*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Now this looks absolutely wonderful. I will definately be getting some of this this weekend

Just wanted to report that I am back on my shake faithfully, I took a few days off from it for lack of supplies. I have added a fruit powder from iherb to the shake along with my chlorella and spirulina so I am getting a power packed healthy hair and body shake in the mornings. I just recently got my hair trimmed so I will be able to track growth from here on out. Here is the fruit powder, it helps with the taste as well:

Contains:
  • Freeze-Dried Goji
  • Wild-Harvested Açaí
  • Freeze-Dried Mangosteen
  • Seabuckthorn Juice Powder
  • Full-Spectrum, Certified Organic, Freeze-Dried Wild SuperBerries & SuperFruits
  • Extracts of Pomegranate & Mangosteen

Supports:
  • Health & Well-Being*
  • Free Radical Scavenging*
100% Natural -- No added sugars, flavors, artificial sweeteners or colors of any kind!

Our Unique Exotic SuperFruit Blend contains: Freeze-Dried Goji Berry (Lycium barbarum) Juice Powder – Goji Berries contain: Beta-carotene & Zeaxanthin, Trace Vitamins, Minerals, Amino Acids, Essential Fatty Acids & Polysaccharides. These berries support: Healthy Immune Function, Healthy Energy Levels & Healthy Aging.*

Wild-Harvested, Freeze-Dried Açaí Berry (Euterpa oleracea) Powder – This little purple berry from the Brazilian Rainforest contains: significant amounts of Protein, Anthocyanins (powerful antioxidants), Essential Fatty Acids & Dietary Fiber. Açaí supports: Cardiovascular Health, Healthy Inflammatory Response & Free Radical Scavenging.*

Freeze-Dried Mangosteen Fruit (Garcinia mangostana) Powder – Native to Southeast Asia, and known as the “Queen of Fruits”, its taste is indescribably delicious. Used primarily to enhance the flavor profile of this formula.

Seabuckthorn Juice (Hippophae rhamnoides) Powder – The Yellow/Orange Seabuckthorn Berry is native to Eurasia and contains: Fat & Water Soluble Vitamins (most importantly Vitamin C), Minerals, Essential Fatty Acids, Protein, Flavonoids & Polyphenols and a number of key phytonutrients.

Our Proprietary Certified Organic, Freeze-Dried High-Latitude Wild SuperBerry and SuperFruit Blend contains:

• Wild Bilberry & Wild Blueberry Powder – These closely-related berries contain high levels of Anthocyanin pigments and a diverse range of micronutrients and phytochemicals.
  • Wild Lingonberry Powder – Contains Vitamin C, beta-carotene & phytochemiicals.
  • Black Currant Powder – This dark purple/black berry has significant amounts of Vitamin C.
  • Aronia (Chokeberry) Powder – This deep purple berry is high in Anthocyanins and Proanthocyanidins.
  • Pomegranate Powder – The Juicy Arils (seeds) of this fruit contain Vitamin C, Punicalagins & Ellagic Acid.
  • Concord Grape Powder – This purple grape contains Resveratrol and other Antioxidant compounds.
  • Sour Cherry Powder – This deep red cherry contains naturally occurring Melatonin & high levels of Anthocyanins.
  • Wild Elderberry Powder – This berry is best-known for its immune-supportive properties.*
  • Wild Cranberry Powder - This intensely red berry is commonly used to support Urinary Tract Health.*
  • Red Raspberry Powder & Black Raspberry Powder – These deeply pigmented berries both contain a wide range of micronutrients and phytochemicals, including: Ellagic Acid, Quercetin & Proanthocyanidins.

Now this looks absolutely wonderful. I will definately be getting some of this this weekend

Puffy I have only been using it for about 4 days but so far I love it and will definitely be keeping this as a part of my shake! The only downside is the shocking price tag for it but it comes with a small scoop and only one scoop is needed each day so I think its gonna come out to be pretty economical! Girl it seems like good health really does come at a cost! Let me know if you get it and you like it.

HH:yep:

Ooh Puffy (and everyone) , I just went back to the iherb site and they have this powder on sale for 19.95 for the month of April! But you can only get one at that price at a time. Gonna stock up!

Ok lay it on me. How much is it?
Puffy I have only been using it for about 4 days but so far I love it and will definitely be keeping this as a part of my shake! The only downside is the shocking price tag for it but it comes with a small scoop and only one scoop is needed each day so I think its gonna come out to be pretty economical! Girl it seems like good health really does come at a cost! Let me know if you get it and you like it.

HH:yep:

Ok lay it on me. How much is it?

