*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
I had my first shake last night. It wasn't bad, w/ some of the suggestions I have read, I think it could be good.

ALERT:

The energy I had was insane. I was so full, I didn't eat the rest of the night.

This is so great. Just what I needed.

Yesterday was supposed to be day 5 of me drinking the shake, but I got so caught up in stuff, it slipped my mind. And let me tell you, I could feel the effects of not drinking it.............I know that may seem a bit odd, but really, I felt so tired yesterday and last night, I even went to bed early (like 8:30 early):blush: I definitely will be drinking the shake again today before I hit the door:yep::yep:

As promised, today's remix was (drumroll please)...

...peanut butter cup!

I just did my lazy version of the choc. blend and added a TBL of peanut butter. STOP THE MADNESS! Yes it ups the fat content a lil, but that's okay for me personally. It also ups the "smoothness" and yuminess factor as well. I am really enjoying this shake.

More progress reports please. I love to hear about results!

I love your ideas for adding different ingredients....Thanks for the twists.

Keep it up. :yep:

I went through the first couple of pages of this thread trying to find the benefits of flaxseed oil and realized how negative people were first being about this drink. Now this thread is 100+ pages long.....Things that you go hmmmmmm.....

Anyway, just thought I'd share that random thought.

just checking in. drinking mine now. i have 2 large scoops of flaxseed powder. it does make the drink very thick. takes me awhile to get it down, but i like the texture it gives the shake. enjoy your drink and have an energy filled productive day!

I'm I the only one gaining weight from the shake :ohwell: Nothing and I mean nothing is helping me. I'm sure its me because I love to eat. Adding the shake simply meant more calories even tho I feel full just about all day. grrrrrr! Help Me!!!!!
I was also concerned about weight gain. I eliminated the whey powder, and that helped big time. My boobs are still "perked," but my hubbies happy and I can still wear my same pleasantries, so I'm okay, until my weight release kicks in.

Are you working out? You got to work out at least three times a week to help build up that muscle. If you are working out you are probably building muscle not fat which is going to make you weight more. Also are you using the shake as a meal replacement? Use it as a meal replacement if you can.
That's what i did, but until i cut out the whey, i still bulked up...uh,no to working out, though :nono:. uh uh.

Ladies I need help. I don't have an appetite for anything. Eversince that stomach flu I've not been the same. I barely had one shake last week and I'm barely eating. I'm rejoining my track team tomorrow so hopefully the workouts are gonna force me to eat cuz I'll NEED the energy. I'll try to drink a shake in the morning b4 I leave for practice. I'd drink it now but I'll never sleep. Wish me luck.
Come on, back. We miss you. Shake it off. You were making such progress. You won't have a choice once you start training, you can't exist without eating...take care of yourself and MAKE yourself drink this.

I went through the first couple of pages of this thread trying to find the benefits of flaxseed oil and realized how negative people were first being about this drink. Now this thread is 100+ pages long.....Things that you go hmmmmmm.....

Anyway, just thought I'd share that random thought.
Honey, that's why you have to stay focused and forge ahead. There will always be naysayers, just for the heck of it. They haven't tried it, but they'll knock it. That's why I continued my commitment to post and for those looking for answers, I tried to be there. They are missing out, I must say, but hey, to each his own. Great observation.

Are you working out? You got to work out at least three times a week to help build up that muscle. If you are working out you are probably building muscle not fat which is going to make you weight more. Also are you using the shake as a meal replacement? Use it as a meal replacement if you can.

I started a exercise regimen yesterday (1/12) and today I'm starting to count my calories. The shake is a meal replacement and I eat 2 - 4 hours after I had the shake.

Without a shadow of a doubt its me. I am working on me and hope to get things under-control ASAP.

My new regimen is Treadmill or Ellipital machine 30 - 40 minutes Monday - Friday and 1200 calories daily. :up:

PuffyBrown - Thanks for the carb tip! :up: I will try to track them as well.

Last edited:
MonaRae, when you find a solution, let me know. I haven't lost weight, but i haven't gained anymore since I stopped adding whey protein.

I was hoping I'd slim down a la Puffy, but haven't just yet. Ofcourse, I need to change some things I'm doing daily. I do notice that my eating portions are smaller, however, I need to eliminate a few things to start whittling my waist...I'll keep you posted.

I started a exercise regimen yesterday (1/12) and today I'm starting to count my calories. The shake is a meal replacement and I eat 2 - 4 hours after I had the shake.

Without a shadow of a doubt its me. I am working on me and hope to get things under-control ASAP.

My new regimen is Treadmill or Ellipital machine 30 - 40 minutes Monday - Friday and 1200 calories daily. :up:

PuffyBrown - Thanks for the carb tip! :up: I will try to track them as well.

