*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
:bouncy: i'm excited.

i did my first complete wash, blow out n' flatiron!!! all by myself!!!

I took my time, didn't rush and it looks realllly nice. It isn't fiercely straight, but it is straight and smooth and soft and i got swang, ofcourse :spinning:.

After, I rolled my hair in the purple rollers for volume and i'm hoping and praying it lasts. I haven't taken the rollers out yet.

I had quite a bit of shedding but i know it comes from not detangling my hair for weeks. So i'm not too concerned, though i was not shedding this much for months and months. i did a coffee rinse as well. my hair looks and feels so good. and it looks even thicker than it did a few weeks ago when i posted pictures. i guess it comes from not getting it super duper straight. My hair always looks like a brand new relaxer. Today it looks almost the same - but with texture.

this is monumental for me bcs i'v always had to go to the dominican stylists to do my hair since i began my transition a year ago... while my hair looks beautiful, they are just kinda rough and i keep thinking of how much progress i lose. this way, i can wear my hair straightened without feeling guilty. :wallbash:

I used my beloved RUSK str8 finally! That baby is fierce! And i used the old-skool blowdryer with comb attachment, you know the kind that you just use like a comb in your hair? I bought it for $20 bucks or so at wally world. As you can see, i have to work on my blow out skills. I would love to be able to use marcels in my hair. I may have to get lessons. :yep:
I really see myself going to beauty school in the future...

Thanks for sharing in my success!

Good for you, Bronze! I can feel :creaturesyour excitement, so I know it came out well! I have always said that to be able to do things for yourself and your hair is so empowering! I'm gonna have to sharpen my flat iron skills like you. Any tips for us? Were you able to get your roots straight? Did you use lo or hi heat? Waiting to see your beautiful results!!

Natural Love and Stella, now you all would put pressure on me to post pics...you know i'm challenged photographically...:grin:. i'll see what i can do. I'll just warn you in advance, my hair is big. But I love big hair.

Well, I did take the rollers out and my hair felt glorious! It was really bountiful and bouncy, i was elated. My DH even commented, "Let me see the back...Yep, it looks good, it's thick all the way through. And its grown. And you did this yourself? It looks good, Mama. I haven't seen your hair like this in a long, long time."

Yippee! *Br*nze does a little dance*

My issue is maintenance. I think if i wrap my hair it will get very flat. I'm gonna sleep with rollers tonight, i wanna look pretty for church tomorrow. My pincurls always look schizophrenic, so i'm not going there. I didn't flat iron on too high, i think it was at 375 or so, so i wonder how reversion will go. i used a tiny bit of SMB. My roots are very straight. No smokey burnt smell, either.

You are right, Stella, it is empowering. I finally feel free. I know my skills have got to be sharpened, but i'll practice until i get it perfect. I was surprised that it didn't take very long either - but i did have quite a few interruptions. I also did an overnight caramel treatment.

Let's see how tomorrow goes.

Good job Br*nze.

Please make sure you post pics so we can all :lovedrool: Can't wait to see.

Good for you, Bronze! I can feel :creaturesyour excitement, so I know it came out well! I have always said that to be able to do things for yourself and your hair is so empowering! I'm gonna have to sharpen my flat iron skills like you. Any tips for us? Were you able to get your roots straight? Did you use lo or hi heat? Waiting to see your beautiful results!!

:bouncy: i'm excited.

i did my first complete wash, blow out n' flatiron!!! all by myself!!!

I took my time, didn't rush and it looks realllly nice. It isn't fiercely straight, but it is straight and smooth and soft and i got swang, ofcourse :spinning:.

After, I rolled my hair in the purple rollers for volume and i'm hoping and praying it lasts. I haven't taken the rollers out yet.

