*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Honey, my blender kicked the bucket months ago. I have a hand blender similar to the one in the picture. This one I will use at home. I tend to drink my shake at home. I get up early enough to enjoy before work. Sometimes I am not all that hungry in the evening and I will take a shake a couple hours after eating a bowl of cereal.

The hand blender works well but IMO it is too time
consuming when you want to mix in fruits or something.
I cannot wait until peaches are in season. :lick:

PB, are you replacing the one you have at home or taking this to work? *being nosey*:look: :lol:

I just wanted to post this.
Today I got up early to do some rounds and shopping at Ulta.
I opted to stop by IHOP for breakfast. I ate 3 pancakes, some sausage and some eggs. Yum, yum. I could hardly eat it. I took a couple of bites and I was done. Needless to say, I put it in a carryout tray to eat as a snack. I finished the pancakes, that was it. My stomach is shrinking!

Something else. If you have ever skipped the shake do you notice that by the end of the day you are craving the shake. My body just wasn't the same today. I never noticed this because I drink the shake on the regular and I have only not had it for breakfast twice. Today being the second time. Well my body was weary. I mean I was tiring out and getting irratible about it. I am drinking the shake now. Talk about fast acting. As soon as I took a couple sips my body became lively again. Just like a plant when you give it water. This is amazing. Cheap and easy to make. You can't that.

How much protein does the egg white protein have per scoop?

The can says that one scoop has 24 grams of protein.

^^Yup. That's exactly what I add to my shakes. I used to do Whey, but now I prefer the Egg Whites much more. I guess in part because I wanted more egg to supplement the raw egg as well. I always get vanilla. The strawberry didn't taste that great to me and overpowered the flavor of my smoothie. Have you tried it?

I use the strawberry and I really like it. I tried vanilla whey that my DH buys from Walmart and it was like drinking paper :perplexed so that's why I picked strawberry. I might try vanilla in one of the small packs tommorrow just to see....

I'm kind of curious to try the chocolate, but because they're so expensive, They sell single serve packs for $2 at my Whole Foods

I think I better stick to what I know.

In my 1 week I have noticed this too! :yep:

Energy (which I need w/ the semester starting back) (and with working out again)
Fullness----keeps me full for quite awhile--which I DEF. luv! :lol:

Great drink already and if I see an impact on my hair.....no words!! :woot:

I just wanted to post this.
Today I got up early to do some rounds and shopping at Ulta.
I opted to stop by IHOP for breakfast. I ate 3 pancakes, some sausage and some eggs. Yum, yum. I could hardly eat it. I took a couple of bites and I was done. Needless to say, I put it in a carryout tray to eat as a snack. I finished the pancakes, that was it. My stomach is shrinking!

Something else. If you have ever skipped the shake do you notice that by the end of the day you are craving the shake. My body just wasn't the same today. I never noticed this because I drink the shake on the regular and I have only not had it for breakfast twice. Today being the second time. Well my body was weary. I mean I was tiring out and getting irratible about it. I am drinking the shake now. Talk about fast acting. As soon as I took a couple sips my body became lively again. Just like a plant when you give it water. This is amazing. Cheap and easy to make. You can't that.

Ladies, I was soooooooooooo worried that i would have to stop taking the shake because I am starting to Low Carb so I can lose the rest of this pregnancy weight and LC'ing is the only diet that works for me. I decided instead to stick more the the original recipe (no banana's, no frozen fruit) since there is only 10 carbs in a cup of soy milk and low carbs in the raw wheat germ. (BTW...if anyone knows how much carbs in in 2 tablespoons of raw wheat germ please let me know bc my bag only tells me per 100 grams and I suck at conversion :perplexed). The rest of my meals for the day were LC.

Results: not only did the shake taste better and made me feel lighter vs. the shake with the banana and frozen fruit, I lost 2lbs overnight:grin:. I'm so happy I am able to drink this and low carb at the same time.

I have been having some CRAZY energy. Today is around day 9 for me and wow. Yesterday, I had so much energy I couldn't keep still. I did a 45 minute workout, then a different 20 minute workout then I couldn't stop drooling over my husband:lachen:. *ahem* this drink gives me some crazy kind of sexual energy:lachen::lachen::lachen::grin::perplexed:look:. I'm not sure but my skin is also starting to look brighter!!