Dang Mona, 1200 calories a day. I hope you are eating an extra 1200 calories to make up for that. If your day consists of 1200-1500 calories you are left with only 300 calories for food intake; :nono:. I found that if I have a 1200-1500 daily food intake with <60gr/mg fat and <120g/mg of carbs work well with burning 300 - 500 calories daily. You can burn a ton of calories by doing light weight an pilates. Thats after you hit the treadmill for about 30-45 minutes. Really truely burning 1200 calories is A LOT! Just be careful honey.

Sorry no soda, no candy and 1 item from the bread group daily. I found that cutting bread helps alot unless you get that low carb bread at whole foods that is too $rich for me. Let us know how it works out.

PS. I could remember if it is g or mgs on the above. I have to research that when I get home from work.

MonaRae, when you find a solution, let me know. I haven't lost weight, but i haven't gained anymore since I stopped adding whey protein.

I was hoping I'd slim down a la Puffy, but haven't just yet. Ofcourse, I need to change some things I'm doing daily. I do notice that my eating portions are smaller, however, I need to eliminate a few things to start whittling my waist...I'll keep you posted.

I am losing weight consistently and honestly I don't even exercise

Last edited:
Dang Mona, 1200 calories a day. I hope you are eating an extra 1200 calories to make up for that. If your day consists of 1200-1500 calories you are left with only 300 calories for food intake; :nono:. I found that if I have a 1200-1500 daily food intake with <60gr/mg fat and <120g/mg of carbs work well with burning 300 - 500 calories daily. You can burn a ton of calories by doing light weight an pilates. Thats after you hit the treadmill for about 30-45 minutes. Really truely burning 1200 calories is A LOT! Just be careful honey.

Sorry no soda, no candy and 1 item from the bread group daily. I found that cutting bread helps alot unless you get that low carb bread at whole foods that is too $rich for me. Let us know how it works out.

PS. I could remember if it is g or mgs on the above. I have to research that when I get home from work.

Okay, Puffy~ Rub it in, already. :spinning:. I pray to have those results, without exercise, even!

I'm not sure what you mean by this but I think you misunderstood me. I plan on eating 1200 a day and exercising 30 - 40 minutes daily Monday - Friday.

I've been slacking on the serious!!

I jump started back into the egg cocktail this weekend, using two eggs instead of one. I almost forgot how tasty the drink is, and how full it makes me. I just bought flaxseed oil, I'm going to use that in place of the wheat germ.

I'm happy you ladies are still going strong and that there are so many new converts!

Hey Y'all just checking in. I have finished 1 dozen eggs and 1 bottle of wheat germ oil so far. I haven't missed a day on the shake. I can't sleep I am so wired with energy. I cut out the carnation and added a small scoop of chocolate soy protein (25 grams of protein) and I cut back on the brewer's yeast. Most of the bad side effects have stopped. My skin is breaking out but I think that may be because of MSM, so I will stop taking that to see if the bumps go away.

For those not losing weight, what are you doing with the extra energy the shake gives you? Im hyper so Im constantly moving around because of the energy, and I eat small portions. I don't have a scale so I don't know if I've lost any weight but my clothes are roomier.

And yes, I finally noticed some hair growth, a substantial amount to say I have only been drinking the shake for 14 days. Thanks again Bronze, this drink has sparked a whole bunch of positive changes in the way I care for my body.

Hey ladies, just checkin in. Today my DH told me that my ponytail looks fake :grin:. I took it as a compliment. Yay, this shake is working. Can't wait to see my results and post for you ladies in Feb/March.

A little encouragemnt with the wheat germ oil (i thought I posted this last night)

Most supplements for animal coats features wheat germ oil or is composed entirely of it. Only a few drops are added to their food in order to enhance the shine and health of the coat and skin. So there's definitely something to this (as we already know).

I'm missing The Shake right now and looking forward to ending my fast. :)

p1

Oh I get it!
Honey I thought you was saying that you were trying to burn 1200 calories while exercising. I was like :blush:. Thanks for letting me know.

I'm not sure what you mean by this but I think you misunderstood me. I plan on eating 1200 a day and exercising 30 - 40 minutes daily Monday - Friday.

:lol:! You scared me! It look like you was typing in greek! My bad tho, I should of typed "and a 1200 diet" :giggle: Thanks for looking out for me sis!

Come on, back. We miss you. Shake it off. You were making such progress. You won't have a choice once you start training, you can't exist without eating...take care of yourself and MAKE yourself drink this.