I had quite a bit of shedding but i know it comes from not detangling my hair for weeks. So i'm not too concerned, though i was not shedding this much for months and months. i did a coffee rinse as well. my hair looks and feels so good. and it looks even thicker than it did a few weeks ago when i posted pictures. i guess it comes from not getting it super duper straight. My hair always looks like a brand new relaxer. Today it looks almost the same - but with texture.

this is monumental for me bcs i'v always had to go to the dominican stylists to do my hair since i began my transition a year ago... while my hair looks beautiful, they are just kinda rough and i keep thinking of how much progress i lose. this way, i can wear my hair straightened without feeling guilty. :wallbash:

I used my beloved RUSK str8 finally! That baby is fierce! And i used the old-skool blowdryer with comb attachment, you know the kind that you just use like a comb in your hair? I bought it for $20 bucks or so at wally world. As you can see, i have to work on my blow out skills. I would love to be able to use marcels in my hair. I may have to get lessons. :yep:
I really see myself going to beauty school in the future...

Thanks for sharing in my success!

OOOh Bronze! I must tell you that I feel the SAME WAY about wanting to break free, I go to a stylist here and she is darn good but I worry about the roughness and possible damage to my hair but I have not seen any damage as of yet. On top of that she is very expensive, a flat iron with wash and condition is 55 euros which is between $80 to $90 depending on the euro rate! Plus I have to get two heads done, me and my daugther. So I definitely feel you on trying to break free and learn to do it myself. I too did my blow out with an attachment yesterday and a flat iron with a maxiglide and to me, I did almost as good but there is something about those stylists...she uses a technique with a brush that I am not comfortable trying!

AND>>> I also can not get the wrap thang down. I know that my hair would lay flatter and look better if I could wrap it but guess what, I got my hair straight enough yesterday and tried to wrap it and I THINK I did it, I am just getting up and have to see what happened..LOL! So I must celebrate your hair liberation with you girl!

Well, I went to take my wrap down and it is a Straight Mess which is an improvement! It's usually a nappy, all over my head mess but atleast it held my flat ironing for me!!!

hi egglettes,

just to say i love you all and i'm still cocktailing everyday through my stresses.
i know the lord will provide some piece of mind and positivity in due time :)

i do not feel as sad as i did last week which is a great improvement, on to the cocktail: ;)

everyone keeps telling me that i am glowing :love:

some weeks i use no moisturiser at all as my skin is very moisturised and extra soft!!!!

my new growth is uber thick, i have seriously been thinking about BC'ing to about 6-10 inches as my hair is definitely two textures, I love my extra thickness more than the length of my hair!!

i will be an egglette for life :yay: thats always the first thing on my shopping list!!(eggs):lol:

i am losing weight, but i do notice the thunder thigh syndrome,lol but i'm not mad as it is muscle and my legs feel a lot firmer.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread :rosebud:

HairHustla ~, we must rejoice in our new found independence! This is something that can not be overrated. I have always been at the mercy of stylists for relaxers and always knew that there had to be a better way. My dd is 9 and her stretched hair is waistlength. I know in my heart that if she had a relaxer and had she been visiting a stylist, her hair would be shoulder length. I just know it. Heck, my son's hair is almost apl! Now all i have to do is start putting that bi-weekly salon money -that i used to spend - in a savings account, and then i'll be good to go.

Blaque*Angel~, i've prayed for you to feel joy in the time of your sorrow. Things will get better, it's a day by day, no - really, it's an hour-by-hour progression. Luv ya!

I too, am an Egglette for life, this cocktail has done wonders for my hair that doctors and hair stylists and medications could not.

hi egglettes,

just to say i love you all and i'm still cocktailing everyday through my stresses.
i know the lord will provide some piece of mind and positivity in due time :)

i do not feel as sad as i did last week which is a great improvement, on to the cocktail: ;)

everyone keeps telling me that i am glowing :love:

some weeks i use no moisturiser at all as my skin is very moisturised and extra soft!!!!

my new growth is uber thick, i have seriously been thinking about BC'ing to about 6-10 inches as my hair is definitely two textures, I love my extra thickness more than the length of my hair!!

i will be an egglette for life :yay: thats always the first thing on my shopping list!!(eggs):lol:

i am losing weight, but i do notice the thunder thigh syndrome,lol but i'm not mad as it is muscle and my legs feel a lot firmer.

