~ FEBRUARY 2012 HITS & MISSES ~

@IDareT'sHair I was ready to dislike when I first received it, the consistency seemed to light and liquidy to moisturize or detangle my hair efficiently, but I was so pleasantly surprised! I can't keep my hands out of my hair, it's so soft! But, I will have to make sure this isn't just a first and only time moment.

outspokenwallflower

This is my 3rd time buying this product. Twice I've swapped it because of what you just described. :look:

Both of the Posters I've swapped it with love it *and consider it a staple*:yep:

The last time I bought it (this BF) I said I'm going to keep it this time & actually try it.:lol:

Revisited hit- I have been going back to the things I loved when I first joined the boards. AtOne Botanical Reconstructor.....makes my hair feel like silk. I wish it came in a bigger bottle though.

HIT:
Mizani Thermasmooth Conditioner - this really left my hair pretty soft and that's without heat:yep:.

MISS:
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Shampoo - oooh chile, talk about leaving hair feeling rough and dry! Needless to say - I will not be buying this one again:nono:.

Miss:
Winter irritating my psoriasis. I tell you my scalp has been so itchy it's ridiculous thank God for the medicated shampoos cuz I don't know what I would do.

Hit:
My hair is doing excellent in spite of all the excessive shampooin.

Hit:
-One and Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask
-Olive and Coconut oil on dry hair prior to shampooing

Revisited Hit:
-Kerastase Oleo Relax Nuit leave-in

Continued Hits:
-Keracare hydrating/detangling poo
-Mizani Renew Strength poo
-Kerastase Masquintense

Continued Major Hits:

Claudie Hairline & Temple Balm Revitalizer
Claudie Iman Growth Hair Butter
Claudie Isha
Claudie Ends Insurance
Claudie Quinoa & Coffee Hair Creme

SUPER HITS:

Silk Dreams Mocha Masque
KeraCare Naturals Leave In
KeraCare Naturals Overnight Treatment
DermOrganic Argan Oil Masque
Joicio Blowdry Cream

Not a miss, not a repurchase:

Silk Dreams Mocha Milk

Hit:

scented bath oil to kill the smell of Shapley's M-T-G
mixing M-T-G into eco styler custard recipe for dripless application, no separation

Continued Major Hits:

Claudie Hairline & Temple Balm Revitalizer
Claudie Iman Growth Hair Butter
Claudie Isha
Claudie Ends Insurance
Claudie Quinoa & Coffee Hair Creme

IDareT'sHair
OHHHH, you makin me so jealous with all dat Claudies..:lachen:
Can you please tell me what's in that Iman growth butter and coffee creme? My PJs have come back with full force lately..lol!!

Hit:
Soakin my elastics in a ziplock bag with olive oil
Lanza Healing Noni Fruit Detangler - very moisturizing and smells very good. Helps to refresh my hair mid-week

Continued Hits:
Ovation Advanced Hair System
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine poo and conditioner
Ayurvedic paste and adding powders to my DC
Cassia Obovata

@IDareT'sHair
OHHHH, you makin me so jealous with all dat Claudies..:lachen:
Can you please tell me what's in that Iman growth butter and coffee creme? My PJs have come back with full force lately..lol!!

An_gell

I'll have to find a Jar of the Quinoa Coffee Creme, but here is the Iman Growth Butter:

Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Avocado Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil, Lecithin, Candelilia Wax, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, Black Pepper, Amla, Bhringraj, Peppermint, Rosemary, Neem, Sandalwood, Nettle, Hibiscus, Alfalfa, Lavender, Sage, Tocopherol, Thyme, Niacin, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Gycol.

Revisit Hit-

Bear Fruit-Espresso Stimulating Scalp Cream,Rich/creamy texture,gives a nice sensation on the scalp..Very soothing...

Happy Hair Growing!

I'll have to find a Jar of the Quinoa Coffee Creme, but here is the Iman Growth Butter:

Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Emu Oil, Aloe Vera Oil, Avocado Oil, Seabuckthorn Oil, Lecithin, Candelilia Wax, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang, Black Pepper, Amla, Bhringraj, Peppermint, Rosemary, Neem, Sandalwood, Nettle, Hibiscus, Alfalfa, Lavender, Sage, Tocopherol, Thyme, Niacin, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Gycol.

Wooooww. I haven't been seriously tempted to order products in a while but this ingredient list is crazy..

Misses:
Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner (simply put, this sucked)
Sweet Cocoa Bean Curl Smoothing Cream (this stuff made my hair ridiculously hard)

VIP Hits:
Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-in (the best leave-in I’ve ever encountered)
Elasta QP Creme Moisturizing Shampoo (my will stipulates that I am to be buried with this product)
Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo (a very good, non-stripping, highly concentrated pH-balancing & chelating shampoo)

Hit: Hairitage Hydration! So far I've used the silk and aloe cream, happy hemp, horsetail hair butter, and I got a sample of the sweet butter pomade. The pomade smells exactly like Oyin's burnt sugar pomade and works like it too (and I LOVE the burnt sugar pomade). I rollerset my hair with the horsetail and silk aloe. It can be a little oily together but I was experimenting. Either way my hair felt soooooft. I'm in love. I'm currently in a sew in and I moisturize my leave out with the silk and aloe. Next week I'll use the happy hemp, lol.

Continued hit: my water, aloe vera juice, and jbco mix. My hair truly loves aloe. Also, since my sew in I've added sulfur to it. I think I can go ahead and add sulfur as a hit as well. I got a deep trim in late October and I swear my hair is looking like it's catching up. I've added sublimed sulfur to my bee mine mixture as well. We'll see.

Miss: Damn near spending a good chunk of my tax return on products I'd like to experiment on (after I paid sallie mae of course). I'm perusing shescentit and shi naturals as I type....

Last edited:
Hit: Njoi's shea aloe butter
oil mixture ( who/lavendar jbco)

Still hitting:
Miss Jessies super sweet back treatment

Need to repurchase:
Afroveda twist lock and roll butter

MAJOR hit: bentonite clay mask - o.em.geeeeee, my hair and scalp were CLEAN, no stripped feeling, and there were curls all over the place. This is definitely an instant STAPLE!

Back