FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

Nothing new here... I just dream of the day I can wear a bun again or even just a ponytail/puff!

Lol, I know what you mean. I'm over here dreaming too:yep:

I was getting so bored with my hair I had to get it braided before I "did something" to it. I'm hoping to have these last for at least 4 weeks.

These are the only 3 products I will be using on these braids:
Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave-in Spray
Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier
Castor Oil
*And if I feel the need to wash my hair, I will just rinse it with plain old water.*

Attachments

• cornrows Aug 16, 2010.jpg
    cornrows Aug 16, 2010.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 9
i wanna join! my last relaxer was November 25th 2009, i BC'd March 25th, 2010...i measured my hair the otherday and it was 4 inches in the front, about 4.5 inches in the back.

Photo1853-vi.jpg

Lol, I know what you mean. I'm over here dreaming too:yep:

I was getting so bored with my hair I had to get it braided before I "did something" to it. I'm hoping to have these last for at least 4 weeks.

These are the only 3 products I will be using on these braids:
Castor Oil
*And if I feel the need to wash my hair, I will just rinse it with plain old water.*
Nice braids!!
i wanna join! my last relaxer was November 25th 2009, i BC'd March 25th, 2010...i measured my hair the otherday and it was 4 inches in the front, about 4.5 inches in the back.

Photo1853-vi.jpg
Pretty hair, I will update the challenger list soon ladies!!

Anyone make any major changes to their regi now that they are natural? I am pretty much done with poo except maybe once a month or a few times a year to clarify. I mean poo does NOTHING good for my hair. My new poo that I will use the next time is low in sulfates so I think it won't be as bad but I STILL AIN'T USING IT OFTEN.

Some of the items that I need I am actually out of and I haven't been shopping for my special stuff since I BC'd. I wasted all them good products on that doggone relaxed hair that I swept up in the trash, oh well, I try to think of it this way that relaxed hair was my GUINEA PIG, now my natural hair only gets the tried and true GOOD STUFF!

I also know that I need a lot less products. I am simplifying all the time, trying to use stuff up and give things away.

OH AND LADIES DO NOT FORGET THIS IS A GROWTH CHALLENGE FOCUS ON YOUR GOALS!!!!

This is a re-post...I posted in the wrong BC to WL thread!

Hi everyone!!!

I've started doing ACV rinses (I've only done it 2 times since being natural). The verdict's still out on this one. I'm not sure what it's supposed to do, but I'm sure it's really good for my scalp and will contribute to stimulating growth!

POOKALOO-- I am noticing some ladies falling off on keeping us updated...this is a WSL ride or die BOOTCAMP challenge. Where da HAIL they at??? I guarantee that the people that post at least kinda regularly in here for support will be the ones that actually reach WSL during this challenge. Yeah, I SAID IT!

Lets Get Serious!!!

^^^Exactly! In regards to growth, thats why I'm in braids. If I keep my loose hair out, I'm going to keep playing in it and slowly break it all off. And since I paid 50 bucks for these things (which I NEVER do), I'm gonna keep them in till FOREVER AND A DAY. I'm gonna get my money's worth!!

So in regards to styles/growth, I'm going to continue getting cornrows/braids/kinkytwists until I can't stand it anymore. It would be awesome if I can stay in a protective style until March. Everytime I take my hair down, I will let it rest for a week/two and then get it redone. So thats the plan. If I stay PS'd until March, that an opportunity for 3 inches of hair...THATS SIX INCHES ALL AROUND....and MY NATURAL HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN THAT LONG BEFORE...So I really, really, want to do this.

Wish me luck ladies.

My regimen while in a PROTECTIVE STYLE, I will be using three products daily:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
**And if I feel the need to wash my hair, I will only rinse it with plain water**

My regimen when I take my hair down and wear it loose in between Protective Styles:
Shampoo with Renpure Organics Moisture Shampoo (red bottle)
Deep Condition with Taliah Waajid's Herbal Conditoner
Use Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Spray as a Leave-In/Mister
Moisturize with Oyin Handmade's Whipped Pudding
Seal With JBCO

I have a bunch of products on deck that I am trying to use up (namely moisturizers), so once I run out of one, I will post up with whatever I replace it with.

Ummm...yeah...thats it...:look:

Your cornrows are really nice!

