FROM BC TO WAIST LENGTH! Natural growth and health CHALLENGE.

It must be BC season!

RayRayFurious WELCOME NEW NATURAL!!

I am still wigging it a lot otherwise just a wash n go.

Ok, so here are some pics I took about a week or two after my bc. This is just a WNG that I hadn't finger-fluffed yet.

bcpic1.jpg bcpic2.jpg

I keep my all my regimens as simple as possible :yep:. My current conditioning regi:

1) cowash almost daily(on the days I don't, I at least rinse and detangle). I use Suave Naturals for this.

2) Shampoo and dc weekly, but only because I swim weekly and must wash out chlorine, otherwise, I'd only use shampoo once a month. I dc with ORS

3) My favorite conditioning technique is a honey-based prepoo :lick:, try to do it weekly, but it's so messy, I put if off sometimes.

checking in...

BC'd last month to 4 inches. Kept hair in finger twist most of the time last month. Cowashed and set with conditioner and scurl every 3 to 4 days.

looks like I measure an inch longer. I need to get back in the habit of taking pics every month

this month I want to mix it up and bun half the time if I can find a way to keep my fly away piece down.

checking in...

BC'd last month to 4 inches. Kept hair in finger twist most of the time last month. Cowashed and set with conditioner and scurl every 3 to 4 days.

looks like I measure an inch longer. I need to get back in the habit of taking pics every month

this month I want to mix it up and bun half the time if I can find a way to keep my fly away piece down.
hip hip hooray!!

Ok, so here are some pics I took about a week or two after my bc. This is just a WNG that I hadn't finger-fluffed yet.

View attachment 75236 View attachment 75238

I keep my all my regimens as simple as possible :yep:. My current conditioning regi:

1) cowash almost daily(on the days I don't, I at least rinse and detangle). I use Suave Naturals for this.

2) Shampoo and dc weekly, but only because I swim weekly and must wash out chlorine, otherwise, I'd only use shampoo once a month. I dc with ORS

3) My favorite conditioning technique is a honey-based prepoo :lick:, try to do it weekly, but it's so messy, I put if off sometimes.

Pretty!!!!

This was taken on Wednesday when I took my braids off

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 16
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 16

View attachment 75236 View attachment 75238

Very pretty!

As for the August technique of the month, I will be cowashing with Aussie Moist. When I am finished with that, I will cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut.

I recently showed my new boyfriend my natural hair and much to my surprise, he LOVES it. He likes it better than the wigs and headwraps so I have been cowashing daily and rockin '"wash & puffs". I will post pictures on the 11th when I am 6 months post chop.

I'm 1 month post BC and I have about 2 inches up top.
Curious as to what others do about shaping issues...

Still struggling with dryness though.

Yes, the BC bug has definitely been out this summer!! :yep: My hair is still braided up, two weeks today and believe it or not, I already miss touching my curlie ques. :lachen: It's like at almost 3 months post bc, I so used to my twa.

I finally finished a few bottles of conditioner, so I can say that I officially really like Organix Tea tree & peppermint, AO White Camellia and Hello Hydration for my co-washes. When I take my braids down and clarify, I can't wait to try Aussie Moist. I REALLY, REALLY need to get rid of the PJism and stick to a hand full of products.

PrettyEyes, I can't wait to see your straighten pics.

checking in! my hair is getting so thick and growing. no more brreakage! yay! im going to be braiding up my hair in two weeks.

twists111.jpg

This is my PS (twists) for the next few weeks. I'm using MTG as a growth aid every other day. My twists are still pretty tight so I spray my scalp with S Curl activator for relief. Cleaning my scalp with Seabreeze instead of washing. I need to make these
stretch so no washing for me. Ummmm...what else? I'm just keeping it simple. I plan to roll into WL hair without a whole lot of hooplah! .;-)

Niiiiiiicccceeee TWISTS!!! The size looks perfect, not too big, not too small. I'm with you on no washing, just scalp cleaning. This morning, I tried the ORS Herbal Cleanse and my scalp felt great and the q-tips showed the removed residue. We can do this!! Trying to hide my hair until December!

I've attached the pics of my microbraids I'll be rocking until October. I can't wait to see the growth I'll retain! I hope it's worth it. I'm really missing putting my hands in my curls. LOL :lachen::yep:

I didn't realize the last pic attached. Well, since it did, it's my last pic taken July 4th of my baby twa! Wow, October 18th will be 3 1/2 months of growth! Should be good stuff.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I've attached the pics of my microbraids I'll be rocking until October. I can't wait to see the growth I'll retain! I hope it's worth it. I'm really missing putting my hands in my curls. LOL :lachen::yep:

I didn't realize the last pic attached. Well, since it did, it's my last pic taken July 4th of my baby twa! Wow, October 18th will be 3 1/2 months of growth! Should be good stuff.
Your TWA looks absolutely FAB!!!!!!!!

I'm 1 month post BC and I have about 2 inches up top.
Curious as to what others do about shaping issues...

Still struggling with dryness though.
Mine is not shaped perfect because my 3c hair has less shrinkage and looser curls than my 4a hair but I just blend it and go!

