*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Puffy, your hair looks wonderful!

My goal come end of summer or the first part of the fall is to start getting my hair pressed. I'd like to only apply heat once a month as well.

Do you mind explaining your regimen? Are you natural or relaxed?

Thank you!

wow...great progress puffybrown! i was actually gonna ask some of you when we were going to be able to see some reveal pics...ahem...br*nze especially...

i know a few of you posted mini-update pics throughout the thread but being that i was still on the low-low with my membership i was not able to view them. i guess i could sift back through the thread to try to find them but....forget that! I'll just babysit the egg cocktail reveal pics thread instead.

PuffyBrown...I am so sorry your hair thinned out from wearing wigs. I have noticed a lot of you ladies say that. what is exactly causing this? I thought that wigs were a great protective style. some people swear by them. I wore a wig a few times this past winter and I didn't have any problems, but then my hair was drenched in conditioner under the wig cap.

It is of no consquence now, because it looks like thin, fragile, weak and broken hair is no match for the mighty egg cocktail. so get your drink on!!!!

or should i say, keep getting your drink on. and whenever you feel like you want to skip it or get lazy, think about your progress pic and your goals and then keep chugging along.

Thanks ladies for all your support, it really goes a long way.

My goal come end of summer or the first part of the fall is to start getting my hair pressed. I'd like to only apply heat once a month as well.

Do you mind explaining your regimen? Are you natural or relaxed?

Thank you![/quote]

Tallnomad thanks again for your compliments.
My regimen is to wash and do a good DC once per week.
I used to have a mid week DC but my hair just cannot take it, plus my hair pushes back on moisturizer :ohwell:. I have a protein treatment with Nexxus Aloxxi Emergency or Affirms 5 n 1. I rollerset my hair with each wash unless it is a day for flatironing which is rare. I rollerset with flexirods or perm rods so that I get little curls on my head. They last for quite a few days so I don't have to comb my hair. I would like to see BSL this time next year if the Lord sees fit. Either way, I just want healthy hair and especially to grow my thickness back.

wow...great progress puffybrown! i was actually gonna ask some of you when we were going to be able to see some reveal pics...ahem...br*nze especially...

i know a few of you posted mini-update pics throughout the thread but being that i was still on the low-low with my membership i was not able to view them. i guess i could sift back through the thread to try to find them but....forget that! I'll just babysit the egg cocktail reveal pics thread instead.

PuffyBrown...I am so sorry your hair thinned out from wearing wigs. I have noticed a lot of you ladies say that. what is exactly causing this? I thought that wigs were a great protective style. some people swear by them. I wore a wig a few times this past winter and I didn't have any problems, but then my hair was drenched in conditioner under the wig cap.

It is of no consquence now, because it looks like thin, fragile, weak and broken hair is no match for the mighty egg cocktail. so get your drink on!!!!

or should i say, keep getting your drink on. and whenever you feel like you want to skip it or get lazy, think about your progress pic and your goals and then keep chugging along.

My problem with the wig, and I am sure of it was because I wore it everyday for 6 months. I heard that you are supposed to give your hair a break occassionally. I wore a silk bonnet underneath. It doesn't look bad, I just know how my hair is supposed to look. Unless I say something, no one knows the difference. I am definately going to stick with my cocktail. I need to start taking my vitamins again but I always forget to. Same thing with the MT, I forget to do this kind of stuff. Needless to say that my hair still grows.

Well stated, SCocoa, we got ourselves a Cheerleader!

"Shish Boom Bah, The Waistlength Cocktail Rocks!"
*that was supposed to rhyme* (lol)

It is of no consquence now, because it looks like thin, fragile, weak and broken hair is no match for the mighty egg cocktail. Amen! so get your drink on!!!!

or should i say, keep getting your drink on <<<Wise Words. and whenever you feel like you want to skip it or get lazy, think about your progress pic and your goals and then keep chugging along.