Thank you all for this wonderful thread :rosebud:

Blaque,

I am so glad to see you back among us, things will hopefully get better with time...they say that time heals all things but I know that God heals all things because he is the creator of time and everything else! Girl to be honest with you..and all you egglettes, I am SHOCKED that I am still with this, I am not a consistent person and I am easily bored and will quit with a quickness but I think this is what my 2nd or 3rd month?? That is unbelieveable so SOMETHING about the shake is working for me otherwise I would have been done quit!!! Oh and Blaque...THANK YOU! You were the one that actually led me this way...love ya girl~!:yep::yep::yep:

Hi everyone, while my hair did look nice for church, it didn't hold it's shape very well. i added no product or spray, but it did revert a little more. I think it has to get used to this style. i wrapped it up and i think that will give it a little shape. about to get my cocktail on!

I am going on my third week and I am still loving it. I have noticed that my nails (which for some reason had begun to struggle and I have never had problems getting them to grow) are not as dry nor do the chip or break and have regained their normal health. I don't even need that much moisturizer on my face. I tried a higher protein shake and totally did not like it. I will stick with the one that I have been using. The only negative I have noticed is that my hair seems to be shedding ALOT more than usual. The only thing I can think of is that I am taking MSM and I have heard that that will sometimes cause shedding. The other thing is that I am not spritzing my hair on a daily basis like I used to. I have been bunning and not spritzing at all. This week, I will begin spritzing again at least three times per week and hopefully this issue will resolve itself.

I am going on my third week and I am still loving it. I have noticed that my nails (which for some reason had begun to struggle and I have never had problems getting them to grow) are not as dry nor do the chip or break and have regained their normal health. I don't even need that much moisturizer on my face. I tried a higher protein shake and totally did not like it. I will stick with the one that I have been using. The only negative I have noticed is that my hair seems to be shedding ALOT more than usual. The only thing I can think of is that I am taking MSM and I have heard that that will sometimes cause shedding. The other thing is that I am not spritzing my hair on a daily basis like I used to. I have been bunning and not spritzing at all. This week, I will begin spritzing again at least three times per week and hopefully this issue will resolve itself.

Hi Natural Love,

The best thing around I have found for shedding is doing a couple of tea rinses, you use any kind of tea with caffeine in it and just put it in your hair (after you have brewed it and it has cooled) before your conditioner, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse out proceeding with your conditioner last...it has worked pretty well for me and there was a whole thread on it. HTH!

Last edited:
Bronze,

I can not contain my excitement! I received my l-cysteine today and now I have visions of sugar-hair fairies dancing in my head! Anything I should know before I take the plunge?? I am just beside myself and iherb is soooo fast! :grin::lachen::spinning:

Bronze,

I can not contain my excitement! I received my l-cysteine today and now I have visions of sugar-hair fairies dancing in my head! Anything I should know before I take the plunge?? I am just beside myself and iherb is soooo fast! :grin::lachen::spinning:

:lachen:Sugar-hair fairies. Please let us know how it goes. I am thinking of getting as well but I am so SICK of swallowing pills. I would hate to add another.

:lachen:Sugar-hair fairies. Please let us know how it goes. I am thinking of getting as well but I am so SICK of swallowing pills. I would hate to add another.

Aspire,

Girl I feel you on swallowing pills...I am wondering if I am becoming some kind of pill pusher! In the morning I take (if I don't do the shake) up to 20 chlorella pills and 12 spirulina pills. Then I take a natural fat burner pill, conjugated linoleic acid (cla) for fat loss, then I am adding this l-cysteine and at night I take 3 omega 3-6-9 fish oil pills./.whew, I am a walking pharmacy and I know I have probably left something off!

Natural Love, HairHustla is totally right, try a tea rinse or even a coffee rinse- which i do and it works wonders. it also aids in detangling. i do not rinse it out, i use coffee as a leave-in. i took msm for a while but discontinued, so i can't help you on that one.

