*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Ok ya'll I'm back. I have some pics to share now. On a side note, that chlorella is something serious!!!

alright so the first 2 pics are from March, about 1 month before I started the cocktail. And the rest are pics I took last night 06.18.09 (camera is still acting funky so the date was not embedded in the pics). It's on wet hair fresh out the shower. I'll come back and post some more pics later.

Attachments

• wet hair no product #2 03.09_01.jpg
    wet hair no product #2 03.09_01.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 39
  • wet hair no product 03.09_02.jpg
    wet hair no product 03.09_02.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 52
  • HPIM2093_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2093_edited_01.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 39
  • HPIM2097_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2097_edited_01.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM2100_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2100_edited_01.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I've done this before Natural Love, forgot to put in the egg in my drink.:spinning: To make up for it, I would remember to put some chopped egg on my lunch salad, or eat egg salad on crackers, or some other dish during the day that contained eggs. I'm assuming the body knows how to assimilate the ingredients once they're in the stomach, even though they're consumed at different times of the day! I'll be cocktailing shortly, egglets! Have a wonderful day!

natural love, I did that last monday too....and then was wondering why my stomach was growling so hard (after having a cocktail earlier that morning when that NEVER happens) sitting in the hospital waiting room. then i realized I didn't put any egg in there!!! So I made another cocktail when we got back to the house.

Thanks. Glad to know I am not alone. This is what happens when you rush. Will cocktail when I get home without the protein powder.

Ok ya'll I'm back. I have some pics to share now. On a side note, that chlorella is something serious!!!

alright so the first 2 pics are from March, about 1 month before I started the cocktail. And the rest are pics I took last night 06.18.09 (camera is still acting funky so the date was not embedded in the pics). It's on wet hair fresh out the shower. I'll come back and post some more pics later.

Very nice.

I am on week three and I haven't really checked enought to notice the changes in my hair.

I will as soon as I get enough time.

ShortyC~ That's some dang good progress in 3 months. Your hair is beautiful, btw. What texture are you? I know you have many many people jumping on the cocktail bandwagon with hair like that! Thanks for taking time to share. I may have another cocktail this evening, looking at those results....

Shortycocoa, your hair is gawjus! It's so healthy looking and thick! I could tell by your avi that you were hiding a lot of hair under that cute head wrap! :yep:Whatever you're doing, keep it up, cause your hair is making great progress! Thanks for sharing those pics with us!

Br*nze I have been in the bathroom all day! I need to find my way to
that chlorella thread fast!

Today I picked up my wheat germ oil.

I also exchanged a bottle of liquid chlorophyll that I bought tuesday
for one of those big containers of Egg protein powder. It looks good
on paper, but I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. Or maybe I'll have a
nightcap later on tonight and test it out.

It's called ultra Egg protein Powder (vanilla flavor) and vitalabs,
Inc. makes it.

here's a visual in case anyone is interested:
http://img01.static-nextag.com/image/VITALABS-Inc-Protein-Powder/1/00
0/005/739/531/573953142.jpg

It's sweetened with Stevia, (something I rarely see with these
powders) so that's a good look!

Br*onze and StellaB thanks for the compliments! I haven't been on
it for 3 months yet, but I'll be there soon enough. I don't get too deep into the hair typing thing.

For all intents and purposes, I classify myself under 4a/b hair and I just leave it at that.

but basically I listen to what my hair wants/likes/needs and I don't
have any problems. I don't try to beat her into what I want her to
be...I just let her be her.

And girl go ahead and get that nighttime cocktail on and
poppin'...your hair and your body will thank you. I still have one
in the morning and at night if that's what I'm in the mood for.

I got a little sidetracked from updating but I am back! Here's some
pictures of my hair from last night after I sprayed it with my
moisturizing spritz and put gel in it.

You can stop by my fotki to see the rest. Bf is still at work so
those pics will have to wait. They weren't as good as these are, but I thought at the time they were better than no pics at all.
And plus, I always take pics of my hair on my birthday (every day since 2005 anyway) for documentation purposes.

I might just post them on my fotki whenever, or those might be classified in the lost files for now.