Side note: I noticed on another thread called the beauty pill or something they are talking about a supplement called ALA that is helping their skin tremendously. Well, i noticed that there is ALA in my soya milk so that is an added benefit.

OK, i'm done now!!!!!!! Hope everyone is having great results. My hubby is drinking this now and wasn't even troubled when I told him there was raw eggs in there. He said it made him feel better and can I make it for him every morning. Shoot, now I have to get up at 630:rolleyes: .

i made the shake for the 1st time today with vanilla soy protein powder, 1 organic egg, vanilla soy milk, and nesquik and wheat germ oil. it was sooo good. i was shocked! tomorrow after the gym im gonna use fresh strawberries instead of the nesquik. thanx ladies!!!!

i made the shake for the 1st time today with vanilla soy protein powder, 1 organic egg, vanilla soy milk, and nesquik and wheat germ oil. it was sooo good. i was shocked! tomorrow after the gym im gonna use fresh strawberries instead of the nesquik. thanx ladies!!!!

Sounds great!!! I bet tomorrow when you drink it it post workout, you will feel relaxed and refreshed! This drink is so healthy for you-your body and your hair will be thanking you now and later!:lick:

Hey there, Egglettes,

Just checking in. I've been out of pocket for a few days so here's recap:

Day 3 remix: The 2 egg version seems to work better for me as far as smoothness, a fullness factor (as well as increased protein intake). The fruit of the day was banana. Mmmmm.

Day 4 remix: I was feeling kinda lazy so instead of the unsweetened coca powder and honey for sweetener I just added a hot cocoa packet for flavor and sweetnes....OMG! This brownie batter protein powder delivery needs to hurr' up!!! I am stalking the FEDEX man, y'all! LOL!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I will be posting today's remix later today as I won't have my first meal of the day till later.

I also felt it was only fair to my fellow egglettes to list my suppies so here goes:

1.Nature Made B Complex with Vitamin C
2.Nature Made Natural B12 1000mcg
(when this is finished, I'm switching to a sublingual)
3.CVS 200 IU Vitamin E (in shake) from CVS
4.Rexall Naturals 2400MG Flax Oil - 2gelcaps (in shake)
5.NOW 1120mg Wheat Germ Oil - 2gelcaps (in shake) from local HFS
6.Rexall Naturals Super Potency Biotin 5000mcg
7.Spring Valley 1000mg MSM
8.Spring Valley Natural Calcium Magnesium and Zinc
9.Spring Valley Natural 500mg L-lysine

...in addition, I on the 2nd month of a 6 month iron protocol prescribed by my doctor for anemia. This consists of taking 250mg of Vitamin C with 65mg of iron (Feosol) 3 times daily at 6 hour intervals. Whew! ....and I still feel like I'm forgetting something.

Unless noted, all of the above were purchased at Wal-Mart and were affordable when not purchased all at once.

Benefits:
*I am full for a good while and as a vegetarian I am enjoying the increased protein intake.
*Roots are thickening, but I am also attributing this to the addition of amla oil in my haircare regi.
*Skin is beginning to clear up. (I have a recurring crop along the jawbone monthly.*ahem*)
*The skin on the soles of my feet seem to be softening. (Imagined? We'll see..)

At any rate, no complaints at all from me.

I added some chocolate to my shake today. It was waaay too chocolatey, but the shake was a lot lighter and easier to swallow. I didn't feel so full afterward, but I still felt full enough that I wasn't thinking about eating ten minutes later. I'm going to look into more liquid sweeteners that are more healthy than chocolate. :laugh:

Oh, my Egglettes,

So much to comment on, such great results....
I'll have to get back to you guys....
keep up the "eggcellent" results~

Luv, ~B*

i'm still rolling w/ the shake. it's been a/b a month and half for me. it definitely gives me energy bc i remember when my squadron first started a different workout @ pt one morning. i could barely finish. i was so exhausted. we took a hiatus bc of the weather and the holidays. during this time i had started the shake. well last week when we had pt....i flew right through it. i was amazed. i was no where near as tired as i was last time. and i think my muscles are more defined. especially my abs. they are almost janet jackson status. lol. this shake is definitely a keeper for me. i just relaxed on jan 2, so i'll b back in a month to report how much growth i've attained.

