*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Okay,

...so I've gotta locate some wheat germ oil later today, but I've got wheat germ. I'll be adding 4 (2400MG per serving) Rexall Naturals Flax seed oil gelcaps to the mix from Wal-Mart. Milk and eggs are never in short supply in our home. And being a (lacto-ovo) vegetarian, fruit and veggies are usually readily available. It's currently backordered, but I will later be putting Muscle Milk's Brownie Batter (I see you drooling) protein powder in as well (GNC).

That having been said...

I'm in Egglets!LOL!

The fruit for today was peaches. They weren't too sweet so I did add a Tbl of honey to sweeten. IMHO...not too shabby at all!

Ladies, this is day 4 for me so i'm officially jumping on the egglett bandwagon. I have been following you ladies for a while and watching your results and dammit, I dont want to be thinking later on.....if only i joined early out where would i be now:grin:. I'm not only jumping in for the hair benefits but for the overall health benefits. My shake:
3 eggs, flaxseed oil, raw wheat germ, soy milk, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon. I couldn't find wheat germ oil but I did find it in the capsules so i also take 1 with the drink. l

btw.....this thread is a good read!!!!!!!

Hi everybody!! I am new to the forum and I really want to try this. I have the organic eggs, the wheat germ and the silk soy vanilla but I don't have the wheat germ oil and I don't know where to get it so my question is, is it ok to just use my spectrum flax oil instead? Also, my wheat germ is the toasted kind I think. I got it from the grocery store in the cereal aisle so will the shake still be as effective with my ingredients? Thanks in advance ladies! I am so anxious to get started! :yep:

WELCOME EGGLETTS!

I have been off my cocktail for a week and 2 days. I can already tell the difference in my skin and nails. my nail growth slowed down and my face is looking tired and I have had some breakouts. I am going to the store tomorrow to buy some eggs and get back on track.

I've been falling off. I haven't had a shake since my stomach flu. I feel so bad. I'm gonna go make one in a few minutes. Since that stomach flu I haven't had a craving for much. I need to jump back into my routine.
Oh, come on, GSista, we need ya, fight that ole flu off, you've got great hair to grow. We're here for you {hug}

I have been off my cocktail for a week and 2 days. I can already tell the difference in my skin and nails. my nail growth slowed down and my face is looking tired and I have had some breakouts. I am going to the store tomorrow to buy some eggs and get back on track.
That's remarkable. you can tell the difference already? That's why I try to not go more than a weekend without my cocktail, i don't want to lose progress. In the early morning rush, it's easy for me to slip. I need to get a fridge and keep all my ingredients at work. For real. I hope to do this in a month, tops. :yep:

Oh, come on, GSista, we need ya, fight that ole flu off, you've got great hair to grow. We're here for you {hug}

That's remarkable. you can tell the difference already? That's why I try to not go more than a weekend without my cocktail, i don't want to lose progress. In the early morning rush, it's easy for me to slip. I need to get a fridge and keep all my ingredients at work. For real. I hope to do this in a month, tops. :yep:

The flu went away in a day but since then my appetite has changed. I've been living off soups and salads and gatorade. I guess my body is telling me something. Last time I had a stomach flu I was the same way after.

it is amazing how this product works.
Just think something so simple right under
your nose and you don't even know it.
As I said earlier, my mom made this drink for
my sister and I when we were young and I had
MBL thick hair. I am certain that the the drink was apart
of that. The "egg" scare is the reason she stopped making it.
That recipe (I asked) was
Eggs
Milk
Mineral or Castor Oil (remember when people used to ingest mineral oil?)
Cinnamon.

I don't remember the taste but I think it
probally would have tasted the same.

Quick clarification question:

Are you ladies using the whole egg or just the egg whites???

From what I understand the protein is in the egg white---but if you are using the entire egg...what are the benifits?

Thanks ladies!

Oh, and this is day 4--going strong!

Okay, while I have been doing the raw egg thing, I have been contemplating on doing the cocktail shake. I have only question right now: how does the shake taste? I really would like to try this out, but I don't want to drink something that's going to make me have a bad gag reflex.

Okay, while I have been doing the raw egg thing, I have been contemplating on doing the cocktail shake. I have only question right now: how does the shake taste? I really would like to try this out, but I don't want to drink something that's going to make me have a bad gag reflex.

