*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
OK. Thank you!

Oh and just to make sure you understand me, I meant I am still going to take the cocktail (with egg) in the morning AND I want to start takeing it again at night (without the egg)

Thanks again!

Hello Egglettes,

Started my day off with the walk a mile challenge,
then had my egg shake (around 11am Monday). I wasn't hungry again until 3pm. I'm amazed.

Essensual, that sounds sooo good. A 1 mile walk, in the am, even! You are amazing. Keep up the great work.

You Chics are soo inspiring.

G'nite and God Bless~
~B*

Hello ladies!

So I combined my two shakes into one out of getting to work early this morning. I am so happy with the taste!

Mind you I am also trying to gain weight so instead of milk, I just vanilla ice cream.

I start out with these items so that they blend to liquid first
- handful of kale
- frozen wheat grass shot
- splash of water
- a big squeeze of agave nectar (for sweetness - this is better then honey to me)
- 1/2 apple & 1/2 banana
- handful of strawberries
- sliced almonds

Then I end with the with the Egglet Drink :lick:
- 2 scoops of ice cream
- 1 raw egg
- 1 tblsp of wheat germ oil
- 2 tblsps of raw wheat germ

This comes out to a light green shake consistency that tastes like strawberry shake. :lick: I goozle it before I get to work. I ate breakfast when I get to work. (Remember this isn't to replace a meal for me, it's to accompany it.)

As long as these ingredients fit into my budget, I should have no problem hitting this up every morning. I get all my ingredients from a farmer's market and Whole Foods.

Thanks again ladies!

Hello Egglettes!

I'm still drinking my shake. I ran out of wheat germ oil and can't find the better tasting (refrigerated kind) one anywhere. Whole Foods and Vitamin Shop only had the nasty brand that I had previously. I did see another brand online and will probably purchase it and the end of the week. I've been using my flaxseed oil instead until I get more wheat germ oil.

Also, I just started back to drinking green smoothies yesterday. I take a handful of kale, an apple, a little water, and agave nectar. I make it after I drink my shake, bottle it up and take to work for a mid morning snack. I hope I can continue down this path.

Hello Egglettes!

I'm still drinking my shake. I ran out of wheat germ oil and can't find the better tasting (refrigerated kind) one anywhere. Whole Foods and Vitamin Shop only had the nasty brand that I had previously. I did see another brand online and will probably purchase it and the end of the week. I've been using my flaxseed oil instead until I get more wheat germ oil.

Also, I just started back to drinking green smoothies yesterday. I take a handful of kale, an apple, a little water, and agave nectar. I make it after I drink my shake, bottle it up and take to work for a mid morning snack. I hope I can continue down this path.

Hey divine! I posted about the kale smoothie a few days ago. Where did you get the recipe from? My friend told me about it but she didn't recall the source. I usually research everything but I trusted her word on this. Is it from a book, a site or something? TIA!

Hi

I have a question. Is Flaxseed Oil just as good as Wheat Germ Oil? I was wondering if I could switch the two from time to time.

Thx.

Hi

I have a question. Is Flaxseed Oil just as good as Wheat Germ Oil? I was wondering if I could switch the two from time to time.

Thx.

I take both. I take flaxseed since I can't do fish oils. I think they WGO and Flax seed oil provide to different types of Omegas.....(3-6-9) I can't recall which, though.

Hey divine! I posted about the kale smoothie a few days ago. Where did you get the recipe from? My friend told me about it but she didn't recall the source. I usually research everything but I trusted her word on this. Is it from a book, a site or something? TIA!

Good Morning SB! I got the recipe from reading the ladies comments in the Health and Fitness Forum a year ago or so. I think the thread is called Green Smoothies. Then I saw your post about your friend only using kale and apple (that seems so much simpler and takes less time for me in the morning). I used to use banana and sometimes romaine and always add agave nectar for sweetness if I used another fruit besides banana. My favorite green smoothie is kale, 1/2 apple, baby carrots, water and agave nectar. I didn't have any carrots on hand this week though.

Last edited:
Good Morning SB! I got the recipe from reading the ladies comments in the Health and Fitness Forum a year ago or so. I think the thread is called Green Smoothies. Then I saw your post about your friend only using kale and apple (that seems so much simpler and takes less time for me in the morning). I used to use banana and sometimes romaine and always add agave nectar for sweetness if I used another fruit besides banana. My favorite green smoothie is kale, 1/2 apple, baby carrots, water and agave nectar. I didn't have any carrots on hand this week though.
Now what do you use to blend this smooth? I have a hand held blender (Braun) that I use to mix my egg cocktail with and I am wondering if I wanted to try this green smoothie as well, would it work blending that too.

