*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Blaque Angel,

I am very sorry for your loss and like Bronze, I pray that the comforter will minister to you and your family. I know a little bit about how you feel because I have lost both my grandparents and my aunt in the span of the last 9 months! Everything will be alright you have to take it one day at a time. We are praying for you girl!

HH

L-Cysteine is an amino acid supplement that i will never go off of. NEVER. To me, it beats biotin, because i saw quick tangible results. It is totally worth it. Iherb is great for its pricing, also vitacost has it really reasonably as well...i think it's the NSI brand - that's what i'm ordering this week, $13 for 180, 500 mg capsules.

I've used L-Cys for years, at least 5. I stumbled across this because i used to take HF37, but it is soo expensive - though it works :yep: - and there are just way too many huge pills to take. I like capsules, i can't get horsepills down my throat.

Anyway, Holy Spirit led me to L-Cys and I read that it is the most important ingredient for hair health and growth (didn't realize it's sulfur). It's almost like ingesting hair fibers to make new hair...:spinning: that's how serious it is. If i let everything else go, even my cocktail - heaven forbid - i would always have to take L-Cys, 2000mg. Sometimes i just stop all supplements and what have you - take a breather, so to speak, but i always come back to this one.

Wow, thanks for the great info, I am totally hyped about this supplement now! I can not wait to join the ranks with you. I want to be one of those blessed women that can sit naked and cover themselves with their hair! I will let you know when it arrives and I start on it...me and you must never part..maki da da:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:I love that visual!!!

I'm with ya, girlie, all the way!!!

Wow, thanks for the great info, I am totally hyped about this supplement now! I can not wait to join the ranks with you. I want to be one of those blessed women that can sit naked and cover themselves with their hair! I will let you know when it arrives and I start on it...me and you must never part..maki da da:lachen:

Bronze and HairHustla,

Include me in that visual too (I know I'm just barging in). I don't post often, but I am a bonafide lurker.

Blaque Angel, praying for you during your loss.

Perhaps room service could hook you up? You really only need the milk and egg and I'd mix those up something fierce with a fork. I'm sure you'll get a bolt of energy. I'd take any other supplements that I have. I'm sure if you enquire about it, they could help.

Just a suggestion.

Oh my gosh. I so did not think of this! What a great idea. I bet you they would do it too. Our company spends enough money at this hotel. Thank you so much. Lady, you are truly a blessing.

Bronze and HairHustla,

Include me in that visual too (I know I'm just barging in). I don't post often, but I am a bonafide lurker.

Blaque Angel, praying for you during your loss.

Yodie feel free to "barge" in any time! Girl I am praying for all of us to be in that visual!!!!

Aspire, you make me feel so wise. :blush: Thanks, chica.
Let me know how it goes!

Oh my gosh. I so did not think of this! What a great idea. I bet you they would do it too. Our company spends enough money at this hotel. Thank you so much. Lady, you are truly a blessing.

Hi, ladies! I know I'm late, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while now and I just have to join all of you.

Today I went to Target and bought a blender (I hope it's a good one), got all the ingredients and I'm drinking my smoothie right now :yep:.

I followed the original list of ingredients and I added half a banana and a few strawberries for flavor. The taste isn't bad at all, but it's a bit bland, especially compared to the Odwalla smoothies I usually drink.

I want to drink this each morning, but I'd like to know what others are adding to sweeten it up a bit. I have a monster sweet tooth :ohwell:.

Oh, thank God you read my post. Whew. I don't think that would have ended nicely. You are more than welcome. I really didn't want you to drink that pre-made cocktail...

Ok, i was at hospital bcs my nephew is coming out of a coma and I was visiting him. He's been in hospital now for about 3 months. My fam and I go every other day, most times - everyday. So that's where we were until late last night.

Please continue to lift Mark up. Prayer is what has gotten him this far. I thank all of you for that.

He is beginning to show signs of communication and we need his doctors and therapists to be able to note his progress and continue his therapy.

I know I'm late on this, but Bronze, I'm so glad to hear the news on your nephew, and that he is coming out of the coma. I remember when he went in the hospital, and hope that time and love will provide the perfect healing. I'm still praying for you and your family!

Last edited:
praying for your dear nephew, i know how hard this situation is.

:rosebud:

my auntie never made it out of her coma, she passed on Friday. :(

Blaque Angel, I am just now reading this about your auntie. It really hurts to lose a family member or a loved one. You know we're praying for you, and we're here for ya!

Welcome Egglette Khalia27 to our Nest!!

Glad to have you, Chica. To sweeten your cocktail, naturally, i'd advise molasses or honey...i also add sugar free chocolate syrup to my cocktail on occassion...delish! The cocktail will help your sweet tooth dramatically. It has mine.

I'm so happy you joined - and great hair!:yep:
Hi, ladies! I know I'm late, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while now and I just have to join all of you.

Today I went to Target and bought a blender (I hope it's a good one), got all the ingredients and I'm drinking my smoothie right now :yep:.

I followed the original list of ingredients and I added half a banana and a few strawberries for flavor. The taste isn't bad at all, but it's a bit bland, especially compared to the Odwalla smoothies I usually drink.