I changed my cocktail ingredients today...i was exotic...i added half a banana, 2 generous strawberries, a few good shakes of flaxseed...and :perplexed. For the first time, my cocktail was too thick to get down. I tossed a third of it, i could take no more. I've used banana before, so it must be the flaxseed. My shake just "swole" up. It was not a good thing. I even added more soymilk and it just bubbled and fizzed. :ohwell:. So tomorrow, i'm gonna leave that flaxseed where it's at. I wanted the benefit, but I don't like the taste or the texture, maybe I'll use less...

^^^Okay, for D3 that noted the "virility," results, I must concurr (sp?). I feel more like a tigress than usual, and my hubby ain't complaining. :blush:..this is a welcome addition to the other effects of the shake. I've got less sleep :yawn:, but definitely more zing in my zang, if you know what i mean :blush::lachen::blush:.

I think I noted a few new Egglettes...Welcome, Chicas.
You've just joined the best thread on LHCF (i mean this with ALL sincerity after just reading my DivaSmooth thread...:blush::sad::ohwell::nono::perplexed:sad:).

Good job noting progress,everyone. I've been out of pocket, so I'm trying to play catch-up.

Cheers~

^^^Puffy, my stomach has definitely shrunk, too bad i keep trying to force-feed it. I am getting fuller, quicker.

^^^I get hunger pains consistently. My metabolism is revved up and I am burning through my food at a consistent pace. By 11 am, I am full-fired ravenously hungry. My stomach begins to growl at about 10:30, sharp. I luv it.

I bought Acidopholous and it is awesome. It, along with the cocktail, is doing wonders for my digestion. Wonders.

Egglettes,
Let's welcome

~*SugarBaby, Queen_Earth, Lux In Musica, 20perlz & patient1*~

to our Nest!!!!!!
~Happy Waistlength Hair Growing, Chicas~

Last edited:
Okay, well, you guys know i cut my hair for Christmas, and I could barely grab my hair when wet...do you know i made a co-wash n go bun yesterday and I swear it was much, much easier? Like my hair had already grown substantially? I can't wait to take progress pics!!! I'm so HyPeD!!!

As promised, today's remix was (drumroll please)...

...peanut butter cup!

I just did my lazy version of the choc. blend and added a TBL of peanut butter. STOP THE MADNESS! Yes it ups the fat content a lil, but that's okay for me personally. It also ups the "smoothness" and yuminess factor as well. I am really enjoying this shake.

More progress reports please. I love to hear about results!

Thanks for your support, Egglettes, I appreciate each and every one of you as much as you appreciate me. Your support and kind words are soo encouraging. Share the love and the wisdom and reap the harvest!

Its day 7 for me and I absolutely love it! I have energy in the am. Every since I can remember, I was never a morning person. I have serious, I mean serious problems waking up in the morning, thus being late for work. Since taking the hair cocktail, I can get up at 5:00am with no problem.

I wish I would have known about back in High school, college and especially the last 12 years since I've held down a job...

I haven't really noticed skin or hair improvement but I cant wait to see the results in the very near future.

Thanks again Bronze!

Hi there ladies,

Bronze, thanks for this thread. I've been egging with ya'll all along but was on a no-post stubburn streak for the last half '08 (and no lurking either for Nov.)

So, since the jump, I have had nothing but excellent results. I read everything first, did some soul searching (I've had salmonella poisoning before, about a decade ago), and decided to go for it.

I love the benefits to my intestinal tract:blush:, my energy levels, and my skin. It's a great way for me to start my day since I typically do not eat lunch at school (the lunch period is too short and I need to monitor the students). This makes me superenergized and I'm full for the entire day.

I've remixed mine to include other stuff (fruit, peanut butter, maple syrup, etc.) but the fundamentals are always the same. It's great prior to a workout.

p1

Hi Ladies:

I have been following this thread but I have not read all of the pages so I don't know if anyone is doing this but...I read that some were looking for ways to add to the flavor of the shake.

I have been follwing the original recipe to the letter but I add this egg protein powder for flavor (I haven't tried the whey).
WheyProteinGroup.jpg

It has no sugar - its sweetened with stevia. They sell it at Whole Foods. You get 12 oz for $24. I know it's a little pricey but I use 1/2 scoop in each shake and it flavors it up great (and adds protein to boot). I have not experienced weight gain (I don't think) and since its egg whites - I hope I won't.

