~ FEBRUARY 2012 HITS & MISSES ~

Lita I got

Mocha silk infusion
Mocha hair milk
Destination hydration
And I re-uped on pre

My first impression of the mocha products were :lick:. They have a light cocoa scent. The hair milk is thick not like other hair milks. I can't wait to try them. I may use the destination hydration today instead of cj Argan and olive just to test it out.

Lita I got

Mocha silk infusion
Mocha hair milk
Destination hydration
And I re-uped on pre

My first impression of the mocha products were :lick:. They have a light cocoa scent. The hair milk is thick not like other hair milks. I can't wait to try them. I may use the destination hydration today instead of cj Argan and olive just to test it out.[/QUOTE

LuvlyRain3 Thanks,I orderd both mochas & 1 pre...Been wanting to try the pre for some time...How long do you leave the pre in?

Happy Hair Growing!

@Lita

I always use the Illipe 3n1 as a Leave-In. :lick:

I've been wanting to try it as a Cowash and/or DC'er (since it's Multi-functional), but I've always used it as a Leave-In.

Lita I've only used it as a prepoo once. I left it in for about an hour. I didn't much like it as a pre poo. I use mine to seal, baby my edges, for silk wraps after flat ironing, and to moisturize my cuticles.

Lita I've only used it as a prepoo once. I left it in for about an hour. I didn't much like it as a pre poo. I use mine to seal, baby my edges, for silk wraps after flat ironing, and to moisturize my cuticles.

LuvlyRain3 Thank you..I'm glad I have options with this one...

Happy Hair Growing!

Continued Hit-

*Shi Naturals-Edge grow serum..I love how it gives a nice tingle on my edges & keeps it moist..I use it as a pre poo too/sometimes I pour it over my whole scalp right before I Dc....

Happy Hair Growing!

Continued Hits:
Marie Dean Coffee & Kokum Deep Conditioner
Bear Fruit Hair's Red Wine Shine Rinse
Pure Jojoba Oil
Marie Dean's Illipe 3n1 Leave-In Conditioner

New Hit:
Hairitage Hydrations Cooling Chamommile "Calm Down Scalp Creme"
Strong Roots Pimento Oil

Miss:
Tryna' do a N/B during Valentine's Day Sales

Hits-

*Silk Dreams Mocha Dc-Texture thin/med cream,applies nicely,leaves no residue when washed out,adds shine,soften & detangles...Smells absolutely divine..I wish the texture was thicker,but it did a good job...

*Silk Dreams Mocha leave-in-Nice med cream texture,removes snags, doesn't weigh the hair down,aids in the softening process & moisturizes... Smells like Mocha Coconut..yum..You can also use it as a rinse-out or co-wash..

*Silk Dreams pre-I used this as a pre & applied it to my ends....It was fine as a pre/but love it on my ends..I will be using this on my ends..Talk about smooth-out...

Happy Hair Growing!

Hit:
Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper: soft, defined, frizz-free, clumpy curls
Getting back to what works for my hair

Continued Hit:
Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel

Neutral:
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk: it is okay, but has too many oils to properly moisturize my low porosity hair on its own. I will keep using it, but will not repurchase.

Hit
Coffee and tea rinses
Over night full head bagging

Miss
Air drying - I just can't seem to get it right. My hair always ends up feeling like straw so to prevent breakage I end up bunning it

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HIT:
Adding Blue Malva Flowers to my tea rinse. My hair (natural 4b) is plush, soft, bouncy and has shine. Who would have thunk it? Tea rinses in general have taken my hair to the next level. So in love with my hair right now -- I keep touching it to make sure its mine. Next up, I plan to brew a homemade tea spritz using distilled water, moringa tea, blue malva flowers, and hibiscus with a dash of MSM and lavender EO thrown in for good measures.

hit: avocado oil. simple things are always the best.

miss: cocoa butter. can't get to melt and mix this stuff the right way, and I feel build up.

Hit:
Devacurl One Conditioner: only used it and love it as a rinse out and co-wash conditioner
Eco Sevi Pumpkin Seed Deep Conditioner: it had no slip going on, but after about 3 mins my hair felt wonderful when rinsing it out and I could detangle with my fingers easily.

Neutral:
Seabuckthorn Berry Conditioner: too light for my hair; it very clear indicates this is for finer hair so this is my fault.

Miss:
The price of the Eco Sevi conditioners. I can only buy it on sale because at almost $2 an oz it is way above what I want to spend on a rinse-out or co-wash conditioner.

hit: using honey hemp conditioner as a leave in. ive been trying this as a leave in on and off for 3 years and its never worked for me. this time i sealed with cator and moringa oil and whatdoyaknow my hair is loving it.

miss: tigi hi-def curls conditioner(which i think used to be called foxy curls). see this is why i stick to all natural or mostly natural products. my hair can tell the difference. but im gonna use it again to make sure cause the smell alone is amazing and worth the $14.99 tj maxx price tag lmao. imma try it as a leave in too.

Revisited hit: DB daily leave-in.

New Hit: Tressemme naturals moisture conditioner.

Miss: Subduing my haulin' spirit during all these sales :nono:

So far, One N Only Hydrating Mask is a hit!!! I also like it as a leave in

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Hits: Using just a little leave in conditioner (cantu shea) and castor/coconut oil to seal and not touching my hair til it dry leaves soft formed almost frizz free curls without the stiffness and build-up of gel

Hit: CON Nourishing and Strengthening Treatment. I love it. Don't care for the smell but it works great. It gives a lot of slip and doesn't dry out my hair.

Miss: not your mother's sea salt beach waves texturizing spray.
I don't know why I thought it would be a good idea to put alcohol and salt and all kinds of chemical crap on my hair. I can't wait to cowash tonight!

Back