*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I am going to buy the stuff this weekend and begin my one a day (that's all right?) on Monday...I have been a lurking for the past week and have made a super long list of things that I want to try so I am not sure if I am doing too much or if I shouldn't try everything at once or not...b.u.t tonight I am perusing the site and getting my shopping list together THANKS GALS!

thankyou guys for the welcome!
yw monarae!

ive read most of this thread and i see that almost everyone is raving about thickness/growth. and shine. my question to you ladies who have tried and are still drinking this cocktail is: has this drink helped with sheddinng and the health of your ends/less breakage?

this doesnt make any sense! it's 5 am and im on here lol

Last edited:
Day 7 for me and i'm still a happy camper. Today I made a shake for my husband with 1 egg, and one for myself with 2 eggs instead of 3. Today i noticed, tingly feelings in my scalp. I feel like my scalp is ALIVE. weird huh????:lachen:My hair is weaved but thank goodness I took hair shots the before I did it which is when I started making the shakes.

Ladies, i love me some coconut water but be careful. Some of them have a high concentration of sugar and other things. I have yet to find one that is the natural coconut water but if anyone does...please...let me know.

Salmonella Warning

The news reported that this illness has been reported in several states.

They listed tainted/uncooked meat, vegetables, fruit and RAW EGGS as possible causes.

Someone recently posted that ingesting this bacteria is extremely rare, but, cleaning the eggshell with vinegar or placing it in boiling hot water for 10 seconds would make the RAW EGG safe.

I use both methods and have not had any problems.

Question,

How does cleaning w/ vinegar help? Are you using the ENTIRE egg (shell and all in the blender) or is it b/c the shell is somewhat permeable, therefore cleaning and boiling as an effect to the egg inside?

Thnks!

Salmonella Warning

The news reported that this illness has been reported in several states.

They listed tainted/uncooked meat, vegetables, fruit and RAW EGGS as possible causes.

Someone recently posted that ingesting this bacteria is extremely rare, but, cleaning the eggshell with vinegar or placing it in boiling hot water for 10 seconds would make the RAW EGG safe.

I use both methods and have not had any problems.

^^^I dunno how it helps. But, what I do is place the egg in boiling hot water for 10 seconds, then, take some cotton, put vinegar on it and wipe the entire egg shell.

I crack open the egg, tossing the egg contents into the blender and throw the egg shell away.

I guess we're only supposed to let the egg stay in the boiling water so that the composition won't be changed. (I cut the heat off of the pot before I place the egg inside of it).
HTH.

Last edited:
Hey Egglettes, How goes it? My hair is getting soo thick, I let it out of this pony, and it's like "BAMM!!" I was getting concerned bcs i'm transitioning and my natural hair wasn't as big as I thought it should be....I won't express those concerns again...uh uh, no way.

I used to feel really full after I drank this. Like, I wouldn't have to really eat throughout the day, but lately, I am hungry. I made my shake about 2 hours ago, and now I'm ready to eat. I feel like it goes straight through me now, like my metabolism burns off its energy really quickly. Is this a good thing? Are you ladies still really full from the shake, or have you begun feeling hunger pangs?

Also, my skin was looking good, but now, in the last few days that I have been drinking it again, it has a new clarity, freshness and radiance to it.

I have been taking drinking this shake for about five days and I have to say that it is a keeper. Some of the benefits so far:

1. More energy
2. better quality of sleep
3. glowing skin

All this after five days. In the past I would drink this shake without the wheat germ oil, raw wheat germ and got good results in regards to obtaining muscle tone. I think it is the wheat germ that is making my skin glow and my nails are growing faster as well. Today I added flax seed.

Ya know, I sleep well also. It never dawned on me that
it could be this drink.

I have been taking drinking this shake for about five days and I have to say that it is a keeper. Some of the benefits so far:

1. More energy
2. better quality of sleep
3. glowing skin

All this after five days. In the past I would drink this shake without the wheat germ oil, raw wheat germ and got good results in regards to obtaining muscle tone. I think it is the wheat germ that is making my skin glow and my nails are growing faster as well. Today I added flax seed.

I believe that if you are not gaining non-muscular weight than its a great thing.

I used to feel really full after I drank this. Like, I wouldn't have to really eat throughout the day, but lately, I am hungry. I made my shake about 2 hours ago, and now I'm ready to eat. I feel like it goes straight through me now, like my metabolism burns off its energy really quickly. Is this a good thing? Are you ladies still really full from the shake, or have you begun feeling hunger pangs?

Also, my skin was looking good, but now, in the last few days that I have been drinking it again, it has a new clarity, freshness and radiance to it.