The price is not for the meek girl, it is a shock and awe campaign for real, the normal price is regularly 39.42 for about 7 oz. (If you have passed out, I send you my strongest fanning efforts...LOL) but it is a really light and fine powder and the scoop is extremely small so I expect it to last atleast 3 to 4 months. But right now they are having a sale and you can get it for 19.95. So I guess its just a matter of if you want to splurge and get something really good for yourself.

Oh wow:blush: That is steep. I am glad it is on sale now in case I don't like the taste. I will definately be getting some.

The price is not for the meek girl, it is a shock and awe campaign for real, the normal price is regularly 39.42 for about 7 oz. (If you have passed out, I send you my strongest fanning efforts...LOL) but it is a really light and fine powder and the scoop is extremely small so I expect it to last atleast 3 to 4 months. But right now they are having a sale and you can get it for 19.95. So I guess its just a matter of if you want to splurge and get something really good for yourself.

I see they have different flavors, I might get those too just to know how they taste, since the price has been dropped. I don't necessarily have to have it with my shake but I will try it that way first.

Ooh Puffy (and everyone) , I just went back to the iherb site and they have this powder on sale for 19.95 for the month of April! But you can only get one at that price at a time. Gonna stock up!

I say hand a few family members the cash, and have them order you some extra jars at THAT price....:yep:

I am craaaavvvvinnng it. And i'm thinking of how much i'm missing out on... dang nabbit.

Okay, quite a challenge this week Bronze. you got that right. You'll definately going to savor that drink when you finally get one.
yep yep, i may even do a few double deckers to make up for this week...

Hey ladies. I'm feeling a little disappointed. I got my hair lightly pressed and it seems as if it's at the same length, armpit. I am very blessed to have that length, but it seems like it's been here for nearly three years. Last summer, my hair braider told me she was sure my hair was brastrap length.

My hair is thick as heck and always has been and overall, I've also always had good length--brastrap being the longest. I'm wondering if the braids might be hampering my progress. I've done braids off and on for years and feel like they've served me well. I don't have problems with them being too tight or messing up my edges, so I'm wondering what the issue is.

I'm just venting. I wanted to reveal my hair in June, but not sure about this right now. I will actually be getting my hair braided tomorrow for what I plan to be the last time until perhaps the winter. I think my hair might need to breathe. I'm in braids now because I have a busy schedule with graduate school and don't have time to fully handle my massive hair.

I do think that the shake is helping to give my hair more moisture and is loosening up the texture, but I would really like more length. I will continue drinking it because I love the taste and the general health benefits.

Any of you ladies in braids or have any advice? I do know that I should let the braids probably go, just to see if this could be an issue. So, tomorrow will be the very last time.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Okay, Tallnomad, i'm sorry you are disappointed. Here's a {{{BIG HUG}}}

So, your hair doesn't seem to have grown? When's the last time you did a length check and did you actually measure or did you just eyeball-it? I know that many times, just looking at my hair does me no good, my eyes play tricks on me. It really helps to photograph or wear a progress tee, i've learned that.

Not sure if the braids are hampering you, but if you've been wearing them for years and still seem stuck at the same length, I would reasonably guess that they could be the culprit. Even without the cocktail, it seems that you should be gaining length, and not remaining at a standstill, so to speak.

This makes me re-think getting a sew-in or wearing a wig for the summer, bcs I know with those usually come a whole other bag of issues that I don't want to deal with.

Have you considered bunning as a protective style? June is still a way to go to gain some good length, this could be just what you need to get you over the hump.

HTH~ Hang in there, it's not as bad as you think.

~B*

Hey ladies. I'm feeling a little disappointed. I got my hair lightly pressed and it seems as if it's at the same length, armpit. I am very blessed to have that length, but it seems like it's been here for nearly three years. Last summer, my hair braider told me she was sure my hair was brastrap length.

My hair is thick as heck and always has been and overall, I've also always had good length--brastrap being the longest. I'm wondering if the braids might be hampering my progress. I've done braids off and on for years and feel like they've served me well. I don't have problems with them being too tight or messing up my edges, so I'm wondering what the issue is.

I'm just venting. I wanted to reveal my hair in June, but not sure about this right now. I will actually be getting my hair braided tomorrow for what I plan to be the last time until perhaps the winter. I think my hair might need to breathe. I'm in braids now because I have a busy schedule with graduate school and don't have time to fully handle my massive hair.

I do think that the shake is helping to give my hair more moisture and is loosening up the texture, but I would really like more length. I will continue drinking it because I love the taste and the general health benefits.

Any of you ladies in braids or have any advice? I do know that I should let the braids probably go, just to see if this could be an issue. So, tomorrow will be the very last time.

Thank you for reading.