However, to regrow your hair that was lost, i suggest l-cysteine (2000 mg with vitamin c or orange juice) and taking knox gelatin - a packet a day, in a small amount of water or juice like 2 oz or so. I started this and i promise, my hair swole up overnight. I try to take it daily, but it isn't pleasant, so i avoid it....:look:. it gets really lumpy and clumpy and you feel the grit on your teeth and tongue :perplexed. i will get on this consistently again because it is touted (lab studies) to increase your hair mass by 50%!!!!:spinning:

Ditto.
Hi Natural Love,

The best thing around I have found for shedding is doing a couple of tea rinses, you use any kind of tea with caffeine in it and just put it in your hair (after you have brewed it and it has cooled) before your conditioner, let it sit for a few minutes and rinse out proceeding with your conditioner last...it has worked pretty well for me and there was a whole thread on it. HTH!

Sugar-hair fairies, huh? I like the thought of them making our hair grow while we sleep....like our little hair angels, so to speak.

I think you should just take them, drink some orange juice or down a few vitamin c's. i didn't do this initially, but i read that it helps the l-cysteine to really get into your system. now, if i have it - vitamin c, i'll take it. if i don't have vit c, i still take l-cysteine.

Bronze,

I know, i agree. I have gone months without taking a pill. not even one. i was taking msm, lcysteine, amino acids, biotin, omega 3s...it was just tooo much!!! I just quit. Now i take l-cysteine and i'm trying to be faithful to coconut oil. That's it. My throat will not tolerate all those tablets anymore. I have a gag reflex. I can only take capsules. No horsepills allowed.

Okay, i'll bite, how is cla and the natural fat burner working for you? Do you mind sharing what you are taking and for how long?

Aspire,

Girl I feel you on swallowing pills...I am wondering if I am becoming some kind of pill pusher! In the morning I take (if I don't do the shake) up to 20 chlorella pills and 12 spirulina pills. Then I take a natural fat burner pill, conjugated linoleic acid (cla) for fat loss, then I am adding this l-cysteine and at night I take 3 omega 3-6-9 fish oil pills./.whew, I am a walking pharmacy and I know I have probably left something off!

Okay, i'll bite, how is cla and the natural fat burner working for you? Do you mind sharing what you are taking and for how long?

Hey there...I say "Good Day to ya"! (feeling jovial over my l-cys) Anyway, cla is my staple for a long long time, I won't say for life but I have tried so many times to leave it alone and just go on with my life but sooner or later the fat will come creeping back soooo, with all that said, I can truly recommend cla although it does take atleast 6 weeks to see NT thang! I have been on it over a year and got off of it for the last two months and sure enough, here comes the belly fat trying to creep on back so I have picked that bottle right back up! As for the natural fat burner, I have only been on it for about 2 weeks and so far I can not tell anything as far as weight loss but it seems to help with "get up and go" and it does a decent job of appetite suppression. Here is the brand: (I get them from drugstore.com although you probably can find them at walgreens or cvs)

300.jpg
100% Pure & Powerful Concentrated Extracts.
  • Grapefruit & Cinnamon Extracts - metabolism
  • Pomegranate Extract - detoxify
  • Green Tea Extract - burn fat
  • Cranberry & Blueberry Extracts - water weight
  • Tahitian Fruit Extract - noni
Nature's effective Fat Burning extracts, highly concentrated in fast- acting Liquid Soft-Gels*
Liquid Soft-Gel Natural Fat Burner™ supports your weight loss efforts in a targeted, holistic approach - utilizing some of nature's effective fruit and tea extracts*. this unique all natural approach means you do not have to worry about the effect synthetic compounds could have on your body. This all natural weight loss support, when combined with a healthy reduced calorie diet and exercise plan, will assist you in achieving your goals with a specialized key ingredient combination for targeted results.*
  • Green Tea extract with EGCGs supports energy expenditure and fat oxidation.*
  • Pomegranate Juice extract has been shown to have potent antioxidant activity protecting nitric oxide and acting as a detoxifier.*
  • Cranberry has traditionally been used for its diuretic properties.*
  • Blueberry can support water weight management by assisting in the replacement of potassium in the body.*
  • Cinnamon & Grapefruit extracts assists in sugar support.*
  • Noni Juice extract from the powerful Tahitian fruit.
This all encompassing formulation of natural ingredients combines key extracts together for total support. This product is delivered in an optimum, easy-to-swallow delivery format of a liquid soft-gel. Liquid soft-gels dissolve up to 200% faster so their nutrients are released quicker.

