*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Congrats, PrettyBE~ that is some really really good news. Protein weighs more than fat, so i believe those muscles are burning up the fat and that is streamlining your body and you are getting smallll-errr~

:yay:Woop Woop!! The Waistlength Cocktail scores again!!!:yay:

Something is happening with my body.:grin: The scale shows no decrease but my clothes are fitting differently now. Looser!:yay: People are starting to comment on my face not looking as full.:thumbsup: I know the cocktail fills me up till lunch. Plus I have been trying to make wiser food choices. I was going to cut out the soy protein once I finished this container, but I may keep it in the mix.

Wanted the Prayer Warriors to address....
Today, DH is phone interviewing for a new j-o-b, pray for his favor and him getting this promotion~Blessings to ya!

My prayers are with you. Let us know how things turn out. My son, who has been out of work since January, has an interview on the 16th of this month. I have already started praying.

Stay lifted, Sista!

Natural Love, thanks so much. ~I set my faith in agreeement with yours that your son will receive this job and it'll be better than anything he could ask or think, in Jesus' name!

My prayers are with you. Let us know how things turn out. My son, who has been out of work since January, has an interview on the 16th of this month. I have already started praying.

Stay lifted, Sista!

Thank you, I receive that.

Prayers to you and DH. Things will go wonderfully and according to God's will.

I'll get back to you all with a Praise Report!!!

Bronze & Friends...Egglettes one and all....

You all have brought me out of "lurk" mode. I joined the board in July '08, after lurking for a month (formerly "sweett08"). This is only my second post, but I decided I had to bite the bullet and get it done.

I started the shake maybe...three months ago. I was consistent for two/three weeks but got assigned a new project at work and became super busy (stopped making my daily morning shake). Things have started to get back to normal, so I elected, last week, to start again. I had no hesitation about the raw egg, once I read the comments about Caesar dressing (which I love).

In the short time I took it, I noticed clearer/"glowier" skin (the dry patches on my face went away, but have since returned - likely due to bad diet), fullness each time I take it...am not hungry 'til lunch time, a desire to eat healthier while taking it (true enough, if you eat the "wrong" stuff, you'll feel it), increased energy and shocker of all, de-gunked feet (dry skin/scale reduction). I was only "airish" for about a day (lots of bathroom time that first time around)

Have been eating like a fiend, due to project stress, so I am plumping up, but was previously slimming down (yes, this does include the "girls", which are always the first thing to grow and I really need no help in that area).

I now notice stronger nails (Thank the Lord! They are just now getting back in shape after my quick January stint of acrylics) and am hoping hair follows.

Note: Was taking shake, women's multi, skin/hair/nail vit and garlic (to stop shedding).

I've recently noticed some hair mushiness (think I was moisturizing too much) and I am probably a protein lova so I have increased protein treatments to eliminate the mush.

Sorry this is so lengthy, but I love the shake, I've recommended it to many and am going back to it this weekend.

Bronze/All: My prayers for happy hair growth are with you and "good lookin' out" to you, Bronze - I appreciate your sharing the recipe and the "positivity" in this thread!

Please sign me up for one of the Divalicious shirts and Bronze, I hope to see ya in H-Town!

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome! Here is a photo of my pony in January and another one I took today. I don't know if the pictures really show it, but my hair keeps getting thicker (sorry they are sideways...I don't know how to fix this). I am so happy for the progress! :grin:

i definitely see progress:grin:

the egg cocktail strikes again :yay:

congrats carolinagal :rosebud:

:grin:

You all have brought me out of "lurk" mode. I joined the board in July '08, after lurking for a month (formerly "sweett08"). This is only my second post, but I decided I had to bite the bullet and get it done.

I started the shake maybe...three months ago. I was consistent for two/three weeks but got assigned a new project at work and became super busy (stopped making my daily morning shake). Things have started to get back to normal, so I elected, last week, to start again. I had no hesitation about the raw egg, once I read the comments about Caesar dressing (which I love).

In the short time I took it, I noticed clearer/"glowier" skin (the dry patches on my face went away, but have since returned - likely due to bad diet), fullness each time I take it...am not hungry 'til lunch time, a desire to eat healthier while taking it (true enough, if you eat the "wrong" stuff, you'll feel it), increased energy and shocker of all, de-gunked feet (dry skin/scale reduction). I was only "airish" for about a day (lots of bathroom time that first time around)

Have been eating like a fiend, due to project stress, so I am plumping up, but was previously slimming down (yes, this does include the "girls", which are always the first thing to grow and I really need no help in that area).

I now notice stronger nails (Thank the Lord! They are just now getting back in shape after my quick January stint of acrylics) and am hoping hair follows.

Note: Was taking shake, women's multi, skin/hair/nail vit and garlic (to stop shedding).

I've recently noticed some hair mushiness (think I was moisturizing too much) and I am probably a protein lova so I have increased protein treatments to eliminate the mush.

