*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Egglettes, welcome Mrsjones to our Nest!!!

So, I take it you've been on the band wagon for a while, now? How long have you been cocktailin' it? Happy to have you. Doing at night gives me too much energy. I wanna go to bed :yawn:.

No one welcomed me. :sad:
I have been taking the cocktail almost every day since 7/1, but haven't had the wheat germ or its oil since 7/15. Without them I experience no bloating. I tried putting only a teaspoon and the bloating came back, and even beano doesn't help so I haven't been using it at all. :nono: I tried to give up the shake all together but I like the energy and satiety it gives me. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
:nono: Say it ain't so?!!!? No welcome for you?:nono:

I'm so sorry, NappyMD. I truly am.

If you started at the beginning of this month, my nephew had just passed and i was all over the place, not much on the board.

Egglettes, join me in giving a great big welcom to our newest Egglette NappyMD to our Nest!!!

{{{{{{GREAT BIG HUG}}}}}}

I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I'll welcome you twice before I'll go without, just to make sure.

You are truly welcomed here. :yep:

Now, about bloating. Try just adding wheat germ in a small amount and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, try adding only wheat germ oil in a small amount. If neither works, then you can always use flax seed and/or flax oil to your cocktail - they also have great benefits. If you don't want flax oil, any other good efa oil will work wonders.

Let us know how that goes and we'll try and help.

We are here for ya.
Blessings,
~Br*nze

I have been taking the cocktail almost every day since 7/1, but haven't had the wheat germ or its oil since 7/15. Without them I experience no bloating. I tried putting only a teaspoon and the bloating came back, and even beano doesn't help so I haven't been using it at all. :nono: I tried to give up the shake all together but I like the energy and satiety it gives me. Any suggestions?

Hi ladies, I have been following along for a few weeks now and tomorrow will be my first day trying out the shake. I am currently apl , really hoping to get to bsl by the end of this year.

Welcome Egglette Ajenee to our nest!
Thanks for joining us, you will <3 the results of the cocktail. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. You'll be pleasantly surprised. :yep:
Hi ladies, I have been following along for a few weeks now and tomorrow will be my first day trying out the shake. I am currently apl , really hoping to get to bsl by the end of this year.

Hair Hustla,

Guuuuuurl. Your growth is OFF THE METER!:spinning: I don't think I can handle an update pic. I'm still licking my wounds from my May setback :lachen::lachen:
My sides are catching up, and my crown is certainly healthier.:yep:

..Keep up the great work, Sis!

I was just bustin' your chops, now I feel guilty! Really no big deal. I knew some praying was going on for a while and wasn't sure if you were accepting new egglettes anyway. I will try a tiny amount as you say, if not I have eaten flax seeds without a problem so I'll use that instead (and maybe ship my Boyle to one of y'all :look:)

I hope the shake isn't somehow causing weight problems. I tried to take a poll but got little response. :sad:

:nono: Say it ain't so?!!!? No welcome for you?:nono:

I'm so sorry, NappyMD. I truly am.

If you started at the beginning of this month, my nephew had just passed and i was all over the place, not much on the board.

Egglettes, join me in giving a great big welcom to our newest Egglette NappyMD to our Nest!!!

{{{{{{GREAT BIG HUG}}}}}}

I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I'll welcome you twice before I'll go without, just to make sure.

You are truly welcomed here. :yep:

Now, about bloating. Try just adding wheat germ in a small amount and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, try adding only wheat germ oil in a small amount. If neither works, then you can always use flax seed and/or flax oil to your cocktail - they also have great benefits. If you don't want flax oil, any other good efa oil will work wonders.

Let us know how that goes and we'll try and help.

We are here for ya.
Blessings,
~Br*nze

hi egglettes! i've been very very busy lately and apologize i haven't been on much.

I am so sorry to hear about everyone's misfortune lately, but the rain will not last forever and there are brighter days ahead for us all.

getting one's life together requires a lot of work and determination!! there were a few days when i missed the cocktail or delayed having it until later in the day, but i'm still on it. i won't ever fall off completely.