I had cornrows for about 5 weeks before I BC'd and I absolutely love it as a protective style! I'm actually thinking about getting them again, I wanted to try kinky twists. However, I like the price tag of cornrows much better $55 compared to about $190.

Did you have to blow dry your hair before getting the cornrows put in? I'm wondering if my TWA is too short right now for cornrows.

Your cornrows are really nice!

I had cornrows for about 5 weeks before I BC'd and I absolutely love it as a protective style! I'm actually thinking about getting them again, I wanted to try kinky twists. However, I like the price tag of cornrows much better $55 compared to about $190.

Did you have to blow dry your hair before getting the cornrows put in? I'm wondering if my TWA is too short right now for cornrows.

Thanks!! Thats why I got the cornrows, they were cheaper and it only took and hour and 15 minutes. I didn't want to sit in that chair all day. And they look so nice.

I didn't have to blow dry my hair before I got it braided and I have about 2 1/2 - 3 inches of hair.

Hi ladies! I was one of the naughty ones that haven't been checking in:spank: One of the reasons is because I'm fairly new and don't know how to post pics. I started out at 2 in on my swirly and 4in on my bangs. I believe I'm 3.5 in on my swirly now and 5.5 in on my bangs. If someone could help me out on how to post pictures, I can post them. Thanks!

Hi ladies! I was one of the naughty ones that haven't been checking in:spank: One of the reasons is because I'm fairly new and don't know how to post pics. I started out at 2 in on my swirly and 4in on my bangs. I believe I'm 3.5 in on my swirly now and 5.5 in on my bangs. If someone could help me out on how to post pictures, I can post them. Thanks!

This is how I post pics:

Click "go advanced" to post. In the toolbar of the post box you will see a paperclip (its next to the font, size, color, etc). Click the paperclip and add the pictures as attachments from your computer.

Thanks evallusion for helping me with the pictures and iri9109 for the idea on how to measure!! Here you go!

Attachments

• P1010760.jpg
    P1010760.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 25
Okay, click POST. When the reply page opens, scroll down past text box. You'll see the Additional Options box. within that box, there's a Manage Attachments tab. Press it, and a dialog bog will pop up. click browse, choose the photo from your hard drive, click okay, and then click upload. when you've uploaded the pics, close that box, scroll up to text box, and click Submit Reply.

You also have the option to upload pic into a photo album here on your profile. But that's a lesson for another day :grin:.

HTH

HA HA! Thanks Angeleyez! I think we were posting at the same time. I got it up but will have to take you up on the photo album lesson, hehehe...

Welcome and congrats on your BC!! What's your game plan?

I'm wigging it up from now until next summer. It'll be difficult since I can never seem to keep my hands out of my hair, or keep a style more than a few days to a week. I'll be cowashing weekly, juicing twice daily,and sealing with EVOO.

still here pretty eyes :wave:

Been really busy recently so I have got very hair lazy. I basically just pre-poo and wash and DC once a week. I moisturise as needed which is ususally about 1-2x during the week in addition to on wash day so in total about 2-3x week. Other than that I wear my wig daily and take it off as soon as I get home. When I have the time I also do a midweek co-wash if I have the time and patience.

POOKALOO-- I am noticing some ladies falling off on keeping us updated...this is a WSL ride or die BOOTCAMP challenge. Where da HAIL they at??? I guarantee that the people that post at least kinda regularly in here for support will be the ones that actually reach WSL during this challenge. Yeah, I SAID IT!

I have been coming in this thread everyday but not posting. I know! Bad pook! :spank: But I notice not too many people posting! I will be bumping this thread up daily now. Some people forget they are in challenges. So I will give ya'll a pass! :grin:

As for me, I have not been doing anything new. Still have these crochets in. I' about to take them out once my lacefront comes in the mail. Then I will baby my hair for a while under the wig and then put the crochets back in. I'm hiding my hair for a year. April 26th of next year will be a year for me. I just recently did a blow out. I posted that in the Newly natural thread, but I'll post them here to in a sec.

ETA: Here are the pics http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=11799070&postcount=1196

Last edited:
:wave: I meant to join when I BCed a few weeks ago.

I have about 4-5 inches, my last relaxer was Sept.24. I'm so serious about this right here. I had a glorious dream that I'll never forget. I had curly APL hair that stretched to my waist...it was glorious.