To me the shake is yummy. I normally add a banana,nutmeg and vanilla extract to mine but today I added frozen fruit (mangoes,strawberries,peaches) and it was extra delicious-like icecream. I use 3 eggs and I can't taste eggs at all.

So today is day 5. Wow, I can't wait to do a full month. Results so far are that i'm more regular (love this) and my body feels alive. Hard to explain but that's how I feel. I can't wait to get the glowing healthy skin and hair benefits.

I realize today that my mix is high in calories so i'm just gonna eat very well for the rest of my meals. I'm currently working out trying to get rid of the extra pounds from pregnancy (had baby Oct.3) and eating really healthy is already on my agenda so i'm good. I could pull back ingredients from my shake but "why would I?" :lick::yep:

Hello Fellow Egglettes!
Since I have to wait patiently for the arrival of my Brownie Batter protein powder, today's blend consisted of the usual suspects (egg, wheat germ, (off to get WGO today), Flax seed oil & milk) and to curb the chocolate craving I added some cocoa powder (unsweetened) and sweetened it up with honey. Uhhh....yum....but I still want my brownie batter.LOL!

And I thought you might like this handy little tool (of which I ordered 2) for Egglettes on the go like myself: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...r=1&kw=shaker&origkw=shaker&parentPage=search

What? No more carpal tunnel from shaking the blend manually???LOL! Gotta love that...

From what I understand the protein is in the egg white---but if you are using the entire egg...what are the benifits?

Thanks ladies!

Most of us are using the entire egg. The benefits have been posted throughout the thread, i'll do a quick run-down...extra energy, glowing skin, looking more youthful, appetite decreasing, sugar and carb craving decreased, and of course wild growth of hair, and softening of hair texture..... i think we'll look like the mixed chicks in the banner above real soon....i used to look like that, not so long ago....oh, well :rolleyes:.

trust us, you won't gag, it's quite good. i added cinnamon to my cocktail, *Thanks, Egglettes, for hipping me on to this*, and it was SOOOO good. All I added was cinnamon, i didn't even go so far to add vanilla and nutmeg, so i can just imagine....anyhoo, Miss_Cherokee, you'll love it, promise~

Hello Fellow Egglettes!
Since I have to wait patiently for the arrival of my Brownie Batter protein powder, today's blend consisted of the usual suspects (egg, wheat germ, (off to get WGO today), Flax seed oil & milk) and to curb the chocolate craving I added some cocoa powder (unsweetened) good call, throw a little cinnamon and girl, i bet this is da bomb! i love chocolate and cinnamon and sweetened it up with honey. Uhhh....yum....but I still want my brownie batter.LOL!

And I thought you might like this handy little tool (of which I ordered 2) for Egglettes on the go like myself: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.js...r=1&kw=shaker&origkw=shaker&parentPage=search

What? No more carpal tunnel from shaking the blend manually???LOL! Gotta love that...
OH, snap! That's what's up!!!! I luv it, <3 it, love it! I'm getting this, for sure...., it seems even simpler than the one i have at home, and it looks way cooler :spinning:. I need one for work, so i'll hit this place up this week. Thanks, Chica~

it is amazing how this product works.
Just think something so simple right under
your nose and you don't even know it.
As I said earlier, my mom made this drink for
my sister and I when we were young and I had
MBL thick hair. I am certain that the the drink was apart
of that. The "egg" scare is the reason she stopped making it. That's why you really have to be careful who's information you take in...i was a journalism major and reporter and i hardly watch the news, if ever. I think sometimes it does more harm than good.
That recipe (I asked) was
Eggs
Milk
Mineral or Castor Oil (remember when people used to ingest mineral oil?)
Cinnamon.

I don't remember the taste but I think it
probally would have tasted the same.
This was such a great post, i remember when you shared this earlier...MBL thick hair, girl, that got me. It was like everything began to fall into place, to just "fit." You were one of the first people, besides the author and myself, that could verify of the potency of this on hair. I knew my cousins in Louisiana had this kinda hair and they drank this shake and were uber-smart. I think this drink helps your mental clarity as well, i'm gonna get my babes to drink, but first i gotta hide all the egg shells, i don't wanna freak them out. talk about picky eaters :ohwell:.