Attachments

• HPIM2119_edited_01 latestavatarpic.jpg
    HPIM2119_edited_01 latestavatarpic.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM2130_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2130_edited_01.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM2131_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2131_edited_01.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM2109_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2109_edited_01.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM2144_edited_01.jpg
    HPIM2144_edited_01.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 28

oh my, your hair has tripled in thickness :yep:
if this is not proof to anyone viewing/lurking on this thread, i don't know what is!!!
this is great progress :)
HAPPY HAIR GROWING!!!! :rosebud:

i'm going to cocktail three times a day and drink water atleast a gallon(and my vitamins) ONLY for a week, just a little experiment!!
I hope I can hang...Is there anyone with me? :look:

Your hair is beautiful!

I was so outta it this am, that i left without my cocktail! Dag. I'm on it, and i'll try to hang with you, Blaque, but I'll cocktail twice a day...ok?

Day 31

Raw Egg
2% Milk
1 sliced banana
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
Olive Oil
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein

Shorty--your hair is gorgeous!

I've been wearing my hair wet for a few days and CANNOT hang. I'm getting it pressed next week. My hair is laughing at water. It will not lay down. I think the thickness has tripled. The length is decent, but not what I want. I think as it grows, it just swells with thickness instead of length.

I really wanted to try to wear my hair wet and in buns for the summer, but it will not lay down. it slicks back into a bun, but the top portion is a huge swelled up hump.

So, I'm going to get it pressed and then lightly moisturize the ends and seal them while bunning consistenly.

Will get my cocktail in later this afternoon.

I might do twice a day. Morning and before my evening work out. When I had my shake yesterday evening, I felt that I was able to do more and I woke up full of energy this morning and worked out and I feel like I am on a natural high. (hopefully I don't crash later:drunk:)

Ladies, I am still drinking my shake daily. I wanted to add that I use frozen fruit in my shake. All you have to do is peel your bananas and cut them in half, then bag them and put in the freezer. I also do this with strawberries-- just slice and bag, then freeze. It makes my shake thicker and very tasty.

I was reading an article about the best and worst conventionally grown produce and strawberries was near the top of the list. Since then, I have been buying organic strawberries. They are expensive but it's worth it. Bananas were smack dab in the middle so I'll buy organic when I see them and not fuss if I don't. I've been eating much better lately and it isn't really killing my pockets as much as I thought it would. The shake keeps me full.

Last, I finally purchased raw wheat germ. It was only 1.99 at Whole Foods. I keep it in the freezer. It has the most delicious, nutty taste. I also stir it in my yogurt, sprinkle on hot and cold cereals. I even put it in my orange juice. I feel energized.

I have breakage in the back nape of my head and I really want long hair to cover up the damage. I think the shake and my multivitamin is really helping me. Next progress pics [will be taken] in August.

ETA: I also use organic soy milk and organic eggs. The difference in organic eggs is that they are smaller, taste better, and they have more vitamins for some reason.

Last edited:
thanks Blaque*Angel, foxee and tallnomad! I only missed my cocktail
one day and I vowed that if I could help it I wouldn't miss it, and
if I did I would just double up the next day.

I'm down to do that little experiment with you. I'm not a punk!
shoot, I told ya'll about that one day I had 3 cocktails so it's
nothing. It's not like it's vile anyway, so it's easy peasy.
Having said that, what day did you want to start?

Come on, Br*nze...we need you all in! Don't flake on us now.
visualize success!

Pretty Brown Eyes you are doing it!!! How does it feel to have been
on the cocktail for one month? Just keep chugging along with us even
when it gets hard. When your hair starts changing, be patient and
adapt with it to accomodate its thickness, shine, health and length.

I do it and a lot of people say I spend too much time on my hair but
I think it's worth it and I look at it as an investment in myself.
One of my friends asked me if I keep track of everything in a
planner, and I laughed and was like, 'how did you know?'

I have tried keeping track of it mentally but it's easier to write it
down. That way you see what you are doing and when you are due for
certain things.

I sometimes find that people who say they want healthy hair are not
willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get it.

Angelicus, how does the raw wheat germ freeze? I mean is it easy to
still portion it out or does it all freeze together as a big mass?