I went to train yesterday and wanted to die. It took everything out of me to the point where I had a headache and I know it's because of my diet. I ate when I got home and I slept WELL. No burning eyes when I woke up. I must admit I didn't have a shake yesterday but I'm off to make one now. I'll be back but it's taking some time.

Hey Y'all just checking in. I have finished 1 dozen eggs and 1 bottle of wheat germ oil so far. I haven't missed a day on the shake. I can't sleep I am so wired with energy. I cut out the carnation and added a small scoop of chocolate soy protein (25 grams of protein) and I cut back on the brewer's yeast. Most of the bad side effects have stopped. My skin is breaking out but I think that may be because of MSM, so I will stop taking that to see if the bumps go away.

For those not losing weight, what are you doing with the extra energy the shake gives you? Im hyper so Im constantly moving around because of the energy, and I eat small portions. I don't have a scale so I don't know if I've lost any weight but my clothes are roomier. Honey, I'm in the classroom and I need all the nrg I can muster with my 8th graders, so trust, by mid-day, my hyperactivity is all burned out.

And yes, I finally noticed some hair growth, a substantial amount to say I have only been drinking the shake for 14 days. Thanks again Bronze, this drink has sparked a whole bunch of positive changes in the way I care for my body.
{{{hug}}} you're welcome~

I've been slacking on the serious!!

I jump started back into the egg cocktail this weekend, using two eggs instead of one. I almost forgot how tasty the drink is, and how full it makes me. I just bought flaxseed oil, I'm going to use that in place of the wheat germ.

I'm happy you ladies are still going strong and that there are so many new converts!
So many new Egglettes, good things will never be hidden in the dark~

Hey ladies, just checkin in. Today my DH told me that my ponytail looks fake :grin:. I took it as a compliment. Yay, this shake is working. Can't wait to see my results and post for you ladies in Feb/March.
I love "compliments" like these, I used to get them all the time :ohwell:. I'm expecting them to start again...

Question ladies:

What are the benefits of the flaxseed oil?

:drunk:Just a few more days until my progress pics!:drunk:

There are tons of benefits. I started using for acne, and it worked wonders. In the process my hair became stronger and thus I retained length. It also help with cholestoral, blood pressure, prevention of some diseases. Just google it and you'll learn so much more about it.:grin:

There are tons of benefits. I started using for acne, and it worked wonders. In the process my hair became stronger and thus I retained length. It also help with cholestoral, blood pressure, prevention of some diseases. Just google it and you'll learn so much more about it.:grin:
Peppers01, I'm glad you posted, I was thinking about your hair last night, and said I would have to comment....you are doing a great job, girl your hair will be to your tush really quickly...keep up the GREAT work, honestly. I'm excited for you...You'll be at the Houston meet-up, right?

Any other H-town Ladies, come on out~I think it's in Feb :yep: Hope to see y'all, soon!

I just made my shake and today is the first day that I noticed, I've been using Wheatbran flakes instead of raw wheatgerm! :perplexed I'm going to buy some wheatgerm this weekend and will probably continue using the wheatbran as well as it has a lot of fiber. Oh well.

Also, going to pick up more wheatgerm oil. I was really inspired by the post from patient1 about it being used in animal products for shiny coats.

I just made my shake and today is the first day that I noticed, I've been using Wheatbran flakes instead of raw wheatgerm! :perplexed I'm going to buy some wheatgerm this weekend and will probably continue using the wheatbran as well as it has a lot of fiber. Oh well.

Also, going to pick up more wheatgerm oil. I was really inspired by the post from patient1 about it being used in animal products for shiny coats.
I'm sorry tallnomad, well at least you were getting good fiber...:look:. I had strawberries and blueberries in my shake, delish! I can not add two tblspns of flaxseed to my cocktail, it is uber-thick and will not go down my throat, i just can't, so i shake it on, just a tad. I hope it's enough to do some good. It's no where near the recommended dosage. :nono:

DON'T DO THIS!

I have been using soy milk to drink my shakes right?
So, this week I haven't felt like eating food. The only food that I have had this week is what I eat for lunch. I have been feeling really good in doing this. Soooo, I was trying to prevent using
all of my soy milk as the case that I buy last about a month. I decided to make with milk (2%). OMG....that stuff tore my stomach up. I should have known better. After I realized the cramps were going absolutely nowhere, I took a ZANTAC. It took at least 30 minutes to kick in. Pure agony. If you want something to
keep you up at night it was that! Soy from now own. I will just get an extra case from now on. Should have known not to drink 12 oz of milk as I can only handle a little at a time. Whew!

I so want to try this. But, not sure if I want to use the wheat germ and wheat germ oil. You all are starting to convince me to try it, but now I'm reading about possible weight gain (that part scares me).

Back