I'm planning on wigging it for the next year, it's what I did during my transition and I think it'll help me out.

My hair type is primarily 4a, thin strands, kinda cottony. I'll post closer pics as well as length later. I would love if I can find a twin.

As far as regimine, just washing, conditioner, moisturizing, and rebraiding. That's it. I'm getting back on my vits and protein shakes, makes a difference.

I have been coming in this thread everyday but not posting. I know! Bad pook! :spank: But I notice not too many people posting! I will be bumping this thread up daily now. Some people forget they are in challenges. So I will give ya'll a pass! :grin:

As for me, I have not been doing anything new. Still have these crochets in. I' about to take them out once my lacefront comes in the mail. Then I will baby my hair for a while under the wig and then put the crochets back in. I'm hiding my hair for a year. April 26th of next year will be a year for me. I just recently did a blow out. I posted that in the Newly natural thread, but I'll post them here to in a sec.

ETA: Here are the pics http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=11799070&postcount=1196

It is turning into a BAA!!!

I have been getting good growth and retention i love it! You know how i know my hair has been growing? I was out side and the wind blew and i thought that a bug grazed my ear, but it was my hair! Lol! I actually have to tuck my hair behind my ears! LOVE IT!

I'll try to post more :) . I bought some HE Totally Twisted condish to try out tonight. I've been puffin' daily and baggying at night, so I also bought some large Conair Snap Clips to try out some frohawks or something, LOL.

I have been getting good growth and retention i love it! You know how i know my hair has been growing? I was out side and the wind blew and i thought that a bug grazed my ear, but it was my hair! Lol! I actually have to tuck my hair behind my ears! LOVE IT!

LOL!!! I cracked up at this, partly because I hate bugs and could picture myself about to knock my brains out if something grazed my ear. :lachen: Yes, your hair is growing!! :yep:

I'll try to post more :) . I bought some HE Totally Twisted condish to try out tonight. I've been puffin' daily and baggying at night, so I also bought some large Conair Snap Clips to try out some frohawks or something, LOL.

Will you PLEASE post a picture of what hairstyles you do with the clips? I am going to be looking for everything to try with a bit more length and not being able to do WNGs. I wanna keep it cute this fall too. I am even considering color in December.

Thanks!! Thats why I got the cornrows, they were cheaper and it only took and hour and 15 minutes. I didn't want to sit in that chair all day. And they look so nice.

I didn't have to blow dry my hair before I got it braided and I have about 2 1/2 - 3 inches of hair.

I think we're almost the same length, so I'm glad to know you were able to get cornrows. At the least, I want to rock them under some wigs I'll be using for my protective styles.

Anyone make any major changes to their regi now that they are natural? I am pretty much done with poo except maybe once a month or a few times a year to clarify. I mean poo does NOTHING good for my hair. My new poo that I will use the next time is low in sulfates so I think it won't be as bad but I STILL AIN'T USING IT OFTEN.

Some of the items that I need I am actually out of and I haven't been shopping for my special stuff since I BC'd. I wasted all them good products on that doggone relaxed hair that I swept up in the trash, oh well, I try to think of it this way that relaxed hair was my GUINEA PIG, now my natural hair only gets the tried and true GOOD STUFF!

I also know that I need a lot less products. I am simplifying all the time, trying to use stuff up and give things away.

OH AND LADIES DO NOT FORGET THIS IS A GROWTH CHALLENGE FOCUS ON YOUR GOALS!!!!

SAME HERE!! If I could find a few staples, I can really focus on the idea that "less is more". I've found a daily spritz with glycerin, but soon I won't be able to leave the house with a wet head. So I'll need an oil or water based cream that will moisturize and keep down the frizz factor too.

I've found oils that I love and conditioners, I just need to simplify and locate that one daily moisturizer that enhances curl and moisturizes. Most products that enhance curl also add hardness, so I'm still on the trial and error level.

I'm IN! This is exactly what I needed....

Currently 4inches 100% Natchal

Will continue wearing cornrows under wig until ???

Cowash every other day, poo/dc 1x wk, moisturize daily.

So excited! Can't wait to see everyone's progress a year from now :grin:

Per request, here's my 'do with clips, will give a review later.

Attachments

• Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33 #2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2010-08-19 at 07.33 #3.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 27
Back