*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
awwww...Br*nze missed us! I had my cocktail today around 12. For the past few days I have went back to one cocktail. I might bump it back up to 2. not sure yet. it was delish!

my bf had a small sip of my cocktail yesterday. it tasted like a thick banana creme pie milkshake. i was grinning from ear to ear the whole time i was sipping it.

I'm still doing the back reading, but just wanted to say I was so moved by the results and testimonials about skin, increased hair volume and body changes that I had my first WL shake today.

My ingredients:
1 raw organic egg
5g chlorella
125ml (1/2 cup) rice milk
125ml (1/2 cup) carrot, orange and mango juices
2 tbsp wheatgerm flakes
1 tbsp wheatgerm oil

I tasted it, and I was in heaven, there was nothing yucky about it, I am totally psyched! I had it at 7:30, and I was full for a long time after. Survived on some org yofu, a few dried figs, and a cup of tea till a late lunch at about 2pm. Normally I NEED to go get lunch by about 1, usually I'm ravenous by then. I believe the chlorella helped with the feeling of fullness too as its high in protein. Thanks for all the information and for starting this thread Br*nzeB! Can't wait for my next smoothie!

I'm glad you didn't like it b/c in Dale Alexander's book he specifically
said not to use grapefruit juice. Come to think of it I believe he said no citric juice. Glad I use the last of my orange juice this morning. Starting 2morrow I will replace it with pineapple juice.

Does Dale give a reason for not using the juice of citrus fruits?

awwww...Br*nze missed us! I had my cocktail today around 12. For the past few days I have went back to one cocktail. I might bump it back up to 2. not sure yet. it was delish!

Yes, I did. It was hard to come here and hear crickets *:look:*

my bf had a small sip of my cocktail yesterday. it tasted like a thick banana creme pie milkshake. i was grinning from ear to ear the whole time i was sipping it.
Enuf, already. Dang that sounds soo good!

I'm still doing the back reading, but just wanted to say I was so moved by the results and testimonials about skin, increased hair volume and body changes that I had my first WL shake today.

My ingredients:
1 raw organic egg
5g chlorella
125ml (1/2 cup) rice milk
125ml (1/2 cup) carrot, orange and mango juices
2 tbsp wheatgerm flakes
1 tbsp wheatgerm oil

I tasted it, and I was in heaven, there was nothing yucky about it, I am totally psyched! I had it at 7:30, and I was full for a long time after. Survived on some org yofu, a few dried figs, and a cup of tea till a late lunch at about 2pm. Normally I NEED to go get lunch by about 1, usually I'm ravenous by then. I believe the chlorella helped with the feeling of fullness too as its high in protein. Thanks for all the information and for starting this thread Br*nzeB! Can't wait for my next smoothie!

~Welcome Egglette Pookiwah to our Nest~

Does Dale give a reason for not using the juice of citrus fruits?
I believe it had something to do with citric acid absorbing the nutrients before the body had a chance to assimilate it. I'll try to double check it...

Okay, got my cocktail on...I may bkt my hair bcs it is getting more and more difficult to rock my wash'n'go bun...like, way too much work....i'm a low-maintenance hair kinda girl, and it's taking me a minute to smooth all that hair up...

Checking in. Made my daily shake of:

1 large egg
Designer Whey Protein (4/5 scoop)
1/2 banana
2 1/2 large strawberries
5 oz unsweetened soy milk.

It was so yummy as usual! I know I need to do more cardio though. I'm scared of gaining even more weight... yet, I never miss a day of weight training. I have not been using wheat germ or wheat germ oil. Maybe I will go to Whole Foods tomorrow and finally take the wheat germ plunge.