Last edited:
Hi. I use raw wheat germ. It does not clump up in one big mass. It looks the same. If you don't store raw wheat germ in the freezer (tightly sealed) it will go rancid and taste nasty. Even if you store it in the refrigerator, it can go rancid within days.

I have yet to buy wheat germ oil because my local whole foods store does not have the NOW Brand, which I heard tastes better.

I might do twice a day. Morning and before my evening work out. When I had my shake yesterday evening, I felt that I was able to do more and I woke up full of energy this morning and worked out and I feel like I am on a natural high. (hopefully I don't crash later:drunk:)

lol, i think 2 shakes a day is more realistic!!!
i had twotoday and a lovely evening meal :lick: its 23:40pm and i feel so full, even though my meal was at 5.00, i may do this every day as i was full of energy and not hungry! :yep:

thanks Blaque*Angel, foxee and tallnomad! I only missed my cocktail
one day and I vowed that if I could help it I wouldn't miss it, and
if I did I would just double up the next day.

I'm down to do that little experiment with you. I'm not a punk!
shoot, I told ya'll about that one day I had 3 cocktails so it's
nothing. It's not like it's vile anyway, so it's easy peasy.
Having said that, what day did you want to start?

Come on, Br*nze...we need you all in! Don't flake on us now.
visualize success!

Pretty Brown Eyes you are doing it!!! How does it feel to have been
on the cocktail for one month? Just keep chugging along with us even
when it gets hard. When your hair starts changing, be patient and
adapt with it to accomodate its thickness, shine, health and length.

I do it and a lot of people say I spend too much time on my hair but
I think it's worth it and I look at it as an investment in myself.
One of my friends asked me if I keep track of everything in a
planner, and I laughed and was like, 'how did you know?'

I have tried keeping track of it mentally but it's easier to write it
down. That way you see what you are doing and when you are due for
certain things.

I sometimes find that people who say they want healthy hair are not
willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get it.

hey chica,

i started yesterday with two shakes.
:yay: glad your down too!!

:rosebud:

lol, i think 2 shakes a day is more realistic!!!
i had twotoday and a lovely evening meal :lick: its 23:40pm and i feel so full, even though my meal was at 5.00, i may do this every day as i was full of energy and not hungry! :yep:

I have had energy all day. I will definitely try this, at least for a week keeping a close eye on my caloric intake.

Don't want those pounds creeping up.:lachen:

Thanks Shortycocoa. I do tie my hair down with a scarf. It eventually flattens out, but it isn't even. The very top will be flat finally, but then the scarf will make it disproportionate and have humps on the side. Hope that''s making sense.

And I have seen those headbands that you have on in your photos.

Thanks for the suggestions. I love your hair pics. Your hair looks very healthy and actually similar to mine kind of, but my hair stands out and not down like yours.

tallnomad have you tried tying your hair in a scarf for a few minutes
to make it lay down? I use these headbands over my hair and you can
take it off if you want to after you get the desired look but I
don't:

I really wish I knew what it was called. They come in all kinds of
colors but I mostly use the black ones and the beige ones:

http://public.fotki.com/shortycocoa/2009/january-march/hpim1797edited.html

http://public.fotki.com/shortycocoa/2009/january-march/hpim1798edited.html

Alright Blaque*Angel....well then I will start tomorrow with 3 cocktails and a gallon of water (I will personally challenge myself to see if I can drink more...sometimes it is hit or miss with me but i'm trying to do better.)(06.20.09) and go until 06.27.09.

tallnomad I think I know what you are talking about with the scarves.

I'm starting this challenge today as well. I already had my cocktail for the morning. Just need to up my water intake.

Shorty C,

All veggies flatbreads at Subway are my latest addiction. Why did I have it the other day with both American cheese and cheddar (always with sweet onion dressing)/ made into a meal. OMGoodness! It was so gooooood! They can have my $5 and change anytime I have it. So so yummy!

Welcome Egglette QueenBritny to our Nest!!

I also have to increase my water, but it goes through me like whoa! Hate that.

Hey Essensual, i miss ya, Girlie

I haven't cocktailed, yet, slept in due to meds. Will get my drink on, this pm.

Day 32
Raw Egg
2% Milk
1/2 sliced banana
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
Olive Oil
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein

Back