Hey there, I am so sorry about your dilemna. In my opinion, braids are more trouble than they are worth...that is for me though. After getting braids, I seemed to lose more hair than gain. But, braids can lead to very THICK hair especially if you are a natural and the thicker it is, the more that you will appear to have shrinkage. You really do have to wait on your hair though. I thought the same thing since I'm natural I definitely don't see growth in the same way but just know that your hair is Growing and just wait it out sweetie. Also, you need to be prepared with an alternative style that will work for you such as bunning so that you don't mess up your progress.

Bronze, thank you immensely! And a big hug to you. Really appreciate it.

Well, I always feel like I have tons of new growth, but perhaps I'm not retaining the ends well. And no, I haven't actually measured it. Last night and this morning, I pulled it as taut as possible downward, and it's just at my armpits. I agree with you about actually measuring, so I plan to order a progress tee.

I had a texturizer about three years ago, and wore braids to transition. I feel like my hair was nearly brastrap during the initial phase and I trimmed it gradually, so maybe this is the length that it should be at since all of this hair is new. But, it's never taken me three years to get to armpit length in the past.

For now, I'm going to go ahead and get it braided around the perimeter and then weaved in the middle. Inter-locks and sew-ins had amazing growth powers for me in the past, so I'm going to go ahead one last time. I do agree with you about the bunning. After I take these braids out, I will be bunning this summer.

You might be fine in the summer with your sew-in or wig. I did let me hair breathe all of last summer. I had my own hair braided which was really cute, but this summer, I think I'm going to focus on wet bunning and double strand twists.

Again, thank you so much. I'll be keeping you updated.

Okay, Tallnomad, i'm sorry you are disappointed. Here's a {{{BIG HUG}}}

So, your hair doesn't seem to have grown? When's the last time you did a length check and did you actually measure or did you just eyeball-it? I know that many times, just looking at my hair does me no good, my eyes play tricks on me. It really helps to photograph or wear a progress tee, i've learned that.

Not sure if the braids are hampering you, but if you've been wearing them for years and still seem stuck at the same length, I would reasonably guess that they could be the culprit. Even without the cocktail, it seems that you should be gaining length, and not remaining at a standstill, so to speak.

This makes me re-think getting a sew-in or wearing a wig for the summer, bcs I know with those usually come a whole other bag of issues that I don't want to deal with.

Have you considered bunning as a protective style? June is still a way to go to gain some good length, this could be just what you need to get you over the hump.

HTH~ Hang in there, it's not as bad as you think.

~B*

Hey ladies,

I had to give this thread a shout out as well as the chlorella and spirullina thread because my daughters hair as well as my own to some extent is so much healthier. If you all want to see a real life testimony in pictures, go to my profile and look at the picture albums of my daughters hair. It is unreal and I am so proud that I did not cut all her hair off, I found some BLESSED information instead from you all! Her hair has had a complete turnaround plus growth and I just thank you all!

HH

First of all, HairHustla, I'm digging the looks of you hair, the thickness is gawjus!!! I mentioned this in another thread, as well.

Glad to hear about your dd's progress! Oh, I'm so glad you didn't cut all her hair off, gosh, to know hair can be saved - a big cut is NOT always needed.

You are a blessing to this thread, as well....Go 'head growin' with yo bad self!!!

Congrats. Let's go for the waist, shall we?

Hey ladies,

I had to give this thread a shout out as well as the chlorella and spirullina thread because my daughters hair as well as my own to some extent is so much healthier. If you all want to see a real life testimony in pictures, go to my profile and look at the picture albums of my daughters hair. It is unreal and I am so proud that I did not cut all her hair off, I found some BLESSED information instead from you all! Her hair has had a complete turnaround plus growth and I just thank you all!

HH

I must say, this cocktail is a must for those having healthy hair issues, which was my thing. I have recovered from hair loss. I Have RECOVERED from HAIR LOSS!! This is so major, because if you research this topic, most information states that this can NOT be done.

Keys to my progress-
1) Stopped relaxing my hair
2) Co-washing
3) Wet Bunning
4) Ayurvedic Regimen
5) Last, but not least THE WAISTLENGTH COCKTAIL!!!

In less than a year's time, I have a completely different head of hair. This cocktail is not only a must to regrow lost hair strands, but it helps maintain and encourage hair growth while it gives hair strength and vitality. I can't NOT mention that it enhances hair texture and the effects on the body, well, it's just too much to mention.

If you are like me and have dealt with alopecia, hair loss to stress or chemical damage, then this is your answer. I can't stress that enough. I did well when i stopped relaxing, but my hair grew back when i started this cocktail in October.

I wish I had taken pictures of what my hair looked like in January, but I was too ashamed. You could literally see my scalp. Now, even with the bone-straight Dominican Salon flat irons i get (sometimes weekly), my hair is in NO WAY see-through. My ends are the last vestiges of damaged hair and I'm trimming away at them slowly but surely. I am just ecstatic to know I'm growing thick and full hair. Not baby hair. The real deal.