Just sharing....BTW God Bless OP for this shake. My hair had started to break badly. I had tried everything and it has finally stopped! Shake for life!

In my 1 week I have noticed this too! :yep:

Energy (which I need w/ the semester starting back) (and with working out again)
Fullness----keeps me full for quite awhile--which I DEF. luv! :lol:

Great drink already and if I see an impact on my hair.....no words!! :woot:

ayoung, thanks!:look::blush::grin::spinning:

BRONZE, this drink is the answer to sooooooooo many things. THANK-YOU!

Ok Bronze, that last post gave me the courage.

I have got my stuff and I am going to try it. I am a little concerned about the raw egg, but I am needing an energy boost,....so I am in. :yep:

I'm I the only one gaining weight from the shake :ohwell: Nothing and I mean nothing is helping me. I'm sure its me because I love to eat. Adding the shake simply meant more calories even tho I feel full just about all day. grrrrrr! Help Me!!!!!

I'm I the only one gaining weight from the shake :ohwell: Nothing and I mean nothing is helping me. I'm sure its me because I love to eat. Adding the shake simply meant more calories even tho I feel full just about all day. grrrrrr! Help Me!!!!!

Are you working out? You got to work out at least three times a week to help build up that muscle. If you are working out you are probably building muscle not fat which is going to make you weight more. Also are you using the shake as a meal replacement? Use it as a meal replacement if you can.

Great job!:dance7:

Okay, well, you guys know i cut my hair for Christmas, and I could barely grab my hair when wet...do you know i made a co-wash n go bun yesterday and I swear it was much, much easier? Like my hair had already grown substantially? I can't wait to take progress pics!!! I'm so HyPeD!!!

i'm still rolling w/ the shake. it's been a/b a month and half for me. it definitely gives me energy bc i remember when my squadron first started a different workout @ pt one morning. i could barely finish. i was so exhausted. we took a hiatus bc of the weather and the holidays. during this time i had started the shake. well last week when we had pt....i flew right through it. i was amazed. i was no where near as tired as i was last time. and i think my muscles are more defined. especially my abs. they are almost janet jackson status. lol. this shake is definitely a keeper for me. i just relaxed on jan 2, so i'll b back in a month to report how much growth i've attained.

Go Janet, Go Janet....Miss Jackson if you nasty!

:lachen:

Couldn't help it:look:

I changed my cocktail ingredients today...i was exotic...i added half a banana, 2 generous strawberries, a few good shakes of flaxseed...and :perplexed. For the first time, my cocktail was too thick to get down. I tossed a third of it, i could take no more. I've used banana before, so it must be the flaxseed. My shake just "swole" up. It was not a good thing. I even added more soymilk and it just bubbled and fizzed. :ohwell:. So tomorrow, i'm gonna leave that flaxseed where it's at. I wanted the benefit, but I don't like the taste or the texture, maybe I'll use less...

^^^Okay, for D3 that noted the "virility," results, I must concurr (sp?). I feel more like a tigress than usual, and my hubby ain't complaining. :blush:..this is a welcome addition to the other effects of the shake. I've got less sleep :yawn:, but definitely more zing in my zang, if you know what i mean :blush::lachen::blush:.

I think I noted a few new Egglettes...Welcome, Chicas.
You've just joined the best thread on LHCF (i mean this with ALL sincerity after just reading my DivaSmooth thread...:blush::sad::ohwell::nono::perplexed:sad:).

Good job noting progress,everyone. I've been out of pocket, so I'm trying to play catch-up.

Cheers~

Flaxseeds of Flaxseed oil. I used flaxseed oil and I don't get that. Maybe you could use less of it.

Maybe you can cut carbs too?

Ladies I need help. I don't have an appetite for anything. Eversince that stomach flu I've not been the same. I barely had one shake last week and I'm barely eating. I'm rejoining my track team tomorrow so hopefully the workouts are gonna force me to eat cuz I'll NEED the energy. I'll try to drink a shake in the morning b4 I leave for practice. I'd drink it now but I'll never sleep. Wish me luck.

Well I relaxed on the 5th and despite a lot of breakage and shedding from a hair coloring mishap, I saw some grownth. I stopped with the eggs for a few weeks but Im starting back up because it helps me lose weight (I dont know how), and my NG grew in more softer and manageable. I still havent gotten the rest of the mix yet so Im just reporting on the eggs' benefits for me.

Back