Thx

Hi

Thx.
Flax Oil is great, but I agree with Essensual, it provides different types of nutrients than WGO, I would go with it until I found the wgo.

About to get my cocktail on.....

Hi

Thx.

Hi There, I noticed your question and I had been wondering as well so I decided to do a little investigation and here is what I found:

What is the difference between flax seed oil and wheat germ oil?

Benefits Of Flax Seed Oil
The main benefit of flax oil is what it does for the brain and nerves, but because it helps prevent circulatory problems and cancer, the two major killer health conditions, it has really become popular.

The flax seed oil health benefits are primarily due to it being the highest food source of crucially needed Omega 3 fatty acids.

Omega 3's are crucial to good brain and nerve function. They also reduce arthritis and other inflammation and pain, and help keep cholesterol lower. Omega 3's aid the body in oxygen absorption.

The quality of the skin, hair and nails are improved by the flax oil.

Flax oil also helps with weight control. Some of the most popular weight-loss product packages have flax oil capsules (also known as "linseed oil") as a key component. This oil emulsifies fat in the body and moves it along.

The benefits of flax seed oil are just a part of flax benefits. The whole flax seed's health benefits are far greater than the oil alone can provide.

Benefits of Wheat Germ Oil or Wheat Germ

WHEAT GERM

"Wheat germ" is a nutritious super food, rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin E, enzymes, minerals and more.

To get the benefit of wheat germ, it needs to be truly fresh.

Wheat Germ Contents and Benefits

Octacosanol

Wheat germ is the highest source among few foods containing Octacosanol, a group of long-chain food molecules that benefit the body in many ways.

Octacosanol has been found to

*lower blood levels of cholesterol

*improve energy storage in muscles

*enhance performance, endurance and stamina, even at high altitudes

*quicken reflexes

spark alertness

*improve oxygen utilization

*balance metabolism

*increase ability to handle stress

Vitamin E

Wheat germ is the highest food in vitamin E complex (including all three tocopherols, not just the alpha, which is all that most "vitamin E" supplements have.) -- Tocopherols are natural antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, cancer & aging.

Vitamin E protects the muscles, blood, lungs, & eyes; prevents blood clots; and strengthens the immune system.

It looks like both are critical to the body but offer totally different benefits so I guess it is just a personal choice. The article has a lot more information about both, if you would like to read it here is the link: (HTH) By the way, I am currently just doing flax seed, no particular reason, I just don't have any wheat germ right now.

http://askville.amazon.com/Wheat-germ-flax-seeds-advice/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=385264

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this and for the and the link!!!
Hi There, I noticed your question and I had been wondering as well so I decided to do a little investigation and here is what I found:

What is the difference between flax seed oil and wheat germ oil?

Benefits Of Flax Seed Oil
The main benefit of flax oil is what it does for the brain and nerves, but because it helps prevent circulatory problems and cancer, the two major killer health conditions, it has really become popular.

The flax seed oil health benefits are primarily due to it being the highest food source of crucially needed Omega 3 fatty acids.

Omega 3's are crucial to good brain and nerve function. They also reduce arthritis and other inflammation and pain, and help keep cholesterol lower. Omega 3's aid the body in oxygen absorption.

The quality of the skin, hair and nails are improved by the flax oil.

Flax oil also helps with weight control. Some of the most popular weight-loss product packages have flax oil capsules (also known as "linseed oil") as a key component. This oil emulsifies fat in the body and moves it along.

The benefits of flax seed oil are just a part of flax benefits. The whole flax seed's health benefits are far greater than the oil alone can provide.

Benefits of Wheat Germ Oil or Wheat Germ

WHEAT GERM

"Wheat germ" is a nutritious super food, rich in vitamin B complex, vitamin E, enzymes, minerals and more.

To get the benefit of wheat germ, it needs to be truly fresh.

Wheat Germ Contents and Benefits

Octacosanol

Wheat germ is the highest source among few foods containing Octacosanol, a group of long-chain food molecules that benefit the body in many ways.

Octacosanol has been found to

*lower blood levels of cholesterol

*improve energy storage in muscles

*enhance performance, endurance and stamina, even at high altitudes

*quicken reflexes

spark alertness

*improve oxygen utilization

*balance metabolism

*increase ability to handle stress

Vitamin E

Wheat germ is the highest food in vitamin E complex (including all three tocopherols, not just the alpha, which is all that most "vitamin E" supplements have.) -- Tocopherols are natural antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, cancer & aging.

Vitamin E protects the muscles, blood, lungs, & eyes; prevents blood clots; and strengthens the immune system.