This is major for me and I just want to encourage anyone who may be reading to give this a try. It may be your last (and best) resort.

~Blessings, Br*nze~

I must say, this cocktail is a must for those having healthy hair issues, which was my thing. I have recovered from hair loss. I Have RECOVERED from HAIR LOSS!! This is so major, because if you research this topic, most information states that this can NOT be done.

Keys to my progress-
1) Stopped relaxing my hair
2) Co-washing
3) Wet Bunning
4) Ayurvedic Regimen
5) Last, but not least THE WAISTLENGTH COCKTAIL!!!

In less than a year's time, I have a completely different head of hair. This cocktail is not only a must to regrow lost hair strands, but it helps maintain and encourage hair growth while it gives hair strength and vitality. I can't NOT mention that it enhances hair texture and the effects on the body, well, it's just too much to mention.

If you are like me and have dealt with alopecia, hair loss to stress or chemical damage, then this is your answer. I can't stress that enough. I did well when i stopped relaxing, but my hair grew back when i started this cocktail in October.

I wish I had taken pictures of what my hair looked like in January, but I was too ashamed. You could literally see my scalp. Now, even with the bone-straight Dominican Salon flat irons i get (sometimes weekly), my hair is in NO WAY see-through. My ends are the last vestiges of damaged hair and I'm trimming away at them slowly but surely. I am just ecstatic to know I'm growing thick and full hair. Not baby hair. The real deal.

This is major for me and I just want to encourage anyone who may be reading to give this a try. It may be your last (and best) resort.

~Blessings, Br*nze~

AMEN! My daughter and I are living witnesses to these facts..thanx for the compliment too!

Hey Peeps! How is everyone doing?

First off, I am still drinking my cocktail every morning faithfully!:yep:

But this morning I did not have anymore organic eggs so I had to use a regular egg and right after drinking, I notice my tummy started to hurt.:perplexed I was like....Never again! But as soon as I got to work, I drunk a cup of mint tea and felt better.
=======================
Now re my hair issue (shedding) I just wanted to say that my shedding has cut down dramatically since using the Nu-Gro products!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Thank you ladies for all of your love and support in helping me out.

Have a bless weekend!!

HairHustla--Thank You SO much for your message. I just now saw this and haven't been online as I was getting my hair re-braided. :look:

I think you're absolutely right and I appreciate your insight. I think the braids do lead to thicker hair and I really don't need that, I need, or want the length. I'm definitely going to work with the buns and double strand twisting my own hair this summer.

By the way, your hair looks fab--very lush, shiny and healthy!

Hey there, I am so sorry about your dilemna. In my opinion, braids are more trouble than they are worth...that is for me though. After getting braids, I seemed to lose more hair than gain. But, braids can lead to very THICK hair especially if you are a natural and the thicker it is, the more that you will appear to have shrinkage. You really do have to wait on your hair though. I thought the same thing since I'm natural I definitely don't see growth in the same way but just know that your hair is Growing and just wait it out sweetie. Also, you need to be prepared with an alternative style that will work for you such as bunning so that you don't mess up your progress.

Last edited:
Checking in....

Still on the egg drink....(1 whole egg and 8oz soy milk)
I finally ended my stretch....my last relaxer was 12/08.
I have been drinking the egg drink since January.
Twice a day sometimes (pretty often) since March.

I am a wet-length checker so my first wash this week I will take pics and update.

My hair is def thicker....I'll have DH take some dry pics too just to compare....

Until Wed ladies!

PS--when I slacked off for a few weeks the end of Feb and a little into March my skin was MAD! :lol: This drink def keeps my skin looking fab :yep:

Quoting myself lol

Ok, here are the dry pics....I'm happy I guess...but I was hoping for more retention. Not really a diff in length :ohwell: but as far as overall health of my hair--there is a change
April 2009
Marchrelaxer-vi.jpg

Feb 2009
goalpic-vi.jpg

Im gonna stick with the drink b/c my body likes it and keep tip-toeing towards my goals....slowly but surely I'm getting there......

:toast:
Checking in....

Still on the egg drink....(1 whole egg and 8oz soy milk)
I finally ended my stretch....my last relaxer was 12/08.
I have been drinking the egg drink since January.
Twice a day sometimes (pretty often) since March.

I am a wet-length checker so my first wash this week I will take pics and update.

My hair is def thicker....I'll have DH take some dry pics too just to compare....

Until Wed ladies!

PS--when I slacked off for a few weeks the end of Feb and a little into March my skin was MAD! :lol: This drink def keeps my skin looking fab :yep:

Back