ETA: When I started doing this shake stuff, my hair was above BSL. It's May now and I am past BSL. Please check my pics in my Fotki. It's working! :D

hey ladies :wave:

i thought i'd check in on this amazing thread, i've been following it religiously ad have been a secret egglette since March, I have not missed a single day :grin:

the thickness of my hair is AMAZING!! I notice a lot of growth too.:yep:

who has noticed that the middle of the head is growing in at a faster rate? you also feel your folicles pulsing throughout the day!

i stick to the original recipe and love it, as it is my breakfast every morning!
drinking my shake comes so natural to me, i cannot do without it.

i love all the health benefits, off to order more supplies, as i'm running out of them :user:

thank you all for all the information and love in this great thread

:rosebud:

i thought i'd check in on this amazing thread, i've been following it religiously ad have been a secret egglette since March, I have not missed a single day :grin:

who has noticed that the middle of the head is growing in at a faster rate? you also feel your folicles pulsing throughout the day!

i stick to the original recipe and love it, as it is my breakfast every morning!

i love all the health benefits, off to order more supplies, as i'm running out of them :user:

thanks for pointing this out...i've been meaning to address it myself but didn't know how else to describe it. It feels like my hair is actually "moving" or something is moving along my scalp. I don't know how else to put it. Some areas also feel more tender than others, and the crown has been a bit unruly lately...but that's always been the difficult section for me to detangle. Now it is taking a bit longer, but I don't mind it. I just find a way to adapt and find something to watch or another way to occupy my time. I look at is as an investment I have to make if I want long, flowing, healthy, thick, natural hair.

I think I am going to have a second shake later tonight. I had a breakfast shake and then ate pretty light the rest of the day.

thanks for pointing this out...i've been meaning to address it myself but didn't know how else to describe it. It feels like my hair is actually "moving" or something is moving along my scalp. I don't know how else to put it. Some areas also feel more tender than others, and the crown has been a bit unruly lately...but that's always been the difficult section for me to detangle. Now it is taking a bit longer, but I don't mind it. I just find a way to adapt and find something to watch or another way to occupy my time. I look at is as an investment I have to make if I want long, flowing, healthy, thick, natural hair.

I think I am going to have a second shake later tonight. I had a breakfast shake and then ate pretty light the rest of the day.

your welcome. the sensation is strange, like a strong pulse rate. our follicles are working over time. lol :lol:

Hey ladies, how long had you been drinking your shakes before you felt the pulsing scalp sensation?

I have this every now and then but currently its either from my essential oil mix or drinking/rinsing with nettle tea. Day 2 of my shake, I put my whole daily dose of CHL in today, my shake was really green, but still yummy and I will be full for hours!

SNEAKY SNEAKY!! :lachen: See you would have busted out wit all this LONG hair on the forum, and we would have been like.....:blush::whyme: where tha heck did ALL THAT come from!!?? LOL Welcome Egglette Blaque*Angel!!! Oh yea I got my shake in this morning too!

SNEAKY SNEAKY!! :lachen: See you would have busted out wit all this LONG hair on the forum, and we would have been like.....:blush::whyme: where tha heck did ALL THAT come from!!?? LOL Welcome Egglette Blaque*Angel!!! Oh yea I got my shake in this morning too!

heehee :giggle: thanks for the welcome!

sunbubbles, there are probably lots of secret/closet Egglettes! :lachen: And welcome aboard, Blaque*Angel...I forgot to welcome you with all the excitement about someone else having the scalp pulsations.

Pookiwah, I can't speak for everyone else because I imagine the results are different for everybody. However, I started the cocktail on april 11th, so next week monday will make it one month for me. I think I started paying attention to the weird scalp feelings about 2 weeks in. It has been that way ever since and I am always doing the "itchy weave pat" even though I have none.

ladies, get your drink on!!!

i am going to make mine right now!

Is your hair thick throughout or just the new growth is?

Angelicus....Wow, your hair really has had a new beginning. It's lushous! Congrats on such good growth and thanks for letting us know of your progress. I really liked my cocktail with whey, but i was gettin' a lil' too juicy in the...well, you know what i mean...

I had to let it go....but, Man, it was good! Strawberry banana is my absolute fav.

