*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Oh Bronze, I just read about Mark. I am so sorry to hear about his passing. Here I am thinking he's improving, and ready to come home. Whatever God has planned for us, his will will be done. My prayers are with you and your family. Big big (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you all.

BlaqueA~ How's your home renovation going? I've got the home decoration bug...somebody stop me!

hi dear, just saw this...

the renovation is going great, my house is looking even more lovely :)

it should all be completed by two weeks, i cannot wait to get my house back to myself!!!

i hope all is well with you and your family bronze :rosebud:

Day 41

Raw Egg
Skim Milk
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
1/2 Banana
2 sliced Strawberries
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein

Hola Chicas, just dropping in to say hi and to keep up the cocktailin'.

I've been getting mine in here and there, but i've been pretty much out of it and ripping and running, i'm so exhausted, i just want to sleep an entire day away...but onward and upward, right?

Anyway, i miss you guys and i thank all of you once again for keeping my family in your prayers and for your kind words. Don't slack off, 'kay?

Day 42

Raw Egg
Skim Milk
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
1/2 Banana

Hola Chicas, just dropping in to say hi and to keep up the cocktailin'.

I've been getting mine in here and there, but i've been pretty much out of it and ripping and running, i'm so exhausted, i just want to sleep an entire day away...but onward and upward, right?

Anyway, i miss you guys and i thank all of you once again for keeping my family in your prayers and for your kind words. Don't slack off, 'kay?

Bronze,

I am so glad you are getting through this as best as you can!! Don't you worry girl, we will hold up the banner for you, I would not dare slack off cause I'm gettin progress for once!!! I did not realize that being a natural, hair appears to grow even slower, atleast for me but I got this stuff called curlaway and it loosened my curl pattern slightly enough for me to enjoy a little length, I have definitely got the health going now I am "hustlin" for the length!! Love and hugs to you!

Hi Ladies,

I need your opinion please...judging from my siggy pic, do you all think that I will reach APL by December? I do the shake daily and take l-cysteine and try to exercise (sometimes) and I co-wash almost daily, I need APL PLEASE!!!!!!!! What do you all think? Oh and do you all know why my hair is growing in the shape of a V?

Day 43

Raw Egg
Skim Milk
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
Olive Oil
1/2 Banana

I'm keeping my head up, looking to Jesus, The Author and Finisher of my Faith, that is the only way I can make it through this. Thank you for your lovely words, each and every one of you.

HairHustla, you will make it by December, and perhaps the back of your hair grows faster than the front? Did you ever have layered hair? If so, that could be the reason.

Gonna cocktail it, Chicas!

Blessings,
~B*

Hi Ladies,

I need your opinion please...judging from my siggy pic, do you all think that I will reach APL by December? I do the shake daily and take l-cysteine and try to exercise (sometimes) and I co-wash almost daily, I need APL PLEASE!!!!!!!! What do you all think? Oh and do you all know why my hair is growing in the shape of a V?

I think you're well on your way to APL, Sis.:yep:

HairHustla--I think you'll definitely make it! Just keep your ends moisturized.

Hi Ladies,

I just complete my first whole week with the shake. No trouble as I used less egg. I will do this until the big can of egg I have is finished (probably a good year! lol)

I'm keeping my head up, looking to Jesus, The Author and Finisher of my Faith, that is the only way I can make it through this. Thank you for your lovely words, each and every one of you.

HairHustla, you will make it by December, and perhaps the back of your hair grows faster than the front? Did you ever have layered hair? If so, that could be the reason.

Gonna cocktail it, Chicas!

Blessings,
~B*

Glad to hear from you darlin, Cocktail it to the hills now! I love how you said that God is the "Author" and the Finisher of your faith, that is exactly how I feel too. There is a song by Richard Smallwood called "Thank You" and the lady singing quotes that..she says "he is the author of my faith, he's the sustainer of my mind, he's my refuge from myself he's my fortress in the time of trouble"..whoo don't get me to shoutin! Its one of my favorite if not the favorite gospel song, check it out if you don't already know it. Anyway, no layers in the hair and front and sides usually grow fastest so Go figure?? Love ya and miss ya bad! Oh by the way ladies, I just joined facebook so I think I am up on thangs...ha ha!