So all in all, I like them because they are all natural and give me the little boost I need during the day. Plus they keep me from eatin up a bunch of stuff! I will keep you all posted on this little pill!

http://www.drugstore.com/products/p....asp?pid=160563&catid=48848&trx=29907&tab=5#5
spacer.gif

javascript:prSE('5200155');

javascript:prSE('5200155');

javascript:prSE('2005833');

Aspire,

OK . . . . now I feel like a whiner.:rolleyes: I only take about 8 total and I am gagging.:lachen: I guess I need to woman up!

Thanks Hair Hustla & Br*nze.

The bad thing is that I used to do this faithfully, actually I had a tea spritz that I used every night. I will definitely be going back to doing it. I can see the dramatic difference tea makes.

Thanks fellow egglettes!!!

Hi Egglettes!

I purchased bags of frozen Alphonso mango from an Indian store and it is absolutely delicious blended in the cocktail. :lick: Now this is not your average grocery store mango. Alphonso mangos are very sweet and helps mask the wheat germ or flaxseed oil taste. Here's a photo of the brand I purchased (Vadilal):

mango.jpg

Info on Alphonso mangoes courtesy Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonso_(mango)

Haapus (alphonso mango) is used to make sweets, candies and smoothies - Mango Milkshake, Mango Lassi (both smoothies), Aamba-Wadi (a gummy, chewy mango candy), Aam-Ras (Mango pulp which is eaten with puris - an Indian Bread), Sakhar Amba (Marathi word for a home-made mango jelly/jam), Mango barfi (a type of Aamba-Wadi), etc. Non aerated Mango drinks like Frooti (Parle Agro Co.), Jumpin (Godrej Industries), Maaza (Coca Cola Co.), Dukes Mangola and Slice (PepsiCo Inc.) are very popular in India.

FYI: Atlanta Egglettes can purchase Alphonso mango from
Taj Mahal Imports 1612 Woodcliff Dr NE Atlanta, GA 30329 (404) 321-5940. It's only $1.99 per bag.

Enjoy!

Hi Egglettes!

I purchased bags of frozen Alphonso mango from an Indian store and it is absolutely delicious blended in the cocktail. :lick: Now this is not your average grocery store mango. Alphonso mangos are very sweet and helps mask the wheat germ or flaxseed oil taste. Here's a photo of the brand I purchased (Vadilal):

mango.jpg

Haapus (alphonso mango) is used to make sweets, candies and smoothies - Mango Milkshake, Mango Lassi (both smoothies), Aamba-Wadi (a gummy, chewy mango candy), Aam-Ras (Mango pulp which is eaten with puris - an Indian Bread), Sakhar Amba (Marathi word for a home-made mango jelly/jam), Mango barfi (a type of Aamba-Wadi), etc. Non aerated Mango drinks like Frooti (Parle Agro Co.), Jumpin (Godrej Industries), Maaza (Coca Cola Co.), Dukes Mangola and Slice (PepsiCo Inc.) are very popular in India.

Taj Mahal Imports 1612 Woodcliff Dr NE Atlanta, GA 30329 (404) 321-5940. It's only $1.99 per bag.

Enjoy!

Ooh I wish I could get me some of that but by the time they get over here the mango's will have turned back into a tree!

We are waaaay off topic, here, but that's okay, Long Hair and Lean Bodies, right?

Laughing at Natural Fat Burner, who knew that was the literal name? Thanks Chica. Will remember cla my sister keeps this on hand, but she takes a lot of other stuff, too. She went from a size 18 to a 6 in about 8 months. She was heavy into atkins and still follows it for maintenance.

I just purchased lipobc and vitabese from mydietsolutions.com - my cousin swears by thes vitabese. She has gone from a size 22 to a 16 in 4 months. With vitabese she takes a green tea with hoodia capsule. I was sooo miffed at her for not telling me! You know i went online and purchased asap. She was going to a weight loss clinic to get hers in Louisiana.