Sorry this is so lengthy, but I love the shake, I've recommended it to many and am going back to it this weekend.

Bronze/All: My prayers for happy hair growth are with you and "good lookin' out" to you, Bronze - I appreciate your sharing the recipe and the "positivity" in this thread!

Please sign me up for one of the Divalicious shirts and Bronze, I hope to see ya in H-Town!

welcome sweetdymeond

i see you are also loving the shake!!:lick:

Cocktailing it now . . .

Today I added flaxseed oil for the first time. It's got a somewhat bitter taste but not too bad.

3/4 cup vanilla soymilk
2 tablespoon toasted wheatgerm
1 organic egg
1 whole banana
5 small cubes frozen mango
2 tablespoons flaxseed oil

SweetDYMEond, thanks for your post!

I really appreciate all of the testimonials, it seems super special when a lurker comes out to share, you know? I can't wait to hear from you after another month of cocktailin' it.

Girl, the Egglettes are gonna take over Bayou City with all of our waistlength hair, glowing skin, and - i'm workin on this - super fine/fit bodies!!! :spinning: I will c u in H-Town - bet.

*Thought* It would be so nice to meet all the Egglettes IRL...hmmm maybe we can work on this...<brainstorming>

We got ya on that tee!

Thanks most of all for the prayer...

Blessings to ya, Egglette SweetDYMEond - and - Welcome to our Nest!

Last edited:
^^^ Happy Saturday to you as well!!!

Sending prayers and you know we eagerly await the Praise Report!!!

Happy Dance for what God is about to do! >>>:creatures

Cocktailing it now . . .

Today I added flaxseed oil for the first time. It's got a somewhat bitter taste but not too bad.

3/4 cup vanilla soymilk
2 tablespoon toasted wheatgerm
1 organic egg
1 whole banana
5 small cubes frozen mango
2 tablespoons flaxseed oil

Hey Foxee! Your cocktail sounds delish! I just wanted to ask if the flaxseed oil blended well in the drink, or does it have an slightly oily taste? I'm always eyeing :look: the flaxseed oil every time I go in Whole Foods!! I take EFA's (liquid/with omega and flaxseed) each day, so I generally don't use any oil in my drink.

Hey Foxee! Your cocktail sounds delish! I just wanted to ask if the flaxseed oil blended well in the drink, or does it have an slightly oily taste? I'm always eyeing :look: the flaxseed oil every time I go in Whole Foods!! I take EFA's (liquid/with omega and flaxseed) each day, so I generally don't use any oil in my drink.

Hi Stella! I noticed a hint of a little mediciny taste, but the fruit helps mask that. I blend the contents for close to one minute to make sure it's evenly distributed. I imagine if I omitted the fruit it probably wouldn't taste very good, though.

Hello my sisters:

I have not been posting as much because God is working in my life and I am going through a lot of changes for the good but I just wanted you all to know that I am still with you, still praying for us and our hair! My hair is taking off incredibly. I had it cut about a month ago and it has already grown back almost to the point where it grew back. I have never seen this kind of growth before!!! I am so thankful to you all, especially you Bronze. I am losing weight now steadily and I am hoping to be APL by the time my husband comes in August and at this rate and with God's help, I pray that I can do it! I have changed my shake a little, I still incorporate the CHL/SPRL in my hair shake so now this is what it is composed of and so far I am loving it so much better:

1/2 cup of pure orange juice (no high fructose stuff!)
1 ounce of Reserveratrol liquid (Reserveratrol is a compound found in red wine that facilitates weight loss, anti-aging and increased energy.)
1 tablespoon of wheat germ
1 whole egg
1 tsp chlorella
1 tsp spirulina
(occasionally bananas or blueberries or other fruit)
2 ounces of water.

You ladies be blessed! I will check in more in the future.

HairHustla!
I'm so glad you posted, you've been in my thoughts. I'm glad your changes are working out for your good, our prayers are with you.

I'm so happy with your hair progress! It looks amazing in your photo. You will reach your goal - and your hubby will be sooo happy! Check in when you can and don't slack off. Your hair is looking way too good for that!

Be Blessed, Egglette~

Hello my sisters:

I have not been posting as much because God is working in my life and I am going through a lot of changes for the good but I just wanted you all to know that I am still with you, still praying for us and our hair! My hair is taking off incredibly. I had it cut about a month ago and it has already grown back almost to the point where it grew back. I have never seen this kind of growth before!!! I am so thankful to you all, especially you Bronze. I am losing weight now steadily and I am hoping to be APL by the time my husband comes in August and at this rate and with God's help, I pray that I can do it! I have changed my shake a little, I still incorporate the CHL/SPRL in my hair shake so now this is what it is composed of and so far I am loving it so much better:

1/2 cup of pure orange juice (no high fructose stuff!)
1 ounce of Reserveratrol liquid (Reserveratrol is a compound found in red wine that facilitates weight loss, anti-aging and increased energy.)
1 tablespoon of wheat germ
1 whole egg
1 tsp chlorella
1 tsp spirulina
(occasionally bananas or blueberries or other fruit)
2 ounces of water.