It looks like both are critical to the body but offer totally different benefits so I guess it is just a personal choice. The article has a lot more information about both, if you would like to read it here is the link: (HTH) By the way, I am currently just doing flax seed, no particular reason, I just don't have any wheat germ right now.

http://askville.amazon.com/Wheat-germ-flax-seeds-advice/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=385264

I think i am going to finally start doin this egg shake for real. I have all the ingredients except the raw wheat germ. I've tried the chlorella tablets but i think im allergic to them :[. im gonna start taking the shake on sunday.

Welcome Cupcakes, to our Nest. Let's wish our newest Egglette a great waistlength journey, chics~ Update us on your progress....

I think i am going to finally start doin this egg shake for real. I have all the ingredients except the raw wheat germ. I've tried the chlorella tablets but i think im allergic to them :[. im gonna start taking the shake on sunday.

Finally got my hair flatironed, i'm quite happy. This is my time to post my results, too. dang. My hair is just barely touchin' bsl,,, i know, no pics, camera is on the blink, I still have an inch of "endz" but i'm not gonna trim...i'm holding off on scissors and just ignoring them and try to see if my nape grows out and catches up with the rest of my hair. I must say that I am impressed. My hair is getting heavy again. I like that.

my dh told me he had a dream last night that i kept my hair up for a long time without straightening it and when i did, i told him, "honey, look i got all my hair back!" and my hair was huge and thick to my waist and really heavy and he said he just picked it up and it was all over my back, just a whole bunch of hair...

Need I say, Egglettes, he made my year! I told him really quickly, "I receive that as confirmation in Jesus' Name!!! LOL!

You gotta grab every blessing you get, o-kay? I may just have another cocktail tonite. ;-}

Blessings, Egglettes~

Hey Bronze your husband had a wonderful dream take that and run with it. i just had my second shake. I know it's late but I drink 2 a day and I'm not slipping.

cupcakes,

Totally OT, but I was wondering what form and dosage of CHL your were taking? What leads to believe you are allergic to them? Could it be too much too soon. I recently experienced that when I ramped up too quickly. Once I made the adjustment, I was back in business.:yep:

Hey Bronze your husband had a wonderful dream take that and run with it. i just had my second shake. I know it's late but I drink 2 a day and I'm not slipping.

...and the Church said, "Amen!"

Ya'll gone make me start drinking two-a-days. I'm already doing a two egg shake in the morning. :lachen::lachen::lachen:Lawd, these ROOTS! :spinning::spinning::spinning:

Yum YumYummy...i have banana and chocolate syrup(sugarfree) in my cocktail and it is sooo good. I haven't added anything to my drink in a while so this is a nice treat.

Bon Appetit, Egglettes~

My dh is really big on dreams. If he dreams it, you can look for some sort of manifestation on it. Yeah, I'ma roll with that one. I have to mark it on my calendars.

I'm a lil' past apl now, aiming for full bsl by july --- who wants to be my waistlength buddy? I'm transitioning as well with about 2 inches of relaxed endz left.

Any takers?

I figure it would be encouraging for us to partner-up to meet our goals...

whatda ya'll think?

Hey all!

I have a question, have any of you experience your face getting a little darker? I know that some of you said that your skin had a "glow" to it. Mines does look I have makeup on it a little (I use bare minerals) and it gives it a nice glow. Kinda dark but glowish.

Also, it had not stopped or even slowed down my shedding that I am experiencing. I noticed that some of you said that it helped with your shedding.

I am starting to get depressed...

I'm all for a Partna, I wouldn't mind the encouragement!!!! So here's my update, I took my sew-in out after 9 weeks and I'm SATISFIED to say the least. I can second all the ladies in regards to the thickness. I need a trim but I'm going to hold off until after my next install. My hair has grown A LOT I believe more than it would if I had just had a sew-in!!! I thank Bronze, all the other EGGLETTS, Luckdestiny & her Chlorella. I got to give props where they due!!!!! Thanks ladies, I'm gone keep going! ( oh yeah I'm getting a new install on Sunday) Got to stick to the script!

Happy Hair Growing LAdies!!!

Last edited:
Hey all!

I have a question, have any of you experience your face getting a little darker? I know that some of you said that your skin had a "glow" to it. Mines does look I have makeup on it a little (I use bare minerals) and it gives it a nice glow. Kinda dark but glowish.

Also, it had not stopped or even slowed down my shedding that I am experiencing. I noticed that some of you said that it helped with your shedding.

I am starting to get depressed...

Hi dear,

I have not noticed getting darker..just clearer skin but my radar went up when you said you had all that shedding. Some shedding is normal but I strongly suggest you get in on tea rinsing. If it could work for my hair and especially my daughter's hair who USED to be a tangled, shedding mess then I know it should work for you. I love it! Check out this thread on it, it works pretty darn well atleast for me. (Good luck)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=312901

Back