*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I just had breakfast and I realised how much protein I just had. I think it maybe overkill.

Protein shake- 46g
2 eggs- 12g
1/2 cup chick peas- 6g
Total- 64g

Overkill? I still have to do a second shake. I want to take in at least 90g protein a day. But I love beans and eggs and my shake is yummy. But then again there are other vitamins and minerals that I am getting out of those foods. I don't eat rice so I rely on beans and I eat alot of green leafies.

Hi dear,

I have not noticed getting darker..just clearer skin but my radar went up when you said you had all that shedding. Some shedding is normal but I strongly suggest you get in on tea rinsing. If it could work for my hair and especially my daughter's hair who USED to be a tangled, shedding mess then I know it should work for you. I love it! Check out this thread on it, it works pretty darn well atleast for me. (Good luck)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312901
Thank you HairHustla. I am going to read it now....

Thanks to both of you, I may add flax oil to my reggie again....

Finally got my hair flatironed, i'm quite happy. This is my time to post my results, too. dang. My hair is just barely touchin' bsl,,, i know, no pics, camera is on the blink, I still have an inch of "endz" but i'm not gonna trim...i'm holding off on scissors and just ignoring them and try to see if my nape grows out and catches up with the rest of my hair. I must say that I am impressed. My hair is getting heavy again. I like that.

my dh told me he had a dream last night that i kept my hair up for a long time without straightening it and when i did, i told him, "honey, look i got all my hair back!" and my hair was huge and thick to my waist and really heavy and he said he just picked it up and it was all over my back, just a whole bunch of hair...

Need I say, Egglettes, he made my year! I told him really quickly, "I receive that as confirmation in Jesus' Name!!! LOL!

You gotta grab every blessing you get, o-kay? I may just have another cocktail tonite. ;-}

Blessings, Egglettes~

Oh honey I am so glad that you are meeting your goals. I am going to start going to the stylist again. I just cannot handle my hair anymore. I have decided to be demanding in order to have my needs met so that I wont have any setbacks. My first appointment is tomorrow and I cannot wait to see the results.

Yum YumYummy...i have banana and chocolate syrup(sugarfree) in my cocktail and it is sooo good. I haven't added anything to my drink in a while so this is a nice treat.

Bon Appetit, Egglettes~
I haven't been adding anything the last couple of shakes. I was adding half scoop of protein powder but I am not feeling the "sweetness" right now. I guess I'll work with the nutty blend for right now.

Hey all!

I have a question, have any of you experience your face getting a little darker? I know that some of you said that your skin had a "glow" to it. Mines does look I have makeup on it a little (I use bare minerals) and it gives it a nice glow. Kinda dark but glowish.

Also, it had not stopped or even slowed down my shedding that I am experiencing. I noticed that some of you said that it helped with your shedding.

I am starting to get depressed...
Is your weather changing enough were your skin is preparing to adjust to warmer temperatures. I can tell my skin is changing a little. I have been taking the shake since Oct and this just started. I;ve read that your skin starts to thin out as spring rolls in and fall rolls out. If you notice in a few months, your skin thickens as it starts to get cold. Maybe its just your body's defense mechanisms working. If it bothers you get it checked out. Good luck.

Good Morning SB! I got the recipe from reading the ladies comments in the Health and Fitness Forum a year ago or so. I think the thread is called Green Smoothies. Then I saw your post about your friend only using kale and apple (that seems so much simpler and takes less time for me in the morning). I used to use banana and sometimes romaine and always add agave nectar for sweetness if I used another fruit besides banana. My favorite green smoothie is kale, 1/2 apple, baby carrots, water and agave nectar. I didn't have any carrots on hand this week though.

Thanks Divine! Ima have to get to searching. They just posted 70 Green Smoothie recipes in the Natural Living area. Thanks for mentioning the carrots! I can mos def add that to it with no problems. I use to do just apples and carrots with my mommy.

Hey all!

I have a question, have any of you experience your face getting a little darker? I know that some of you said that your skin had a "glow" to it. Mines does look I have makeup on it a little (I use bare minerals) and it gives it a nice glow. Kinda dark but glowish.

Also, it had not stopped or even slowed down my shedding that I am experiencing. I noticed that some of you said that it helped with your shedding.

Okay, Luv, first do not go there. Depression will only lead to a setback, where your mind goes, your body follows. That may sound a bit "much" but I really believe this. You are doing good things for your hair and your body. Now, for shedding, if you can tolerate coffee rinses, i highly suggest them. I simply brew a regular pot of coffee (don't use instant, not the same effect) I allow it to cool and i rinse my hair before detangling. This keeps the hair from shedding. Actually it halts shedding in its tracks. I have to agree with HairHustla I haven't tried tea rinsing, but it's the caffeine that does the trick. It is amazing.

