DWB: DATING while Black

Syrah

Straight up: Has anyone had to confront misconceptions about dating a black/hispanic woman??

We all know the dating while black affects the men - latin men and the "latin lover" thing (can you imagine being Puerto Rican and BAD in bed) mandingo complex and sex (being a brother with a itty bitty thang) etc.

How does it affect the sisters? Does it affect us at all?? Have you ever dated a non-black man who was surprised to find out that the "angry black woman" wasn't genetic??

I didn't have to confront any misconceptions about black women when I was dating.

I wonder if dating is really as hard as I hear that it is?

I had a black guy tell me that I act like a WHITE girl because I'm very affectionate and touchy-feely!:blush:

That was the first and last time we made out -:ohwell:- I guess the black girls he was used to just went straight for the "dew".

Dudes be thinking I can cook my a$$ off when in reality, I'm just really good at ordering! :spinning:

That's funny. I had one dude express surprise when he asked where I wanted to go for dinner and

I said "how about Sushi?" and
he said "you mean like SUSHI sushi or California Rolls" and
I said "SUSHI sushi"
:::Pause:::
he said

"I didn't know black girls liked SUSHI sushi". :look:

Thinking I was going to "give it up" readily...ummm no, with that attitude, you're not touching me! :nono: I actually had a guy wonder why not, black women are supposed to want it nonstop.
He found out the hard way that's a stupid sterotype.

Back