Thanks again for sharing, Puffy~

Hello Fellow Egglettes!
Since I have to wait patiently for the arrival of my Brownie Batter protein powder, today's blend consisted of the usual suspects (egg, wheat germ, (off to get WGO today), Flax seed oil & milk) and to curb the chocolate craving I added some cocoa powder (unsweetened) and sweetened it up with honey. Uhhh....yum....but I still want my brownie batter.LOL!

And I thought you might like this handy little tool (of which I ordered 2) for Egglettes on the go like myself: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133694&cp=&sr=1&kw=shaker&origkw=shaker&parentPage=search

my coworker has one of these. it's ok as long as you don't have anything like fruit in there. it won't mash it up at all. it's good for liquids only really. i was wanting to get one but i realized it's not that strong to mash up half of the banana that i put in my mix. it definitely won't chop up any frozen fruits.

Hmmm, portable smoothie maker....gotta look into that!

Thanks for the clarificiation about the entire egg vs. just the egg whites.

I'll give that a try for the 2nd week and compare.
I want to keep the calories down......my drink is 150 calories at the most so if i add the yolk I should still be ok. (I use mine as supplement, not a meal replacement)

Thnks agin BBS

Thanks ladies!

I think if I decide to do the shake thingie, then I'll only be using the egg yolk. The reasons are because I'm accustomed to consuming it raw now, and plus the egg whites are considered to be a Biotin robber. So ladies who are eating the egg whites (raw) also, please be careful. I can't remember exactly where I got the info from, I do remember getting it from some pretty good sources though, but egg whites can naturally rob the body of Biotin, and we all know how much we need Biotin.

Hey Ladies. About to go make mine now. I started back yesterday officially and it was SO good! I spilled half of it, so I had to remake it which I didn't mind.

I got my hair rebraided over the weekend, and it was super moisturized! And my hair is usually like dry dull hay after braids. I'm also taking salmon oil pills, so that could have helped with the moisture as well.

My skin is still doing well, even though it had been nearly two weeks since I made the shake. My fingernails are decent, they never really grow that long for me, BUT my toenails are off the hook! :blush: They are long and super strong and very thick. Anyone else notice some industrial strength toenails?

To me the shake is yummy. I normally add a banana,nutmeg and vanilla extract to mine but today I added frozen fruit (mangoes,strawberries,peaches) and it was extra delicious-like icecream. I use 3 eggs and I can't taste eggs at all.

So today is day 5. Wow, I can't wait to do a full month. Results so far are that i'm more regular (love this) and my body feels alive. Hard to explain but that's how I feel. I can't wait to get the glowing healthy skin and hair benefits.

I realize today that my mix is high in calories so i'm just gonna eat very well for the rest of my meals. I'm currently working out trying to get rid of the extra pounds from pregnancy (had baby Oct.3) and eating really healthy is already on my agenda so i'm good. I could pull back ingredients from my shake but "why would I?" :lick::yep:
What are the main ingredients in your shake? Please forgive me, I've been trying to keep up with this thread, but I lost track:grin:

Most of us are using the entire egg. The benefits have been posted throughout the thread, i'll do a quick run-down...extra energy, glowing skin, looking more youthful, appetite decreasing, sugar and carb craving decreased, and of course wild growth of hair, and softening of hair texture..... i think we'll look like the mixed chicks in the banner above real soon....i used to look like that, not so long ago....oh, well :rolleyes:.

trust us, you won't gag, it's quite good. i added cinnamon to my cocktail, *Thanks, Egglettes, for hipping me on to this*, and it was SOOOO good. All I added was cinnamon, i didn't even go so far to add vanilla and nutmeg, so i can just imagine....anyhoo, Miss_Cherokee, you'll love it, promise~
Thanks bronze, I'm looking forward to trying it. Tell me though, what are the main, basic ingredients in the shake? I know people have been modifying the originals, so I'm wondering what you all are using.

Only 150 calories! Please share!

:lol: 150 calories b/c mine is a 'drink' and not a 'smoothie'. It is very simple--just to get into my system what I want---lol---not for taste or to be yummy. My multi-vit is NASTY so I just chug my drink....