I am sitting here waiting for the UPS man to deliver my eggs! I used the last of it this morning so, I don't have any! The tracking number says that it is out for delivery so I hope he comes because it is about 7pm here. I don't think they deliver after 7 :sad:

I might have to get up in the morning and drive over to Whole Foods to get some organic eggs.

This was such a great post, i remember when you shared this earlier...MBL thick hair, girl, that got me. It was like everything began to fall into place, to just "fit." You were one of the first people, besides the author and myself, that could verify of the potency of this on hair. I knew my cousins in Louisiana had this kinda hair and they drank this shake and were uber-smart. I think this drink helps your mental clarity as well, i'm gonna get my babes to drink, but first i gotta hide all the egg shells, i don't wanna freak them out. talk about picky eaters :ohwell:.

Thanks again for sharing, Puffy~

I'm just glad that you brought it back to life. This drink is redicously healthy.

Okay ladies, I took the plunge!!! So here's my review.........I'm officially an Egglet!!!:grin: Not bad, not bad at all. Here's what I crafted up:

And it wasn't bad at all!!! I was quite surprised at how it tasted, and I can see myself rockin' this concoction daily. You ladies got my vote. Tomorrow though, I'll leave out the cinnamon and nutmeg to see how it tastes. I just can't wait to get that wheatgerm oil to see how it tastes. Happy to be on board with the Egglets!!

I can't even taste the wheatgerm oil in the drink. However, I took some buy itself just to see what it taste
like. I don't care how healthy it is, I aint doing that aagin.

For me, it made my weight go down. I eat less and feel more energized even without exercise. My wii said my BMI went down, but my weight is the same. If I exercised more, I'd be a bad mama jamma!:lachen:

I was thinking the same thing. I have lost 12 pounds!

Question,

How does cleaning w/ vinegar help? Are you using the ENTIRE egg (shell and all in the blender) or is it b/c the shell is somewhat permeable, therefore cleaning and boiling as an effect to the egg inside?

Thnks!

That makes sense. When there is contamination on the egg it is on the outside of the egg. It is when we crack the egg that the egg (yolk and white) comes exposed to the bacteria. The bacteria takes a high temperature of heat to kill it but who cooks an egg up to 180 degrees. Talk about a "fried egg"!

----

My family bought large eggs instead of medium, and now I'm having trouble keeping the shake down. That's the only thing that's changed... It's interesting. I didn't think that would make a difference. I'm still drinking it though. :look:

My shake was going great until I added whey protein.I started feeling nauseated all day.I dont think I can aim for the 100g of protein its not agreeing w/ me.

I have been still faithfully waking up earlIER to take my shake. Which is hard for me because I'm use to waking up with just enough time to get ready and bolt out the door:look:. But I am so feeling the shake working that it's worth it. The energy I have is welcomed. I'm not going to Jack in the crack for those delicious breakfast sandwiches:lick:; I'm full from the shake.

My nails are still growing like crazy! I took my QW down maybe 2 hours ago and oiled my scalp and hair down with my pre-wash treatment of black jamaican castor oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. When I wash it tomorrow, I can see what type of growth I've had.

But is anyone else gaining weight or noticed that you were gaining weight from drinking the shake? If so, what did you take out to stop the weight gain

Don't feel bad MonaRae, cause I thought I take a lot of supplements. If it makes you feel any better here's my list:
  • b12 liquid drops (under tongue)
  • PHion Gold (prebiotic complex in shake)
  • Phion Green (alkalizing green super foods in shake)
  • Phion Indigo (antioxidant complex in shake)
  • acai capsules (in shake)
  • fish, flaxseed, and borage softgels (every other day)
  • ginko biloba (everyday)
  • chitosan (dietary supplement for carbs)
  • another supplement that contains: b6, choline, inositol, L-Methionine, taurine, betaine HCI, and barberry
  • Korean red ginseng (energy)
  • plus the stuff added to the shake (wheat germ, wheat germ oil, lecithin, flax seed oil)
Hmmm... Kelp! I was taking it a couple of weeks ago for weight loss but when I kept gaining weight I got discouraged. I will start it back up tomorrow.

I am also ashamed to list all the vitamins I am taking right now but I guess I better.

• Multi Vitamin
  • B-Complex
  • Vitamin B6 (50 mg)
  • Biotin (1 mg)
  • Propolis (1/2 tsp - started 4 days ago)
  • Zinc (50 mg b/c I got low iron)
  • N-Acetly-L_Cysteine (600 mg caught VJ -vitamin junkie from dsylla regimen earlier this year so I'm taking it till it runs out - hate to waste)
  • Vitamin D (2000 I.U. till it runs out)
  • MSM (2g)
  • Vitamin C (2g)
  • Super Seed (1/2 scoop - contains Chia seeds)
And believe it or not I throw all of them into my shake! I tell myself that I don't need to eat with all the vitamins I take daily! :giggle:

Yeah I add the coconut oil, it adds a natural sweetness to it! I love it, and I don't even like coconut.