Now with the skin darkening issue, I haven't had that. My skin is actually clearer and feels 'firmer'. I'm thinking that Puffy is right and that it could be a seasonal change. Take note and see what happens. I know that my skin gets darker in the summer and lightens almost 3 shades during winter to the point that i can't wear my same makeup, so could this be happening to you? In Houston, our temps are already 90 degrees :nono:, so summer is hittin' us up early.

Let us know how it goes, we're here to help.:yep:

Hi dear,

I have not noticed getting darker..just clearer skin but my radar went up when you said you had all that shedding. Some shedding is normal but I strongly suggest you get in on tea rinsing. If it could work for my hair and especially my daughter's hair who USED to be a tangled, shedding mess then I know it should work for you. I love it! Check out this thread on it, it works pretty darn well atleast for me. (Good luck)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312901

I'm all for a Partna, I wouldn't mind the encouragement!!!! So here's my update, I took my sew-in out after 9 weeks and I'm SATISFIED to say the least. I can second all the ladies in regards to the thickness. I need a trim but I'm going to hold off until after my next install. My hair has grown A LOT I believe more than it would if I had just had a sew-in!!! I thank Bronze, all the other EGGLETTS, Luckdestiny & her Chlorella. I got to give props where they due!!!!! Thanks ladies, I'm gone keep going! ( oh yeah I'm getting a new install on Sunday) Got to stick to the script!

Happy Hair Growing LAdies!!!
Thanks J-Moe, sounds great, yeah I'm stickin to my script too, i'm not gonna change things up, because if it ain't broke, don't fix it.....You are more than welcome, Chica.

I just had breakfast and I realised how much protein I just had. I think it maybe overkill.

Protein shake- 46g
2 eggs- 12g
1/2 cup chick peas- 6g
Total- 64g

Overkill? I still have to do a second shake. I want to take in at least 90g protein a day. But I love beans and eggs and my shake is yummy. But then again there are other vitamins and minerals that I am getting out of those foods. I don't eat rice so I rely on beans and I eat alot of green leafies.
I think this is okay, especially if you are meeting your goal...I know your hair and skin must be happy happy happy. I think these are healthy choices you are making. Listen to your body and make adjustments accordingly, that's the best decision, I think.

Oh honey I am so glad that you are meeting your goals. I am going to start going to the stylist again. I just cannot handle my hair anymore. I have decided to be demanding in order to have my needs met so that I wont have any setbacks. My first appointment is tomorrow and I cannot wait to see the results.
That's a good and bad thing, huh? I would love to have this prob. :grin:. Yep, you have got to be firm bcs there are some hard-headed stylists, i'm so much happier that i'm not going to them, except every 3 months, and it's only for blow-outs/flatirons. I'm happy I'm not at their mercy with regard to chemical treatments, I can say "Hallelujah"!!! Like 100 times a day for a month.

I bet your results will be stunning, Puff. Show us some pics, okay?

I haven't been adding anything the last couple of shakes. I was adding half scoop of protein powder but I am not feeling the "sweetness" right now. I guess I'll work with the nutty blend for right now.Yeah, that's how i felt, but i woke up wanting a lil' something extra, the nuttiness has really grown on me.:lick:

Is your weather changing enough were your skin is preparing to adjust to warmer temperatures. I can tell my skin is changing a little. I have been taking the shake since Oct and this just started. I;ve read that your skin starts to thin out as spring rolls in and fall rolls out. If you notice in a few months, your skin thickens as it starts to get cold. Maybe its just your body's defense mechanisms working. If it bothers you get it checked out. Good luck.
This sounds about right....

Hey all!

You shouldn't be depressed. Just think of the great progress that you made from Sept 08 to now. Judging from your siggy, you appear to be in good shape so stay encouraged!

I think this is okay, especially if you are meeting your goal...I know your hair and skin must be happy happy happy. I think these are healthy choices you are making. Listen to your body and make adjustments accordingly, that's the best decision, I think.

Thanks Bronze. The only complaint my body has is the gas I'm getting from the beans but I'll live.

Hey all!