Okay, can i get some applause for completing a 4 mile walk with WATP? This is the first real exercise i've done in months - :look: - tell the truth and shame the devil, right? But I feel so proud of myself. My hair prob won't look so great, but I feel better.

Carry on, Egglettes

Hey there...I say "Good Day to ya"! (feeling jovial over my l-cys) Anyway, cla is my staple for a long long time, I won't say for life but I have tried so many times to leave it alone and just go on with my life but sooner or later the fat will come creeping back soooo, with all that said, I can truly recommend cla although it does take atleast 6 weeks to see NT thang! I have been on it over a year and got off of it for the last two months and sure enough, here comes the belly fat trying to creep on back so I have picked that bottle right back up! As for the natural fat burner, I have only been on it for about 2 weeks and so far I can not tell anything as far as weight loss but it seems to help with "get up and go" and it does a decent job of appetite suppression. Here is the brand: (I get them from drugstore.com although you probably can find them at walgreens or cvs)

300.jpg
100% Pure & Powerful Concentrated Extracts.
  • Grapefruit & Cinnamon Extracts - metabolism
  • Pomegranate Extract - detoxify
  • Green Tea Extract - burn fat
  • Cranberry & Blueberry Extracts - water weight
  • Tahitian Fruit Extract - noni
Nature's effective Fat Burning extracts, highly concentrated in fast- acting Liquid Soft-Gels*

Liquid Soft-Gel Natural Fat Burner™ supports your weight loss efforts in a targeted, holistic approach - utilizing some of nature's effective fruit and tea extracts*. this unique all natural approach means you do not have to worry about the effect synthetic compounds could have on your body. This all natural weight loss support, when combined with a healthy reduced calorie diet and exercise plan, will assist you in achieving your goals with a specialized key ingredient combination for targeted results.*
  • Green Tea extract with EGCGs supports energy expenditure and fat oxidation.*
  • Pomegranate Juice extract has been shown to have potent antioxidant activity protecting nitric oxide and acting as a detoxifier.*
  • Cranberry has traditionally been used for its diuretic properties.*
  • Blueberry can support water weight management by assisting in the replacement of potassium in the body.*
  • Cinnamon & Grapefruit extracts assists in sugar support.*
  • Noni Juice extract from the powerful Tahitian fruit.
This all encompassing formulation of natural ingredients combines key extracts together for total support. This product is delivered in an optimum, easy-to-swallow delivery format of a liquid soft-gel. Liquid soft-gels dissolve up to 200% faster so their nutrients are released quicker.

So all in all, I like them because they are all natural and give me the little boost I need during the day. Plus they keep me from eatin up a bunch of stuff! I will keep you all posted on this little pill!

spacer.gif

When I visit my local indian market, i will look for this. Thanks for sharing!
Natural Love, let us know how your shedding goes. Have you tried garlic powder in olive oil? You can use this as a scalp treatment/dc and wash it out. The garlic oil capsules are also awesome.

Hi Egglettes!

mango.jpg

Enjoy!

I lurrrvvvvvvvvvvvv mango's.:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep: Will look for these next time I'm in the Indian community.

Day 28

Raw Egg
2% Milk
1 large sliced strawberry
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
Olive Oil
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein

:lick::lick:

Natural Love, let us know how your shedding goes. Have you tried garlic powder in olive oil? You can use this as a scalp treatment/dc and wash it out. The garlic oil capsules are also awesome.

Thanks Br*nze....
If the shedding doesn't stop, I will definitely give this a try.
This shedding is new, so I don't know if it's seasonal or lack of my spritz. The shedding started when the spritzing stopped.:perplexed

PrettyBE, you are doing great! Day 28 already :spinning:. My time goes by quickly.

Day 28

Raw Egg
2% Milk
1 large sliced strawberry
Raw Wheat Germ
Ground Flaxseed
Wheat Germ Oil
Olive Oil
1 Scoop Vanilla Soy Protein

:lick::lick:

I'm out of eggs, can you all believe? I did a little more cooking this weekend and went through my stash...i'm on it, though.

Back