Hi Ladies,

Puffy, I just want to give you props on your hair girl, I am so proud of your growth, just keep on keeping on girl! As for me, I am blessed you all. I just lost my Grandfather this weekend, he was 91 and my grandmother in Dec. She was 92. I lost my aunt just before her and my uncle is in the hospital right now suffering from colon cancer and his prognosis is not good but that is ok because I know a healer, and his name is Jesus. The deaths have hit me hard because I am so far away from my family and I feel so helpless at times but God sustains and comforts me so I don't have to worry! I just give him praise for allowing my grandparents to have a long and wonderful life. I am almost 40 (in 2 yrs) and still had my grandparents around, I think that is wonderful.

Both of them passed away with no pain and no sickness, my grandmother passed out on the floor and my grandfather just passed away in the night. So I am sorry for such a long post but I just wanted to share with you all because I feel that the Holy Spirit abides here and I feel comfortable with you all. Thank you for listening and may God bless all of you and yours.

Oh, and my shake is a daily "requirement", got to have it!

HH

Hi Ladies,

Puffy, I just want to give you props on your hair girl, I am so proud of your growth, just keep on keeping on girl! As for me, I am blessed you all. I just lost my Grandfather this weekend, he was 91 and my grandmother in Dec. She was 92. I lost my aunt just before her and my uncle is in the hospital right now suffering from colon cancer and his prognosis is not good but that is ok because I know a healer, and his name is Jesus. The deaths have hit me hard because I am so far away from my family and I feel so helpless at times but God sustains and comforts me so I don't have to worry! I just give him praise for allowing my grandparents to have a long and wonderful life. I am almost 40 (in 2 yrs) and still had my grandparents around, I think that is wonderful.

Both of them passed away with no pain and no sickness, my grandmother passed out on the floor and my grandfather just passed away in the night. So I am sorry for such a long post but I just wanted to share with you all because I feel that the Holy Spirit abides here and I feel comfortable with you all. Thank you for listening and may God bless all of you and yours.

HH
^^^ Your post touched my soul deeply.

Thank you for giving ALL credit to whom credit is due!

Keep growing in The Lord and keep growing that long, lucious, thick hair that will be waist length very, very soon!

Oh, HairHustla,

I know what it feels like for a Beloved Grandparent to go on to be with The Lord, My Mame' went home February 5, 2009. Her memorial service was on my anniversary, Valentine's Day. She had a wonderful celebration, it was simply beautiful. I was just thinking of her a few moments ago and how i felt privileged that her memorial service was on the day recognized by Love - The Best Thing She Gave all 200 of her grandchildren, 12 of her children and 130 great grandchildren...- And I feel honored, that I will always remember her when my DH and I reflect on our "Day of Love"

- God has truly blessed you just as he has blessed me and my family. Thanks for sharing, and yes, Holy Spirit resides in this place.

Blessings and {HUGS} to you and yours~

Hi Ladies,

HH

LoV~ As always, thank you for reaching out. Miss ya, girlie.

Keep growing in The Lord and keep growing that long, lucious, thick hair that will be waist length very, very soon!

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted in awhile. Dealing with some hair setbacks, but I'm still going strong with my shake.

HHustla, sending you hugs and thanks for sharing your story.

Hey, Yodie~ I'm chasing you!

I just sent you a shout out in chl thread! Glad you're back~

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted in awhile. Dealing with some hair setbacks, but I'm still going strong with my shake.

HHustla, sending you hugs and thanks for sharing your story.

Hey, Yodie~ I'm chasing you!

I just sent you a shout out in chl thread! Glad you're back~

Hi Bronze,

Glad to be back! Thanks for that shout out. I'm definitely keeping it simple this time around and nurturing my hair. The positive in having a setback is that you learn what is and isn't good for your hair.

:curtain: I'm just peaking in...I just have one question then I'll go back and read from the beginning.

Are you making your shakes with egg whites or the entire egg.

Is anyone concerned with salmonella exposure ?

Well stated, SCocoa, we got ourselves a Cheerleader!