BF is still cocktailing it...sometimes he has one twice a day and asks for it as soon as we wake up in the morning and as soon as we get in the door in the evenings. (we are carpooling since my car broke down last tuesday)...

he has even tried the chlorella tablets....still haven't switched to the powder but we will! I am just so shocked because he has always put up so much resistance with everything i suggest to him.

he is noticing all the extra health benefits from the cocktail as well and can now see where i was coming from when i first discovered the drink.

i have a few july pics to upload to my fotki but july was really busy for me so i was not really on it with the hair. i even gave up the head wraps and baggied buns for a while but still tried to keep my hair up in a ponytail or wet bun most days. i probably had it down 3-4 times this month.

haven't cocktailed it this morning yet but i will in a few minutes.

everyone's progress is amazing!!! keep up the good work.

also, welcome to all the new egglettes that have decided to join our nest!!!

to the egglette who was asking which page everyone's pics are on (until we can find the progress pics thread or either get it up and running) I will have to surf through the thread and get back to you on which page mine are on.

I hope I didn't leave anyone or anything out but if i did, please forgive me!

have a most eggscellent day egglettes!

Hi Nappy and happy belated welcome...so sorry about that!
Have you tried the shake with just wheat germ oil? No actual wheat germ? Also you could do it with just flax seed instead of wheat germ. Let me know how it goes and again a very warm welcome to you! I think since it is summer everyone is scattered here and there but the love is still here! :spinning:

Hair Hustla,

Guuuuuurl. Your growth is OFF THE METER!:spinning: I don't think I can handle an update pic. I'm still licking my wounds from my May setback :lachen::lachen:

Hey there Essensual,

Hang in there girl, I thought that I just was waisting my time...at times but this is the first time I have really stayed consistent with anything and I really am happy that I did so hang in there, that set back will soon be a distant memory!!! This is your season girl! Oh and thanx for the compliment, I promise to have pics really soon. Bronze I have been secretly lurking in the BKT board and I took the plunge and got the softliss and am waiting for Mr. Postman. You know I follow you everywhere you go...LOL!!! (well I went into BKT by accident but ended up staying)

Hello. I am about to have the cocktail for lunch, before I workout. I did put a 7 month comparison picture on the internet today. It may not seem much :( -- but I rejoice over every centimeter. :clap: My hair is definitely thicker, fuller, and stronger. Love you all!

Oh my, where do I begin?
First, I just straw/blueberry + banana cocktail'd it. So frothy, so yummy.

ShortyC~ Girlie, you were definitely missed. I totally understand. Life happens. Glad to know you are hanging in there and doing well. Thanks for the update. I perceive my dh will be taking the plunge soon with the cocktail, too. He keeps eyeing my concoctions. B4 he was stressing the ills of raw egg, but now, I think he is marvelling over my transformed tresses and boosts of nrg...he'll cross over to the way of the egg, soon. Very soon.

hi egglettes! i've been very very busy lately and apologize i haven't been on much.

I am so sorry to hear about everyone's misfortune lately, but the rain will not last forever and there are brighter days ahead for us all.

getting one's life together requires a lot of work and determination!! there were a few days when i missed the cocktail or delayed having it until later in the day, but i'm still on it. i won't ever fall off completely.

BF is still cocktailing it...sometimes he has one twice a day and asks for it as soon as we wake up in the morning and as soon as we get in the door in the evenings. (we are carpooling since my car broke down last tuesday)...

he has even tried the chlorella tablets....still haven't switched to the powder but we will! I am just so shocked because he has always put up so much resistance with everything i suggest to him.

he is noticing all the extra health benefits from the cocktail as well and can now see where i was coming from when i first discovered the drink.

i have a few july pics to upload to my fotki but july was really busy for me so i was not really on it with the hair. i even gave up the head wraps and baggied buns for a while but still tried to keep my hair up in a ponytail or wet bun most days. i probably had it down 3-4 times this month.

haven't cocktailed it this morning yet but i will in a few minutes.

everyone's progress is amazing!!! keep up the good work.

also, welcome to all the new egglettes that have decided to join our nest!!!

to the egglette who was asking which page everyone's pics are on (until we can find the progress pics thread or either get it up and running) I will have to surf through the thread and get back to you on which page mine are on.

I hope I didn't leave anyone or anything out but if i did, please forgive me!

have a most eggscellent day egglettes!

Essensual, I guess I need to remind you, A set-back is a what? A set-up for a comeback.!! Receive that!