Yep. It's workin' :yep:

Checking in. Made my daily shake of:

1 large egg
Designer Whey Protein (4/5 scoop)
1/2 banana
2 1/2 large strawberries
5 oz unsweetened soy milk.

It was so yummy as usual! I know I need to do more cardio though. I'm scared of gaining even more weight... yet, I never miss a day of weight training. I have not been using wheat germ or wheat germ oil. Maybe I will go to Whole Foods tomorrow and finally take the wheat germ plunge.

ETA: When I started doing this shake stuff, my hair was above BSL. It's May now and I am past BSL. Please check my pics in my Fotki. It's working! :D

I luv u, Blaque*Angel....you're amazing...

I agree with the pulsing in the scalp, thingy, i've felt that. You have not missed since March?!?! You've got me beat. But that's okay, i'm on it...i'm in it to win it. And yes, my body missed the cocktail, I was absolutely run-down last week, and i just lately realized why...:nono:. Once you start, you just can't stop.

I have had the creep crawly scalp for months, now. I never really attributed it to anything in particular, but, I too, do the weave-pat on my head to keep from digging in my scalp, but sometimes, I just can't resist, i'll shove just about anything in there to get to that crown, LOL~ I've had this sensation for so long, it must have started right after October, when i started the cocktail.

OK, yesterday evening I saw myself on video from Christmas '07...and my hair was gorgeous! It was so heavy and full and bsl...I became very, very sad...it made me feel like my hair is just pitiful, I had to shake it off...

~ so now, I'm now looking forward - even more- to what the future holds for me and my hair. I just had to share that with my Sistas.

Hello Ladies...

I've been following your posts since I think Nov. I have even tried the shake for a week, but couldn't stick with it (just wasn't disciplined enough) Thinking about starting again as I still have many of the ingredients.

When or has anyone post progress pics? I think I recall in an earlier post the big reveal was going to be in April. I would really luv to see how you all are making out with the shake as I need some inspiration to take it back up again.

Oh...did any of you ever make the hair growth salad referened in the book? If so, how did that turn out and was it tasty and easy to make?

Bronze, your hair is even going to be more amazing than Dec 07. I truly believe our hair is being nourished inside of the strand and being strengthened.

I'm drinking my shake now. Earlier this morning, I was in the bathroom and pulled out a few shedded hairs from the front of my braids that were sticking out. One strand was THICK and very dark. I wanted to see how easy it would snap. So, I tried to snap it, but the hair would NOT break. I wrapped it around my finger, pulled, nothing, wrapped it around again, and still nothing. I then started thinking maybe it was part of the synthetic hair, but it wasn't because it had the white bulb attached to one end. I was finally able to break it after using my nails to pull it.

There was another shed hair that was thinner than the previous one, again, it was very hard to break as well. To me, this is a sign that my hair is really gaining strength, because prior to this drink, my hair would have snapped as soon as I tried to pull even lightly.

And in regards to the scalp pulsating experience, I don't remember feeling my scalp do that, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe my follicles are communicating to me in other ways.

Hello Ladies...

I've been following your posts since I think Nov. I have even tried the shake for a week, but couldn't stick with it (just wasn't disciplined enough) Thinking about starting again as I still have many of the ingredients.

When or has anyone post progress pics? I think I recall in an earlier post the big reveal was going to be in April. I would really luv to see how you all are making out with the shake as I need some inspiration to take it back up again.

Oh...did any of you ever make the hair growth salad referened in the book? If so, how did that turn out and was it tasty and easy to make?

Hey, Pheonix,
yep some of us posted, i didn't have a camera :perplexed:ohwell: after purchasing one specifically for this :nono: anyhoo~ You'll have to do a search, but PuffyBrown posted progress pics, so did Essensual, Angelicus, (I did in December, after cutting a few inches off - i started my drink in October)..I forget others, but you may have to just seek n' find, sorry.

Dive back in, you'll be happy you did. Trust us, your hair will do amazing things. A-MAZ-ING things.