I just complete my first whole week with the shake. No trouble as I used less egg. I will do this until the big can of egg I have is finished (probably a good year! lol)

Cutie,

Hang in there girl and whew, the can of eggs reminds me of those old army rations...hope you get some good results!

HairHustla--I think you'll definitely make it! Just keep your ends moisturized.

Will do sweetie! I finally think I have a regimin although that could be debated, however I think that me co-washing, limiting heat and moisturizing with my special concotion is working for me from the outside and the shake working from the inside! We shall see come December! How are things going for you by the way? You are always so supportive of everyone!

Thank you sis, I just needed a little encouragement...it is such a long haul but I have been flying over those speed bumps lately..I am gonna end up with a hair ticket...LOL!

Laughing at you saying you're gonna end up with a hair ticket!!:grin: Take a breath, cause fortunately our hair is growing every day (even when we're not thinking about it, or asking it to grow)!! You are doing so well with your hair progress, just remember you can't hurry greatness!!!! You've got to be patient while waiting for the magic to happen...and I can tell you've got a consistent regimen going on that's working for you. Be true to yourself, stay disciplined in giving your hair what it needs daily, and stay encouraged! Ready or not, long hair, here we come!!!!! :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: Cocktailed earlier today ladies!!! Why am I hungry now??? Guess I better go get me something to eat!:yep:

HairHustla, that song sounds wonderful. It definitely hits home. But this one gets me everytime, it's my anthem....

"You've Been So Faithful..."
written by Mr. Eddie James

As I look back over my life,
I can see how Your love has guided me.
Even though I've done wrong, You never left me alone,
but You forgave me, and You kept on blessing.
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope,
it is because of Your mercies that we are not consumed;
because Thy compassions fail not,
they are new every morning,
great is Thy faithfulness,
great is Thy faithfulness.

Repeat

Chorus:
You've been, Lord, You've been so faithful

Bridge:
I can never repay You, Lord,
for what You've done for me;
how You loosed my shackles and You set me free,
how You made a way out of no way,
turned my darkness into day.
You've been my joy in the time of sorrow,
hope for my tomorrow,
peace in the time of the storm,
strength when I'm weak and worn.

Isn't awesome! I can never repay You, Lord, Never!

I Praise You through my tears and through my pain because I trust You that You know best and You promised me that You'd heal Mark and I know You are not a man that you should lie, neither the son of man that you should repent. I know he is with You, deliriously happy, divinely healthy, and in perfect peace. I just praise You, Lord for strengthening me and my family and for giving me these wonderful Sistas to fellowship with and Lift Up Your Name! I Praise You Father, Jehovah Shalom!

I took this shake for about 4 days. It was delicious and I had a lot of energy! But day 1 I had bad gas pains, and days 3-4 was very bloated. I am wondering if it is the wheat germ? Taking a break since I need to be cute this weekend, but maybe I'll try slowly adding in ingredients to find the culprit :ohwell:

Hi Egglettes! Still cocktailing. Just been busy so I had to abandon all my favorite websites to get my life together somewhat. I think I am on the right track now, though.

BF is cocktailing now! He says it is delicious! yay!

I talked to my mom earlier this evening and I gave her the recipe. She went to the store to pick up the ingredients and says she will start it tomorrow.

She says she is not going to tell anybody else about the recipe. I told her not to be stingy with it, because somebody (me) was nice enough to tell her.

oh well....

I tried.

Get your drink on!!!

