. I haven't straighten my hair since I've joined and I'm terrified! What would you suggest I do to prepare my hair before I use heat? TIA!

Esthi777 Make sure you do a moisturizing DC. Let your hair air dry till slightly damp, and then blow dry on low or no heat. Use a good heat protectant!

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to post a pic of my new wig, but to no avail. :wallbash:

I'll definitely try again this weekend... UGH!!

me~:rolleyes:

OK! Soooo....I straightened my hair with the flat iron after DCing the haaayeeelll out of my hair. I air dried just like MyAngelEyez~C~U said most of the way and then blow fried on the cool setting. I sprayed Chi 44 iron guard on my hair and set my flat iron on the lowest setting which is 270 degress. I flat ironed my nape sides and bangs (basically my 2a hair) on 270 then turned up the heat to 300 for the rest of my hair. I also took comparison pics since it's been exactly a year since I flat ironed and took pics. I must say that I don't think I retained 6 inches of growth. 4.5 maybe 5 at the most but I'm still happy with my progress. I'm hoping to be APL by this time next year:yep:

Last July 2010 is the first pic. The rest are from today.

Attachments

• str84.jpg
    str84.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 57
  • str81.jpg
    str81.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 53
  • str82.jpg
    str82.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 53
  • str83.jpg
    str83.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 54
OK! Soooo....I straightened my hair with the flat iron after DCing the haaayeeelll out of my hair. I air dried just like MyAngelEyez~C~U said most of the way and then blow fried on the cool setting. I sprayed Chi 44 iron guard on my hair and set my flat iron on the lowest setting which is 270 degress. I flat ironed my nape sides and bangs (basically my 2a hair) on 270 then turned up the heat to 300 for the rest of my hair. I also took comparison pics since it's been exactly a year since I flat ironed and took pics. I must say that I don't think I retained 6 inches of growth. 4.5 maybe 5 at the most but I'm still happy with my progress. I'm hoping to be APL by this time next year:yep:

Last July 2010 is the first pic. The rest are from today.

Esthi777 looks great! Very shiny and silky looking! I'm trying to hold off on straightening until late October....Great job!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

Today's 'do: rinse, shingle n go, LOL
picture.php
Doing a henna/indigo treatment later today. Hair is growing slowly but surely...

Anybody else have any hair plans this weekend?

pookaloo Thank you!! MyAngelEyez~C~U your hair is not growing surely. It is growing like a weed! My plan is to do another DC and do a WnG. I just discovered I like the feel of my hair in it's natural form :)

^^^i meant to say your hair is not growing SLOWLY. Ugh! I like the convenience of my phone app but it sux to reply to posts on :-/

@NikkiQ: LOL!!!!! This wig.

Did it finally post?

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1312680400163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312680400163.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 29
  • uploadfromtaptalk1312680426953.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1312680426953.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Just finished washing and DCing hair. Moisturized, but sealing in a bit.

Thinking about straightening my hair too. I thought about how, when I was a relaxed head, how my hair seemed to grow "faster." I just realized that that was because it encountered a lot less SSKs, and so I was able to retain a lot more.

@ Esthi777: Your hair is lookin' really purty!!!!!!! Don't make me follow in your footsteps, girl!!!!!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Desire HD

Last edited:
Did an overnight henna treatment n got great color. I think I'll do overnighters from now on. DCing with Tresemme Naturals moisture condish mixed with olive oil n honey...

I leave for a few days and come back to all these pretty hair pics. :lick: Get it girls!! lol

As for self, I'm still wiggin' it with "Chelsea" and probably will be doing so for the duration of August. :yep:

And yup, thats me in Pathmark...:grin:

Attachments

• me in path.jpg
    me in path.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 48
Whoo-hoo! :woot:Just catching up on the change re: new participants - thanks ladies! I am sooooo in! Just henna'd yesterday followed by DC using BF pistachio cream. hair is in 4 twists - been battling ssk's and think i may be winning!!

it's been a little over a month since i took progress pics, so these are from late June:blush:. will post updates soon!

hey there, ladies! I am lurking & rooting for you all from the sidelines! :bouncegre

will be trending my progress as well, but was too late finding this thread to join. :wallbash::cry3:

HHG and best of luck to all!!

Attachments

• IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    500.5 KB · Views: 37
I leave for a few days and come back to all these pretty hair pics. :lick: Get it girls!! lol

As for self, I'm still wiggin' it with "Chelsea" and probably will be doing so for the duration of August. :yep:

And yup, thats me in Pathmark...:grin:

Evallusion: How do you wear your hair under your wigs?

Whoo-hoo! :woot:Just catching up on the change re: new participants - thanks ladies! I am sooooo in! Just henna'd yesterday followed by DC using BF pistachio cream. hair is in 4 twists - been battling ssk's and think i may be winning!!

it's been a little over a month since i took progress pics, so these are from late June:blush:. will post updates soon!

Love your hair! So thick n lush!

@Evallusion: How do you wear your hair under your wigs?

Underneath, my hair is cornrowed straight back (no extensions). I rinse after workouts with plain water and use a very light moisturizer to combat dryness. I take em down when they are unbearably fuzzy, shampoo, deep condition and rebraid. :yep:

Current protective style
Gonna have my hair styled professionally one more time in August and then thats it, I will be self styling from there on. I washed blow dried with olive oil, steamed with d.c and wheat germ, then styled.

IMAG0858.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

IMAG0854.jpg

IMAG0852.jpg

Now, TopShelf, you KNOW those cornrows are slammin'!! Looks :lick:!!

Back