I never made the salad. I'd like to, the number of ingredients turn me off, big time...but I bet it is sooo worth it.

For those interested, I posted
*the Waistlength Hair Diet Menu,
*Waistlength Salad Menu and
*"How I Recovered from Alopecia"
information on page #1 of this thread...

Bronze, your hair is even going to be more amazing than Dec 07. I truly believe our hair is being nourished inside of the strand and being strengthened.

I'm drinking my shake now. Earlier this morning, I was in the bathroom and pulled out a few shedded hairs from the front of my braids that were sticking out. One strand was THICK and very dark. I wanted to see how easy it would snap. So, I tried to snap it, but the hair would NOT break. I wrapped it around my finger, pulled, nothing, wrapped it around again, and still nothing. I then started thinking maybe it was part of the synthetic hair, but it wasn't because it had the white bulb attached to one end. I was finally able to break it after using my nails to pull it.

There was another shed hair that was thinner than the previous one, again, it was very hard to break as well. To me, this is a sign that my hair is really gaining strength, because prior to this drink, my hair would have snapped as soon as I tried to pull even lightly.

And in regards to the scalp pulsating experience, I don't remember feeling my scalp do that, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe my follicles are communicating to me in other ways.

Thanks, Tallnomad, I believe you. I remember the dream I had and the interpretations you guys gave me of it....I hold on to that. Thank you for the encouragement. That was a real bummer. I was stunned. You kinda forget what things looked like...that's why taking pictures is sooo important. It's the truth.

Hi all... I just made the shake today after months of thinking about and lurking in here. And I couldnt drink it... where can I find the wheat germ root because the oil makes want throw up. It looked good but I had to throw it down the toliet. If I just do alot of the wheat germ will it be the same as the oil because the scent of it make want to vomit. Maybe I'll try like two teaspoons of the oil because I already have it. I want to drink it but I need some suggestions to make it smell and taste better.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:@secret closet egglettes. Maybe we will become obsessed and need therapy like an EA (Egglet Annonymous) intervention.:lachen::lachen:
sunbubbles, there are probably lots of secret/closet Egglettes! :lachen: And welcome aboard, Blaque*Angel...I forgot to welcome you with all the excitement about someone else having the scalp pulsations.

Pookiwah, I can't speak for everyone else because I imagine the results are different for everybody. However, I started the cocktail on april 11th, so next week monday will make it one month for me. I think I started paying attention to the weird scalp feelings about 2 weeks in. It has been that way ever since and I am always doing the "itchy weave pat" even though I have none.

ladies, get your drink on!!!

i am going to make mine right now!

Hi everybody, just checking in. I haven't gotten caught up on the posts but I see I better hurry because the posts are piling up on me. Just wanted to give a shout out to all the new Egglettes. Thanks for taking this journey with us. I am happy with the health quality of my hair. Lenghtwise, it is coming along, but my hair is definatly healther, shiner and stronger. Welcome again.

Bronze, how's your drink going?

Hi all... I just made the shake today after months of thinking about and lurking in here. And I couldnt drink it... where can I find the wheat germ root because the oil makes want throw up. It looked good but I had to throw it down the toliet. If I just do alot of the wheat germ will it be the same as the oil because the scent of it make want to vomit. Maybe I'll try like two teaspoons of the oil because I already have it. I want to drink it but I need some suggestions to make it smell and taste better.

Hey, Reena, thanks for taking the first step. You'll get there. Which oil are you taking? Viobin is pretty putrid. Try NOW Brand. It's odorless/tasteless - much easier to take. Try it without the oil and after a couple of weeks, add a tiny bit of the oil, like a drop and work your way up. Had you drank it and not inhaled it, you would have been pleasantly surprised at the taste. Also, you can add fresh fruit or sugarless chocolate or strawberry syrup -it's cheap and works WONDERS!

~Welcome Egglette Reena to our Nest~

Back