Hair Hustla,

You got to be ready to handle the love, over here, NappyMD. We gon' pile it on ya! :grin:

And um, ship your stuff straight to me, I'll take it. Right on down south...Thanks in advance! :lachen:

The cocktail causes weight problems if you add protein powder and a whole lot of extras to it. If you stick to the OG recipe, you won't encounter that. I never gained with this, but as soon as I jumped on the bandwagon of adding protein and all this other stuff, i started to feel the weight. I knew to jump off that wagon, with a quickness.

And, don't eat when you drink this, which would be kinda hard to do, since it fills you up for hours, literally. But sometimes i'd have my cocktail and be tempted to eat breakfast with everyone else. :perplexed Not a good idea. :nono: That's why I usually skip the cocktail on weekends. Lately, since I'm determined to release poundage, I've been cocktailing on weekends, too. Carbs banish from me!

I was just bustin' your chops, now I feel guilty! Really no big deal. I knew some praying was going on for a while and wasn't sure if you were accepting new egglettes anyway. I will try a tiny amount as you say, if not I have eaten flax seeds without a problem so I'll use that instead (and maybe ship my Boyle to one of y'all :look:)

I hope the shake isn't somehow causing weight problems. I tried to take a poll but got little response. :sad:

HairHustla, I felt the presence of Egglettes there, I really did. :grin:
All I gotta say, be prepared to have hand-in-hair disease. Lord, my hair feels so good. I haven't worn a bun in a month. Protective style, say what? I have returned to the Glam Life, and I love it. It misses me. Let me know if you need help with it, okay?

Hey there Essensual,

Hang in there girl, I thought that I just was waisting my time...at times but this is the first time I have really stayed consistent with anything and I really am happy that I did so hang in there, that set back will soon be a distant memory!!! This is your season girl! Oh and thanx for the compliment, I promise to have pics really soon. Bronze I have been secretly lurking in the BKT board and I took the plunge and got the softliss and am waiting for Mr. Postman. You know I follow you everywhere you go...LOL!!! (well I went into BKT by accident but ended up staying)

Angelicus, Sweetness, I'm gonna have to put up that thread bcs you guys are off the chain with progress! HairHustla singing praises, you, I even have something to sing about. I'll try and do it tonight. Someone send me a reminder before midnight, okay?

Tallnomad, Puffy, Aspire, Stella, Yodie any others who have progress pics to post? Get your pics together, Egglettes we gonna do this thang.

Hello. I am about to have the cocktail for lunch, before I workout. I did put a 7 month comparison picture on the internet today. It may not seem much :( -- but I rejoice over every centimeter. :clap: My hair is definitely thicker, fuller, and stronger. Love you all!

I just had my morning cocktail with frozen mango blended in. Yummy!
I did not have a shake Friday or Saturday and I could really tell. I was not as energetic as I usually am. I will never miss another shake.
I experimented this morning and added an extra egg to my shake. The additional egg masked the taste of the wheat germ oil. I probably will not use 2 eggs consistently but figured i would share the tip with others in case you do not like taste of the oil. It turned me off at first but I grown to ALMOST enjoy the taste in my shake now.
I had a major set back last month. I went to the Domincan salon and they damaged my hair horribly with the amount of heat they used. Since that visit i have trimmed several inches of hair off so I am more determined than ever to grow long healthy hair. I have a LONG way to go but I am sure this shake will help me tremendously!!! Thanks Ladies and happy hair growing to you all!

Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't get a chance to update on my first shake yesterday. I did the orig recipe w/soymilk and added strawberries and a little agave nectar for sweetness. I really liked the way it tasted. Kinda like a nutty strawberry milkshake.

We cocktailed it here this morning.

I'm liking the energy and the fact I am not hungry. This will be great for me to drink in the mornings when I go back to work in September it will get me through the morning until lunch time.

HairHustla, I felt the presence of Egglettes there, I really did. :grin:
All I gotta say, be prepared to have hand-in-hair disease. Lord, my hair feels so good. I haven't worn a bun in a month. Protective style, say what? I have returned to the Glam Life, and I love it. It misses me. Let me know if you need help with it, okay?

