~ FEBRUARY 2012 HITS & MISSES ~

Hit: Hairitage Hydration! So far I've used the silk and aloe cream, happy hemp, horsetail hair butter, and I got a sample of the sweet butter pomade. The pomade smells exactly like Oyin's burnt sugar pomade and works like it too (and I LOVE the burnt sugar pomade). I rollerset my hair with the horsetail and silk aloe. It can be a little oily together but I was experimenting. Either way my hair felt soooooft. I'm in love. I'm currently in a sew in and I moisturize my leave out with the silk and aloe. Next week I'll use the happy hemp, lol.
Continued hit: my water, aloe vera juice, and jbco mix. My hair truly loves aloe. Also, since my sew in I've added sulfur to it. I think I can go ahead and add sulfur as a hit as well. I got a deep trim in late October and I swear my hair is looking like it's catching up. I've added sublimed sulfur to my bee mine mixture as well. We'll see.

Miss: Damn near spending a good chunk of my tax return on products I'd like to experiment on (after I paid sallie mae of course). I'm perusing shescentit and shi naturals as I type....

I LOVE THIS STUFF IF DO I DO, The silk aloe is amazinnnnngggg, the Happy Hemp amazzinggggg, the Castor INfusion AMAZINNNNGGG! my hair feels so moisturized and so beautiful I am just super amazed! They got a customer for life. BUT.... I will not purchase Until I am scraping the bottle. I have a stash that needs to go and I can't purchase another thing Until I use alot of it up. :) SO yes this is a HIT for me as well :)

Hits-

*Donna Marie hair whip leave- in,love it leaves your hair nice & silky,smeels divine,you can use it as a co-wash or rinse..Gives great slip & moisture..

*Hairveda whipped gelly.. my top hair cream to smooth edges..

*Oyin burnt pomade..perfect for holding twist, buns & edges...

*Coffee rinse,spritzing it on my scalp/add Dc..A nice combo

*B.A.S.K java bean pomade,smeels like a fresh cup of coffee & really leaves your hair silk smooth & a little goes a long way...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Hit:

Hollywood Beauty Oils: I tried the Carrot Oil before and I liked it but I really love the Dry Hair and Skin Thereapeutic Oil. It's a great alternative to a shine serum (I can't use these on dry hair because it seems to just dry my hair out). It leaves your hair shiny and smooth and is especially great for fine hair like mine. I want to try their Olive Oil and Morrocan Oil next.

Silk Dreams Satin Smooth Hair Cream: This is a must moisturizer for relaxed ladies with fine hair. What's amazing about this is that even though the texture is light, it still moisturizes my nape area (which is the driest area of my hair) and also when I have alot of new growth. It just sinks right in. I love it!

Miss: Adding oil to my deep conditioners. May be a little too much for my fine hair. It seemed to way it down.

Continued hits:

ORS hair Mayo. My favourite product of all time. I don't know how it does what it does but it feels more moisturising than a moisturising conditioner.
ORS hair Masque. I like ORS. Can you tell? It's thick, creamy and smells lovely.
CON Argan Oil moisturising shampoo. To be honest it feels like a conditioner
Alberto Balsam Honey and Almond Deep Conditioner. I use it as a leave in when I'm setting hair to dampen it.
Porosity Control. My hair loves it, okay?
IC Fantasia Heat Protectant serum. Love it. I sometimes use it when I'm not even heat styling.
Vitale Olive Oil Foam Wrap. My holding product. I love it because the hold is quite soft and I can brush it without issue.

MAJOR HITS:
Dabur Nourishing Treatment
Dabur Hot Oil Treatment

Thanks to DayStar

Great ingredients and effect for half the price of most 'natural' companies.

Back