1 cup Silk (Vanilla) 100
1 Egg White ~20 (gonna try the entire egg next which is ~70 cal)
~2tsp Flaxseed Oil ~20
Multi-vitamin powder --
Total= ~140

I drink it in the moning

Sometimes I do cranberry, OJ, or Apple Juice--but I half the calories by using 1/2 cup of juice and 1/2 cup of water.

HTH

Last edited:
Thanks bronze, I'm looking forward to trying it. Tell me though, what are the main, basic ingredients in the shake? I know people have been modifying the originals, so I'm wondering what you all are using.

Here's the original recipe that Bronze posted:

Hair Cocktail Ingredients:
3/4 glass of whole milk (I used SilkSoy Vanilla)
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season

blend at low speed for thirty to sixty seconds. drink this blended mixture promptly. this drink should serve as your complete breakfast. do not eat or drink anything else for two hours after drinking this mixture. keep all ingredients refrigerated until use. once you notice the changes in your hair you may cut down on the daily intake of the hair cocktail and take it only twice a week. ofcourse, since it is a healthful drink, you may prefer to continue taking it indefinitely.

This is my modification of the original:

frozen mixed berries, wheat germ powder, brewer's yeast, lecithin, a big scoop or 2 of vanilla egg white protein powder, almond milk, agave nectar, liquid multivitamin, fresh romaine lettuce and spinach, EGG. Today I added cinnamon--delish.

Hey Ladies. About to go make mine now. I started back yesterday officially and it was SO good! I spilled half of it, so I had to remake it which I didn't mind.

I got my hair rebraided over the weekend, and it was super moisturized! And my hair is usually like dry dull hay after braids. I'm also taking salmon oil pills, so that could have helped with the moisture as well.

My skin is still doing well, even though it had been nearly two weeks since I made the shake. My fingernails are decent, they never really grow that long for me, BUT my toenails are off the hook! :blush: They are long and super strong and very thick. Anyone else notice some industrial strength toenails?
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

No to the above question, but, my hair is growing everywhere---and I mean everywhere!

Hello Fellow Egglettes!

I hate you!! Now I have to go buy this. J/K girl. I'll love this for traveling. Good tip.

No, but :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Here's the original recipe that Bronze posted:

Hair Cocktail Ingredients:
3/4 glass of whole milk (I used SilkSoy Vanilla)
1 raw egg
1 tblspn raw wheat germ oil
2 tblspns raw wheat germ
for flavor, you may add a piece of fruit in season

blend at low speed for thirty to sixty seconds. drink this blended mixture promptly. this drink should serve as your complete breakfast. do not eat or drink anything else for two hours after drinking this mixture. keep all ingredients refrigerated until use. once you notice the changes in your hair you may cut down on the daily intake of the hair cocktail and take it only twice a week. ofcourse, since it is a healthful drink, you may prefer to continue taking it indefinitely.

This is my modification of the original:

frozen mixed berries, wheat germ powder, brewer's yeast, lecithin, a big scoop or 2 of vanilla egg white protein powder, almond milk, agave nectar, liquid multivitamin, fresh romaine lettuce and spinach, EGG. Today I added cinnamon--delish.
Thanks! With the exception of lettuce and spinach, your shake sounds yummy:lick:

I think if I decide to do the shake thingie, then I'll only be using the egg yolk. The reasons are because I'm accustomed to consuming it raw now, and plus the egg whites are considered to be a Biotin robber. So ladies who are eating the egg whites (raw) also, please be careful. I can't remember exactly where I got the info from, I do remember getting it from some pretty good sources though, but egg whites can naturally rob the body of Biotin, and we all know how much we need Biotin.
We discussed this early on and found that it had to be an alarming amount of egg white consumption to deplete Biotin levels, 30 eggs per day couldn't even do it. I forget which post, but it was early in the life of this thread. We realized our Biotin levels are not being threatened, so we can take the yolk and whites :lick:, those of us who wish to, anyway.

Thanks! With the exception of lettuce and spinach, your shake sounds yummy:lick:

Thanks, but I can assure you it's yummy even with the lettuce and spinach. I find that the greens help to ground me because with the fruit, I can be a bit loopy. Because the greens are water-based, you really don't even taste them at all. And of course they contain lots of vitamin A and other essential goodies. :yep:

Back