"Shish Boom Bah, The Waistlength Cocktail Rocks!"
*that was supposed to rhyme* (lol)

lol....hey it works for me! Cheerleader? I'll be that! Br*nze is the resident diplomat/PR rep of the thread. Go ahead and field that question about the salmonella exposure...you know you want to! :lachen:

Oh, and come on with the come on already....{talking about revealing your six month results pics}...

I'm sorry let me pipe down. I'm just a little delirious from hunger ladies. Off to make myself a second egg cocktail. :guiness:

Lady of Virtue,

Your name says it all. This is good for me, I am so glad to have been able to share this with you ladies and I thank you so much for your support. I can't say enough about how the Lord has kept me and my family, he is GOOD you all, and I will never forget his kindness. You all be blessed. :yep:

:curtain: I'm just peaking in...I just have one question then I'll go back and read from the beginning.

Most of us are drinking the entire raw egg. Salmonella exposure was covered throughout the thread somewhere. We came to the conclusion that it wasn't an issue. You'll see it in the thread or one of the ladies will chime in.

Oh, HairHustla,

I know what it feels like for a Beloved Grandparent to go on to be with The Lord, My Mame' went home February 5, 2009. Her memorial service was on my anniversary, Valentine's Day. She had a wonderful celebration, it was simply beautiful. I was just thinking of her a few moments ago and how i felt privileged that her memorial service was on the day recognized by Love - The Best Thing She Gave all 200 of her grandchildren, 12 of her children and 130 great grandchildren...- And I feel honored, that I will always remember her when my DH and I reflect on our "Day of Love"

- God has truly blessed you just as he has blessed me and my family. Thanks for sharing, and yes, Holy Spirit resides in this place.

Blessings and {HUGS} to you and yours~

LoV~ As always, thank you for reaching out. Miss ya, girlie.

Bronze,

I did not know that about your Grandmother, girl I am so sorry too but you know what, I feel that our Grandparents have had their "graduation day", they have earned their place with the Lord. Thank you so much for your kindness as well, it truly helps and this is more than just a hair board, this is a HEALING board, we heal our HAIR of course, we heal our minds, we heal our bodies and our souls. We do this in the spirit of companionship and unity. It is a true blessing. Thank you ladies for everything that you ARE AND EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO. :yep:

Great job, Puffy! Your hair is making fantastic progress! I know that cocktail is working for you!! Keep up the good efforts, cause all your hard work is definitely paying off!! Will be drinking my cocktail later today...

I use the entire raw egg. There are others using powdered eggs, still others using egg whites or egg yolks. We've covered the salmonella question, and all is good. None have been harmed, and it's simply a matter of choice.

I've never been sick and no one has gotten salmonella poisoning, Thank God. We have learned the chance of exposure to salmonella is really really really slim. Washing the egg in hot water before using kills the bacteria that could cause this. But, I don't even do that much - I just crack it open and blend it up. You won't notice the egg, let alone taste it.

HTH~

Hairhustla and Bronze--hugs to both of you.

I was just thinking of my grandparents yesterday. I have no more, but I think of them all of the time.

You were both blessed to have them these many years. Grandparents are SO special and I had some fabulous times with mine. I can count my grandmother as my most favorite person in the world.

So be blessed and rejoice that they are still sending love your way.

Lift up my nephew, Mark, he is being sent to another facility until he stabilizes. This could be very unsettling, but I believe what looks like a setback is a set-up for a comeback. Keep us lifted, keep us lifted. We have a meeting with his care staff tomorrow.

g'nite and God Bless~
~B*

Last edited:
Lift up my nephew, Mark, he is being sent to another facility until he stabilizes. This could be very unsettling, but I believe what looks like a setback is a set-up for a comeback. Keep us lifted, keep us lifted. We have a meeting with his care staff tomorrow.

g'nite and God Bless~
~B*

Sending love and prayers your way, Bronze for you and your family.

Stella, I see you~

Your hair is making excellent progress, too.

Great job, Puffy! Your hair is making fantastic progress! I know that cocktail is working for you!! Keep up the good efforts, cause all your hard work is definitely paying off!! Will be drinking my cocktail later today...

Back