~ FEBRUARY 2012 HITS & MISSES ~

Ogoma

chebaby Had the exact same experience with this product.:nono:

I had crossed this one off my list (to try) based on Che & now your review.:ohwell:

My hair has never ever been this dry and it is the only thing different I have used in the last two weeks. I felt so panicked this morning. I have washed and I'll keep the DC in for a few hours and then steam.

I'll take Lita's advice and keep it aside until spring/summer, but I don't think my hair likes honey left in. I had a similar, but not as bad, experience with another leave-in with lots of honey in September.

BIG MISS:
Ion Reconstructor - this made my hair too hard and I think it was the animal keratin protein in it that did it. My hair reacts badly to this protein every single time and I cannot use it again:nono:. I have one, no actually 2 more uses left of it but I am going to chuck it.

Continued Hit:

BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil. This really makes my hair feel so soft during the week especially for my GHE baggying:lick:.

Hit
Hair Sense combs #222 and #206

Continued Hit
Avocado butter
Saravun Castor Cream
Oyin HH
Oil Rinsing

HITS:
Design Essentials Moisture retention poo
Shi-naturals growth potion light formula (doesnt build up on scalp)

Miss:
ORS wrap set mousse, drying

HIT:

-HOT with organic coconut oil -left my hair super soft and easy to detangle

-Claudie's End Insurance - I have had this for awhile and decided to try it love how it leaves my ends so soft.

-Ayurvedic paste- has reduced my shedding

-Bigen oriental black hair dye- every time I touch up my hair color with this I fall in love with it all over again. I just love the super black sultry look it gives my hair and me. Makes me feel so sexy yet mysterious..:lol: <3

-My pony tail getting longer :grin:

On the Fence:

Qhemet's Twist and hydrate butter - I don't think I have figured out how to properly use this. I don't do twist, haven't mastered that yet. So I thought it would make a good sealer but it left my hair feeling kinda waxy so I don't know I'm gonna keep tryin. It smells really good though, if it doesn't work on my hair I will just use as a body butter.

Last edited:
BIG MISS:
Ion Reconstructor - this made my hair too hard and I think it was the animal keratin protein in it that did it. My hair reacts badly to this protein every single time and I cannot use it again:nono:. I have one, no actually 2 more uses left of it but I am going to chuck it.

Yea the ion with the animal protein is a pretty strong product. i save it when my hair is on the brink of being overconditioned. Ion has a reconstructor with keratin thats not as heavy that i use regularly tho

Yea the ion with the animal protein is a pretty strong product. i save it when my hair is on the brink of being overconditioned. Ion has a reconstructor with keratin thats not as heavy that i use regularly tho

@Aggie Ion effective care has both reconstructing and moisture properties in it. I used to use it

poochie167 and chelleypie810.

Thanks so much ladies for the info on the other Ion protein conditioners but I think I will be sticking with my Dudley's DRC28, Keracare Super Reconstructor, and Duo Tek Protein conditioners from now on.

I have some other milder proteins as well so I'm good with protein treatments for a loooooooong while.

I wanted to use up the Ion Reconstructor until it was finished but after the last treatment with it, I was like :nono: can't do it.

Thanks again.

Hits-

*Hairitage-Soft & Creamy Macadamia/Lavender Hair Butter,Very creamy but,light,goes on well,smells sweet,really kept my ends moist & sleek,with-out weighing my hair down..I perfer to use this on damp or wet hair...

Continued Hits-

*Hairitage-Cooling down cream,I like this one a lot better because you can feel the tingle & its a lot softer..Texture,fluffy whipped butter (soft)..

*Marie Dean-Calendula Chamomile Dc (protein free)..Texture very dense whipped cream,I mean dense.. little goes a long way,must use on wet hair,scent wild flowers,it did a nice job detangling,soft hair (took time) to wash out but,rinsed clean,you can finger comb after/no problems....
IDareT'sHair^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*I HAVE ONE MORE MARIE DEAN Dc TO TRY,then I'll give my top 5...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
2012 Newest Hit:

Marie Dean Coffee & Kokum DC'er

Revisited Hit:

Oyin Honey Hemp for Cowashing
Jessicurl Too Shea! for Cowashing
Coffee Rinses
Tea Rinses
ACV Rinses
JBCO w/Pimento Oil

Miss:

Tryna' Haul-Less

Hit:

Hairsense Seamless combs- I will never go back to regular combs again. I lost way less hair and had only a few broken hairs.

Hairitage hydration soft and creamy macadamia and lavender butter- makes my hair extra soft

Continued hits

Donna Marie curling creme- I always get three day hair with this stuff. Shooting for 5 this time around.

Sd vanilla silk- still one of the best dcs I own.

Pre- I use this for everything (except prepooing) I even rub it into my cuticles (nail fanatic)

Cj repair me- still a staple. I need for aveyou to have sale so I can stock up.

Continued Hits-

*Ceramides-Rice bran,Walnut,Hemp seed..

*Coffee containing hair products/rinses...Hair is really thriving from it..

*KeraCare-Sulfate free (moisturizing poo)

*Kyras-Hemp poo bar, Shea poo bar & Goats Milk poo bar

*Chi-silk infusion to flat ion..

*Detangling hair under hot water..Perfect!

*Applying leave-ins on wet hair

Happy Hair Growing!

HIT SheScentit honey rinse as a dc

CONTINUED HIT
Bask Tapioca cream as moisturizer

RELAXED HIT TURNED NATURAL HIT:
Alter Ego Energizing/Rebalancing Cream as a leave in

Computer Blue - SSI Honey Rinse sounds nice.

BIG MISS:

Aggie, I am very protein sensitive but Ion works for me for some strange reason. I use it as directed, though. I don't play with proteins. DCners, however, I let those stay on until I get tired without any concern for what the directions say.

Continued Hit:
Amla/Wheat Germ prepoo

New Hit:
Crisco for sealing
BFH Desert Moisturizer & LI

Miss:
None this week, not yet anyway

Hits:
Daily wet bunning - my ends feel good, I did a major trim over the weekend and it's time for me to preserve these ends!

It's perfectly natural tea spritz - the acv in it makes it stank but I like it lol

These products aren't bad but Im just not a fan:
Curl Junkie Smoothing Conditioner - I don't get the same moisture that I get with the argan and olive.

Njoi Creations green tea hair creme - it's way too thick for me!

HITS: Moisturizing with water, NTM Leave-In & coconut oil (mist and massage water into a section of hair, then apply combination of leave-in and coconut oil...soft and shiny hair!)

MISSES: Luster's Renutrients Stick (really gross), the EZ Comb, hair bungees/ponytail hooks...basically any hair toy that isn't a scrunchie I don't understand :lol:

Hit

Silk dreams shipping- ordered on Tuesday shipped out on Wednesday got them on Friday.... And during a sale

Lita

This DC'er....My Oh My!:lick:

It's absolutely wonderful. This is my 2nd Jar. It's totally amazing. And Yes, you must get it.

Please & Thank You.:lol:

Back