LOL!!! I knew I couldn't keep down those egglette vibes for long. Yes I am singing praises, I am happy that my hair is finally showing signs of life and I can not wait to have hand in hair disease although with all this new growth I already am having to slap my hand daily!!!! For the first time in I don't know how many years, I can actually put my hair up in a chignon!!! I can not believe it ladies...(sighs as tears of joy run down her cheek ):yep:

Weinterruptyourregularlyscheduleddaytobringyouthisveryurgentmessage:

HELLOOOO EGGLETTES!!

*Essensual here to make a public DECLARATION that the Setback of May 2009 is OFFICIALLY--OVAH!! WOOT!WOOT!

Disclaimer: Okay the June09 pic does appear a bit CLOSER than the previous pics, but I'm sure you understand that my neck is in the same place and my hair has grown is relationship to the placement of said neck. That is all.

...on another note. I'm giving props to the EGG.PERIOD. Internally.Externally.Howevah! Da egg is da bomb. I've recently added the egg protein treatment in the regi and, YEEEEEESSS DAAAHLINGS, it's a keeper for sure!

So. All you lurkers, naysayers, and hesitaters.....GET IN ON THAT EGG, BOO!
:grin:

Essensual, I am happy for you! A question for you: Since you're over your setback, are you noticing nail growth too?

My shake tastes like cake batter when I only add a half of frozen banana as my fruit. Yummy in the tummy! :lick:

PS: Of course I had my shake today!

Last edited:
Weinterruptyourregularlyscheduleddaytobringyouthisveryurgentmessage:

HELLOOOO EGGLETTES!!

*Essensual here to make a public DECLARATION that the Setback of May 2009 is OFFICIALLY--OVAH!! WOOT!WOOT!

Disclaimer: Okay the June09 pic does appear a bit CLOSER than the previous pics, but I'm sure you understand that my neck is in the same place and my hair has grown is relationship to the placement of said neck. That is all.

...on another note. I'm giving props to the EGG.PERIOD. Internally.Externally.Howevah! Da egg is da bomb. I've recently added the egg protein treatment in the regi and, YEEEEEESSS DAAAHLINGS, it's a keeper for sure!

So. All you lurkers, naysayers, and hesitaters.....GET IN ON THAT EGG, BOO!
:grin:

Essensual, now do you think you can get a little more excited about all that hair progress you got goin on? Girl, I am so happy for you-your set-back days are behind you, and only good things ahead ! Here's to milk and eggs y'all!!!!!:fat:

Essensual, I am happy for you! A question for you: Since you're over your setback, are you noticing nail growth too?

My shake tastes like cake batter when I only add a half of frozen banana as my fruit. Yummy in the tummy! :lick:

PS: Of course I had my shake today!

I have indeed. But I gotta tell ya. The best thing my nails ever met was a bottle of Chlorella. If I could just be consistent with that (finances cause me to "juggle" supplements) it would be on and poppin'.

Essensual, now do you think you can get a little more excited about all that hair progress you got goin on? Girl, I am so happy for you-your set-back days are behind you, and only good things ahead ! Here's to milk and eggs y'all!!!!!:fat:

Now Stella,

Y'all know when "E" gets excited, she's gets EXCITED! Need I remind you about the incident with the FEDEX man?:blush::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ladies,

I am a HUGE egg fan, and yesterday was the first am I didn't have my shake in a long time (that and the one day I tried to give it up cause I was worried about weight gain :look:). I tell you what, though, I started this shake thinking it would help my hair, but now I am an addict. I LOVE the energy and fullness, and when I wake up in the morning my body screams, "workout and Egg cocktail!!!". With the megatek and other LHCF stuff I started, I probably won't be able to tell if it helped. But screw the hair, my BODY loves this stuff :lachen:

The reason I didn't have my shake yesterday was because I came to visit my hubby (we are long distance) for vacation and he didn't have a blender. So we bought one yesterday, along with some peaches and bananas that I cut up and froze overnight. I also found ground flaxseed on sale!

So with the ground flaxseed, my new recipe is:
1 c. soymilk (100 cals)
1 raw egg (70 cals)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed (50 cals)
1/2 frozen banana and a little berry or peach (<80 cals)
a few grapes for sweetness (since I forgot to buy Agave) (60 cals)
Total calories: 350-400

It's wonderful. It's for life i think :love:

Unless it magically makes me gain weight :whip:

I cocktailed it this morning, ladies! Someone mentioned nail growth earlier and this thread ...my nails are off the chain! Not only the growth, but they're very strong.

Back