Yes, the BC bug has definitely been out this summer!! :yep: My hair is still braided up, two weeks today and believe it or not, I already miss touching my curlie ques. :lachen: It's like at almost 3 months post bc, I so used to my twa.

I finally finished a few bottles of conditioner, so I can say that I officially really like Organix Tea tree & peppermint, AO White Camellia and Hello Hydration for my co-washes. When I take my braids down and clarify, I can't wait to try Aussie Moist. I REALLY, REALLY need to get rid of the PJism and stick to a hand full of products.

PrettyEyes, I can't wait to see your straighten pics.
Thanks
checking in! my hair is getting so thick and growing. no more brreakage! yay! im going to be braiding up my hair in two weeks.
!!!

Looking good...

As for the August technique of the month, I will be cowashing with Aussie Moist. When I am finished with that, I will cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut.

I recently showed my new boyfriend my natural hair and much to my surprise, he LOVES it. He likes it better than the wigs and headwraps so I have been cowashing daily and rockin '"wash & puffs". I will post pictures on the 11th when I am 6 months post chop.

Do what works!!!

I trimmed about 1/4 inch a while back meant to document it here as per challenge rules, so now you know!

I did this cause I felt it was strange hair in like two spots some call it "scab hair" it seemed a bit processed like maybe had a bit of chemical (I mean a centimeter) so I just cut 1/4 inch all around to keep it even and to be sure, I would rather be safe than sorry and the curls have behaved perfect ever since.

Last edited:
Trim update:

Just took about a half an inch off the longer areas...trying to shape-up, but still looks a bit un even... oh well! :ohwell:

Like most naturals, I've found that I have got different hair types all over my head, so I doubt, I'll ever shape very evenly. But...it'll be ALL GOOD when I'm waistlength, right? :yep: Until then, I gotta put these scissors down...I get to clip-happy.

With this trim, though I think most of what I took off was some relaxed hair up near the front and crown that I missed with my bc...hard to tell, because my hair is so straight there....but that's a story for another day.

Last edited:
Nothing new with me. Still in the crochet braids. My hair is really itching though. Gonna try and wash it tonight. I don't really want to, because I don't wanna mess up the hair.

Nothing new with me. Still in the crochet braids. My hair is really itching though. Gonna try and wash it tonight. I don't really want to, because I don't wanna mess up the hair.

I miss crochet braids I wore them all the time in HS. I washed them all the time but I was never too woried about if they got a bit fuzzy cause I would just gently brush the edges and tie down with a scarf while the hair was still damp and the next morning they looked great!

6 MONTHS POST CHOP

I'm 6 months post chop today. I believe my hair is between 2 1/2 to 3 inches...I stopped measuring because "a watched pot never boils". I've been doing my "wash and puffs" and will continue to do so until I get some twists or braids...I need a protective style asap! I've stopped buying things and I'm using what I have on hand until Qhemet has her black friday sale in November. :spinning: I'm starting to find some splits in my hair...not happy about this...Other than that, everything is cool.

Here's a before and after:
1st pic is day on (Feb 11, 2010)
2nd pic is 6 months post chop (August 11, 2010)

Attachments

• Comparison (Day One).jpg
    Comparison (Day One).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 12
  • 6 Months post Chop (side).jpg
    6 Months post Chop (side).jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 17
1 Month Post Chop

Hi All!

Today is officially my one month nappiversary! I'm still excited about this natural hair journey. I have been co-washing daily with conditioners like Suave Coconut & Suave Almond Shea Butter. They are ok--nothing to rave about, IMO. I also tried HE HH--my hair did NOT like that at all:nono: It made my hair dry! Last night, though, I tried GIOVANNI SMOOTH AS SILK DEEPER CONDITIONER, AND all I can say is WOW! It made my hair so smooth...I'm in love:lick: I think Giovanni is my official co-wash conditioner. I have been moisturizing 2x a day with ORS Carrot Oil and sealing with Castor oil. I have attached my first pic of my BC (7/12/10) and my 1 month pic (8/12/10). I'm not sure if I see a difference. HHG!
BIG CHOP
IMAG0113.jpg
IMAG0114 (2).jpg

ONE MONTH POST CHOP
IMAG0125.jpg
IMAG0127.jpg

Ok I think I hit the point where I need to stop looking at other people's progress and pictures because I just want my hair to be long. like right now!
I think I'm going to braid my hair up this weekend. Nothing fancy because I cant keep my hair in braids for longer than two weeks without them starting to itch or me wanting to take them out. oh well

Keep growing ladies
Stay strong!

Re: 6 MONTHS POST CHOP

I'm 6 months post chop today. I believe my hair is between 2 1/2 to 3 inches...I stopped measuring because "a watched pot never boils". I've been doing my "wash and puffs" and will continue to do so until I get some twists or braids...I need a protective style asap! I've stopped buying things and I'm using what I have on hand until Qhemet has her black friday sale in November. :spinning: I'm starting to find some splits in my hair...not happy about this...Other than that, everything is cool.

Here's a before and after:
1st pic is day on (Feb 11, 2010)
2nd pic is 6 months post chop (August 11, 2010)
did i tell you i hate you and your fast growing hair:grin: i cant wait to see you whenn you hit your year mark! omg it will be long!

Back