I want to drink this each morning, but I'd like to know what others are adding to sweeten it up a bit. I have a monster sweet tooth :ohwell:.

Stella B. thanks, Hon, he is steadily improving, but we need major improvements before June 26th or the hospital will discharge him to a lesser facility :ohwell: and we don't want that :nono:, so we are praying for major marked improvements in his responsiveness so his doctors, therapists and nurses can make note and continue his therapy and keep him in this facility. Thanks for keeping us lifted. God Bless you for that.

I know I'm late on this, but Bronze, I'm so glad to hear the news on your nephew, and that he is coming out of the comma. I remember when he went in the hospital, and hope that time and love will provide the perfect healing. I'm still praying for you and your family!

I've been MIA because I'm Stateside right now. Only 1 shake in the last week, but I just got all my remaining ingredients brought over so I'll be back on board from tomorrow. I sure need the energy right now - my wedding is this Sunday!!!I've missed u all, but have limited time and internet access. I'll check in more frequently when I get home.Love u all!

YOUR WEDDING IS SUNDAY?!?
Congrats, Pookiwah~ I pray God's blessings on your marriage, that your love grow stronger every year...

Love you girl and give us all the details! I love weddings!

I've been MIA because I'm Stateside right now. Only 1 shake in the last week, but I just got all my remaining ingredients brought over so I'll be back on board from tomorrow. I sure need the energy right now - my wedding is this Sunday!!!I've missed u all, but have limited time and internet access. I'll check in more frequently when I get home.Love u all!

Blaque*Angel.

My prayers go out to you and your loss. I lost my grandmother 3 months ago. It's not easy but know that we are all praying for strength and comfort during these hard times.

God Bless~~

congratulations on your wedding. May God deeply bless your union.

Welcome Khalia!

I add agave nectar to mine. It's super sweet, but healthy--it's low on the glycemic index scale. Trader Joe's sells it.

HTH

Pookiwah! Congrats on your wedding. That's so exciting!!!

Quick question. How many grams of protein does your protein shake have? Mine only has 16 and I just bought another one that has 24. I have been taking the shake for about 2 weeks and although I feel great about drinking it, I don't have the energy boost. Or it could be that I am working 11 hours a day:bangdesk:

:congrats:

Quick question. How many grams of protein does your protein shake have? Mine only has 16 and I just bought another one that has 24. I have been taking the shake for about 2 weeks and although I feel great about drinking it, I don't have the energy boost. Or it could be that I am working 11 hours a day:bangdesk:
Mine has 24g of protein.

As I have previously posted, my hair was growing, thriving and just doin the thang.

Well, what did I do? I got lazy, spoiled and stopped drinking my shake.

The results were thinning, breaking and excessive shedding.

So, my hair strands said to themselves, "we'll show her that she cain't mess over us and stop giving us what we need to grow long, strong and healthy!":lachen:

As a life-time member, I promise NEVA to stop drinking my hair shake as long as I shall live.

Waist-length hair, here I come again...:yep:

LoV~ So glad to have you back!! I thought you were still holdin' it down, Chica?! That hair told you what's up, huh?

That's okay, come on back and get down with the get down. You'll get back to business in no time. You were definitely missed.

As I have previously posted, my hair was growing, thriving and just doin the thang.

Well, what did I do? I got lazy, spoiled and stopped drinking my shake.

The results were thinning, breaking and excessive shedding.

So, my hair strands said to themselves, "we'll show her that she cain't mess over us and stop giving us what we need to grow long, strong and healthy!":lachen:

As a life-time member, I promise NEVA to stop drinking my hair shake as long as I shall live.

Waist-length hair, here I come again...:yep:

Yep, that workday could do it. I had major nrg until i was being pulled from every direction and getting home 18 hours after i left :spinning:. Even my beloved cocktail couldn't hang with that. Eventually my schedule took a toll. I'm trying to recoup some r&r now. I do believe that I could not have made it as well as I did were it not for my cocktail giving me the nrg to get out of the house in the morning.

To answer your questions, my cocktail has about 14 gms of protein...

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies :).

I had my smoothie this morning and I enjoyed it more because I added honey for sweetness. I also used frozen banana and strawberries and the chill factor made it more palatable. It was just below room temp when I made it yesterday... never again.

I went to the salon for a flat-iron and trim today and my progress for the last 5 months was trimmed right off :ohwell:. I'll make a separate thread with comparison shots - just be forewarned, you won't see a difference.

Now, I really have to stick to this smoothie each day because I want my 5 months progress back and then some!

:ohwell::ohwell: Double Dang. That's okay, Khalia27, you'll get it back - doubley quick, too~ Can't wait to see your progress.

Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies :).

I had my smoothie this morning and I enjoyed it more because I added honey for sweetness. I also used frozen banana and strawberries and the chill factor made it more palatable. It was just below room temp when I made it yesterday... never again.

I went to the salon for a flat-iron and trim today and my progress for the last 5 months was trimmed right off :ohwell:. I'll make a separate thread with comparison shots - just be forewarned, you won't see a difference.

Now, I really have to stick to this smoothie each day because I want my 5 months progress back and then some!

Back