Has anyone tried adding coconut oil to their shake? I ingest coconut oil raw, but I was wondering how it would affect the taste of the shake, you know, being that it has that coconut taste and all.

ETA: Do you have to take the shake on an empty stomach?

I was adding soy protein to my drink. The instructions call for 1 full scoop of the protein powder. When I started to gain weight I reduced it down to half a serving. It worked.

I have been still faithfully waking up earlIER to take my shake. Which is hard for me because I'm use to waking up with just enough time to get ready and bolt out the door:look:. But I am so feeling the shake working that it's worth it. The energy I have is welcomed. I'm not going to Jack in the crack for those delicious breakfast sandwiches:lick:; I'm full from the shake.

My nails are still growing like crazy! I took my QW down maybe 2 hours ago and oiled my scalp and hair down with my pre-wash treatment of black jamaican castor oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. When I wash it tomorrow, I can see what type of growth I've had.

But is anyone else gaining weight or noticed that you were gaining weight from drinking the shake? If so, what did you take out to stop the weight gain

Don't feel bad MonaRae, cause I thought I take a lot of supplements. If it makes you feel any better here's my list:
  • b12 liquid drops (under tongue)
  • PHion Gold (prebiotic complex in shake)
  • Phion Green (alkalizing green super foods in shake)
  • Phion Indigo (antioxidant complex in shake)
  • acai capsules (in shake)
  • fish, flaxseed, and borage softgels (every other day)
  • ginko biloba (everyday)
  • chitosan (dietary supplement for carbs)
  • another supplement that contains: b6, choline, inositol, L-Methionine, taurine, betaine HCI, and barberry
  • Korean red ginseng (energy)
  • plus the stuff added to the shake (wheat germ, wheat germ oil, lecithin, flax seed oil)

Is anyone taking supplements with their shakes? I haven't been feeling energized etc. Hmm. Maybe I should also change my diet.

Hi Ladies:

I have been following this thread but I have not read all of the pages so I don't know if anyone is doing this but...I read that some were looking for ways to add to the flavor of the shake.

I have been follwing the original recipe to the letter but I add this egg protein powder for flavor (I haven't tried the whey).
WheyProteinGroup.jpg

It has no sugar - its sweetened with stevia. They sell it at Whole Foods. You get 12 oz for $24. I know it's a little pricey but I use 1/2 scoop in each shake and it flavors it up great (and adds protein to boot). I have not experienced weight gain (I don't think) and since its egg whites - I hope I won't.

Just sharing....BTW God Bless OP for this shake. My hair had started to break badly. I had tried everything and it has finally stopped! Shake for life!

^^Yup. That's exactly what I add to my shakes. I used to do Whey, but now I prefer the Egg Whites much more. I guess in part because I wanted more egg to supplement the raw egg as well. I always get vanilla. The strawberry didn't taste that great to me and overpowered the flavor of my smoothie. Have you tried it?

I'm kind of curious to try the chocolate, but because they're so expensive, I think I better stick to what I know.

Hi there ladies,

Bronze, thanks for this thread. I've been egging with ya'll all along but was on a no-post stubburn streak for the last half '08 (and no lurking either for Nov.)

So, since the jump, I have had nothing but excellent results. I read everything first, did some soul searching (I've had salmonella poisoning before, about a decade ago), and decided to go for it.

I love the benefits to my intestinal tract:blush:, my energy levels, and my skin. It's a great way for me to start my day since I typically do not eat lunch at school (the lunch period is too short and I need to monitor the students). This makes me superenergized and I'm full for the entire day.

I've remixed mine to include other stuff (fruit, peanut butter, maple syrup, etc.) but the fundamentals are always the same. It's great prior to a workout.

p1

Its day 7 for me and I absolutely love it! I have energy in the am. Every since I can remember, I was never a morning person. I have serious, I mean serious problems waking up in the morning, thus being late for work. Since taking the hair cocktail, I can get up at 5:00am with no problem.

I wish I would have known about back in High school, college and especially the last 12 years since I've held down a job...

I haven't really noticed skin or hair improvement but I cant wait to see the results in the very near future.

Thanks again Bronze!

Day 7 for me (3 of using the entire egg). I'm loving it :yep: Energy is crazy.
Can't wait to see what I have to report in 4 weeks, 2 months and then 90 days! :woot:

I really like that first one!
Too late, I'm stuck with this one.
Can't wait til it gets here.

:lol: PB,

I've been thinking about a personal blender to take to work, too! At work sometimes I have a hankering for a shake/smoothie and it would be better than going to that darn vending machine:yep:

Like this:
0001857918354_215X215.jpg

or this:
0002233359735_215X215.jpg

Back