Cutie,

Hang in there girl and whew, the can of eggs reminds me of those old army rations...hope you get some good results!
lol I did NOT expect it to be that big! And if I don't finish that big 'ole can will be there to remind me I failed:lachen:

BTW: Does anyone add leichitin? (sp). My mom has a big can so I thought I could add some to my shake

lol I did NOT expect it to be that big! And if I don't finish that big 'ole can will be there to remind me I failed:lachen:

BTW: Does anyone add leichitin? (sp). My mom has a big can so I thought I could add some to my shake

Lecithin got added to my mix about a week ago. And since I'm a carnivore again, I've also added the fish oil, borage, flaxseed blend from Wally world as well..

i used to add the lecithin and want to get back to it again. i think egg yolks have lecithin or the two share the same basic ingredient.

Thanks for asking. And I just want to give back the good energy--it's definitely in this thread!

My hair is going well. I got it pressed two weeks ago and had it trimmed too. My back length is armpit length, but the front is shorter.

I'm actually getting the BKT done in the morning! A lady from here is helping me out, so I'm excited. Will keep you all posted. And I'm still getting my shake on of course!

Will do sweetie! I finally think I have a regimin although that could be debated, however I think that me co-washing, limiting heat and moisturizing with my special concotion is working for me from the outside and the shake working from the inside! We shall see come December! How are things going for you by the way? You are always so supportive of everyone!

Hi ladies,for the past two weeks I have been consistant with this shake.My issue is I'm worried about all the calories and I'm trying to loose weight.Here's my shake
Wheat Germ Oil 1 tbs=40 calories
Raw wheat germ 2 tbs=100 calories
Whole Milk 1 cup=150 calories(I use 3/4 only)
Whey Protein 1 scoop=130 calories
Coconut Oil 2 tbs=240 calories
1 medium banana=86 calories
Peanut Butter 1 tbs=90 calories
1 egg=70 calories
All of that together comes to around 992 calories alone from breakfast.This is why I stopped the shake months ago I dont need to gain weight.Can someone help me with this?I really would like to keep doing this I do notice growth I would not have without it.

Hi ladies,for the past two weeks I have been consistant with this shake.My issue is I'm worried about all the calories and I'm trying to loose weight.Here's my shake
Wheat Germ Oil 1 tbs=40 calories
Raw wheat germ 2 tbs=100 calories
Whole Milk 1 cup=150 calories(I use 3/4 only)
Whey Protein 1 scoop=130 calories
Coconut Oil 2 tbs=240 calories
1 medium banana=86 calories
Peanut Butter 1 tbs=90 calories
1 egg=70 calories
All of that together comes to around 992 calories alone from breakfast.This is why I stopped the shake months ago I dont need to gain weight.Can someone help me with this?I really would like to keep doing this I do notice growth I would not have without it.

1. I would use rice milk, almond milk, or hemp milk (90 calories for 1 cup vs 150 for 3/4)
2.I would not use peanut butter
3. Are you using that banana for taste? You can find other fruits that are not as heavy
4. cut don't on the coconut oil. Maybe cut it out all together.
4. Maybe use a half scoop of protein powder

Keep the shake simple. The egg and wheat germ gives you a lot stuff on their own.

I took this shake for about 4 days. It was delicious and I had a lot of energy! But day 1 I had bad gas pains, and days 3-4 was very bloated. I am wondering if it is the wheat germ? Taking a break since I need to be cute this weekend, but maybe I'll try slowly adding in ingredients to find the culprit :ohwell:

You and me both. The first week was fine. But then, there came the PAINFUL bloating. I was often laying on the floor in the fetal position :nono:. Scared to eat anything because everything that I ate gave me the gag feeling. I was on it for about 4 weeks. And I had the bloating and gas effect for 2 weeks after; once I stopped. That was 2 weeks ago. Now my hunger pains are still intense and I have to take gasX every now and then.....never had that problem before. I even took a pregnancy test to make sure I was (it came out negative) covering ALL possibilities.

FYI: I was using the original recipe. Only I subbed the wheat germ oil for flaxseed oil. Trying to be cheap...:ohwell:

Back