You ladies be blessed! I will check in more in the future.

ATTENTION ALL EGGLETTES:

Please note that previously i mentioned orange juice to be a no-no in this cocktail, well with continued research, i found that grapefruit juice and lemon juice are both no-nos.

There is no mention of orange juice being an issue.
However, one should not add grapefruit juice or lemon juice to their shake.
It is not stated why, it just states not to. ;-\

Thanks for your attention. I hope this clarified things and have not hindered you in anyway.

~Br*nze

ATTENTION ALL EGGLETTES:

i found that grapefruit juice and lemon juice are both no-nos.

~Br*nze

I wonder why. Too acidic?

Anyway, I went to purchase the flaxseed to add to my shake in hopes of enhancing boobage:blush: but I noticed that for 2 tblsp it has over 100 cals.

While the increase in the boob area is enticing, I am still trying to lose those pesky 3-5 pounds. Has anyone that uses flax seed/oil noticed any weightgain?

Thanks

Anyway, I went to purchase the flaxseed to add to my shake in hopes of enhancing boobage:blush: but I noticed that for 2 tblsp it has over 100 cals.

While the increase in the boob area is enticing, I am still trying to lose those pesky 3-5 pounds. Has anyone that uses flax seed/oil noticed any weightgain?

Thanks

I haven't been using flaxseed long enough to tell, but if I'll let you all know if my weight begins to fluctuate. I'm skinny as a rail so it won't be too hard to tell. :lachen:

I haven't been using flaxseed long enough to tell, but if I'll let you all know if my weight begins to fluctuate. I'm skinny as a rail so it won't be too hard to tell. :lachen:

I would appreciate that. I think I might just hold off on the flax (I am taking the supplement right now anyway) until I get rid of the excess weight.

Happy Cocktailing.

Got my drink in today....I've been SLACKING!

Weather got hot--hair got longer (and now I think I'm cute :lol:) and I have been wearing it straight and down :spank: and not drinking my drink :nono:

I'm back on it--and the hair is in a bun for the entire week!

I just read the label on my flaxseed oil. A teaspoon is 45 calories and I use 2 tablespoons. That means I put 270 calories of flaxseed in my shake. I put another 2 tablespoons of toasted wheat germ that adds up to another 50 calories. So that's 320 calories so far not including the egg, banana, mango and soy milk. So yeah, if anyone's watching your weight you may not want to follow my recipe.

I just read the label on my flaxseed oil. A teaspoon is 45 calories and I use 2 tablespoons. That means I put 270 calories of flaxseed in my shake. I put another 2 tablespoons of toasted wheat germ that adds up to another 50 calories. So that's 320 calories so far not including the egg, banana, mango and soy milk. So yeah, if anyone's watching your weight you may not want to follow my recipe.

Probably not.:drunk: Sounds delish though:lick:. I would be more thann happy to give you those pounds I am trying to lose. (smile)

I would like to know if the shake can be made in advance. Maybe at night for my morning cocktail if keeping it refrigerated or maybe for a couple of days, of course keeping it in the fridge. That would save lots of time.

ATTENTION ALL EGGLETTES:

Please note that previously i mentioned orange juice to be a no-no in this cocktail, well with continued research, i found that grapefruit juice and lemon juice are both no-nos.

There is no mention of orange juice being an issue.
However, one should not add grapefruit juice or lemon juice to their shake.
It is not stated why, it just states not to. ;-\

Thanks for your attention. I hope this clarified things and have not hindered you in anyway.

~Br*nze

Thank you so much Bronze, you are always so positive and warm:yep:
So let me be sure, you are saying that OJ is okay? I didn't know there was an issue with juices, I missed out on that episode of "As the Egglettes Drink". :grin:

I went to the doctor yesterday and yes my cholesterol is high. I told him about my shake and he said it's fine however I need to exercise to burn off the cholesterol I am ingesting, otherwise it will just stored up in my body.

I haven't taken my cocktail in two days, but will back on it in the morning.

Hello my sisters:

HairHustla,
Congrats on the hair, health, and Spiritual progress! We have faith that you will achieve your goals. Keep up the good work! You be blessed also.

CG

I wonder why. Too acidic?

Thanks

ROFL!!! That is too funny! I have only used the original recipe with no additives other than frozen fruit and I did not gain any weight. If anything, I think my muscle mass improved so my body shape got better (IMO). HTH!

Probably not.:drunk: Sounds delish though:lick:. I would be more thann happy to give you those pounds I am trying to lose. (smile)

Send them! I'll take 5 lbs, please. :grin:

I would like to know if the shake can be made in advance. Maybe at night for my morning cocktail if keeping it refrigerated or maybe for a couple of days, of course keeping it in the fridge. That would save lots of time.

I don't see why not. If you use banana in your shake it may turn a darker color while in the fridge, though.

Back