Gyal, get de Liptons an git cha "tea rinse" on!:yep:

Last edited:
cupcakes,

Totally OT, but I was wondering what form and dosage of CHL your were taking? What leads to believe you are allergic to them? Could it be too much too soon. I recently experienced that when I ramped up too quickly. Once I made the adjustment, I was back in business.:yep:

i was taking 2gs of source naturals chlorella for a couple of days with like a gallon of water and i got a rash on my face and my eyes were watering. smh. not cute. but now that ive stopped using it it went away

Thanks ladies for showing me love and encouragement.

Well last night I went and got me some Lipton Tea. Boiled 4 bags in 32oz of water. After it cooled down, I put some in my applicator bottle and applied it to my scalp. I did not wash it out. I am going to wash tonight and also do another tea rinse in the process. Hope this works.

Ladies believe me, I am trying my best not to get depressed or even think about it to much. I just don't want all my hard work going down the drain since my set back in Sept 08 and now end up with thinning hair. I don't understand it. I am really bugging out about why this is happening. BUT, I will keep on keeping on, keep my head up and take all of ya'lls advice. I will get back to you sometime this weekend (maybe tonight even!) and let you know the outcome.

Again, thanks ladies for all of your encouragements!

Also I forgot to mention that I also used the tea bags on my face this morning and I LOVE IT!!!

I kept the tea bags in the fridge with a little bit of tea with it to keep from drying out. Then this morning after washing with Dove, I took the tea bag (didn't wring it out) and rubbed it all over my face. Eyes and all. Let sit for about a minute. Rinsed off then applied my Proactive medicine then my face lotion.

I love the way my skin felt after rinsing the tea off. It felt firm yet soft.

Also the last two nights I have been oil washing my face with Emu oil after reading how GREAT the oil is. I would first was with Proactive, pat dry, rub the oil into my face (and eye area) really good. Take my washcloth and wet it with hot water (as hot as I can take it) and sit it on my face for a few seconds to steam it. Then wipe off. I do that at least two times. Afterwards, I put on my Proactive medicine and go to bed.

My face feels nice and soft. Not oily. My eye area feels nice and moisturized too.

Just wanted to share...

i was taking 2gs of source naturals chlorella for a couple of days with like a gallon of water and i got a rash on my face and my eyes were watering. smh. not cute. but now that ive stopped using it it went away

hmmm...sounds suspiciously like detox.:rolleyes: If you choose to try CHL again, you may want to start with 1gm (or even .5gm) and ramp up slowly. Each body is different, but I think that may help.:yep:

I've noticed that my once tight coiled 4b hair is beginning to look like 3a hair. It is growing so long, its scary....

Has anyone else experience a looser curl pattern?

I've noticed that my once tight coiled 4b hair is beginning to look like 3a hair. It is growing so long, its scary....

Has anyone else experience a looser curl pattern?

I think that I am. I had some hair fall out a couple of months ago (bad reaction to merida birth control) The hair that is growing in seems to be more of a 3a or 3b; normally I am a 4a. My hair is growing pretty fast. I love, love love this shake.

Hey egglets! Just checkin' in to see how everybody's doing! I had my shake yesterday, it was very good! I had what I call the bare minimum shake, cause I'm just about out of rice milk, protein powder, and eggbeaters! Time to replenish! My roots are growing in thick, I've got about 2 inches of new growth and my gray hairs are getting out of control!! :spinning: It's time for some henna...hope I can hold out until April...

My hair is growin in much looser, and i'm really happy about that. It is an odd state now, like it's wanting to be something different. 3b here i come! Also, my hair is sooo much thicker at the roots, i wanna cut 4 inches off. But i need my length for bunning purposes and protection/comfort....I can't wait to see my hair in a year!!!

I really don't know how to tell if my hair grows differently. I will say that that my hair is more softer but that could also be from health hair practices.

Oh BTW I had a really good time at the salon yesterday. No cutting and she did a wonderful job. I took pictures but I havent uploaded it yet. I am working on a paper this weekend. Will try to get around to it. No promises.

I've been egging it up for over a week now minus the wheat germ oil. I hope to have good results in the future. Thanks to all the ladies posting on this thread..you guys are motivators.

You guys, I was so sassy with my swangin' hair today with my cute halter sundress and little cardigan...reminded me of the old me~ yaaay * ofcourse i did get some swelling from the humidity, but it's okay, also - my thinner endz don't even bother me and my hair has more weight. I'm not gonna cut and my hair is barely touching my brastap -- double yaaay yaaay!!

I had my first shake yesterday and this morning i woke up with skin so soft. I like the shake it kind of tastes like cake batter. Im gonna be taking 3 chlorella tablets for now. Thanx essential and luckie for the dosage suggestions.

Last edited:
Back